Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3033771 - 11/14/12 10:19 PM Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress
sgtwebb1
16 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

All I can say is that I feel the profound need to apologize to a few on this forum who I disagreed with regarding Ron Paul during the Presidential primaries.
I still don't agree with Paul on everything, but I must admit, I probably agree with about 98% of what he had to say in his farewell address to Congress.

48 minutes of profound oratory, the likes of which I have heard but a few times in my 50 years on this earth.

Read the transcript. It's nothing short of brilliant.

Ron Paul's speech

Honestly, in retrospect, I want to change my vote............. \:\(

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3033781 - 11/14/12 10:30 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: sgtwebb1]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

That was the man to begin to turn this country around, but the establishment didnt want it.

#3033814 - 11/15/12 12:27 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: smstone22]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

He gets it. While I don't agree with everything, I do with most. Seeking Personal power has ruined America.

#3033942 - 11/15/12 06:43 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: SilverFox]
stick1
Spike

Loc: e tn

I agree with some of his ideas and beliefs, but still glad to see him go.
#3033957 - 11/15/12 07:02 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: stick1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

From his speech:

Excessive government has created such a mess it prompts many questions:

Why are sick people who use medical marijuana put in prison?
Why does the federal government restrict the drinking of raw milk?
Why can’t Americans manufacturer rope and other products from hemp?
Why are Americans not allowed to use gold and silver as legal tender as mandated by the Constitution?
Why is Germany concerned enough to consider repatriating their gold held by the FED for her in New York? Is it that the trust in the U.S. and dollar supremacy beginning to wane?
Why do our political leaders believe it’s unnecessary to thoroughly audit our own gold?
Why can’t Americans decide which type of light bulbs they can buy?
Why is the TSA permitted to abuse the rights of any American traveling by air?
Why should there be mandatory sentences – even up to life for crimes without victims – as our drug laws require?
Why have we allowed the federal government to regulate commodes in our homes?
Why is it political suicide for anyone to criticize AIPAC ?
Why haven’t we given up on the drug war since it’s an obvious failure and violates the people’s rights? Has nobody noticed that the authorities can’t even keep drugs out of the prisons? How can making our entire society a prison solve the problem?
Why do we sacrifice so much getting needlessly involved in border disputes and civil strife around the world and ignore the root cause of the most deadly border in the world-the one between Mexico and the US?
Why does Congress willingly give up its prerogatives to the Executive Branch?
Why does changing the party in power never change policy? Could it be that the views of both parties are essentially the same?
Why did the big banks, the large corporations, and foreign banks and foreign central banks get bailed out in 2008 and the middle class lost their jobs and their homes?
Why do so many in the government and the federal officials believe that creating money out of thin air creates wealth?
Why do so many accept the deeply flawed principle that government bureaucrats and politicians can protect us from ourselves without totally destroying the principle of liberty?
Why can’t people understand that war always destroys wealth and liberty?
Why is there so little concern for the Executive Order that gives the President authority to establish a “kill list,” including American citizens, of those targeted for assassination?
Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong.
Why is it is claimed that if people won’t or can’t take care of their own needs, that people in government can do it for them?
Why did we ever give the government a safe haven for initiating violence against the people?
Why do some members defend free markets, but not civil liberties?
Why do some members defend civil liberties but not free markets? Aren’t they the same?
Why don’t more defend both economic liberty and personal liberty?
Why are there not more individuals who seek to intellectually influence others to bring about positive changes than those who seek power to force others to obey their commands?
Why does the use of religion to support a social gospel and preemptive wars, both of which requires authoritarians to use violence, or the threat of violence, go unchallenged? Aggression and forced redistribution of wealth has nothing to do with the teachings of the world great religions.
Why do we allow the government and the Federal Reserve to disseminate false information dealing with both economic and foreign policy?
Why is democracy held in such high esteem when it’s the enemy of the minority and makes all rights relative to the dictates of the majority?
Why should anyone be surprised that Congress has no credibility, since there’s such a disconnect between what politicians say and what they do?
Is there any explanation for all the deception, the unhappiness, the fear of the future, the loss of confidence in our leaders, the distrust, the anger and frustration? Yes there is, and there’s a way to reverse these attitudes. The negative perceptions are logical and a consequence of bad policies bringing about our problems. Identification of the problems and recognizing the cause allow the proper changes to come easy.

#3034009 - 11/15/12 07:43 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

These are all good questions.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3034043 - 11/15/12 08:11 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Poser]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Domestically, I agree with him more than I disagree with him—about 90%. Foreign policy and his global view is what myself and many, many other have a problem with—I 98% disagree with his non-domestic policies and views because it is exponentially more dangerous and naive than the baffoon we have "leading" this country now. He did get the needle moving and caused some to become involved in the discussion and for that I'm grateful—otherwise, I'm glad he is getting out of way.
#3034044 - 11/15/12 08:11 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: sgtwebb1]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
All I can say is that I feel the profound need to apologize to a few on this forum who I disagreed with regarding Ron Paul during the Presidential primaries.
I still don't agree with Paul on everything, but I must admit, I probably agree with about 98% of what he had to say in his farewell address to Congress.

48 minutes of profound oratory, the likes of which I have heard but a few times in my 50 years on this earth.

Read the transcript. It's nothing short of brilliant.

Ron Paul's speech

Honestly, in retrospect, I want to change my vote............. \:\(

If you liked that one, he has a 1999 speech predicting a large terrorist attack in the US because of our foreign policies AND he has a 2003 speech predicting the financial crisis of 2008.

Not everyone can support a politician with principles, intelligence, and tells you exactly how it is without pandering. It would be hard for a true conservative to actually read his own words and listen to his speeches and not support the liberty movement. However, someone content to use the media and republican establishment spin on his ideas will have no problem criticizing what he stands for.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3034062 - 11/15/12 08:22 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: de novo]
BirdDog123
4 Point

Loc: Tennesssee, US

I feel the same way as you Webb.. I didn't agree on a few things (looking back were minor) with Ron Paul so I didn't vote for him. My buddy was a delegate for him in Alabama.. It took me a while to realize it but Ron Paul was one of the few, if not the only, politician who truly had his own ideas about how to improve our country. He was truly free, unlike all of these others who are controlled by corporations and large interest groups.
#3034142 - 11/15/12 08:54 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: BirdDog123]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Fiscally he's dead on. Foreign policy is very liberal (blaming us for 9-11) and isolationism will NOT work now. The toothpaste is out of the tube.

I'd take him over Alexander or Corker ANY day.

At any rate- Godspeed Mr. Paul. You are one of only a few patriots that are/have served the country over the last two decades.

#3034409 - 11/15/12 10:37 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

I voted for him in the Primary...oh well.

#3034511 - 11/15/12 11:24 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

Love it.

#3034537 - 11/15/12 11:40 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
Fiscally he's dead on. Foreign policy is very liberal (blaming us for 9-11) and isolationism will NOT work now. The toothpaste is out of the tube.

I'd take him over Alexander or Corker ANY day.

At any rate- Godspeed Mr. Paul. You are one of only a few patriots that are/have served the country over the last two decades.

Yep, I agree.

#3034745 - 11/15/12 01:33 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: ]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
He didn't blame us for 9-11...he blamed a foreign policy centered around creating conflicts/wars for profit....which is 100% true.

I'm sure being an infidel, Christian, Capitalist and all the previous 1000's of years of conflict PRIOR to the US even existing had nothing to do with it.

It's was all about our Foreign policy.

#3034801 - 11/15/12 01:57 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Crappie Luck]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Alot of it is about our foreign policy, not all but alot sure is. Its easy to see when you visit these countries and think about it. Most can understand an invasion to overthrow a dictator. What most cant understand is an occupation and a systematic approach that tries to change their way of thinking that has been established for thousands of years. We create more terrorists nearly every day as the wars drag on. A boy that was 10 when we invaded is now 20, he has had 50,000 pound vehicles rolling by his home at all hours of the night and day for a decade nearly. He has been delayed hours by patrols and convoys. He has likely been awaken in the middle of the night by soldiers tearing through his house. He may have even had innocent family members killed by air strikes, stray bullets, not paying attention and running up on a traffic control point, etc. They eventually grow tired of all of this, just like we would resist another country coming here and trying to change us. It is so much more complex than just they are Muslims and want to kill infidels, so so much more complex than that. We have furthered the military industrial complex so much so that having conflicts is encouraged because so many Americans get filthy rich off of it. If you think that this problem is much more simpler than this, I would encourage you to really research the problem, even take a vacation to Iraq or Afghanistan and come back and see if you still feel the same. If you think this is a liberal position, you are wrong.

#3034831 - 11/15/12 02:17 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: ]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

#3034868 - 11/15/12 02:35 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
He didn't blame us for 9-11...he blamed a foreign policy centered around creating conflicts/wars for profit....which is 100% true.

I'm sure being an infidel, Christian, Capitalist and all the previous 1000's of years of conflict PRIOR to the US even existing had nothing to do with it.

Dead on CL x2. They have hated us before we ever came to be, for the very reasons you stated, nothing else.
Ron Paul sounded great, as long as he didnt bring up FP.
Hope him the best

#3035281 - 11/15/12 07:07 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
BowGirl
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Thank you Ron Paul. You always stood for what a political figure was supposed to stand for. A true conservative, incorruptible. I will miss you calling out the looters and your unending wisdom. I wont forget.
#3035294 - 11/15/12 07:14 PM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Dale3]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Dale3
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

Dead on CL x2. They have hated us before we ever came to be, for the very reasons you stated, nothing else.
Ron Paul sounded great, as long as he didnt bring up FP.
Hope him the best

I think it is a combination of Steven and Crappie. The radicals hate us for being infidels, and they number in the MILLIONS, and all the others hate us for our Military Industrial Complex.

I have always said it, we should have assassinated Saddam and nuked Afghanistan. We could have been in and out in under 2 weeks and sent a message to all of the America haters: Attack us on our soil and we will destroy you; men, women, and children.

And I can guarantee you if our country was occupied by a foreign army I would be sniping them on a daily basis.

#3035794 - 11/16/12 05:51 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: BowGirl]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

if we were Muslims, they wouldnt care what our foreign policy was. Its just another reason(not the reason) and excuss for them.

Sorry, but i'll take Allen West side on it. He knows them and has study them about as well as anyone i have ever heard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGQmCZjJ0k

Newt on history and debating and given the GOP eleite the finger and knowing how to get things done.
Ron Paul on Conservatism
Allen West on foreign policy and muslims.

So if we had President RonNewty West,we have someothing.

If nothing else he be some kind of ugly. Ron pauls face, with newts hair and west teeth gap and skin color

Edited by Dale3 (11/16/12 06:16 AM)

#3035876 - 11/16/12 07:16 AM Re: Ron Paul's farewell address to Congress [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

I agree. While I agreed with him on 90% of what he says it was his ideas on foregin policy and the "only true conservative cult" that killed him for me.

Want more proof it's a cult? Watch them now go follow his son Ryan Paul hoping to creat a dynasty. Rayn Paul is MY US Senator from Kentucky, I voted for him, supported him with time and money and will keep supporting him unless he changes on certain things.. I've met and talked with him at several fund raiser dinners in Western Kentucky over the last few years and he is NOT the same man his father is. While he did support his father they do not see eye to eye on certain things. But watch, the "only true conservatives" will over look this and say Ron's views did match Rayns views and hope people forget.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (JoshDosMil) and 40 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.