Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3040622 - 11/19/12 02:29 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: JeepKuntry]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

content Online
Nice deer man headed up to Illinois in about a week and a half. And to the people saying crap about his cull buck lay off he obviously knows what he doing.

#3040627 - 11/19/12 02:34 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: Tomahawk]
RAFI
10 Point

Loc: Tn

Originally Posted By: Tomahawk
Cull buck...yes. Bow hunter...yes. Was not allowed to use bow during gun only in Illinois. On my farm here in Illinois this is definitely a cull. If I was allowed to use my bow then that's what I would have used. The gun only tag allows for an extra buck to be taken, this is the reason i bought the gun only tag. This is not a big deer for here but I had no questions I was going to take him when he came out.

ok u think taking that buck makes the other bucks bigger?lol lol lol how many does do you think he could breed anyway? nice deer btw but culling it wont matter

#3040727 - 11/19/12 03:49 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: RAFI]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

That buck "might" get to breed one or two does but the doe that had him will put out a dozen+ fawns in her life with that genetic makeup if she lives. So unless you kill the doe that's responsible for his genetics you haven't accomplished anything.

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3040745 - 11/19/12 04:04 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: RAFI]
Tomahawk
6 Point

Loc: east & west tn

Originally Posted By: RAFI
Cull buck...yes. Bow hunter...yes. Was not allowed to use bow during gun only in Illinois. On my farm here in Illinois this is definitely a cull. If I was allowed to use my bow then that's what I would have used. The gun only tag allows for an extra buck to be taken, this is the reason i bought the gun only tag. This is not a big deer for here but I had no questions I was going to take him when he came out.

ok u think taking that buck makes the other bucks bigger?lol lol lol how many does do you think he could breed anyway? nice deer btw but culling it wont matter
Never said anything about it making other bucks bigger, don't know how you came to that conclusion. I took him out because of the odd antler shape. I really like the buck and am glad I got him, win win for me. So lol lol lol all you want. Thanks for the attempt at a congrats, seemed a little contrived.
Also this deer was aged at 4.5, totally surprised me because I thought he was going to be younger based off body size. Either way I wanted him gone and I got him out and couldn't be happier.

#3040751 - 11/19/12 04:12 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: deerhunter10]
Tomahawk
6 Point

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
Nice deer man headed up to Illinois in about a week and a half. And to the people saying crap about his cull buck lay off he obviously knows what he doing.
Thanks man. I'm not worried about these other guys, they seem to just be bitter about their selections of bucks. Some I respect as good hunters but most are just wannabes.
You should have a good hunt when you get up to Illinois, there is still good action happening and hopefully you will score on a good buck, good luck to you!

#3040756 - 11/19/12 04:15 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: Hollar Hunter]
Tomahawk
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Hollar Hunter
That buck "might" get to breed one or two does but the doe that had him will put out a dozen+ fawns in her life with that genetic makeup if she lives. So unless you kill the doe that's responsible for his genetics you haven't accomplished anything.
True, I agree to a point. I take as many does as I can but will never know the ones that are spreading the bad genes. Either way, I have a blast trying to get em.

#3040765 - 11/19/12 04:23 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: Tomahawk]
RAFI
10 Point

Loc: Tn

Originally Posted By: RAFI

Never said anything about it making other bucks bigger, don't know how you came to that conclusion. I took him out because of the odd antler shape. I really like the buck and am glad I got him, win win for me. So lol lol lol all you want. Thanks for the attempt at a congrats, seemed a little contrived.
Also this deer was aged at 4.5, totally surprised me because I thought he was going to be younger based off body size. Either way I wanted him gone and I got him out and couldn't be happier.

didnt you call it a cull deer ?lol you tried to act like you were doing the deer herd good just joking with with btw

Edited by RAFI (11/19/12 04:26 PM)

#3040768 - 11/19/12 04:24 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: RAFI]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

content Online
Man i hope so i appreciate it

#3040797 - 11/19/12 04:49 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Congrats Tomahawk. Very nice buck!

I think the responses you are getting is due to your use of the word "cull" for such a fine animal. When the word is used as a noun, a common definition for "cull" is: something rejected especially as being inferior or worthless. I can't imagine that buck being considered either.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3040901 - 11/19/12 06:05 PM Re: Culler 9 point [Re: BSK]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Probably the reason for the flack you sre tsking is you are on a Tennessee deer forum. Am sure you would find an Illinois deer forum would not be so harsh. Compare it to a couple of millionaires complaining about car troubles with their Mercedes around a bunch of regular folks at the local "Buy here, Pay here" car lot.
Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
153 registered (deerhunter10, REM7, TN1BUCK, eastTN270, Wrangler95, Sea-ark, 12 invisible) and 233 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96132 Topics
1125610 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.072 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.