Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3043800 - 11/21/12 03:03 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: youngandfree]
Vermin93
10 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: youngandfree
So , from what I gather from a few, we are to judge people by their actions 10-15 years earlier?

Odd how that works.

Barry Soetoro can run around with Anti American Communists, admit he sold drugs and snorted cocaine, attend a racist church for 20 years, and STILL support those radical viewpoints, and it is a moot point....but someone who claims to be a conservative is found to have a less than stellar past, and we never give him a chance to do ANYTHING?

Seriously?

Yes, we are to judge America's leaders by their past and present actions. Obama should have been judged the same, but for whatever reason a majority of the American people like him and Bill Clinton.

Again - if Scott Desjarlais is the best Republican Congressional candidate and leader that the 4th District of Tenneessee has to offer, then the 4th District of Tennessee is pretty pathetic.

#3043944 - 11/21/12 05:15 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: youngandfree]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

You said if he were a democrat he could run a prostitution ring and sell drugs out his house... Both illegal activities...

#3043955 - 11/21/12 05:26 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: guthooked
You said if he were a democrat he could run a prostitution ring and sell drugs out his house... Both illegal activities...

this is in reference to barney Frank in the 1980's. Except it was a gay prostitution ring.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3044006 - 11/21/12 06:01 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: de novo]
youngandfree
6 Point

Loc: Greene County, Tn.

Thanks Denovo. Glad to see someone is up to date and understood what I was referring to.

#3044596 - 11/22/12 07:54 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: youngandfree]
guthooked
4 Point

Up to date? First of all, that was in the 80's. Secondly I don't care about a masshole... which is what barney frank is. Barney Frank is irrelevant to me. Massachusetts is something we have no control over....

We're talking about a rep of Tennessee who has now acknowledged... "sexual relationships with multiple women, including two patients, three co-workers and a drug company representative while he was chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper." and two abortions with his WIFE at the time.

That's what I find troubling. These are things he ran against. Kind of like Larry Craig trying to expel BF and then getting caught soliciting... also hyprocrisy.

I'll give you that BF is a slimeball. But I'm still troubled the SD is our current hypocritical rep.

#3044925 - 11/22/12 12:56 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Just wondering - those voicing discontent, did you actually vote for or support him before you knew these things? My guess is - no.

#3044973 - 11/22/12 02:19 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: -DRM-]
guthooked
4 Point

I'm not in his district. I did vote republican if that's what you're asking.

#3045125 - 11/22/12 05:11 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
youngandfree
6 Point

I think people have a hard time accepting that people can and do change. Had these events happened during his political career, or event after he claimed he had changed, I would hold them against him. The fact is, he admittd this was before he had a change in his life. I don't agree with his actions, but I can't hold them against him because he professes to be a changed man.

#3045305 - 11/22/12 08:36 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: youngandfree]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Ok so if I ran for office and stated I am agenst legilizing MJ and am for family values, which both are true. But my past was not so family valued and I have rolled a few. All that are in court records some place. now as far as a better consertitive I am sure there are better ones but not sure any want the job. But I could not vote for a dem exp the close makeup of the congres and how the party is all fallowing the idiots on top.
#3045345 - 11/22/12 09:05 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: waynesworld]
youngandfree
6 Point

Exactly!

Dejarlais past does not mirror his present actions and views, He has been clear on this numerous times. If there are better conservatives out there, let them run for office and lets see what happens.

On a personal note...My past actions and decisions did not always reflect my personal views now. Should what I done 15 years ago, that I admit is not who I am now (and can prove from recent actions and history)affect me being able to perform my duty as an elected official?

FYI....Dejarlais's district is the same one who voted a convicted felon, sitting the the state pen, back into office as a representative back in the 80's.

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (scn, JOSEY WALES, 7mm08, Deer Assassin, TNGunsmoke, E71A, 13 invisible) and 161 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85666 Topics
1035232 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.275 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.