Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3030628 - 11/13/12 06:28 AM Empty on November 7th
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Empty On Nov. 7

I am a small business owner. I employ 120 people up from 80 during the deepest part of the recession of 2009-2010. We had employed as many as 110 in 2008 prior to the recession. We had weathered the recession pretty well and had been enthusiastic about our prospects this year and were planning for growth. The debacle of the last four years would be over soon and we could look towards faster growth, higher wages, and continued success. Until Wednesday.

As a business owner, I know I cannot spend twice as much as I take in and last long. That is the simple reason why I had supported Mitt Romney. Why the majority of the country thinks we can go down the deficit path of the last four years is beyond me.

At its core, the United States is a business. The largest employer in the world. The largest consumer of goods and services. The chief executive needs to know how business works. Obama doesn't.

I must have been living in a bubble. I really thought this would be a clear victory for Romney. I was fine with not winning the senate although I'm pretty sure someone like Elizabeth Warren or Clare McCaskill could not win in Tennessee. I accepted the Democratic majority in the senate as maybe a way for bipartisanship to re-emerge to confront the fiscal cliff.

After a long campaign, I am left empty. The President seems like a nice guy but he doesn't know how or when to negotiate. He's proven he can campaign better than anyone by splitting the country into groups and pitting us against each other. Today, I do not feel like an American. I feel like an out of touch white guy with no hope for change and no good view of the future.

I know I will recover. I'm going to feel better over time but for now I have lost confidence in the American people. I feel no compassion anymore for those having a tough time. They bought into hope and change seemingly not realizing that all politicians should be considered with skepticism. They are almost always guilty of promising too much.

China is coming. The Muslim Brotherhood is coming. The debt ceiling is coming. A nuclear armed Iran is coming. Higher taxes are coming. Restricted access to healthcare is coming. Higher fuel costs are coming. A middle east war is coming. Inflation is coming. America is going.

All I really wanted from our government was optimism. I knew I would get that from a President Romney. I have never gotten that from Obama. He would always imply in his remarks that if you were in business, you were obviously taking more than you were giving back. He would say things like "we support our job creating small businesses but want them to pay their fair share." There was always a tag line to the politically correct support statement.

We all know there is $2 trillion sitting in bank accounts of businesses nationwide. There is another $2 trillion sitting in bank accounts outside our country waiting to come back in to be invested rebuilding our country.

Waiting on optimism. I could feel it, taste it in conversations with my customers, conversations with my friends, and from the punditry I now find was a lie.

Tuesday my thoughts were, Romney wins! The country is happy, inspired. Businesses are encouraged. Banks start to lend again, responsibly. Growth is on everyone's mind, a better job, more customers, a better future. Our enemies would once again see the American dream building and realize their time was over. Until Wednesday.

As I sit here and struggle to see a bright tomorrow, I wonder who is happy. Are most Obama supporters thinking "we showed those rich guys who's boss?" Are they thinking that he just needed a little more time to figure out how to run a country? Would someone please tell me because Tuesday I was looking forward. Today I am thinking about the next four years. With certainty, I know it will be worse than the last four. I loved this country, until Wednesday.

Hank McMahon

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/11/12/238426/Empty-On-Nov.-7.aspx
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3030658 - 11/13/12 06:44 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: TennesseeRains]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

The OBAMA supporters do not think they just vote for who gives them the most stuff and who is black like them, and who will give them abortions and birth control pills.

#3030695 - 11/13/12 07:04 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: Locksley]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I compare o supporters to those little spoiled kids. That no matter what they can afford go to there weak parent that can not say no to them and keep asking for more. No matter if that boat, game, cell phone and everything else is putting them in a bigger debt that is running the family into bankruptcy. The democratic party is the parent who can not say no. The republican party use to be able to say no but after years of being the bad guy they are a little jealous of the dems getting to hand out the candy all the time. That is were the Bushes came in. Now I know for all you bush lovers that w came in at a tough time with the wars that he did not ask for but if we see that we will have to go to war we have to pay for it and should have started reducing spending. We also should have fixed the housing problem before it popped everyone knew about it but wanted to ride the high it was just the democrats that were smarted to get out of the office before the bubble burst.
#3030825 - 11/13/12 07:57 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: waynesworld]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Excellent opinion and well written. I agree.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3030898 - 11/13/12 08:35 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: TennesseeRains]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

With certainty, I know it will be worse than the last four. I loved this country, until Wednesday.

No truer words have been said.

#3030968 - 11/13/12 09:11 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: Wildcat]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Mr McMahon absolutely nailed it.

#3031600 - 11/13/12 03:53 PM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: Wildcat]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
With certainty, I know it will be worse than the last four. I loved this country, until Wednesday.

x2

#3032750 - 11/14/12 09:54 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

I still love this country. I just despise those who will destroy it.

It IS a sad, frustrating feeling. It just occurred to me that perhaps this is how God feels when we fail Him. He still loves us, even when we do stupid, (self-)destructive things. He just despises the sin. Right?

#3032866 - 11/14/12 10:55 AM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: Greg .]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Good point Greg.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3033175 - 11/14/12 01:48 PM Re: Empty on November 7th [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Irony is when the country finally got to the point where Michelle Obama could be proud of it then a huge portion of Americans no longer are.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AirCav!, five by five, Nolsgym, HeaterEngineer, truebowman
13303 Registered Users
Who's Online
119 registered (dt-34715, mossyoakmantn, dewclaw, Deer Assassin, 280longshot, muddyboots, 9 invisible) and 163 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13303 Members
42 Forums
93941 Topics
1097236 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.148 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.