Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Setterman
 Originally Posted By: Dawson
 Originally Posted By: BSK
I have hunted GA, KY, and here in TN so far where there should have been rut activity in all while I was in the woods and every one seemed to be behind. It is hard to say with 100% certainty that it is with only getting a snap shot view, but everything and everyone I interact with thinks it is 3-4 weeks behind for some reason. Strange dang year.

Strange. Everyone I've been talking to has been remarking on the early and extremely active rut they have experienced this year in TN and KY.

Well obviously we are speaking to different people. Big difference in the areas we are probably referring to as well.

Yup. Just look at the posts on this Forum. Some are talking about the best year in many years, with a great rut, and others are talking about how they aren't seeing anything.

No shortage of seeing or killing with me or those who I know, just different than anything I have seen. I killed my personal best 2 weeks ago and he was feeding on acorns, he exhibited zero of the usual traits found on bucks this time of year.
2 weeks isn't relative to rutting activity. Most of the time the window of opportunity is only a matter of days. Sounds like you killed one in his regular routine, not a rutting pattern.

Oh boy, now I know why I just read more than post anymore. I don't have the temperament to interact with the masses.

You must think you are speaking to someone who is in their first or second year chasing these things. Just a side note, but the buck scored just north of 165" gross/green and is the 4th deer over 130" I have taken this year alone. In other words, not my first time in the woods, and most certainly not the first time targeting or dealing with mature bucks.

Enjoy the rest of your season, time for me to slink on back off into the woods and let you boys enjoy the interwebz.
Sounds like the most perfect and safest thing for you to do. Don't go killing too many more bucks or the game wardens may come checking on ya!

Edited by Dawson (11/21/12 10:17 PM)

#3044659 - 11/22/12 08:33 AM Re: Late rut? Or invisible rut? [Re: ]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

I have hunted GA, KY, and here in TN so far where there should have been rut activity in all while I was in the woods and every one seemed to be behind. It is hard to say with 100% certainty that it is with only getting a snap shot view, but everything and everyone I interact with thinks it is 3-4 weeks behind for some reason. Strange dang year.

Strange. Everyone I've been talking to has been remarking on the early and extremely active rut they have experienced this year in TN and KY.

Well obviously we are speaking to different people. Big difference in the areas we are probably referring to as well.

Yup. Just look at the posts on this Forum. Some are talking about the best year in many years, with a great rut, and others are talking about how they aren't seeing anything.

No shortage of seeing or killing with me or those who I know, just different than anything I have seen. I killed my personal best 2 weeks ago and he was feeding on acorns, he exhibited zero of the usual traits found on bucks this time of year.
2 weeks isn't relative to rutting activity. Most of the time the window of opportunity is only a matter of days. Sounds like you killed one in his regular routine, not a rutting pattern.

Oh boy, now I know why I just read more than post anymore. I don't have the temperament to interact with the masses.

You must think you are speaking to someone who is in their first or second year chasing these things. Just a side note, but the buck scored just north of 165" gross/green and is the 4th deer over 130" I have taken this year alone. In other words, not my first time in the woods, and most certainly not the first time targeting or dealing with mature bucks.

Enjoy the rest of your season, time for me to slink on back off into the woods and let you boys enjoy the interwebz.
Sounds like the most perfect and safest thing for you to do. Don't go killing too many more bucks or the game wardens may come checking on ya!

Such a foolish and uneducated statement, maybe a little reading comprehension would serve you well. Mentioning me and poaching in the same sentence is laughable at best.

Not all of us are relegated to hunting within 30 minutes of where we live.

#3044755 - 11/22/12 09:50 AM Re: Late rut? Or invisible rut? [Re: Setterman]
Lawrence
8 Point

Loc: MT. Juliet Tennessee

Yep he is back

LOL

BOOM

#3044992 - 11/22/12 02:34 PM Re: Late rut? Or invisible rut? [Re: Lawrence]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

On one of my places in Montgomery co peak breeding appeared to be around the end of the first week in November. I was on stand that Thursday with chasing all around me all day. Fawns were still with does. Then on Friday and Saturday still some chasing but this time does we're alone and fawns were wondering around by themselves. My hunting partners stand is about 200 yards away up on the ridge and he saw no chasing at all those three days. Thursday was the most exiting hunt I have ever been on and he didn't see much at all only 200 yards away.
#3045387 - 11/22/12 09:38 PM Re: Late rut? Or invisible rut? [Re: arctic_cat]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

here in smith county,been out hard every morning i've seen tons of does and no bucks and one day i seen one spike so i took him out,but he came to grunt tube,but as he approached it was more of a curious approach rather than a dominant acting one,and the does ive seen none appeared to be in estrus yet,
#3045521 - 11/23/12 05:47 AM Re: Late rut? Or invisible rut? [Re: BSK]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK[/quote

I have a hard time explaining the very active early rutting activity I've seen region wide, such as the extremely high number of scrapes bucks have been making this year. Extremely active scraping this year...

AMEN...I have never counted so many and so early to boot.

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
lovetohunt96, Csfraley, Big Dc, JaxTN870, IDOT
13410 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (gladeshunter, DaveB, MUP, mossyhorns300, Lady's man, AllOutdoors, 9 invisible) and 174 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13410 Members
42 Forums
96561 Topics
1130683 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.552 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.