Page all of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3043424 - 11/21/12 09:44 AM Fixing the GOP
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/333713/nasty-gop-jim-geraghty?pg=1#

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3043685 - 11/21/12 01:17 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Poser]
Hawk
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: west tenn.

Well written article. May be a wake up call.

#3043718 - 11/21/12 01:52 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Hawk]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

A wake up call about what?

Most of the examples listed were about Conservative talk show hosts and authors.

The "Magic Negro" example was wrong. That term was first coined by the liberal LA times. The song was a spoof on THIER words, not the other way around.

The left can dress up like vaginas and urge voters to "Vote like their lady parts depend on it" and it's the GOP who needs a softer, more sensitive image?

There is no way to avoid a biased, slanted media who will attack conservatives and ignore the outrageous actions and words of liberals.

The only example in that list that really mattered and was avoidable was all the morons chiming in on abortion with idiotic statements. On that point, I agree.

But to say the GOP was on the wrong side of the 30 year old, slut activist Sandra Fluke is ridiculous. That was a media set-up and there was no "Right side" to whore who can afford 80K in tuition but not $9 for birth control.

#3043896 - 11/21/12 04:30 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

That article is one of the most BS articles I've seen lately.

A wake up call????

If anybody wants to see "meanness" just go look at the democrats and media allies and what they have said about President George Bush the LAST 12 YEARS.

Go over to MSNBC and CNN and listen to what they say.

Go to ANY of the democrat talk forums and read the Language they use when talking about repuublicans and conservatives.

What do the democrats call republicans and conservatives if they disagree with Obama POLITICS???? Racists. what does race have to do with any politicy?? Nothing, they just want to have something to hide behind and use.

The ONLY wake up call is for Americans to wake up to the democrat lies and what they have been OPENLY saying for YEARS,

#3044234 - 11/21/12 08:07 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Wildcat]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

I think hitting the reset(financial collapse) button is the only thing that will fix us. The country is beyond help or repair at this point.
#3044372 - 11/21/12 09:46 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Fordman]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Why can't the GOP be smart enough to start their 2016 primaries in state's that were red in 2012? Think about it. Why do blue Iowa and New Hampshire get to pick and often decide who our nominee is? Every election the primary schedule should be decided first in the red states - based on highest percentage going to the Republican candidate in the previous Presidential election.

Many of the blue states in 2008 and 2012 got to pick our non- conservative nominee and then support the Dems in the general.

Back to the election: I thought Romney was a lock to win, but...

Obama's weaknesses:

1. Obamacare
2. Strange non Christian religion
3. Foreign policy/ foreign wars

GOP candidate:
1. Romneycare
2. Mormon
3. Agreed with Obama practically 100% in the foreign policy debate.

Romney failed to carry the state he grew up in or the state he was governor of. His VP pick failed to carry his own state as well.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3044522 - 11/22/12 05:59 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

What they need is someone who a good conservative, not a over the top conservative,not a middle of the road moderate, Someone from humble backgrounds, not born with a silver spoon, someone(very important) people in lower and middle class can relate too, a "feel your pain" person, someone who real,tells it like it is, calls it what it is, and dont back down, someone who will excite the BASE to turn out and vote.

When this started pretty much everyone i knew and everyone on here, it was anyone BUT Romney.
I never thought he could win, even with Obama's 4 yr record.
After first debate, i thought Romney had a chance, by third debate, i felt he blew it, and had little to no chance to win.

With the reason's thier giving why we lost and the names they are already throwing around, show's me these GOP elites and so called experts still dont get it. Not looking good for 2016 at the moment.
You think after, 2008,the tea party movment, 2010, and now 2012 would have made even these dummy's GET IT by now, they dont!

Edited by Dale3 (11/22/12 06:00 AM)

#3044784 - 11/22/12 10:25 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
Red4arm
Spike

Loc: TN

The GOP base is too small to win a national election on its on, the base will vote republican no matter who the GOP pics. The GOP picks candidates from blue states with hopes that they can turn those states. Thats why ryan was chosen. Without a move to the middle, or a disaster on the democrats part, they have no chance of winning nationally. It's a matter of statistics. The base hates a moderate candidate, but without a move to the middle on the social issues, the GOP will have the house but that's it. The rural vote is not enough to win.
#3044786 - 11/22/12 10:28 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Red4arm]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

How do you get more middle.than mccain or romney?

Bad advice on being more like the democrats has cost us two elections. Yall want to go for three?

#3044815 - 11/22/12 10:54 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Wonder why it is than when dems lose elections no one ever suggests that they should be more conservative?
Never trust or take advice from someone who tells you to sacrfice your principles or lower your standards.

They are not looking out for you. They are demoralizing you

#3044825 - 11/22/12 11:07 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Wonder why it is than when dems lose elections no one ever suggests that they should be more conservative?
Never trust or take advice from someone who tells you to sacrfice your principles or lower your standards.

Exactly why I am a registered Republican. I vote for the most conservative in the Primary, then the lesser of two evils in the General.
Like you said before Crappie, we nominated the guy who lost to the guy that lost to Obomber.

Shame on you America for being so foolish and easily manipulated.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3044923 - 11/22/12 12:54 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Red4arm]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Red4arm
The GOP base is too small to win a national election on its on, the base will vote republican no matter who the GOP pics. The GOP picks candidates from blue states with hopes that they can turn those states. Thats why ryan was chosen. Without a move to the middle, or a disaster on the democrats part, they have no chance of winning nationally. It's a matter of statistics. The base hates a moderate candidate, but without a move to the middle on the social issues, the GOP will have the house but that's it. The rural vote is not enough to win.

Thats exactly why we lost. The Base did NOT turn out in 08(17 millon dd not) and even less this time. If just the base had turned out either year they have won. Everytime they run a moderate, they lose.
Its just that kind of thinking they do, a move to the middle moderate.
Compromise is the problem, not the solution

#3044941 - 11/22/12 01:21 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
Red4arm
Spike

It's a matter of numbers. There are not enough conservative GOP voters to win a national election. You can be unwilling to give on any social issue and continue with the same election map as the past two. It's just the statistical fact.
#3045010 - 11/22/12 02:49 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Red4arm]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

It's a matter of numbers. There are not enough conservative GOP voters to win a national election.

Thats just not true. There is enough to win in a lqndskide. But they have to have a conservative to vote for.

How can you measure the conservative vote by running a moderate, liberal light?

#3045413 - 11/22/12 10:05 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

THANK YOU!

#3052053 - 11/27/12 05:34 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Hang everyone of them as soon as the last democrat is strung up.
#3052297 - 11/27/12 07:52 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

It's a matter of numbers. There are not enough conservative GOP voters to win a national election.

Thats just not true. There is enough to win in a lqndskide. But they have to have a conservative to vote for.

I was away from the internet when this post first appeared and happened to see it today. What on earth prompts you to believe the statement I highlighted above?

#3052313 - 11/27/12 08:01 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Bambi Buster]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I was away from the internet when this post first appeared and happened to see it today. What on earth prompts you to believe the statement I highlighted above?

I can't speak for CL, but here's my take.

Obama received about 60 mil votes in his victory.

94 mil registered voters did not turn out to vote.

#3052387 - 11/27/12 08:38 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Koyodiak]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Ask yourself what was the difference between 2010 and 2012, and you'll begin to understand both why the GOP lost, and how they can win.

In the first debate when Romney actually acted conservative his numbers surged. Then he sat on it. Playing it safe is not winning. I think a real conservative with the ability to convey a convincing conservative message and one who continues to attack on all fronts instead of playing it safe would have beaten Obama. In fact, the biggest threat to that candidate would be the GOP establishment and not the democrats. Case in point, look what the GOP establishment did to Colonel Allen West.

The future of the GOP, and the country, was first elected in 2010. They waited in the wings on this one, helping where they could, but not running. In four years they will be ready. The only one that shot himself in the foot was Christie.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3052406 - 11/27/12 08:49 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Koyodiak]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I can't speak for CL, but here's my take.

Obama received about 60 mil votes in his victory.

94 mil registered voters did not turn out to vote.

Your right. Look at how many conservatives STAYED HOME AND DID NOT VOTE when McCain ran and again how many did the same thing again and did not vote when Romney ran.

Obama had the better VOTER TURN OUT. It is that simple.

#3052436 - 11/27/12 09:07 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Wildcat]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

I don't disagree with the above statements but we can't just ramp up again in 4 years... We have surrendered ground to the liberals for too long.

Today the liberals control the education system, the media, the entertainment industry and ultimately, almost all of our 3 branches of government. We've got to work to take back the ground we gave up. Equal voice, equal message.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3052455 - 11/27/12 09:21 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Rebel]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

http://www.mcall.com/opinion/mc-republicans-lost-election-brinson-yv-20121127,0,354190.story

#3052463 - 11/27/12 09:30 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
de novo
10 Point

The excuse that conservatives did not turn out is a myth, IMO. This was as energized as I have seen the base since 1984. The frenzy to get Obama out was there. Do you really think republicans were more pumped up for Bush in 2004 than they were this year for romney?

The only two logical explanations are voter fraud or we are simply outnumbered.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3052470 - 11/27/12 09:35 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: de novo]
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

Im still in shock Obama won ! Im convinced its rigged.
Surely we dont have this many fools voting for the CHANGE we got!

#3052508 - 11/27/12 09:56 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Super8]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

My money and the evidence says fraud

#3052512 - 11/27/12 10:00 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I looked around me at 0645 Election Day and saw at least 50% Obama supporters in line with me.

We are outnumbered.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3052696 - 11/28/12 06:20 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Dale3
8 Point

STOP with all the BS! we LOST beacuse we Ran the WRONG person.
WE ran a Moderate, and EVERY TIME we've ran a Moderate we have LOST!!!!
WE KNEW when this started it was ANYONE, HELLO, ANYONE BUT ROMNEY!
We KNEW he COULDNT WIN AND WHY HE COULDNT!
Why are you all now?

My GOD, we wanted anyone but him! ANYONE!
Sure Obama is the owrst ever, BUT HE IS BLACK, ALL MINORTYS VOTED FOR HIM IN 2012 ALSO, ALL GULIT RIDDEN WHITES VOTED FOR HIM AGAIN, SAME AS 08.
I NEVER EVER thought no matter how awful Obama had been, this would be a easy win for those reasons!
2008 should have PROVED how dumb we are, with the BS you al are wanting to beleave, it didnt!
Its like i have ALWAYS said, Its the BIG picture that Matters!!!! Nothing else does!
Herman Cain was the ONLY one who had a chance of beating Obama! THE ONLY ONE! Not the best, not the smartest, not the most conservitive, but the ONLY one who had a chance!

Edited by Dale3 (11/28/12 06:30 AM)

#3052762 - 11/28/12 06:49 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

In 1888 an upset occured. Grover Cleveland - the incumbent was defeated by Benjamin Harrison. In the last 100 years there’s only one Republican that’s ever defeated a sitting Democratic incumbent president, one.

It was the ONE time we ran a strong conviction conservative, in the face of the pubs saying no, no, no, we need a moderate. We need to win. We need to win.

They always say that. And we always lose. And the one time we didn’t listen to the pub establishment, the Washington insiders, we got Ronald Reagan.

I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3052912 - 11/28/12 07:51 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Poser]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I have a couple of questions for you all about fixing the GOP.

How many of you vote in the Republican primarty ?

Besides the media who all on here attacked EVERYBODY in the primarity they didn't like??

I went against Ron Paul and stayed that way all though.

It seems like every time one of them came to the top he/she would get attacked by the same people that before the general election ALL of them were so bad they could never beat Obama who is blameless.

#3053025 - 11/28/12 09:04 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Super8]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Super8
Im still in shock Obama won ! Im convinced its rigged.
Surely we dont have this many fools voting for the CHANGE we got!

YEP.

#3053028 - 11/28/12 09:05 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

My money and the evidence says fraud

aaannndd YEP.

#3053695 - 11/28/12 04:58 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Fordman]
OHVATN
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Fordman
I think hitting the reset(financial collapse) button is the only thing that will fix us. The country is beyond help or repair at this point.

Agreed. The reset button gets pushed when the US dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency, and that day is approaching rapidly. We will wake up one morning to that nightmare. None of us has any idea how truly horrific it will be for Americans once our "exhorbitant privilege" is gone and no aircraft carrier battlegroup is going to make any difference. And for that, you can thank Republicans, Democrats, (neo) conseratives and liberals.

Here's why. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-28/cost-kidding-yourself

#3053938 - 11/28/12 07:26 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: OHVATN]
de novo
10 Point

Thanks for link and info. Good stuff from zero hedge!

#3053961 - 11/28/12 07:38 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: OHVATN]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

IMO, we need to change the mindset of Americans. No, the GOP is not perfect by any stretch.
They should lay out the realities of debt and our current situation with brutal honesty, not that anyone would listen.

However, we've bred new generations of laziness and dependency, get rich quick if you will.
We used to strive to be the best of the best, no matter your upbringing, race, gender, etc.
Today, the i-phone 4 just doesn't cut it, you're nothing unless you have the newer version.

Americans want the "bling", they just gave up working for it.
Now we're stuck with an ignorant & lazy block of people who will elect whoever promises the most free stuff and both parties enable them...... libs have just mastered the way to advertise and encourage it.

#3054053 - 11/28/12 08:13 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: preds1]
OHVATN
4 Point

Originally Posted By: preds1
IMO, we need to change the mindset of Americans. No, the GOP is not perfect by any stretch.
They should lay out the realities of debt and our current situation with brutal honesty, not that anyone would listen.

However, we've bred new generations of laziness and dependency, get rich quick if you will.
We used to strive to be the best of the best, no matter your upbringing, race, gender, etc.
Today, the i-phone 4 just doesn't cut it, you're nothing unless you have the newer version.

Americans want the "bling", they just gave up working for it.
Now we're stuck with an ignorant & lazy block of people who will elect whoever promises the most free stuff and both parties enable them...... libs have just mastered the way to advertise and encourage it.

Well said.

#3054193 - 11/28/12 09:16 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: TennesseeRains]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
In 1888 an upset occured. Grover Cleveland - the incumbent was defeated by Benjamin Harrison. In the last 100 years there’s only one Republican that’s ever defeated a sitting Democratic incumbent president, one.

It was the ONE time we ran a strong conviction conservative, in the face of the pubs saying no, no, no, we need a moderate. We need to win. We need to win.

They always say that. And we always lose. And the one time we didn’t listen to the pub establishment, the Washington insiders, we got Ronald Reagan.

Dale and Tennessee have it right, IMO. Think about what the GOP establishment have offered us over the past 20 years. George "Read My Lips" Bush, Bob Dole, George Jr. (who happens to be the best they've offered which speaks volumes,) John McCain and now Mitt "The Moderate" Romney. They seem to think that if they offer someone who won't offend the very people who won't vote for them anyway, they'll win. And although Bush Jr. won, he barely did.

In the mid 1990's I trusted the Repubs and supported them heavily when they won the House and Senate, running as conservatives. That lasted until George Jr. started getting all nice with the dems, about $10 trillion dollars ago, and before the dems took control of congress in 2006. It is clear to anyone who knows the history that as soon as the Repubs go soft, they get their butts handed to them. Romney and the establishment went soft in this election. Didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, gotta be politcally correct.

Again, look back at 2010 and who was it that gave the Repubs the House and almost the Senate? TRUE CONSERVATIVES. Now they want to blame us for Romney's loss.

I will never vote for a Republican again, unless they are a fire breathing, bona fide conservatives willing to bar nothing, no rules, street fight the dems. And right now the only ones that can be trusted to do that are the Tea Party Repubs. If it means dems get to run this country into the ground, so be it. Because establishment Repubs don't have what it takes to stop them anyway.

They are now presented with a fight over the "Fiscal Cliff" and once again they are waffling. They are playing into the hands of the dems, and the media.

It is Deja Vu all over again, and the repubs falling for it, again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vnUv7y4U2T0

-Thomas Jefferson

#3054268 - 11/28/12 10:05 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Poser]
sawman
4 Point

Loc: Gods country

There is only 1 thing that will fix the GOP, actually 2. A large pair of COHONAS. When you play not to lose (which is exactly what Romney did after the 1st debate) you usually wind up loseing. They should have stuck with Akin in Mo. but were afraid.They will most likely cave to Obama on the Fiscal Cliff issue.They'll start peeling off 1by 1. I'm done withem till they prove to me they will stand together and fight for what they supposedly believe in.

#3054431 - 11/29/12 06:00 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: citico_tim]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
 Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains

Dale and Tennessee have it right, IMO. Think about what the GOP establishment have offered us over the past 20 years. George "Read My Lips" Bush, Bob Dole, George Jr. (who happens to be the best they've offered which speaks volumes,) John McCain and now Mitt "The Moderate" Romney. They seem to think that if they offer someone who won't offend the very people who won't vote for them anyway, they'll win. And although Bush Jr. won, he barely did.

In the mid 1990's I trusted the Repubs and supported them heavily when they won the House and Senate, running as conservatives. That lasted until George Jr. started getting all nice with the dems, about $10 trillion dollars ago, and before the dems took control of congress in 2006. It is clear to anyone who knows the history that as soon as the Repubs go soft, they get their butts handed to them. Romney and the establishment went soft in this election. Didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, gotta be politcally correct.

Again, look back at 2010 and who was it that gave the Repubs the House and almost the Senate? TRUE CONSERVATIVES. Now they want to blame us for Romney's loss.

I will never vote for a Republican again, unless they are a fire breathing, bona fide conservatives willing to bar nothing, no rules, street fight the dems. And right now the only ones that can be trusted to do that are the Tea Party Repubs. If it means dems get to run this country into the ground, so be it. Because establishment Repubs don't have what it takes to stop them anyway.

They are now presented with a fight over the "Fiscal Cliff" and once again they are waffling. They are playing into the hands of the dems, and the media.

It is Deja Vu all over again, and the repubs falling for it, again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vnUv7y4U2T0

You got it, its slapping everyone in the face, and we keep trying to come up wth excusses, other than what it is.
George Jr. wouldnt have won if he hadnt of been up against dull, boring, no personality, dead man walking Al Gore, the libs Bob Dole!
McCain would have lost by even more, if it hadnt of been for Palin, and those clueless chumps of the GOP, blamed her, for him losing!THEY ARE CLUELESS and DESTROYING the GOP!
They kept pulling her back in, when they should have turned her lose!
We need a REAL conservative, dont have t be a extream conservative, who wasnt born with a silver spoon, who a real person people can relate too, who knows how to be a leader, who looks and sounds strong and as Citico Tim put it is a " fire breathing, bona fide conservatives willing to bar nothing, no rules, street fight the dems." in your face,tell it like it is, call it what it is, and not back down!

The Tea Party is the answer,but i think they blew it also though when they wouldnt take a stand and back someone ealry on in the primarys and stick with them. They kept wanting to see how it would shake out, till the GOP elite had destroyed everyone one of them. They never did or would take a firm stand and get behind someone, all the while the GOP elite pushed Romney down our throats from the start. The Tea Party should have done the same with one of the others, and never looked back.

Whats wrong with the GOP are the Carl Roves of the GOP who are wrong and and unable to admit thier wrong,or even worse to clueless to know their wrong, yet thier the ones pulling the strings!
They cant and will NEVER get the votes thier trying to get and in doing so, thier turning thier backs on thier base, and turning them off!
We ran the wrong person, thats it in a nut shell, and is the only reason we lost.

We talk about how dumb the lib's are, well there are ALOT of dumb Pub's also, who let the Carl Roves/GOP elite do thier thinking for them, and control them.

Edited by Dale3 (11/29/12 06:15 AM)

#3054540 - 11/29/12 07:21 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

The establishment pubs are political elites.

Pubs, Dems, doesn't matter. Once they are in office a couple terms they become elites. Sure they bicker over which programs they support but the elites ALL support 1 TYPE of program.....power and money to THEM.

Elites don't honor the rule of law or constitution. They honor power....their power.

Unless the GOP is gutted and filled with constitution supporting people, they are just another big government football team with a different color jersey.

#3054587 - 11/29/12 07:53 AM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

The numbers do not lie. Romney got LESS votes than McCain.

We all know full well that no mater who we get to run that the people that voted for Obama will never vote for anybody we put up so we can write them off.

That leaves what??

The base and the middle voters.

From the counts done so far it looks like the base did NOT all come out and vote. So whose fault is that?? For four years all we talked about was ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!!!! Some of us ever publicly posted that we would rather have had Hillary and I'm one of them, that's how bad we wanted Obama gone.

When it was time to make it count where was everybody????

McCain pulled in more. Was it Palin that that pulled in the extra votes?? If that's true then she had to pull in the CONSERVATIVE VOTES. Now Romney got LESS votes does that mean the CONSERVATIVES STAYED HOME???

How many times have we read on here and other forms about people "holding their noses and voting"?? How many times did we read that people were voting a different way to "send a message"?? If any of this is true then all that talk the last 4 years about "anybody but Obama" was nothing but BS.

Romney was the "wrong" person to put up said the conservatives. Romney was throwing granny off the clff, he caused a woman to die of cancer, he send all the American jobs overseas, he bought up American companys and fired everybody losing American jobs said the liberals. between those two Romney had no chance in hell of winning.

Durning the primaries everybody attacked every single one of the people running. By the time it was over Romney was so far down from the fights that he could never catch up to "blameless and spotless" Obama.

So once again where were all the votes that McCain had, were that many voters dead by then?????? Or did they "send a message by staying home"?????

Oh yea, I've been a dues paying member of the Tea Party since it was first formed and also a dues paying Republican. I have NERVER tried to hide that fact. And I'm NOT a member of the "only ture conservative cult", and neither is MY Senator Rand Paul.

#3055300 - 11/29/12 03:17 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Wildcat]
Dale3
8 Point

I think people thought Obama was so bad, no way he could win, and anyone could beat him. They didnt feel that they needed to go and hold thier noses and pull the lever once again, so they stayed home, thinking it would be taken care of without them.

You had those so called experts telling everyone the polls were wrong and Romney was going to win, which didnt help either. Others didnt care what was at stake, and thought they make a point, staying home or wasting thier vote, without care of what the cost would be.
Anyone could have and should have beat Obama, but when your playing not to lose, instead of playing to win, it aint going to happen without a good lead. All it would have took was someone taking the fight to Obama and calling him out, telling it like it is, not pulling no punches, and making him look like the fool he is.
No it was play nice for fear of being called a racist, dont want to take a chance on upsetting those votes we had no chance of getting, and letting the base and swing voters down by doing so with another weak canidate.
First debate was the ONLY time Romney looked good to the base and swing voters, polls proved it.
after 3rd debate, the base had crawled back in thier hole and and the swing voters, thought why change corse, Romney agreed with Obama on about everything, refused to attack him on issues he should have, slap Obama on the back, and handed him the keys to the whitehouse.
Game over.
It was very clear what, when, how, and why Romney lost this race

#3055452 - 11/29/12 04:49 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Dale3
I think people thought Obama was so bad, no way he could win, and anyone could beat him. They didnt feel that they needed to go and hold thier noses and pull the lever once again, so they stayed home, thinking it would be taken care of without them.

You had those so called experts telling everyone the polls were wrong and Romney was going to win, which didnt help either. Others didnt care what was at stake, and thought they make a point, staying home or wasting thier vote, without care of what the cost would be.
Anyone could have and should have beat Obama, but when your playing not to lose, instead of playing to win, it aint going to happen without a good lead. All it would have took was someone taking the fight to Obama and calling him out, telling it like it is, not pulling no punches, and making him look like the fool he is.
No it was play nice for fear of being called a racist, dont want to take a chance on upsetting those votes we had no chance of getting, and letting the base and swing voters down by doing so with another weak canidate.
First debate was the ONLY time Romney looked good to the base and swing voters, polls proved it.
after 3rd debate, the base had crawled back in thier hole and and the swing voters, thought why change corse, Romney agreed with Obama on about everything, refused to attack him on issues he should have, slap Obama on the back, and handed him the keys to the whitehouse.
Game over.
It was very clear what, when, how, and why Romney lost this race

You just proved my point.

after 3rd debate, the base had crawled back in thier hole

I've been saying along that the conservative base did NOT come out to vote.

Had those voters showed up in certain states instead of their hole Romney would have won.

I cannot help it that Romney choose to play nice but after 4 years of Obama and all the conservatives and especially the "only true conservatives" talking about nothing but how Obama HAD to go, when it counted they "stayed in their holes".

Beleive it or not but I would rather one of 5 certain people on TnDeer run for president and I would back him with everything I have. But they will not run. Not just because they don't have the millions needed but they have to start somewhere like the loacl school board, local office, then on to state office and then national office. We are talking YEARS before any of them would have any kind of chance of running.

Do any of you see anybody that's in office now that we could put up and get behind??? First off would he/she run????? Then according to you all he/she has to get approval from the top members of the party. So far I have not seen that but it could very well happen. it's NOT easy to get someone we all can get behind to run.

#3055571 - 11/29/12 05:56 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: Wildcat]
Dale3
8 Point

I think Allen West, had the fighter in him thats needed, I know he wasnt perfect, dont need to hear this or that, i know what he done, but he truely had the fighter in him, proved it when he did what he beleave was right for his men, no matter the cost. He always told it like it is, and didnt sugar coat nothing.

BUT, to LAte the GOP elite saw and knew this also, and made sure they got rid of him ahead of time!
All more proof he was one of the few we had.

#3055591 - 11/29/12 06:07 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: fishboy1]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
The establishment pubs are political elites.

Pubs, Dems, doesn't matter. Once they are in office a couple terms they become elites. Sure they bicker over which programs they support but the elites ALL support 1 TYPE of program.....power and money to THEM.

Elites don't honor the rule of law or constitution. They honor power....their power.

Unless the GOP is gutted and filled with constitution supporting people, they are just another big government football team with a different color jersey.

Finally. We have a winner....

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3066657 - 12/06/12 06:01 PM Re: Fixing the GOP [Re: chunkandwind]
OHVATN
4 Point

Interesting perspective - neo-con led GOP is dying; liberty movement is the savior. Not sure I buy it, but intrigued by the thesis.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-06/guest-post-gop-dying-because-liberty-movement-thriving

Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (catman529, Bradleyb, Lincoln Co Archer, 8kler, gobblegrunt, flyguytn, 9 invisible) and 158 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96146 Topics
1125840 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.06 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.