Tndeer Logo

Page 204 of 260 « First<202203204205206>Last »
Topic Options
#3022460 - 11/08/12 01:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: preachermantom
Marriage-the beginning

I have had a request to a devotion on marriage. Sadly the divorce rate is sky high (over 50%) and what is even more troubling is that the church divorce rate is no better! So I can't cover marriage in one devotion as I try to keep them as quick reads. I will do several devotions over marriage in the next few days. Let's start where it all began!

Genesis 2:20-24

20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23 And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones

And flesh of my flesh;

She shall be called Woman,

Because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Well here it is my friends, where God instituted marriage. There are several things I want you yo notice here.

1. In v.20 We are told "there was not a helper comparable to him". This is very important to catch. Men we are not above our wives, nor are wives above the husbands. We are helpers to one another. We must keep this in the front of our minds!

2. This should have been first! As I said earlier God instituted marriage not us! We are told in we are not to break what God has brought together here:

Matthew 19:6

So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Take your marriage very seriously.

3. In v.24 the Word tells us to leave mom and dad and be joined to each other to become one flesh. This is very important not to read over without thinking about it. When married we are to be one flesh with each other. Make decisions together. Have children together. Live together. A problem comes about when we keep brings mom and dad from one side to our business. Now there is nothing wrong with getting advice from moms and dads as long as we are both agreeable to it, but big problems come when inlaws are in our business on a regular basis!

4. On a final note...marriage is man and woman. No where in scripture do you see it any other way!

That's it for today, we will dig deeper tomorrow, God bless.

Tom

Amen

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#3022461 - 11/08/12 02:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Originally Posted By: preachermantom
Marriage-the beginning

I have had a request to a devotion on marriage. Sadly the divorce rate is sky high (over 50%) and what is even more troubling is that the church divorce rate is no better! So I can't cover marriage in one devotion as I try to keep them as quick reads. I will do several devotions over marriage in the next few days. Let's start where it all began!

Genesis 2:20-24

20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23 And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones

And flesh of my flesh;

She shall be called Woman,

Because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Well here it is my friends, where God instituted marriage. There are several things I want you yo notice here.

1. In v.20 We are told "there was not a helper comparable to him". This is very important to catch. Men we are not above our wives, nor are wives above the husbands. We are helpers to one another. We must keep this in the front of our minds!

2. This should have been first! As I said earlier God instituted marriage not us! We are told in we are not to break what God has brought together here:

Matthew 19:6

So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Take your marriage very seriously.

3. In v.24 the Word tells us to leave mom and dad and be joined to each other to become one flesh. This is very important not to read over without thinking about it. When married we are to be one flesh with each other. Make decisions together. Have children together. Live together. A problem comes about when we keep brings mom and dad from one side to our business. Now there is nothing wrong with getting advice from moms and dads as long as we are both agreeable to it, but big problems come when inlaws are in our business on a regular basis!

4. On a final note...marriage is man and woman. No where in scripture do you see it any other way!

That's it for today, we will dig deeper tomorrow, God bless.

Tom

Amen

#3022524 - 11/08/12 05:15 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Amen, prayers for you and your family
#3022924 - 11/08/12 09:27 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
Tiny
16 Point

Sorry for the double...Prayers for you an yours PMT

#3022964 - 11/08/12 09:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Marriage #2 Keep Fighting

This is going to be a strange devotion. I have not read the book of Hosea in a long time. But out of nowhere the Lord laid this on my heart about marriage. Please take time to read at least the first three chapters. The basic message of the book of Hosea is that we commit adultery against God but in His mercy and grace He comes after us wanting us to repent and follow Him with all of our hearts, minds, and souls!

I also think though we can take this as a marriage lesson too. Look at this verse as it gives you a picture into Hosea:

Hosea 3:1

3 Then the Lord said to me, “Go again, love a woman who is loved by a lover and is committing adultery, just like the love of the Lord for the children of Israel, who look to other gods and love the raisin cakes of the pagans.”

Here is the marriage lesson we can: if God still continues to pursue, forgive, love, show mercy to us in our Spiritual adultery against Him how much more should we do the same to our spouses no matter what the circumstances are? I think we know the answer. Fight for your marriage. God has made it clear in His Word we are not to break the marriage covenant:

Mark 10:1-9

10 Then He arose from there and came to the region of Judea by the other side of the Jordan. And multitudes gathered to Him again, and as He was accustomed, He taught them again.

2 The Pharisees came and asked Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” testing Him.

3 And He answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?”

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her.”

5 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Much to think about here!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3022988 - 11/08/12 10:02 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Lots to think about there PMT... Thanks for sharing!

#3023010 - 11/08/12 10:15 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Welcome back Tom!

#3023036 - 11/08/12 10:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thanks RH....glad to be home!

Jesus Christ

#3024788 - 11/09/12 10:29 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Marriage #3 Be a crown!

While this verse applies to the wife, I think it can also be said of the husband too!

Proverbs 12:4

4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,

But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.

This verse goes right along with our walk with Jesus. We are to be examples of Him to others. The same can be said of our spouses need to be living in a proper way as not to be an embarrassment to us. We also need not to be an embarrassment to them. I bet just saying that has brought to mind someone who is always doing something shameful or hurtful to their spouse. This is very sad when you think about it. The one whom we are suppose to love the most next to God is hurt or embarrassed because of someones foolishness! Just like this verse says above it is like rottenness to the bones when we are shameful of our spouse.

Let us think about our conduct and they way it reflects not only on our spouse but also on the rest of our family too. If we live in a way to honor Jesus then we will also be honoring our spouse and it shall be a crown upon their head! great happiness!

If changes need to be made....start today!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3025612 - 11/09/12 07:20 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Wrangler95]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

sweet
Page 204 of 260 « First<202203204205206>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (biglefty20, peleejosh, 280longshot, dralarms, Master Chief, harley 2008, 15 invisible) and 181 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93182 Topics
1088352 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.134 seconds in which 0.036 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.