Tndeer Logo

Page 18 of 22 « First<1617181920>Last »
Topic Options
#3024520 - 11/09/12 08:17 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: TennesseeRains]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Not one path is good for all. I'm 30 years old. Have a house with some acreage, couple cars, family, 2 kids, and a good job. The path I took worked great for me. The only debt I have is the remaining student loan and my house.

I know of lot of people I went to High School with that took the route of getting a job and trying to go to college when they can. They are still in the same job and don't have enough credits to get an Associates. On the flip side my Dad doesn't have a degree and makes more money than I do working on the railroad. But what gives you a better chance in life. A degree or not having one?

Oh and I never once flip flopped anything I said and I stick to it. Go back and READ with those paid off college degrees and experienced business minds you are so proud of.

It's like reading Fox News in here. Is Karl Rove still saying Romney can win Ohio?

#3024929 - 11/09/12 11:40 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
lol, the only thing he taught me is everyone who got an education that came away with no student loan debt (so far in this thread) has trouble reading and comprehending.

I feel like I am saying it over and over and over again.

I haven't once said education should be free or someone should pay for my loans. I said it was EXPENSIVE. Making it UNAVAILABLE for lower income people.

May of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.
Waynesworld is the only one who has made any sense.

That portion I have highlighted above is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin. Let's just say for now that it is evidence of the cultural/generational divide and the entitlement mentality at the root of many of the problems that threaten to bring this nation down around our heads.

#3024930 - 11/09/12 11:42 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
Wildcat. Thanks for the concern, but had you read my post carefully, you would have seen that I said a portion of those van be written off. Seeing as my CPA world for the IRS for 30 years, I would guess she knows what she is doing.

Young I would not use that statement as a fact. Working for the IRS makes no matter on weather they know what they are doing. I have seen where the IRS can not agree with each other on what is deductible. Also you would be amazed on the times the IRS is wrong. Also what they did in the IRS matters on if they even have knowledge of the code. Some agents have never read the code as a lot of tax prepares have not read any of it. Also the CPA behind a name does not mean they understand all the law either. But it does say they have a general knowledge and can memorize some of it. \:\)

#3024956 - 11/09/12 12:00 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: youngandfree

Last year, after 9 months working my new business, I made nearly 6 figures. I didn't pay but $1,280 in taxes.

The tax laws are on the books, for all to learn and use them to your advantage.

Does this $1280 include Social Security and Medicaid or only federal income taxes?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3024965 - 11/09/12 12:06 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

Edited by Encore Eye Candy (11/09/12 12:06 PM)

#3024988 - 11/09/12 12:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
waynesworld
8 Point

When you make a statement on the tax law being clear about anything that shows you do not know the law.

Funny you mention science

Albert Einstein admitted, "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

#3025022 - 11/09/12 12:28 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Ok where are the laws for home based business deductions. I will give you a tip it is not a publication printed by the IRS.
#3025044 - 11/09/12 12:37 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
waynesworld
8 Point

None of that web site has the law in it. It is just someone idea's on what are deductible and what are not. As I stated before it is not as clear as you think. Now you may claim some things that an agent may challenge but you may also not be claiming some things that you could.

All that is not to turn people off of owning there own business as that is a great sealing of being your own boss. But you have to understand that some things are not as clear as you may think. Taxes is one of them and the fact that someone worked for the IRS doesn't mean they know what they are doing as a statement of fact. The person you have may be the best person in the word on taxes I don't know or care. If you are happy with them then that is what matters. As the fact is if you are audited you will be the only one responsible for what is on the paper.

#3025045 - 11/09/12 12:39 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Bambi Buster]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
 Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig

Many of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.

That portion I have highlighted above is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin. Let's just say for now that it is evidence of the cultural/generational divide and the entitlement mentality at the root of many of the problems that threaten to bring this nation down around our heads.

I'll bite. Tie that into entitlement for me.

You cannot tell me that everyone who joins the military did so as their first option in life. A lot of kids sign up because they have no other job prospects and no chance at school. A recruitment officer - many of who are as slick as used car salesmen - convince them to sign up. They sign up to better their lives. If they did it soley for love of God and country you would see more military careers instead 4 and out - they get their benefits and leave.

Serving in the military is an honorable thing. It's a sacrifice. One MOST would not have made if they had other viable options. If you read into that to the point you think I am saying something different - that's your problem.

So please explain to me why it is wrong. In detail. On so many levels. Change my mind on it. I am completely up for being wrong, but 'God and Country' and 'obligation' is not a valid reason.

#3025048 - 11/09/12 12:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Encore Eye Candy

LOL. True story. I was thinking the other day about all these 'young' democratic nations we are trying to spawn and the crooked people taking charge... It's not that different then here.. they just are more polished turds.

Page 18 of 22 « First<1617181920>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
29 registered (keystonecop, stylishblueticks, ewc, philburr, tn droptine, Bowdacious, 4 invisible) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91545 Topics
1070163 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.