Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3027029 - 11/10/12 09:09 PM Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...mpaign=shorturl
#3027429 - 11/11/12 09:47 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: ]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Hey this was tried years ago by better men than us and they were defeated in the end .

#3027465 - 11/11/12 10:20 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: Locksley]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I think it would be a better choice to "opt out" of most federal programs....AND refuse to make the citizens of TN pay the taxes to fund them.

Those that want to keep the Federal Programs are free to move away.

#3027823 - 11/11/12 03:38 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
I have spoken with good friends who are members of the Tennessee legislature about this. It wont ever happen. We will be crushed with import and export taxes.

There are a lot of reasons why this will not happen but all they would do is join the NAFTA \:\) But if the red states were to join together and leave then the other states could not inforce import taxes they would have to trade free with the red states. They would starve. And if some thing like that would start you would see states breaking apart

#3028037 - 11/11/12 05:45 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: waynesworld]
fishboy1
16 Point

I think One simple change would "FIX" what is wrong with America.

If you have received funds from the Federal government in the past 24 months you are ineligible to vote. Employment, loans, welfare....

#3028043 - 11/11/12 05:47 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: waynesworld]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Signed it!

#3028060 - 11/11/12 05:59 PM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: fishboy1]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1

If you have received funds from the Federal government in the past 24 months you are ineligible to vote. Employment, loans, welfare....

So because I receive student loans to finish up college I wouldn't be allowed to vote? I'm not going for some B.S. major either like womens studies or art history, I'm studying electrical engineering. Having to have a photo ID to vote would help. Isn't it amazing how Obama lost every state that has voter ID laws? It's time to face the facts here, it's over for this country. Roughly 50% of this country was ready and willing to re-elect a Communist and they succeeded. We're not America anymore, not what great men fought and died for. We've been rolled by a community organizer Marxist and it's disgusting. We'll survive but things are going to be very different going forward (no pun intended). Save your money, I can't stress it enough. Save your money, and buy ammo.

#3028787 - 11/12/12 06:27 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: MidTennFisher]
fishboy1
16 Point

Originally Posted By: MidTennFisher

So because I receive student loans to finish up college I wouldn't be allowed to vote? I'm not going for some B.S. major either like womens studies or art history, I'm studying electrical engineering. Having to have a photo ID to vote would help. Isn't it amazing how Obama lost every state that has voter ID laws? It's time to face the facts here, it's over for this country. Roughly 50% of this country was ready and willing to re-elect a Communist and they succeeded. We're not America anymore, not what great men fought and died for. We've been rolled by a community organizer Marxist and it's disgusting. We'll survive but things are going to be very different going forward (no pun intended). Save your money, I can't stress it enough. Save your money, and buy ammo.

Yes.. If you receive student loans there is a direct conflict of interest. No vote.

Government should NOT be in the student loan business.
College degrees were worth something when they were hard to get.

#3029172 - 11/12/12 09:51 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: fishboy1]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: MidTennFisher

Yes.. If you receive student loans there is a direct conflict of interest. No vote.

Government should NOT be in the student loan business.
College degrees were worth something when they were hard to get.

That's ridiculous. I'm as Conservative as everyone else in here and I see nothing wrong with taking out student loans for degrees that will result in me actually helping this country. Liberal Arts, Ethnic Studies, Art History, etc. yes...complete waste of time and money. Some college degrees are certainly still worth something and electrical engineering is one of them. It's still very hard to earn, regardless of student loans.

Edited by MidTennFisher (11/12/12 09:52 AM)

#3029178 - 11/12/12 09:56 AM Re: Tennessee Petition to withdraw from United States [Re: MidTennFisher]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The point is, student loans should NOT come from the govt. That's is what banks are for.

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (landman, philburr, wildlifelover, Gravey, slagtown_dfa, 348Winchester, 17 invisible) and 131 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93158 Topics
1088914 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.135 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.