Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3031686 - 11/13/12 04:48 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: BlountArrow]
AlabamaSwamper
12 Point

Loc: Southern Wayne CO and NW Alaba...

A lot of guys I hunt with change clothes at the truck and keep their clothes in scent tight containers or bags. Sometimes, I'm in jeans. Sometimes, I'm in camo sweat/fleece pants and a shirt. Never will I have my hunting clothes on unless the pics are where the deer lays, which is rare with us. Normally we do pics at home or at the cabin.

http://twitter.com/AlabamaSwamper

#3031806 - 11/13/12 06:10 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: cecil30-30]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
What do these folks do?? Kill the deer, take it home and then change cloths to take their pic with it? Seems silly to me,but its just an observation i've made also. Not bashing anyone for doing it,its you and your deer do what you want.

We do actually change clothes, but not for a "better" or "cleaner" photo-op. We don't carry cameras with us when we hunt, so after a deer is killed, everyone goes back to camp, changes out of their hunting clothes and into their "OK to get bloody" clothes, and goes and gets the deer. Getting a downed deer is a group effort in our camp. All part of the tradition. And we don't field-dress deer. All deer are brought back to camp whole for weighing, and then gutted at the cleaning station. Most pictures are taken at camp, but we're trying to take more "at the scene" pictures of late. I like the "at the scene" pictures best, as that is part of the memory.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3031850 - 11/13/12 06:26 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Very cheap tripod makes "at the scene" pics very easy. I keep one behind the seat of the truck. If it is a picture I think I am going to use in a magazine, I usually put on clean clothes before taking pictures. This is especially true if I am hunting in shorts and T shirt.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3031956 - 11/13/12 07:09 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: BlountArrow]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

do you poke hornet's nests with sticks too?

#3031988 - 11/13/12 07:25 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: 185PY]
Harvester
8 Point

Loc: Morgan County

content Online
 Originally Posted By: 185PY
 Originally Posted By: harvester
I wear my camo only up the tree, I carry it in on my stand. It keeps if from getting it all stunk up from sweating. .

What do you do with your sweaty jeans and sweatshirt once you get to your stand?

Bad choice of words in my original post about sweating, I try not to get sweaty if at all possible.

By not wearing a lot of clothes to the stand, I rarely ever break into a sweat and if I start to get too warm walking in, I stop a cool off some. I try to refrain from sweating if at all possible while walking in.

Edited by harvester (11/13/12 07:33 PM)

#3031989 - 11/13/12 07:25 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: guthooked]
Savage
8 Point

Loc: Crossville, TN

It's a really hot and sweaty job getting deer out, so I strip to the bare minimum, generally what is my bottom layer- jeans and a T shirt

#3032019 - 11/13/12 07:39 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: woodsman87]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

#3032113 - 11/13/12 08:27 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: BSK]
landman
8 Point

Loc: TN & Western KY

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
What do these folks do?? Kill the deer, take it home and then change cloths to take their pic with it? Seems silly to me,but its just an observation i've made also. Not bashing anyone for doing it,its you and your deer do what you want.

We do actually change clothes, but not for a "better" or "cleaner" photo-op. We don't carry cameras with us when we hunt, so after a deer is killed, everyone goes back to camp, changes out of their hunting clothes and into their "OK to get bloody" clothes, and goes and gets the deer. Getting a downed deer is a group effort in our camp. All part of the tradition. And we don't field-dress deer. All deer are brought back to camp whole for weighing, and then gutted at the cleaning station. Most pictures are taken at camp, but we're trying to take more "at the scene" pictures of late. I like the "at the scene" pictures best, as that is part of the memory.

BSK
wasn't there a picture of you wearing a corduroy blazer with one of your bucks in an old QDMA Mag about a story of your hunting tract? Very GQ

http://www.JimmySettleLand.com

#3032119 - 11/13/12 08:30 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: landman]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: landman
BSK
wasn't there a picture of you wearing a corduroy blazer with one of your bucks in an old QDMA Mag about a story of your hunting tract? Very GQ

HA! Wait until you see the picture where I'm wearing the latest tuxedo straight of the New York fashion runway. ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3033690 - 11/14/12 08:54 PM Re: Pictures of people with the big deer they shoot? [Re: BSK]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Loc: tennessee

just had checked this deer in at ft Campbell..notice my cloths piled up in the back..I never wear my camo until I get to my spot and always take it off after..I even have my tennis shoes on...

Edited by LIL JOKER (11/14/12 08:56 PM)

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (hitek7, BamaProud, monsterbuck07, Snake, Bowhunter23, pastorbmp, 1 invisible) and 47 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91630 Topics
1070961 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.085 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.