Page 18 of 23 « First<1617181920>Last »
Topic Options
#3024390 - 11/09/12 06:51 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
youngandfree
6 Point

Loc: Greene County, Tn.

Originally Posted By: Dale3
 Originally Posted By: youngandfree
I don't have a college degree, yet I make more than my mother who is in the Education field with 2 masters degrees. I am business partners with people who are in their 20's and RETIRED, earning multiple 6 figure range a month.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the President doesn't control your income...YOU DO. Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL YOUR OWN FINANCIAL SITUATION. There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden. I know that for a fact! I look forward to tax season now!

you better be taken care of your mama, or this old man gonna come kick your behind
Just kidding, but i do have a couple of sons who need your help, then i be kicking thier behinds if tyhey didnt take care of thier mama and me LOL

Dale, my mom is taken well care of. She is a member of my business team and makes as much, or a little more each week working part time with me than she does at her regular J.O.B.. \:\)

#3024410 - 11/09/12 07:05 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: youngandfree]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Dale3
I don't have a college degree, yet I make more than my mother who is in the Education field with 2 masters degrees. I am business partners with people who are in their 20's and RETIRED, earning multiple 6 figure range a month.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the President doesn't control your income...YOU DO. Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL YOUR OWN FINANCIAL SITUATION. There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden. I know that for a fact! I look forward to tax season now!

you better be taken care of your mama, or this old man gonna come kick your behind
Just kidding, but i do have a couple of sons who need your help, then i be kicking thier behinds if tyhey didnt take care of thier mama and me LOL

Dale, my mom is taken well care of. She is a member of my business team and makes as much, or a little more each week working part time with me than she does at her regular J.O.B.. \:\)

I was just messing with ya, glad for you and your mother

#3024422 - 11/09/12 07:13 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
youngandfree
6 Point

Thank you sir! We have been blessed.

#3024478 - 11/09/12 07:50 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: youngandfree]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden.

Care to name them sinde you KNOW it for a fact??

Check out the tax advantages for owning a home based business.

EVERY mile you drive working your biz you are paid back 55.5 cents a mile(Actually went up this year). A portion of your house payment, utilities, cell phone bills, etc (based on the size of the office in your house) is a write off. Clothing, food on business trips, meetings, etc is all written off. To name a few.

Last year, after 9 months working my new business, I made nearly 6 figures. I didn't pay but $1,280 in taxes.

The tax laws are on the books, for all to learn and use them to your advantage.

I've been doing that for the last 10 years, my brother has been doing that since 1972, they made changes certain tax laws since then.

What your talking about is "tax WRITE-OFFS" or "LOOPHOLES".

Better check with your CPA again. You can ONLY claim a certain portion on each item you list and not all of it. You can have a 300,000 square foot house and a 200,000 square foot office in that same house and you can only claim a "small" part of that in your taxes.

One thing for sure, if your CPA is doing it wrong it WILL catch up to YOU and YOU pay it all.

#3024498 - 11/09/12 08:02 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
Please. Please. Please. Read.

I feel like I am saying it over and over and over again.

I haven't once said education should be free or someone should pay for my loans. I said it was EXPENSIVE. Making it UNAVAILABLE for lower income people.

You are right, the price of a good education to make our next generation competitive should not take a lifetime to pay off.

I'm not going to bash you - and at this point seeing as you already have the debt, following my advice below is moot...

What I advocate is that anyone who wishes to obtain higher ed - they should work before college in order to save money up for it; then work during college to pay for it. When the money runs out, pull out of school until sufficient funds are available. This takes planning and sacrifice - a couple of things many abhor.

Now, this will force a budget upon the youngling teaching this person a lot more about life than just partying with the college buds. It will also weed out those who really don't have the ability to obtain a college degree; don't have the desire to obtain a college degree; or both.

College education is not for everyone. Just as universal suffrage has forever damaged our political system, trying to get 100% of the populace to be college grads has damaged our higher education system.

Focusing upon tech and vocational schools are another path that I highly advocate
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3024520 - 11/09/12 08:17 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: TennesseeRains]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Not one path is good for all. I'm 30 years old. Have a house with some acreage, couple cars, family, 2 kids, and a good job. The path I took worked great for me. The only debt I have is the remaining student loan and my house.

I know of lot of people I went to High School with that took the route of getting a job and trying to go to college when they can. They are still in the same job and don't have enough credits to get an Associates. On the flip side my Dad doesn't have a degree and makes more money than I do working on the railroad. But what gives you a better chance in life. A degree or not having one?

Oh and I never once flip flopped anything I said and I stick to it. Go back and READ with those paid off college degrees and experienced business minds you are so proud of.

It's like reading Fox News in here. Is Karl Rove still saying Romney can win Ohio?

#3024676 - 11/09/12 09:39 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
youngandfree
6 Point

Wildcat. Thanks for the concern, but had you read my post carefully, you would have seen that I said a portion of those van be written off. Seeing as my CPA world for the IRS for 30 years, I would guess she knows what she is doing.

#3024929 - 11/09/12 11:40 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

lol, the only thing he taught me is everyone who got an education that came away with no student loan debt (so far in this thread) has trouble reading and comprehending.

I feel like I am saying it over and over and over again.

I haven't once said education should be free or someone should pay for my loans. I said it was EXPENSIVE. Making it UNAVAILABLE for lower income people.

May of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.
Waynesworld is the only one who has made any sense.

That portion I have highlighted above is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin. Let's just say for now that it is evidence of the cultural/generational divide and the entitlement mentality at the root of many of the problems that threaten to bring this nation down around our heads.

#3024930 - 11/09/12 11:42 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: youngandfree]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Wildcat. Thanks for the concern, but had you read my post carefully, you would have seen that I said a portion of those van be written off. Seeing as my CPA world for the IRS for 30 years, I would guess she knows what she is doing.

Young I would not use that statement as a fact. Working for the IRS makes no matter on weather they know what they are doing. I have seen where the IRS can not agree with each other on what is deductible. Also you would be amazed on the times the IRS is wrong. Also what they did in the IRS matters on if they even have knowledge of the code. Some agents have never read the code as a lot of tax prepares have not read any of it. Also the CPA behind a name does not mean they understand all the law either. But it does say they have a general knowledge and can memorize some of it. \:\)

#3024956 - 11/09/12 12:00 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: youngandfree]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

content Online

Last year, after 9 months working my new business, I made nearly 6 figures. I didn't pay but $1,280 in taxes.

The tax laws are on the books, for all to learn and use them to your advantage.

Does this $1280 include Social Security and Medicaid or only federal income taxes?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Page 18 of 23 « First<1617181920>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
83 registered (beachguy, BamaProud, Southpaw, rjeffers, slagtown_dfa, Bowdacious, 14 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85303 Topics
1030945 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.243 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.