Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3037063 - 11/16/12 08:31 PM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Hunter 257W]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
"Ignorante people really have no clue that the world is bigger than the little bubble they live in! Thoughts?"

This works both ways. Deer hunters sometimes think all the adjacent land owners should walk on egg shells while deer season is underway so as to not disturb the deer. That's a bit unrealistic in my opinion. Yeah, I keep my dog penned during deer season because she would ruin my hunting by following me everywhere but I certainly don't expect every neighbor to go to the trouble to keep their dogs tied for months just because I want to chase a deer. And there is no way I would even consider shooting a dog for running through the woods chasing a deer.

I don't think it's being unrealistic at all.... If you are going to own a dog, it's your responsibility to look after it... keep it on your own property by whatever means.

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3037202 - 11/16/12 11:09 PM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
GoldenEagle09
4 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN/New Port Richey,...

If the neighbor would refuse to get their dog, if the dog was mean, and it ran off deer multiple times then SSS would be the verdict. But heck, like someone else said if it was a nice job I might just take it and give it to a family or a no kill shelter lol. Needs to be taken care of, especially if its on another persons property.
#3037260 - 11/17/12 05:25 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: ImThere]
reloadxx
8 Point

Loc: monore tn

Where i live people are always dropping off dogs on the side of the road and they run deer like crazy if it dont have a collar then its in troubile. Now if it has a collar then i leave it alone for a couple times then i go talk to the dog owner and never had one yet tell me he would not tie it up but if i had to use the 3 sss then i would

Edited by reloadxx (11/17/12 05:28 AM)

#3037291 - 11/17/12 06:27 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: reloadxx]
Swole Neck
4 Point

Loc: TN

I always thought SSS was sh*t, shower, & shave.
#3037306 - 11/17/12 06:50 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Swole Neck]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

In my 55 years of life, I can not remember NOT having dogs. There are pictures of me in diapers with dogs, for those times I can't remember...lol.

Presently I own and love three dogs. These dogs are either in the house or inside a fenced yard....I don't even let them outside the fence while I'm in the front yard.....if they go outside the yard or house, they are leashed.

Often times I hear dog owners say things like.."Well, I'd never chain a dog or put it in a pen, that's just cruel." I beg to differ. It's just being a responsible dog owner. It's not only being responsible for the pet's life but also being responsible and respectful of your neighbors' property.

Back when I was a kid, there were no leash laws. Everyone pretty much let their dogs roam. We knew who every dog belonged to. I remember lots of neighborhood dogs getting hit by cars back then. I lost a few myself.

So, is it more cruel to chain or pen a dog up where it is safe or let it run around and possibly get hit by a vehicle or make a neighbor mad enough to shoot it? The dog has no idea what it is doing is wrong, but you should.

With that question in mind, I see some people that own dogs that live their entire life on a chain in the backyard.....why??

Why own a dog that does not hunt like a german shepherd and simply chain it up out back? I can see if it stays inside at night and only gets chained up when you leave the house, but to chain one up for a lifetime, now that IS cruel, imo.

I'm glad you got this resolved, but next time, don't tell them that you'll shoot it.....I never did...I've taken out my share chasing deer and will do it again.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3037342 - 11/17/12 07:28 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: ImThere]
Elmer
6 Point

Loc: Ft. Campbell/Montgomery co.

Leave the bloody collar in the porch. They'll learn

Mathews Reezen, CVA Wolf, 7mmWSM

#3037549 - 11/17/12 11:19 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Elmer]
Jmacc687
Button

Loc: Franklin, TN

At our farm th only dogs we run into are the ones someone left for dead back in "the middle of nowhere'. Our road tuns through a wma. So its alot of fun for those guys to get all their stuff together just to have a dog screw it up. The other dogs are the ones people drop to run deer off our place back to the wma. Down the road at my buddy's place the meth head neighbors have three dogs that kill the deer and go for your throat if they see you. Told him to shoot him. They wont because they are afraid their cabin will get burned down. The county can't catch them. So what do you do. Sticky situation.
#3039931 - 11/19/12 07:40 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: ]
m411b
6 Point

Loc: .

Last I checked we have leash laws in TN, and if the owner allows their dog to run around off their property it's negligent. We also have a "Dangerous" dogs list here in TN.

You have the right to defend yourself from a viscous dog by means of deadly force. But only after it bites you "One" time due to our "One Bite Law". But if you kill a dog just because it's "Trying" to attack you, you will be at fault.

Get pictures, and video of the dog(s), and do what was done here. They cannot ignore that evidence. Animal Control cannot do anything unless they have that evidence, or catch the dog(s) away from the owners property.

TN actually has very strict dog laws. You just have to find the right person that actually cares to uphold those laws!

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stustnst44_17_101_505.htm

#3039947 - 11/19/12 07:55 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Mudbone]
AlabamaSwamper
12 Point

Loc: Southern Wayne CO and NW Alaba...

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
After a warning, dog gets shot. That dog may decide to chase a kid. Then what? I guess it's just instinct. Or maybe every hunter in tn that has dogs in their woods should go to a wma or the mountains with jarhead, cause its not the dogs fault if they bite somebody or chase deer. To hell with the leash law huh?

WOW! I guess I shouldn't let kids rabbit hunt with us then. My big bad mean beagles might chase one of them next.

http://twitter.com/AlabamaSwamper

#3039982 - 11/19/12 08:14 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: AlabamaSwamper]
m411b
6 Point

Loc: .

Originally Posted By: AlabamaSwamper
 Originally Posted By: Mudbone
After a warning, dog gets shot. That dog may decide to chase a kid. Then what? I guess it's just instinct. Or maybe every hunter in tn that has dogs in their woods should go to a wma or the mountains with jarhead, cause its not the dogs fault if they bite somebody or chase deer. To hell with the leash law huh?

WOW! I guess I shouldn't let kids rabbit hunt with us then. My big bad mean beagles might chase one of them next.

If the "Beagles" are on YOUR property, then you shouldn't have a problem. But if the "Beagles" are on someone elses property, without permission from that landowner, then YOU are breaking the law.
It doesn't matter what type of dog it is. The law is the law, and you have no consideration for other landowners around you.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (JMcB, muzzy76, turf08, kel, shopson, BlountArrow, 7 invisible) and 150 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89271 Topics
1044137 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.228 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.