Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3045395 - 11/22/12 09:52 PM Re: I’m interested in 2016 bid [Re: TNDeerGuy]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy

Listen dude, it is obvious you enjoy bloviating just to make yourself feel good. Uhhhh....one is a strict isolationist and the other one isn't—yeah, most normal people, that don't believe in cults would call that vastly different, especially when it has to do with such an extremely important subject such as foreign policies! By the way, don't tell me what I have heard/read—I didn't think I heard it in 2010, I know I read it this morning http://rt.com/usa/news/rand-paul-foreign-policy/ and it was from 2011 (I messed up the date). Don't go criticizing me on their differences, I merely pointed them out—which obviously you don't like, and you can't deal with the fact that the two do hold two different views, which I will stick with the fact that they ARE vast——

[i]"His father, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) favors withdrawal of all US troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't think anyone in this thread, including myself, has said anything about NOT supporting him—quite the contrary in fact. Most of us have simply said that we would consider it as long as he does not hold the same views of naivety and isolationism as his father. We are not going to fall at his feet like 12 year-old, tongue-wagging girls on the front row of a Justin Bieber concert just because of whom his father is. We will judge him and potentially pull the lever for him based on merit, actions and nothing more.

We have had some spirited debates on this forum about policy since the 2012 Republican primary began to heat up. The majority of regulars on here are informed and passionate about their positions. A handful bring very little substance to the board. We can debate facts and policies for pages and pages but your continued names, trolling comments, insults, and strange Justin Bieber reference bring very little to any debate.

Our "discussion", which has now filled two pages, began with a factually inaccurate statement. You either are uninformed about Ron Paul's foreign policy (nonintervention), Rand Paul's foreign policy (nonintervention), or the definition of the word vastly. In the link you provided you conveniently left out all the quotes attributed to Rand.

“We're out of money. Our foreign policy, an expansionist foreign policy, will end. Whether you agree with me or not it will end, because we are out of money,” Paul said. “By and large foreign policy has been bipartisan, with very little dissent in our country. That's why I am unusual and called names—anyone who brings up less intervention is called an isolationist,” Paul said.
Paul also said President Barack Obama is “not very different” than former President George W. Bush. The Senator from Kentucky has proposed ending America’s $30 billion in aid to Israel. He called the United Nations a quote “forum for dictators.”
“When I prioritize spending, I think national defense is a constitutional function of government, so I think that it would have a priority for me over all other spending really,” he said.

Below is a statement on Rand's position that is worded in a more accurate and better way.
 Originally Posted By: preds1
Rand himself has said he has some different views than his dad.
He was speaking/campaigning for him during the primaries and didn't go into specifics regarding the subject.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3045467 - 11/23/12 12:12 AM Re: I’m interested in 2016 bid [Re: de novo]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy

Listen dude, it is obvious you enjoy bloviating just to make yourself feel good. Uhhhh....one is a strict isolationist and the other one isn't—yeah, most normal people, that don't believe in cults would call that vastly different, especially when it has to do with such an extremely important subject such as foreign policies! By the way, don't tell me what I have heard/read—I didn't think I heard it in 2010, I know I read it this morning http://rt.com/usa/news/rand-paul-foreign-policy/ and it was from 2011 (I messed up the date). Don't go criticizing me on their differences, I merely pointed them out—which obviously you don't like, and you can't deal with the fact that the two do hold two different views, which I will stick with the fact that they ARE vast——

[i]"His father, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) favors withdrawal of all US troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't think anyone in this thread, including myself, has said anything about NOT supporting him—quite the contrary in fact. Most of us have simply said that we would consider it as long as he does not hold the same views of naivety and isolationism as his father. We are not going to fall at his feet like 12 year-old, tongue-wagging girls on the front row of a Justin Bieber concert just because of whom his father is. We will judge him and potentially pull the lever for him based on merit, actions and nothing more.

We have had some spirited debates on this forum about policy since the 2012 Republican primary began to heat up. The majority of regulars on here are informed and passionate about their positions. A handful bring very little substance to the board. We can debate facts and policies for pages and pages but your continued names, trolling comments, insults, and strange Justin Bieber reference bring very little to any debate.

Our "discussion", which has now filled two pages, began with a factually inaccurate statement. You either are uninformed about Ron Paul's foreign policy (nonintervention), Rand Paul's foreign policy (nonintervention), or the definition of the word vastly. In the link you provided you conveniently left out all the quotes attributed to Rand.

“We're out of money. Our foreign policy, an expansionist foreign policy, will end. Whether you agree with me or not it will end, because we are out of money,” Paul said. “By and large foreign policy has been bipartisan, with very little dissent in our country. That's why I am unusual and called names—anyone who brings up less intervention is called an isolationist,” Paul said.
Paul also said President Barack Obama is “not very different” than former President George W. Bush. The Senator from Kentucky has proposed ending America’s $30 billion in aid to Israel. He called the United Nations a quote “forum for dictators.”
“When I prioritize spending, I think national defense is a constitutional function of government, so I think that it would have a priority for me over all other spending really,” he said.

Below is a statement on Rand's position that is worded in a more accurate and better way.
 Originally Posted By: preds1
Rand himself has said he has some different views than his dad.
He was speaking/campaigning for him during the primaries and didn't go into specifics regarding the subject.

Listen bud, you believe what you want to, and I'll do the same for myself and come to my own conclusions based on information that is before me—is that okay for you? I'm no longer going to argue the difference between the two with you and I don't need someone like you to tell me what is fact, nor fiction—I have the ability to completely differentiate between the two.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (bjohnson, ADR, eastTN270, gobblegrunt, THE DUKE, hydro76k, 11 invisible) and 113 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91401 Topics
1068499 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.