Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3040125 - 11/19/12 09:56 AM Gun Store: Obama Voters
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Not Welcome Here!

I'm sure some of you on FaceBook have seen the sign.... but here is an article written about it that was in the news:

The owner of an Arizona gun store said he will not sell weapons to customers who voted for President Obama because “you have proven that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”

Cope Reynolds, owner of the Southwest Shooting Authority in Pinetop, Ariz., posted the new store policy in a newspaper advertisement — as well as on a sign posted on the front door.

“If you voted for Barack Obama your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority,” the ad reads. “You have proven that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”
The Southwest Shooting Authority is a family-owned, family-run business that Reynolds opened in 2004. He told Fox News that he’s absolutely serious about the new policy.

“I’m a small business owner,” he said. “If you are dumb enough to vote for Obama again – after four years of this — I don’t think you are responsible enough to own a firearm. I don’t care who it makes mad.”

Reynolds acknowledged that folks coming into his store probably didn’t vote for Obama anyway, but he’s still making a statement. He said he’s concerned about how President Obama’s policies could impact his small business.

He also posted a letter on the Ammoland website that read in part:

“To Whom it May Concern:

I thought you all might be interested in this. We will try to demonstrate once again that the bottom line for our business is principle, not money. Yes, it has been damaging at times but our values are intact. Effective immediately, if you voted for Obama, your money is no good here. You have proven beyond a doubt that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm. We have just put a sign up on the front door to save you the trouble of walking all the way in here.”

Reynolds said they’ve been deluged with telephone calls from supportive Americans — some from as far away as New York and New Jersey. One caller placed an order for hundreds of dollars worth of ammunition.

But others have not been so supportive. Reynolds said there have been lots of “vile, rude, and hateful comments.”

“I hate it because my 17-year-old son answers the phone and the light into him,” Reynolds said. “They call us stupid rednecks and racist.”

The family has also received two death threats. But Reynolds said he’s not that worried about safety.

“We’re able to wear our guns in Arizona and we wear on 24-7,” he said. “We train regularly.”

At the end of the day, Reynolds said it really doesn’t matter what happens to his company — the signs are staying up.

“If we lose the whole business it doesn’t matter,” he said. “The bottom line is — my values.”

News Link

#3040884 - 11/19/12 05:55 PM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I think this is his place.

I wish they had a online order store.

http://www.southwestshootingauthority.com/?ammoladn

#3041072 - 11/19/12 08:01 PM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: Wildcat]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

That's awesome i think! Small businesses are going to have a tough next 4 years plus.

#3041141 - 11/19/12 08:45 PM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: Wildcat]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
I think this is his place.

I wish they had a online order store.

http://www.southwestshootingauthority.com/?ammoladn

x2. i would order tonight

#3041310 - 11/19/12 10:30 PM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: redblood]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

All of us "Red Staters" should treat ALL "Blue Staters" the same way in all business transactions and any other relationships.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3041743 - 11/20/12 09:03 AM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Agreed. I think we need a "Red State Trade Commission" where we only deal with OUR side.

#3041825 - 11/20/12 09:34 AM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I think we should focus on the state elections from here on out.

IF we can get some decent honest people running the states, it will only be a matter of time before they tell the Federal Govt. to "stuff it, we aren't going to participate in xzy program"

#3042616 - 11/20/12 06:40 PM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: fishboy1]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

happy Online
barrett already does this ,sort of. they refused to sell 50 cals or service them for the republik of kalifornia.
#3045322 - 11/22/12 08:51 PM Re: Gun Store: Obama Voters [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
Agreed. I think we need a "Red State Trade Commission" where we only deal with OUR side.

The problem is that the blue states are mainly red but the large population centers. The map that shows by voting districts by color is overwelming. I think not supporting the companies that support the dem party is a start. I saw a list some place and told my wife some bad news. No more bon jovi for her and starbucks

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
137 registered (DocSteve, primos32, Plott 1, bowhunter163, Deck78, TeamMainStreet, 9 invisible) and 209 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99155 Topics
1166041 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.058 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.