Tndeer Logo

Page 21 of 22 « First<1819202122>
Topic Options
#3025876 - 11/09/12 09:47 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

So what is your experence on conversations with enlisted kids?
I would bet with mine I could not count on both hands the ones that joined and said or talked about the love of country was reason for joining. But I will tell you that collage is not the top reason not even close. I know you may have all the answers But I was a RINC for a med station in OK and put over 100 kids in myself. People say the collage benifit when they are telling there parents that they want to join or the teachers that try to talk them out of it.

But your comment about kids joining the military because they have to for an education was wrong.

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
Thanks for your son's service and families sacrifices. My intention is not to insult your family.

Based on my own experiences and my own conversations with newly enlisted kids about why they joined the Navy, Reserve, Air Force, Army, Marines - the amount of kids who said 'I love my country' can be counted on one hand (maybe even one finger).

If that is true about your sons peers, that's awesome.

#3026045 - 11/10/12 07:03 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I vote Republican. There are really only two viable options right? What good does a vote do for Paul?

I think the reason everyone jumped on me, besides me trolling, is because there is a little bit of life shattering disbelief that everything you hold dear is not a popular opinion anymore. Trumpitis. Wiki page pending.

Plus, someone *cough* said that I wanted the government to pay for my Education and then like flies on stink a bunch more of you latched on to lay little eggs. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It helps me when I talk about politics to my democratic friends and they lay out Republican stereotypes. I see where they come from now. And yes, I have Democratic friends that i have not deleted from my Facebook account because I think differently or they have a different idea about America.

NO thats not why, except in your own mind apprently. Your the one who needs to go back and READ your own post. On school loans you post
"They are lobbying so people, like me, who graduated college don't spend the rest of their life paying off student loan debt"
and you also complain about how much your medical care cost.

Then your very next post about student loans is
"There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go? Good solution. Then we can all work at Walmart and outsource all the technology and science jobs out to other countries"

WE dont know and we cant read your mind, and seeing as how you DIDNT say, your refuring to something you read or saw in the news about 80k loans and not yourself, when you just said before that how YOU and others shouldnt have to pay on laons for the rest of your life
ANYONE like all of us, who read that , would get from it, your talking about free educations or at the very least help paying your loans off and that you had loans for 80k.
Its not till much later you complain about paying your loans of 35k.
Saying EVERYONE cant comprehend, read, blind, ect.... NO you just dont , or didnt articulate very well, or you dont write what your thinking and think we should know what your thinking and ment, and then you slam everyone for not knowing what you were thinking and ment, claim we're not capable of comprehending your writings.

If you read what you wrote, and not thinking and knowing what you did, you have come to the very same conclusions as us.

Like i said before, im not very smart and dont claim to be, but some of these people on here your acussing of lacking the ability to comprehend, are pretty intelligent people, thier not mind readers like you must assume they should be, but there are some with very good intelligents on here.
You misrepersented your thoughts. Worse part you keep telling everyone to read read read, which when we do, we still reach the same conclusions, seeing as how you didnt bother to put in writing what you knew and were thinking.

I'm not a good debater and i know it, you seem to think you are, maybe I'm wrong about that , but that what i get from you. TIP. Good debaters dont name call or try to belittle those thier debating. I might do something like that myself, but like i said i sux at debtaing.

Edited by Dale3 (11/10/12 07:12 AM)

#3026484 - 11/10/12 02:16 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Originally Posted By: Dale3

your very next post about student loans is
"There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go?

ANYONE like all of us, who read that , would get from it, your talking about free educations or at the very least help paying your loans off

This is what you just said. I just cleaned it up to make sure it stood out. By 'middle grounds of paying the rest of your life and affordable education' - you came up with me referring to free education? I'm sorry but yes, apparently it is all in my mind, that in no way that says or infers free education or you paying my bills.

Thinking outside of the box it could mean putting limits on educational loans, low interest loans, could be tax breaks for completing various degrees of education the same way you do for having a kid or buying a house. Money saved could go towards loans.

I'm sorry the $80k comment WAS misleading. I was throwing out a familiar number - I do see how everyone could have thought so. But once I clarified - the confusion should have been cleared up and we could have talked about something constructive like ways to make education affordable and a viable options WITHOUT getting someone to pay their loans. Instead people just seem to want to argue what I did not / did say even after clarification. Even if I was complaining at the cost of Education and Health Care - so what? It's friggin high.

I probably egged it on, so I apologize for that. There is a fight or flight instinct in everyone - I very rarely get the flight even though I should.

#3026545 - 11/10/12 03:07 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Dale3

your very next post about student loans is
"There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go?

ANYONE like all of us, who read that , would get from it, your talking about free educations or at the very least help paying your loans off

This is what you just said. I just cleaned it up to make sure it stood out. By 'middle grounds of paying the rest of your life and affordable education' - you came up with me referring to free education? I'm sorry but yes, apparently it is all in my mind, that in no way that says or infers free education or you paying my bills.

Thinking outside of the box it could mean putting limits on educational loans, low interest loans, could be tax breaks for completing various degrees of education the same way you do for having a kid or buying a house. Money saved could go towards loans.

I'm sorry the $80k comment WAS misleading. I was throwing out a familiar number - I do see how everyone could have thought so. But once I clarified - the confusion should have been cleared up and we could have talked about something constructive like ways to make education affordable and a viable options WITHOUT getting someone to pay their loans. Instead people just seem to want to argue what I did not / did say even after clarification. Even if I was complaining at the cost of Education and Health Care - so what? It's friggin high.

I probably egged it on, so I apologize for that. There is a fight or flight instinct in everyone - I very rarely get the flight even though I should.

There you go again, thinking we should know what your thinking instead of you saying what your thinking. Also I said but you chose not to refer to that part, i said "or at the very least help paying your loans off" Now if you would think outside the box, this could mean many different ways of help on your loans you were speaking of. LOL

Its alright, you just made alot of assumptions that we should know what you knew and were thinking, we could have talked about something constructive like ways to make education affordable and a viable options once you cleared it up , but you were to busy calling everyone crazy and unable to comprehend ect.... for not being mind readers.

PS i KNOW you didnt use the word crazy, so dont go there

Edited by Dale3 (11/10/12 03:21 PM)

#3026571 - 11/10/12 03:49 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Dale, lol.. I have no clue what that means. I think I am at fault for having the assumption people were critical thinkers.

I wish I would have led the thought process more instead of reacting to statements like "so NOW you want US to pay for YOUR loans! Rabble rabble rabble" (which I didn't use that word.. but i thought it :-) ) If the conversation would have went there this wouldn't have been such a colossal waste of time.

I'm done with it anyway.. This thread should be labeled 'Group Think' instead of Political Discussion.

Good luck with the deer season (and the next 4 years).

#3026635 - 11/10/12 04:59 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: farmin68]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
 Originally Posted By: AndyW
Is the Republican party relevant? This was our election to lose; and WE LOST.

When the dung for brains and lazy takers out number the common sense working makers.... it will happen every time.

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
I don't blame the Republicans or Romney. I blame the voters.

We didn't take the senate either. It's not the person, it's the "Outdated" idea of liberty.

Too many people look at Europe and think THAT is what we need here.

Originally Posted By: Kevin B.
The election showed in clear detail the moral decline of this country. It is no longer a country that has God and the Holy Bible as its Standard!!!!! Oh yes...there are still Christians here. There are still God fearing men here. But last nite proved the we are a minority now. Americas now has an immoral majority.
I was looking at Facebook this morning. I discovered that the church that my momma went to before succumbing to Alzhemier's (she is bedfast now, with a feeding tube, here at the house, like she wanted it, with me as her primary caregiver) is pastored by a lady (???) named Helen who is a staunch supporter of Hussein Obama. I also have a sister who is an out-of-the-closet lesbian who also is a staunch supporter of Obama (naturally). The Facebook update said: Helen So and so (pastor of momma's church) and So an so Blankenship (my sister) LIKED a link. It was a Victory link of Obama. I was not surprised about my sisters support of his liberal agenda. But the Pastor of a church??? My own momma's church??? Personally, I share Paul the Apostle's views about who SHOULD and and who SOULD NOT hold positions of leadership in the church. In short: We are drifting away, rapidly, from a Bible-based country. And yes, we WERE a Bible based country at one point.
Look at the old sit coms and weekly series TV shows of he 50's and 60's. Husband and wife weren't even seen in the same bed!!!! Now, you can flip on your TV and instantly see fornication, homosexuality in action, and all manner of avarice goes flooding through your eye-gate and into your head. It is THEN that a decision should be made. Is what I am looking at OKAY? Or is it unacceptable for a God-fearing man to look at it?
I SHOULD say that the remote should be snatched away from its holder and the tube flicked off. But better yet, a small sledge hammer should be used on the screen. Or better yet, tape targets to the screen and haul it to the local range. Use that shiny new Ruger 10-22 on it. But do I do that? No. I'm a freakin hypocrite. But I'll say this much. With God's help, I'm going to start living my life according to what that BOOK says. I refuse to go down with the ship. And I refuse to take that BROAD path which leads to destruction. This is just what I'm feeing today. I hope and pray to God that I can live up to Godly standards.

Originally Posted By: farmin68
Rush just summed it up as well as it can be .... It's hard to beat Santa Claus when a country has so many dependent children voting.

YEA ALL THE ABOVE SUMS IT UP SOMEWHAT. WE ARE NOT THE MAJORITY NOW WE ARE LOST.

#3026918 - 11/10/12 08:10 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Locksley]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

YES! So where can we compromise to get votes back?! It WILL take compromise. What programs are worth keeping?

I loved Romney's statement in the 'Big Bird' debate. With ever decision you gotta ask "is this worth borrowing money from China?".

It's gonna be a hard one to swallow. But if we dont, do you think the majority is going to change their mind?

#3027122 - 11/10/12 11:56 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Tnscooter63
6 Point

Loc: Oakland TN

Compromise isnt the answer...Bring the media to a place where it isnt bias again possibly thru thier sponsers. Maybe a boycott or petition to atleast get thier attention. Emphasize of the good we can and do and not what others perceive as the bad we always do. There is alot we could have done differently including not talking about rape, especially if you cant articulate a sensible sentence. But compromise has always be perceived as weakness to libs and gotten us trashed. And most of all would be to keep working on stopping polls fraud.

Edited by Tnscooter63 (11/10/12 11:57 PM)

#3027205 - 11/11/12 07:29 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Tnscooter63]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

That's definitely an option. But if it doesnt work then there is the risk of 16 years of being out of touch, out dated. Then 16 year of work would be harder to 'un do'. You know what I mean?

Obviously any voting fraud would be horrible. But focusing on it would increase the perception of the Republican Conspiracy Theorists. I know Trump and his Kenyan charge had good intentions but if further separated potential voters, IMO.

#3027294 - 11/11/12 08:15 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Tnscooter63]
Dale3
8 Point

How about instead compromise, a of a middle of the road moderate, we run a conservative on being conservative, who not a stick in the mud, someone who can fire people up, get people excited, make them beleave he can feel thier pain, relate too, for the people who vote on emotion. Someone who a great speaker/preacher, pump up the people, take it to the opponent,call them out kind of leader. Someone who you dont fall asleep while he's talking, but makes you want to hear more.

Compromise is why we are where we are.
Compromise is nothing more than flip flopping.
Compromise is a moderate canidate.
Compromise is what caused, what was it 16-17 millon of the base not to vote in 2008.
Compromise cause even 3 millon less to turn out in 2012.
Compromise is what Romney did in 3rd debate, and when he lost the race.
Compromise is why we cant even get the republican conservative voters to turn out, thier sick and tired of it.
Until you can get your own voting base to turn out and support you, you dont need to be worring about how to compromise to get votes from the other side.
Every time we compromised, by running such a canidate, we've lost. You think we learn.
Everytime the Dem's have won, it's been with a I feel your pain, someone people relate to kind of guy. Heck i even liked Clinton,as sorry as he was. He just has that kind of personality.
Everytime they won, we had a stick in the mud moderate,cause we thought we needed to compromise.
We can get all the votes we need from the other side with someone people can relate too, someone who fires them up, someone who make them beleave he can feel thier pain. Most of them,not all, vote on emotions, not policy. They didnt know or care what they stood for, just how they looked and sounded and made them feel.

Edited by Dale3 (11/11/12 08:42 AM)

Page 21 of 22 « First<1819202122>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PGIC, jmccormick24, emtp, Hozzie, crushing
13529 Registered Users
Who's Online
132 registered (hinshm, JRH, Asaltwpn1, gobblinfool, Team Passintime, Tennessee Lead, 10 invisible) and 229 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13529 Members
42 Forums
99034 Topics
1164128 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.