Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3023340 - 11/08/12 02:14 PM November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting
Pursuit Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Way out there

I hope deer season has gotten off to a great start for everyone. The air is getting cooler, the leaves are changing, and bucks are on the move. What a terrific time to be in the woods!

Speaking of woods, the topic of November’s Middle Tennessee QDMA branch meeting will be Managing Forestland for Wildlife. We will meet next Tuesday, November 13, at the TWRA Region II Headquarters in The Ellington Ag Center. If you need a map, address, or directions, click here for a Google Map.

Our program will begin at 7 p.m. and will feature Mike Huddleston, Area Forester for the Tennessee Division of Forestry Administration. Mike will discuss the history, composition, and importance of Tennessee’s forestland for wildlife. He will provide lots of useful information on what we as hunters, land owners, and land managers can do to improve the quality of our timbered wildlife habitat while also managing a valuable economic resource (the timber). Some of the topics he will cover include:

o Creation of management units
o Creation of ponds and wildlife openings
o Prescribed burns
o Plantings
o Timber stand improvement
o Timber harvest strategies

If you’ve ever wondered how many pounds of acorns a deer eats in a year, and how that relates to what a typical acre of forest produces, this will be a very interesting talk that you will not want to miss.

Show us What You’ve Been Up To

We would love to see the results of your habitat management activities and your successful hunts – especially where your hard work has contributed to your hunting success. Email me a couple photographs of anything you would like to share with the group. I will incorporate your photos into our powerpoint so that you can talk about what has worked and what hasn’t. I think that learning from each other’s successes and failures can be one of the most important benefits of a group such as ours. Send your photos along with your name and a very brief description of your subject to chris@pursuitland.com .

Please remember that we encourage everyone to join QDMA , but the public is welcome to attend our local branch meetings. I look forward to seeing you next week.

Regards,

Chris Anderson
President, Middle Tennessee QDMA Branch

http://www.pursuithunting.com
http://www.pursuitland.com

#3030217 - 11/12/12 07:21 PM Re: November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting [Re: Pursuit Hunter]
jmb4wd
8 Point

Loc: Christiana, TN

Bump, looking foward to it!!

Food Plot Establishment and Maintenance

Justin

#3031279 - 11/13/12 12:13 PM Re: November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting [Re: jmb4wd]
Pursuit Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Way out there

ttt

Just a reminder that we will meet tonight at 7.

In addition to the featured topic, I will do a "Topo 101" course on the basics of reading and using topographic maps for deer hunting.

Hope everyone can make it.

http://www.pursuithunting.com
http://www.pursuitland.com

#3033029 - 11/14/12 12:22 PM Re: November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting [Re: Pursuit Hunter]
richmanbarbeque
16 Point

Loc: Middle, Tn

How was it? Bummed I couldn't go.
#3033717 - 11/14/12 09:11 PM Re: November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting [Re: richmanbarbeque]
jmb4wd
8 Point

Loc: Christiana, TN

Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
How was it? Bummed I couldn't go.

I had a great time as usual!! The speaker from Forestry service was very informative, I bet we could have asked questions all night! Great to know there are guys like him that are out there to help us landowers!

I had to run after his talk and q and a, but another great meeting!

Food Plot Establishment and Maintenance

Justin

#3034725 - 11/15/12 01:20 PM Re: November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting [Re: jmb4wd]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

was hunting

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3036947 - 11/16/12 07:40 PM Re: November Middle Tennessee QDMA Meeting [Re: Football Hunter]
JAD
4 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro,Tennessee

I picked up quite a few tips on tree thinning,etc., as well as using topo maps to scout. Good meeting.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
118 registered (Tnscooter63, lung-buster, Backstrapcrazy, dogmatik, tndeerman, Diehard Hunter, 9 invisible) and 207 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99582 Topics
1171546 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.