Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3032210 - 11/13/12 09:18 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: guthooked]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: guthooked
I'm disappointed by the secession discussions. It is akin to turning over the game board when one realizes they're losing the game. The tea party mindset propagates this "my way or the highway" attitude. It's as though people can't stand any moderate opinions.

Were we to make a college degree and property ownership essential for voter qualification we would have perhaps the most "fit" voter population, but it wouldn't be democratic. I'm disappointed that we seem to forget that its the tolerance of diverse ideas and protection of personal liberties that make us a great country. I'm as worried about gun rights as the next guy, but frankly there were several ideas that protected more by the democratic party than the republican. I'd love a party that was truly libertarian. They would get my vote...

I'll bet your opinion changes by 2016. The liBerAls have taken over this country and we have re-elected a Marxist. This country is polarized and fundamentally disagree on too many issues that in my opinion cannot be resolved at the ballot box. That boat sailed on November 6th. We are so far from the Constitution we will never get back without bloodshed. A financial collapse could be the trigger. At that point in time I expect states like Texas to take up arms.

Prepare accordingly.

#3032296 - 11/13/12 10:32 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

If the states want to withdraw from the United States then that's true democraty.

If the states were to leave the country that would be the THIRD time it happened.

The first one was when we left Great Britain. The Loyalists that wanted to stay with the mother country said much the same things some people are saying now about the secession discussions. Same thing happened in 1860 when talk about secession came up.

#3032520 - 11/14/12 07:48 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: guthooked]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: guthooked
so you can't see libertarian qualities in both parties platforms? There are. In fact, they're about equally represented. Can you put it together or do I need to spell it out?

Gun rights, less gov. involvement, pro-choice, gay rights, marijuana deregulation, all pretty libertarian ideas.
Pro-life, anti gay rights, push for less separation of church and state, government subsidy, bigger government all pretty anti-libertarian ideas.

Makes it hard to put them in a box eh...? Moderate: in between the extreme views of either parties.

Democratic: what we have inherited. To voice disproval of democracy is allowed only because you're in the democracy. So flaunt it... You're a lesson in irony.

All that to say that I think personal freedoms should reign supreme. So believe what you want, do what you want, and I'll do the same (personal liberties are supreme see?)

Vive la liberte.

You can choose to support abortion and gay rights and call yourself a moderate libertarian if you please. There is nothing libertarian in our current Presidential administration or in the national democratic leadership. They even take your "moderate" examples and twist them into partial birth abortion and gay marrriage.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3032627 - 11/14/12 08:55 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: de novo]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Gay marriage is not a libertarian point of view. Its a far left wing point of view.

The libertarian point of view on gay marriage would be "how dare you stick your nose into my personal and private business? I will keep my personal private business private and you keep your stinking government out of it. "

See how easy it is for the progressives to co-opt almost any group into supporting them simply by saying "we are for your special interest group ! Vote for us and we will grant you special status and perk$ ! "

#3033447 - 11/14/12 05:56 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: MidTennFisher]
Bobcat
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN USA

Originally Posted By: MidTennFisher
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1
 Originally Posted By: MidTennFisher
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1
I think One simple change would "FIX" what is wrong with America.

If you have received funds from the Federal government in the past 24 months you are ineligible to vote. Employment, loans, welfare....

So because I receive student loans to finish up college I wouldn't be allowed to vote? I'm not going for some B.S. major either like womens studies or art history, I'm studying electrical engineering. Having to have a photo ID to vote would help. Isn't it amazing how Obama lost every state that has voter ID laws? It's time to face the facts here, it's over for this country. Roughly 50% of this country was ready and willing to re-elect a Communist and they succeeded. We're not America anymore, not what great men fought and died for. We've been rolled by a community organizer Marxist and it's disgusting. We'll survive but things are going to be very different going forward (no pun intended). Save your money, I can't stress it enough. Save your money, and buy ammo.

Yes.. If you receive student loans there is a direct conflict of interest. No vote.

Government should NOT be in the student loan business.
College degrees were worth something when they were hard to get.

That's ridiculous. I'm as Conservative as everyone else in here and I see nothing wrong with taking out student loans for degrees that will result in me actually helping this country. Liberal Arts, Ethnic Studies, Art History, etc. yes...complete waste of time and money. Some college degrees are certainly still worth something and electrical engineering is one of them. It's still very hard to earn, regardless of student loans.

Being an art major, let me be the first to say, "Piss on you." You may think my area of study is BS, but I think that you, all by yourself, are big steamin' pile of BS.

Carry on.

#3033458 - 11/14/12 06:05 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Bobcat]
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

There is a lot of estrogen floating around here. Bobcat let me be the first to say I commend you for getting a degree no matter what your concentration of studies. I personally am studying radiology so I know how hard some classes can be.
#3033460 - 11/14/12 06:06 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Bobcat]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

See how easily people are derailed from a coherent line of thought?

Ridicule is one of the major weapons in rules for radicals. Once the insults start thought ceases and anger takes over.

Im glad people get riled up over the idea of loosing their voting privileges in exchange for government hand outs. It firmly establishes in their mind that they are under the thumb of the government where they might not have thought of it that way before.

There is no shame in making the best of a bad situation. The government makes rules to benefit certain interest groups. Student loans are SOLD as a benefit to students when they are really a taxpayer funded benefit to the banks and universities.
THAT is who is really coming out ahead.

So IF you are sold on going to university then do a cost benefit analysis of your desired degree. Then run the numbers again taking into consideration the interest on the student loan debt.
Evaluate your REALISTIC expected income and ability to get a job based on your degree. The added income you receive for your degree should be enough to pay off your student loan debt in 5 years or less.

#3033576 - 11/14/12 07:34 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: fishboy1]
Bobcat
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN USA

My post was directed at MidTennFisher and noone else. I got my degree in an area that interested me and I make a comfortable living because of it. For someone to call my degree a waste of time and money ticks me off a little. Sorry to derail the train of thought
#3033615 - 11/14/12 08:04 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Bobcat]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

47 states so far...

Very, VERY interesting times we are living in.

#3034081 - 11/15/12 08:32 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: de novo]
Baxter83
Good ol' Boys
12 Point

Loc: Winchester, TN

Originally Posted By: de novo

To me disallowing those with federal student loans to vote is no more radical than allowing those on welfare, Section 8, foodstamps, etc. to vote. We have reports of the mentally ill being loaded up in vans to vote. We're trying to push for felons to have their voting rights restored due to racism, etc.

IMO, voting rights should be restricted not expanded.

Amen to that!

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13309 Registered Users
Who's Online
130 registered (HenryCohunter, Vermin93, Homebrewer, DntBrnDPig, iowavf, Rubberduck270, 17 invisible) and 159 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13309 Members
42 Forums
93946 Topics
1097383 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.103 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.