Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#3055300 - 11/29/12 03:17 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Wildcat]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I think people thought Obama was so bad, no way he could win, and anyone could beat him. They didnt feel that they needed to go and hold thier noses and pull the lever once again, so they stayed home, thinking it would be taken care of without them.

You had those so called experts telling everyone the polls were wrong and Romney was going to win, which didnt help either. Others didnt care what was at stake, and thought they make a point, staying home or wasting thier vote, without care of what the cost would be.
Anyone could have and should have beat Obama, but when your playing not to lose, instead of playing to win, it aint going to happen without a good lead. All it would have took was someone taking the fight to Obama and calling him out, telling it like it is, not pulling no punches, and making him look like the fool he is.
No it was play nice for fear of being called a racist, dont want to take a chance on upsetting those votes we had no chance of getting, and letting the base and swing voters down by doing so with another weak canidate.
First debate was the ONLY time Romney looked good to the base and swing voters, polls proved it.
after 3rd debate, the base had crawled back in thier hole and and the swing voters, thought why change corse, Romney agreed with Obama on about everything, refused to attack him on issues he should have, slap Obama on the back, and handed him the keys to the whitehouse.
Game over.
It was very clear what, when, how, and why Romney lost this race

#3055452 - 11/29/12 04:49 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Dale3
I think people thought Obama was so bad, no way he could win, and anyone could beat him. They didnt feel that they needed to go and hold thier noses and pull the lever once again, so they stayed home, thinking it would be taken care of without them.

You had those so called experts telling everyone the polls were wrong and Romney was going to win, which didnt help either. Others didnt care what was at stake, and thought they make a point, staying home or wasting thier vote, without care of what the cost would be.
Anyone could have and should have beat Obama, but when your playing not to lose, instead of playing to win, it aint going to happen without a good lead. All it would have took was someone taking the fight to Obama and calling him out, telling it like it is, not pulling no punches, and making him look like the fool he is.
No it was play nice for fear of being called a racist, dont want to take a chance on upsetting those votes we had no chance of getting, and letting the base and swing voters down by doing so with another weak canidate.
First debate was the ONLY time Romney looked good to the base and swing voters, polls proved it.
after 3rd debate, the base had crawled back in thier hole and and the swing voters, thought why change corse, Romney agreed with Obama on about everything, refused to attack him on issues he should have, slap Obama on the back, and handed him the keys to the whitehouse.
Game over.
It was very clear what, when, how, and why Romney lost this race

You just proved my point.

after 3rd debate, the base had crawled back in thier hole

I've been saying along that the conservative base did NOT come out to vote.

Had those voters showed up in certain states instead of their hole Romney would have won.

I cannot help it that Romney choose to play nice but after 4 years of Obama and all the conservatives and especially the "only true conservatives" talking about nothing but how Obama HAD to go, when it counted they "stayed in their holes".

Beleive it or not but I would rather one of 5 certain people on TnDeer run for president and I would back him with everything I have. But they will not run. Not just because they don't have the millions needed but they have to start somewhere like the loacl school board, local office, then on to state office and then national office. We are talking YEARS before any of them would have any kind of chance of running.

Do any of you see anybody that's in office now that we could put up and get behind??? First off would he/she run????? Then according to you all he/she has to get approval from the top members of the party. So far I have not seen that but it could very well happen. it's NOT easy to get someone we all can get behind to run.

#3055571 - 11/29/12 05:56 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Wildcat]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I think Allen West, had the fighter in him thats needed, I know he wasnt perfect, dont need to hear this or that, i know what he done, but he truely had the fighter in him, proved it when he did what he beleave was right for his men, no matter the cost. He always told it like it is, and didnt sugar coat nothing.

BUT, to LAte the GOP elite saw and knew this also, and made sure they got rid of him ahead of time!
All more proof he was one of the few we had.

#3055591 - 11/29/12 06:07 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: fishboy1]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
The establishment pubs are political elites.

Pubs, Dems, doesn't matter. Once they are in office a couple terms they become elites. Sure they bicker over which programs they support but the elites ALL support 1 TYPE of program.....power and money to THEM.

Elites don't honor the rule of law or constitution. They honor power....their power.

Unless the GOP is gutted and filled with constitution supporting people, they are just another big government football team with a different color jersey.

Finally. We have a winner....

Let's Go Fishing!
Https://www.americanbaitcompany.com

#3066657 - 12/06/12 06:01 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: chunkandwind]
OHVATN
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Interesting perspective - neo-con led GOP is dying; liberty movement is the savior. Not sure I buy it, but intrigued by the thesis.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-06/guest-post-gop-dying-because-liberty-movement-thriving

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
49 registered (Snake, BigGameGuy, Tnscooter63, TW, Rockhound, pastorbmp, 10 invisible) and 109 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85593 Topics
1034245 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.23 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.