Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3029685 - 11/12/12 02:16 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: BMan]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Imagine just for a moment......

If we took the direct conflict of interest out of voting.

Not indirect stuff like roads.... but direct...cash to hand.

People on welfare would NOT be able to vote for people who will buy their allegiance with money taken from others.

Corporate crooks would not be able to vote for people who will buy their allegiance with tax dollars and contracts.

IF voting was a priority among people, then they would choose to work in the private sector.

As soon as the private sector regained its voice, sensible limits would be placed on the Federal Government and it would start to shrink.

Many of the Federal Government functions would be privatized and those government workers absorbed into the private sector.

Instead of viewing the Fed Govt as a giant pinata of cash that could be busted open by voting..... People would start to weigh the cost of freebies....

Government backed student loans would become less popular and the private sector would start pushing private loans.....

Welfare reforms would be possible once the people receiving the goodies were NOT the ones voting for a lifetime of ever increasing benefits.

Social Security and Medi/care/caid could finally be reformed backwards into the last resort safety net it was supposed to be.

The point is to change the way people think about government money. Right now, people think it is FREE federal money, if it cost you your vote, people might think twice before jumping on the gravy train.

#3029723 - 11/12/12 02:30 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: BMan]
JN
4 Point

Loc: Northeast TN

This whole post burns me up. To say I shouldnt have the right to vote because of the student loans I had. Also had scholarships as well so I guess they count too. I also work for a construction company who has several contracts with the state of TN to do construction projects on schools. I have busted my butt to get where I am today and to pay off my loans because I dont want to owe anybody anything and to say I shouldnt vote because of my ties with the government is just ridiculous.
#3029733 - 11/12/12 02:35 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: fishboy1]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

So you're saying someone should pick and choose which Government services make a person ineligible to vote? Because as I mentioned earlier, if you drive on paved roads you use a Government service and according to your argument, you can't vote because of that.

There are so many things wrong with your statement that because I receive student loans I shouldn't be able to vote.

How about a test that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of each candidate's policy before being allowed to vote? When you go to the booth, you should have a 20-30 question test and if you can't pass with a 90% or better, you can't vote. This way we don't get people like the Obamaphone lady and millions like her voting for Obama and having no idea of the consequences of their vote.

#3029819 - 11/12/12 03:21 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: MidTennFisher]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

ya i guess if you get eic or child credit you should not be able to vote, Or if you own a company that gets any credits. I would bet you could find some form of conflect with all the voters. The different welfare programs are so ingrained in socicity now people do not even realize they are on welfare.
#3029943 - 11/12/12 04:36 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Beardendy88]
HuntingandHarleys
6 Point

Loc: woodbury TN

Should anyone listed on this link be able to vote??

http://farm.ewg.org/search.php?fips=00000®ionname=UnitedStatesFarmSubsidySummary

#3030033 - 11/12/12 05:36 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: HuntingandHarleys]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

The Union should be dissolved. The Union has been illegal since 1865.
#3030034 - 11/12/12 05:36 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: HuntingandHarleys]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
1860 my friends, 1860.

#3030114 - 11/12/12 06:13 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Awesome. This thread points out how easily you can get someones brain to shut down via emotion.

My wife has student loans. We have made the deliberate decision to make the absolute minimum payments on that loan. IF voter eligibility came into play, it would change our priorities.

Perhaps we would just pay them off. Perhaps we would roll them into something else. Perhaps we would start hammering them hard with extra $$ each month.

The point is that we would THINK about those Government loans differently. Instead of being "cheap" money at 2.4% they would have a much higher perceived cost if it cost her voting privileges.

The end goal is to get the Feds OUT OF OUR LIVES, not punish people. That is going to require incentives, and yes... sacrifice and some pain.

The idea that any frosted turd the government puts out is something we should all revel in needs to change.

Student loans are the next big housing crisis/bubble but that isn't the source of the problem.

Its the perception that the government can offer perks/benefits and freebies at no cost to you, regardless of what form they take. It costs us plenty. The costs are financed with 101398942 easy payments at 400% interest and our freedom.

#3030116 - 11/12/12 06:15 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
NBF7240
8 Point

Loc: Tn

Fyi

The roads we drive on, the people own.

Everything the govt pays for is either borrowed or derived from the people.

Facebook Collins Farm Beef

#3030847 - 11/13/12 08:08 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: NBF7240]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

I agree with fishboy.
If you receive any Government assistance; welfare, student loans, etc. then you should not be allowed to vote until you have it paid off and you stop receiving assistance for 12 months.

I don't think you can disallow the vote of someone who is simply working for the government.
They do, for the most part, provide some sort of service for their paycheck.

Anyway it will never happen because the 47+% are the ones who vote for Obama and the dems as to keep their checks rolling in and maybe get more assistance.

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
106 registered (7mminatree, UTGrad, Wrangler95, Gravey, Encore Eye Candy, Timber Ghost, 17 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92943 Topics
1086111 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.13 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.