Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3044825 - 11/22/12 11:07 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Wonder why it is than when dems lose elections no one ever suggests that they should be more conservative?
Never trust or take advice from someone who tells you to sacrfice your principles or lower your standards.

They are not looking out for you. They are demoralizing you

Exactly why I am a registered Republican. I vote for the most conservative in the Primary, then the lesser of two evils in the General.
Like you said before Crappie, we nominated the guy who lost to the guy that lost to Obomber.

Shame on you America for being so foolish and easily manipulated.

#3044923 - 11/22/12 12:54 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Red4arm]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Red4arm
The GOP base is too small to win a national election on its on, the base will vote republican no matter who the GOP pics. The GOP picks candidates from blue states with hopes that they can turn those states. Thats why ryan was chosen. Without a move to the middle, or a disaster on the democrats part, they have no chance of winning nationally. It's a matter of statistics. The base hates a moderate candidate, but without a move to the middle on the social issues, the GOP will have the house but that's it. The rural vote is not enough to win.

Thats exactly why we lost. The Base did NOT turn out in 08(17 millon dd not) and even less this time. If just the base had turned out either year they have won. Everytime they run a moderate, they lose.
Its just that kind of thinking they do, a move to the middle moderate.
Compromise is the problem, not the solution

#3044941 - 11/22/12 01:21 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
Red4arm
Spike

Loc: TN

It's a matter of numbers. There are not enough conservative GOP voters to win a national election. You can be unwilling to give on any social issue and continue with the same election map as the past two. It's just the statistical fact.
#3045010 - 11/22/12 02:49 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Red4arm]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

It's a matter of numbers. There are not enough conservative GOP voters to win a national election.

Thats just not true. There is enough to win in a lqndskide. But they have to have a conservative to vote for.

How can you measure the conservative vote by running a moderate, liberal light?

- Keep it real

#3045413 - 11/22/12 10:05 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

Wonder why it is than when dems lose elections no one ever suggests that they should be more conservative?
Never trust or take advice from someone who tells you to sacrfice your principles or lower your standards.

They are not looking out for you. They are demoralizing you

THANK YOU!

#3052053 - 11/27/12 05:34 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Hang everyone of them as soon as the last democrat is strung up.
#3052297 - 11/27/12 07:52 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

It's a matter of numbers. There are not enough conservative GOP voters to win a national election.

Thats just not true. There is enough to win in a lqndskide. But they have to have a conservative to vote for.

I was away from the internet when this post first appeared and happened to see it today. What on earth prompts you to believe the statement I highlighted above?

#3052313 - 11/27/12 08:01 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Bambi Buster]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I was away from the internet when this post first appeared and happened to see it today. What on earth prompts you to believe the statement I highlighted above?

I can't speak for CL, but here's my take.

Obama received about 60 mil votes in his victory.

94 mil registered voters did not turn out to vote.

#3052387 - 11/27/12 08:38 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Koyodiak]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Ask yourself what was the difference between 2010 and 2012, and you'll begin to understand both why the GOP lost, and how they can win.

In the first debate when Romney actually acted conservative his numbers surged. Then he sat on it. Playing it safe is not winning. I think a real conservative with the ability to convey a convincing conservative message and one who continues to attack on all fronts instead of playing it safe would have beaten Obama. In fact, the biggest threat to that candidate would be the GOP establishment and not the democrats. Case in point, look what the GOP establishment did to Colonel Allen West.

The future of the GOP, and the country, was first elected in 2010. They waited in the wings on this one, helping where they could, but not running. In four years they will be ready. The only one that shot himself in the foot was Christie.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3052406 - 11/27/12 08:49 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Koyodiak]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I can't speak for CL, but here's my take.

Obama received about 60 mil votes in his victory.

94 mil registered voters did not turn out to vote.

Your right. Look at how many conservatives STAYED HOME AND DID NOT VOTE when McCain ran and again how many did the same thing again and did not vote when Romney ran.

Obama had the better VOTER TURN OUT. It is that simple.

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger, yankeeinthesouth, PEhunter
13293 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (Redwing, KillenTime, TNGunsmoke, TNRazorback, BigD_625, Vermin93, 11 invisible) and 156 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13293 Members
42 Forums
85453 Topics
1032571 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.209 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.