Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3030891 - 11/13/12 08:30 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: MidTennFisher]
The_Utility_Dude
8 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

If you want to "clean up" the voting process to exclude most of the knuckleheads that probably shouldn't be voting anyway,I think I have a simple solution:

In order to vote in a federal election you must be able to answer one two simple questions. "Name the three branches of the Federal Government" & "Name the two members of the United States Senate that represent your State".

It's a win win situation. Nobody gets offended and you eliminate most of the uneducated voters. ;):P

#3030980 - 11/13/12 09:16 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: The_Utility_Dude]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

How about you must have a job 6 months prior to election, be approved by the IRS you paid taxes the previous year.... and are 30 years old...

The age thing you say.... well too many young adults are influenced by media, parents, friends, and online social sites.... by 30, hopefully they are responsible for their own life and have an idea how things really work in reality.

#3031014 - 11/13/12 09:34 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

I still like the 20-30 question quiz on each candidate's policies. Again, saying I shouldn't be able to vote because I took student loans is absurd.

#3031015 - 11/13/12 09:35 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

How about you can only vote if you are white, over 30, and promise to vote Republican. Then maybe we can turn this thing around. (that was sarcasm)

Not being allowed to vote because of student loans? What?! 30 years old? So you are going to allow kids to fight for their country, but not vote?

#3031047 - 11/13/12 09:55 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
So you are going to allow kids to fight for their country, but not vote?

I would allow an exception in the age under military service....

When you have kids voting what do they really know and how familiar are they really with how things are supposed to be governed?

Most are too busy texting, partying, living their life on FaceBook, or whatever. Look at how the voting went this past election.... you think all the madness ended with the "adults" voting? No I would say the kids will or did vote the same way because of their lifestyle and whatever was easier or promised to them for their vote.

You think atmosphere with the crap being taught/forced in schools in the recent years is giving them a real "informed" and unbiased understanding of how America was founded and supposed to be for the "people"?

So why should the informed (minority) suffer because we are outnumbered by the stupid/lazy/selfish (majority).... does that sould like a "free" society?

I don't know everything about politics or government for that matter..... but stupid crap like the outcome of this past election showing how the majority of this country has been pimped out just really pisses me off and why at times I could care less about politics.... I will take care of me and mine and to he11 with everything else.

I am sick and tired of the (D) & (R) crap..... I am not labeled for either "side"..... People need to remove their thinking end from their stinking end and get things done... quit the bickering and finger pointing and make it happen. We as a nation are suffering a slow death.... I will not be shackled or chained... will die a free man if that is what it comes to.

#3031072 - 11/13/12 10:12 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
I am sick and tired of the (D) & (R) crap..... I am not labeled for either "side"..... People need to remove their thinking end from their stinking end and get things done... quit the bickering and finger pointing and make it happen

Truer words have never been scribed in this forum.

I don't think taking rights away from kids, which is essentially what you are doing, is the right call. Instead make that battle at the educational level to get the 'crap out of the schools' as you call it.

I think the younger generation just doesn't trust the 'old white guy' anymore. When Ryan was added to the ticket, there was a fresh sense of optimism that didn't exist in the race up until then.

I think one thing a lot of people misunderstand is that not all of the younger voters are ignorant to the issues. They understand the issues a lot more than you think they do, they just believe that there is another way.

#3031109 - 11/13/12 10:26 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: DntBrnDPig]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Most everyone is on the right track. Our current problems are based on everyone voting. This was never the design of the republic and we were warned repeatedly about the dangers (Evils) of a democracy.

To me disallowing those with federal student loans to vote is no more radical than allowing those on welfare, Section 8, foodstamps, etc. to vote. We have reports of the mentally ill being loaded up in vans to vote. We're trying to push for felons to have their voting rights restored due to racism, etc.

IMO, voting rights should be restricted not expanded.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3031169 - 11/13/12 10:57 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: de novo]
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

Could not agree more! I believe you must pay taxes whether you receive any goverment money or not. I receive FASFA funding to attend college. We need a revamping of our election system and we need to fix the electoral college. States like Texas, California and New York have to many electoral votes to go to the same party every year. I really don't know what we can do to fix it but it needs to be fixed
#3031178 - 11/13/12 11:02 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: de novo]
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

Originally Posted By: de novo
Most everyone is on the right track. Our current problems are based on everyone voting. This was never the design of the republic and we were warned repeatedly about the dangers (Evils) of a democracy.

To me disallowing those with federal student loans to vote is no more radical than allowing those on welfare, Section 8, foodstamps, etc. to vote. We have reports of the mentally ill being loaded up in vans to vote. We're trying to push for felons to have their voting rights restored due to racism, etc.

IMO, voting rights should be restricted not expanded.

Remember the movie the Patriot with Mel Gibson when he said why should I trade 1 tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. Well boys we have 3,000 tyrants

#3031240 - 11/13/12 11:45 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Beardendy88]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: Beardendy88

Remember the movie the Patriot with Mel Gibson when he said why should I trade 1 tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. Well boys we have 3,000 tyrants

“They call me a brainless Tory; but tell me, my young friend, which is better—to be ruled by one tyrant three thousand miles away, or by three thousand tyrants not a mile away?”

- Mather Byles, Sr while watching the funeral procession of Crispus Attucks in March 1770.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (vanleerbuckbuster, pse2, Daniel Willoughby, SX3Mike, Cowman71, rsimms) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.