Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3035923 - 11/16/12 07:51 AM Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected?
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

Am I the only one bothered by this man's hypocrisy? I'm not saying I'd have voted for the other candidate either, but can we recall this vote?

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/15...partner=popular

#3035928 - 11/16/12 07:55 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

It is likely he will have to step down - seeing as he was reelected, the pubs will appoint another pub to replace him.

I am sitting within sight of the hospital he worked at right now - from what I'm hearing...he's probably gonna be disciplined by the board of doctors (whatever it's called) from the state and could lose his license.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3035934 - 11/16/12 07:58 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: TennesseeRains]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Not good. Funny though, this hypocricy thing. Only applies to Republicans.

#3035943 - 11/16/12 08:04 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

x2

#3035968 - 11/16/12 08:18 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

If he was a dem, this would be none of our business and bringing it up would be a war on women's rights.

Why are democrats divorces always sealed and off limits but a rep is is an open book
??

#3036093 - 11/16/12 09:09 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

I figured the dems would recruit him to their side since he loves killing babies.

#3036098 - 11/16/12 09:10 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
ChippewaPartners
10 Point

Loc: Pamelot, my farm near Catoosa

U sure this cat wasn't a 4-star in a previous life?

He seems to have the proper credentials.........

#3036141 - 11/16/12 09:35 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson

x2

X3

#3036223 - 11/16/12 10:31 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: BMan]
woodchuckc
8 Point

Loc: Hickman County, TN

He was my Congressman before the redistricting for this last election, so I watched his voting record for his first term pretty closely. The really sad thing (or I should say one of the really sad things) is that he pretty much had the kind of record that we, as fiscal conservatives and Constitutionalists, are looking for in our Representatives. As has been revealed, his personal life runs counter to most everything I believe in however. Hopefully he will have a strong, conservative opponent in the primaries in 2014 that people can get behind if he does not step down before the next election. I don't have any say in it anymore since Marsha Blackburn is my Representative now.

His being held up for public scrutiny and hopefully being held accountable is a good thing, but it is unfortunate that the Democrats are generally not held to the same standards.

#3042280 - 11/20/12 02:30 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
guthooked
4 Point

Fellas, he's running on a pro-life, pro-family platform. If it were a gay democratic pro-choice senator, you're right. It wouldn't be hypocrisy.

Ironically, he didn't do anything illegal in spite of what young and free implied.

If he didn't run against the things he's done it wouldn't be hypocrisy.

We could probably find somebody who runs against gun rights and secretly has a gun. That would also be hypocrisy...

Instead of being disgusted by his hypocrisy, it looks as though several of you would rather overlook it since he's the conservative candidate...

#3042474 - 11/20/12 05:20 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I have said this before.

I would vote for a Chimpanzee from the planet Zaragon if he pledged to uphold the constitution with every vote and backed it up.

It appears that Dj's personal life was quite the mess 10+/- years ago. Perhaps he learned from his mistakes and is a changed man?

The reason why a persons history is important is that it is an indicator of future behavior. It APPEARS that DJ's current behavior is quite different from his past behavior.

I can only hope he has learned from his mistakes, grown as a person, and will continue to lead a better life....but that isn't really my business. What IS my business is his voting record and his FUTURE voting inclinations.

#3042687 - 11/20/12 07:23 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Hypocrisy is doing one thing *while* saying another.

I think it's a stretch to call it hypocrisy when he DID (or said) something ten years ago and does/says something different NOW.

More importantly - has his voting reflected what the claimed when he ran? So far, it seems so.

#3043319 - 11/21/12 08:34 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: -DRM-]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

Dj's political mistake was that he should've said he did it, regrets it and now has set out to change his ways. But he called the accusers liars. Now, he looks like a complete politician.

#3043415 - 11/21/12 09:39 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: guthooked
Am I the only one bothered by this man's hypocrisy?

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/15...partner=popular

No, his behavior was already condemned by some on here during the campaign.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthre...rue#Post2976561

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3043695 - 11/21/12 01:26 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: de novo]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

While I do not support any actions he did in the past. I think it is very comical that the same people who are trying to smear him are the same people who supported the dem's. Like one who can not practice law because of perjury while in office.

I think he should account for his transgressions to the people he wronged and God. As far as the job he is doing in office that is what I want to know now on if he can stay in office.

#3043719 - 11/21/12 01:53 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: waynesworld]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
While I do not support any actions he did in the past. I think it is very comical that the same people who are trying to smear him are the same people who supported the dem's. Like one who can not practice law because of perjury while in office.

I think he should account for his transgressions to the people he wronged and God. As far as the job he is doing in office that is what I want to know now on if he can stay in office.

It's not a smear. We are taking his political stance and comparing it to his personal life based on court records. Not innuendo or heresay but sworn testimony. The problem is total hypocrisy. You portray yourself in your commercials as a pro-family, anti-abortion politician and your life directly contradicts this. He has no moral compass and has possible psychiatric problems. The most important thing to him is him. He is the type of politician to turn on his constituents and "his principles" in a heartbeat if it would benefit himself. It's not rational to scream about one politician's personal trangressions while defending another based solely on party affiliation. That makes one no better than a Clinton supporter.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3043733 - 11/21/12 02:11 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: de novo]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

As far as I'm concerned, he has no business being in politics and he certainly doesn't have my support. He blew that privilege years ago by being a schmuck. It's great that he's decided not to be a male slut anymore, but my hope would be that there are more deserving, better leaders than him in the district that could and would carry the conservative flag just as well and not have the embarrassing, unethical baggage that Dejerlais has. Republicans who support him are no better than Clinton supporters or Marion Barry supporters, in my opinion. If Dejerlais is the best Republican candidate the district has to offer then is a pretty sad and pathetic district.

#3043800 - 11/21/12 03:03 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
So , from what I gather from a few, we are to judge people by their actions 10-15 years earlier?

Odd how that works.

Barry Soetoro can run around with Anti American Communists, admit he sold drugs and snorted cocaine, attend a racist church for 20 years, and STILL support those radical viewpoints, and it is a moot point....but someone who claims to be a conservative is found to have a less than stellar past, and we never give him a chance to do ANYTHING?

Seriously?

Yes, we are to judge America's leaders by their past and present actions. Obama should have been judged the same, but for whatever reason a majority of the American people like him and Bill Clinton.

Again - if Scott Desjarlais is the best Republican Congressional candidate and leader that the 4th District of Tenneessee has to offer, then the 4th District of Tennessee is pretty pathetic.

#3043944 - 11/21/12 05:15 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
guthooked
4 Point

You said if he were a democrat he could run a prostitution ring and sell drugs out his house... Both illegal activities...

#3043955 - 11/21/12 05:26 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: guthooked
You said if he were a democrat he could run a prostitution ring and sell drugs out his house... Both illegal activities...

this is in reference to barney Frank in the 1980's. Except it was a gay prostitution ring.

#3044596 - 11/22/12 07:54 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
guthooked
4 Point

Up to date? First of all, that was in the 80's. Secondly I don't care about a masshole... which is what barney frank is. Barney Frank is irrelevant to me. Massachusetts is something we have no control over....

We're talking about a rep of Tennessee who has now acknowledged... "sexual relationships with multiple women, including two patients, three co-workers and a drug company representative while he was chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper." and two abortions with his WIFE at the time.

That's what I find troubling. These are things he ran against. Kind of like Larry Craig trying to expel BF and then getting caught soliciting... also hyprocrisy.

I'll give you that BF is a slimeball. But I'm still troubled the SD is our current hypocritical rep.

#3044925 - 11/22/12 12:56 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Just wondering - those voicing discontent, did you actually vote for or support him before you knew these things? My guess is - no.

#3044973 - 11/22/12 02:19 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: -DRM-]
guthooked
4 Point

I'm not in his district. I did vote republican if that's what you're asking.

#3045305 - 11/22/12 08:36 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Ok so if I ran for office and stated I am agenst legilizing MJ and am for family values, which both are true. But my past was not so family valued and I have rolled a few. All that are in court records some place. now as far as a better consertitive I am sure there are better ones but not sure any want the job. But I could not vote for a dem exp the close makeup of the congres and how the party is all fallowing the idiots on top.
#3045679 - 11/23/12 08:35 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
guthooked
4 Point

If he was recalled now, how would getting a replacement work?

#3045937 - 11/23/12 01:47 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

DeJarlais isn't going anywhere. He will serve his term and if unopposed in a primary he will beat the democrat, again. Why? It is one thing to have made mistakes and regret it. It is something else to be a member of a party that actively promotes and finances abortion and infanticide with no regrets whatsoever. Actually, given his philandering DeJarlais might make a viable democrat candidate for president.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3048530 - 11/25/12 06:41 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

content Online
How many men in the u.s. have not had sex with multiple women?
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3048586 - 11/25/12 07:03 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Rockhound]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

Originally Posted By: Rockhound

After they were already married?

#3048666 - 11/25/12 07:33 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Koyodiak]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak

And the women were their patients?

#3049113 - 11/26/12 06:28 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Koyodiak]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak

By force?

Oh, that's right, Clinton's off limits.

#3049225 - 11/26/12 08:01 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: BMan]
waynesworld
8 Point

So how many of you people that think he should not be in office are running for some type of office? If you think you are a better candidate then run or find one that will run and support him. Why is it we these ideals on people that run for office that they have to have a spotless record.

Yes in politics we have to pick the best we have available but that was imposed by us as we had to have a king to rule us and we keep making the same mistakes from the beginning.

#3054464 - 11/29/12 06:38 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: waynesworld]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

In two years - I feel Weston Wamp will beat Dejarlais in the 4th district primary, then win the general election.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3055139 - 11/29/12 01:25 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Happy Birthday Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

If he was a dem, this would be none of our business and bringing it up would be a war on women's rights.

Why are democrats divorces always sealed and off limits but a rep is is an open book
??

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
I figured the dems would recruit him to their side since he loves killing babies.

YEP

#3056185 - 11/30/12 04:57 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: ]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
 Originally Posted By: youngandfree
 Originally Posted By: citico_tim
DeJarlais isn't going anywhere. He will serve his term and if unopposed in a primary he will beat the democrat, again. Why? It is one thing to have made mistakes and regret it. It is something else to be a member of a party that actively promotes and finances abortion and infanticide with no regrets whatsoever. Actually, given his philandering DeJarlais might make a viable democrat candidate for president.

Well said!

x 1000!

Oh, and to answer the original intent of this thread, it's b/c there was an even bigger clown holding the office at the time.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3056280 - 11/30/12 06:55 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Locksley]
de novo
10 Point

He's scheduled to be on the radio with Ralph Bristol this am. If I wasn't in a deer stand I would be listening.

#3056358 - 11/30/12 07:55 AM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: de novo]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Originally Posted By: de novo
He's scheduled to be on the radio with Ralph Bristol this am. If I wasn't in a deer stand I would be listening.

Yep.... 99.7 fm on right now...

#3059787 - 12/02/12 04:45 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
guthooked
4 Point

How was he?

#3059856 - 12/02/12 05:23 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: guthooked]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Well to be honest.... and not really knowing him personally.... His answers and explanations were not real truthful sounding at times... kinda like he was only giving what little of an answer would get him to the nest question. He seemed to skirt the direct questions.... which the whole interview was just more of the same sounding answers.... and not very believable.

#3059884 - 12/02/12 05:37 PM Re: Dejerlais- How did this clown get reelected? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
waynesworld
8 Point

Well he better be carefull on what he says about any past. But it would be nice to her his ideas on how we will fix our spending problem
Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (peleejosh, Rubberduck270, TRIGGER, LB FANATIC, EastTNHunter, Mudbone, 14 invisible) and 137 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94126 Topics
1099822 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.25 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.