Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3029187 - 11/12/12 10:07 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Crappie Luck]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

The whole point Crappie, is to make the average Citizen as dependent on Government as possible. In that, they are having marvelous success.

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3029217 - 11/12/12 10:21 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: worriedman]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

No argument from me on that point

#3029285 - 11/12/12 11:05 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Crappie Luck]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/elec...tion-to-secede/
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3029317 - 11/12/12 11:34 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: TennesseeRains]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

If the petitions get 25,000 votes that means the White House will "respond" and we all know what the response is going to be. No. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see that America is fired up but I don't believe for a second that this administration is going to let states secede. That's not what they want, they want us all under their Marxist control and they're not going to stop until they have it.
#3029375 - 11/12/12 12:06 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: MidTennFisher]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Originally Posted By: MidTennFisher
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1
 Originally Posted By: MidTennFisher
I think One simple change would "FIX" what is wrong with America.

If you have received funds from the Federal government in the past 24 months you are ineligible to vote. Employment, loans, welfare....

So because I receive student loans to finish up college I wouldn't be allowed to vote? I'm not going for some B.S. major either like womens studies or art history, I'm studying electrical engineering. Having to have a photo ID to vote would help. Isn't it amazing how Obama lost every state that has voter ID laws? It's time to face the facts here, it's over for this country. Roughly 50% of this country was ready and willing to re-elect a Communist and they succeeded. We're not America anymore, not what great men fought and died for. We've been rolled by a community organizer Marxist and it's disgusting. We'll survive but things are going to be very different going forward (no pun intended). Save your money, I can't stress it enough. Save your money, and buy ammo.

Yes.. If you receive student loans there is a direct conflict of interest. No vote.

Government should NOT be in the student loan business.
College degrees were worth something when they were hard to get.

That's ridiculous. I'm as Conservative as everyone else in here and I see nothing wrong with taking out student loans for degrees that will result in me actually helping this country. Liberal Arts, Ethnic Studies, Art History, etc. yes...complete waste of time and money. Some college degrees are certainly still worth something and electrical engineering is one of them. It's still very hard to earn, regardless of student loans.

Nothing ridiculous about it. While you are getting $$$ from the government you should not get to vote for people who will exchange MORE government $$$ for your vote. It is a clear and direct conflict of interest. As soon as you have your Government loan paid off, your voting rights are restored.

As soon as you leave government "service" and take a private sector job, your voting rights are restored.

People gripe about congress voting themselves benefits and pay raises..... The only difference is the scale.

#3029455 - 11/12/12 12:42 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: fishboy1]
LSUtigers
8 Point

Loc: East TN

Fishboy I have to agree!!
#3029535 - 11/12/12 01:13 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: LSUtigers]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Well I took a year off of school to work an internship... by your astounding logic if only the election were last year instead of this year I would have been able to vote huh? There is nothing in the Constitution about not having a right to vote if you're receiving some sort of Government service so your argument is beyond ridiculous. Do you drive on paved roads? Government service. Do you fish and/or hunt on TWRA managed property? Government service. Have you ever called the police or benefit from them protecting us? Guess what? Government service. None of you would be able to vote then. You said only when I take a private sector job I should be able to vote. I guess this excludes all military, policemen, firefighters, city workers, etc from voting. What you're saying is beyond ridiculous. I take out student loans to finish college with a REAL degree that I will use to provide for myself and my future family for the rest of our lives. I vote Conservative. I always have and always will.
#3029551 - 11/12/12 01:18 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: fishboy1]
Outdoor Enthusiast
6 Point

Loc: Carthage, TN

As soon as you leave government "service" and take a private sector job, your voting rights are restored.

Are you also implying that anyone working for the government, directly or indirectly, should not receive a vote?

If so, then not only does someone who is indebted to the government lose their vote, but also anyone who sells their skills, products, services, etc to a government assisted program.

Take for instance the following example: a self-employed building contractor was recently awarded a contract to perform a scope of work for a federal government entity. Does this small business owner also lose the right to vote due to a conflict of interest?

I understand that your point was in regards to student loan programs. Just curious of your views and possibly it's just a misinterpretation of a post.

#3029578 - 11/12/12 01:33 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Outdoor Enthusiast]
JN
4 Point

Loc: Northeast TN

With that thought process we should also exclude our veterans and military personal and anyone else working at a veteran's hospital.
#3029603 - 11/12/12 01:39 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: JN]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Only the 'rats try to exclude military votes.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (53caddy, TNTomtaker01, Roost 1, TNLynn, easy45, DANO63, 9 invisible) and 139 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88822 Topics
1039144 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.265 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.