Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3037549 - 11/17/12 11:19 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Elmer]
Jmacc687
Button

Loc: Franklin, TN

At our farm th only dogs we run into are the ones someone left for dead back in "the middle of nowhere'. Our road tuns through a wma. So its alot of fun for those guys to get all their stuff together just to have a dog screw it up. The other dogs are the ones people drop to run deer off our place back to the wma. Down the road at my buddy's place the meth head neighbors have three dogs that kill the deer and go for your throat if they see you. Told him to shoot him. They wont because they are afraid their cabin will get burned down. The county can't catch them. So what do you do. Sticky situation.
#3039742 - 11/19/12 03:10 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Mudbone]
JARHEAD
4 Point

Loc: Bradley / Polk Co

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
After a warning, dog gets shot. That dog may decide to chase a kid. Then what? I guess it's just instinct. Or maybe every hunter in tn that has dogs in their woods should go to a wma or the mountains with jarhead, cause its not the dogs fault if they bite somebody or chase deer. To hell with the leash law huh?
I didnt know or READ that the dogs was chasing kids or trying to bite someone ? Most dogs dont go from chasing game to kids !!
And no its not the dogs fault !!!!!!
I will take you to the mtns , but you better leave your muck boots behind \:D

#3039931 - 11/19/12 07:40 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: JARHEAD]
m411b
6 Point

Loc: .

Last I checked we have leash laws in TN, and if the owner allows their dog to run around off their property it's negligent. We also have a "Dangerous" dogs list here in TN.

You have the right to defend yourself from a viscous dog by means of deadly force. But only after it bites you "One" time due to our "One Bite Law". But if you kill a dog just because it's "Trying" to attack you, you will be at fault.

Get pictures, and video of the dog(s), and do what was done here. They cannot ignore that evidence. Animal Control cannot do anything unless they have that evidence, or catch the dog(s) away from the owners property.

TN actually has very strict dog laws. You just have to find the right person that actually cares to uphold those laws!

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stustnst44_17_101_505.htm

#3039947 - 11/19/12 07:55 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: Mudbone]
AlabamaSwamper
12 Point

Loc: Southern Wayne CO and NW Alaba...

After a warning, dog gets shot. That dog may decide to chase a kid. Then what? I guess it's just instinct. Or maybe every hunter in tn that has dogs in their woods should go to a wma or the mountains with jarhead, cause its not the dogs fault if they bite somebody or chase deer. To hell with the leash law huh?

WOW! I guess I shouldn't let kids rabbit hunt with us then. My big bad mean beagles might chase one of them next.

http://twitter.com/AlabamaSwamper

#3039982 - 11/19/12 08:14 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: AlabamaSwamper]
m411b
6 Point

Originally Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

WOW! I guess I shouldn't let kids rabbit hunt with us then. My big bad mean beagles might chase one of them next.

If the "Beagles" are on YOUR property, then you shouldn't have a problem. But if the "Beagles" are on someone elses property, without permission from that landowner, then YOU are breaking the law.
It doesn't matter what type of dog it is. The law is the law, and you have no consideration for other landowners around you.

#3040105 - 11/19/12 09:43 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: m411b]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
 Originally Posted By: m411b

If the "Beagles" are on YOUR property, then you shouldn't have a problem. But if the "Beagles" are on someone elses property, without permission from that landowner, then YOU are breaking the law.
It doesn't matter what type of dog it is. The law is the law, and you have no consideration for other landowners around you.

Please link me the law that they are violating if hunting dogs stray off of somebody's property so I can make note of it and be better educated.

I don't think you are correct, so I will let you better educate me.

Edited by scn (11/19/12 09:58 AM)

#3040156 - 11/19/12 10:28 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: scn]
Obsession
4 Point

Loc: Lebanon, Tn

I don't want someones dog on my property anytime of year. But it really doesn't have a chance if I'm in my stand with a weapon. People have no reaspect for what is not theirs. Or it maybe that alot of people think they are entitled. Just look at our country!
#3040364 - 11/19/12 11:58 AM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: scn]
m411b
6 Point

Originally Posted By: scn

Please link me the law that they are violating if hunting dogs stray off of somebody's property so I can make note of it and be better educated.

Last I checked we have leash laws in TN, and if the owner allows their dog to run around off their property it's negligent. We also have a "Dangerous" dogs list here in TN.

You have the right to defend yourself from a viscous dog by means of deadly force. But only after it bites you "One" time due to our "One Bite Law". But if you kill a dog just because it's "Trying" to attack you, you will be at fault.

Get pictures, and video of the dog(s), and do what was done here. They cannot ignore that evidence. Animal Control cannot do anything unless they have that evidence, or catch the dog(s) away from the owners property.

TN actually has very strict dog laws. You just have to find the right person that actually cares to uphold those laws!

Bottom line if your dog goes onto someone elses land without permission. You are breaking the law.

http://www.mcgtn.org/sites/default/files/animal-control/Animal_Control_Regulations.pdf

This link is Montgomery Co. Animal Control's site. But it cites TN code. Scroll down to confinement, and at large.
http://www.mcgtn.org/animal-control/regulations

Edited by m411b (11/19/12 12:04 PM)

#3040410 - 11/19/12 12:17 PM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: m411b]
scn
14 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: scn

Bottom line if your dog goes onto someone elses land without permission. You are breaking the law.

http://www.mcgtn.org/sites/default/files/animal-control/Animal_Control_Regulations.pdf

This link is Montgomery Co. Animal Control's site. But it cites TN code. Scroll down to confinement, and at large.
http://www.mcgtn.org/animal-control/regulations

State law supercedes any county ordinance. When it specifically says that dogs on a hunt are exempt from the leash laws, etc., it is pretty doubtful that those ordinances will hold up in court for a hunting animal.

Please link me to a state statute that supports your position. I still think you are wrong in your statement.

Edited by scn (11/19/12 12:32 PM)

#3040419 - 11/19/12 12:22 PM Re: Why can't you tie up your dogs? [Re: scn]
scn
14 Point

content Online
TCA 44-8-408:

(c) It is an exception to the application of this section that:

(1) The dog was on a hunt or chase;

(2) The dog was on the way to or from a hunt or chase;

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (Rubberduck270, paradis1142, AndyW, Farm manager, LIL JOKER, backwoods7, 12 invisible) and 149 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85143 Topics
1028894 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.247 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.