Topic Options
#3021585 - 11/07/12 03:25 PM 10 Reasons Romney Lost
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

#8 really killed him.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/334729.php

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3021599 - 11/07/12 03:32 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Poser]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

1 reason.

America has proven itself to irresponsible to elect it's own government.

Not one of those issues would have mattered to an educated, literate and responsible electorate.

The problem was not with Romney. The problem is our "Honey Boo Boo" culture and mentality. We are to dumb to remain free.

Piss on us.

#3021760 - 11/07/12 04:58 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Crappie Luck]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Romney ran his campaign like a lot of men go through divorce proceedings.

Rather than fighting to win, he tried to be the nice guy who wouldn't say anything bad about his opponent.

No matter how many lies were thrown his way, or vile attacks against his character, he refused to fight back and set the record straight in the hopes he'd be seen as the nice, sincere guy.

And, like most men who go through a divorce and play Mr. Nice instead of fighting to win... he lost big time.

#3021772 - 11/07/12 05:09 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: BMan]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

The difference between me and Mitt Romney is I pull hair, bite, eye gouge, punch, kick, choke, smash testicles. Once I am done with you you know your azz has been kicked.

Romney pulled a McCain.

#3021773 - 11/07/12 05:11 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: BMan]
de novo
10 Point

Very well written article, IMO.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3021792 - 11/07/12 05:21 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

To me, its the GOP elite and conservatives for the most part who dont get, its more about feelings for most americans, not right, wrong, conservative, moderate, or facts.

You have to win the vote of the american people first, and most of them are clueless,dumb whatever you want to call it and base thier vote on feelings only.
This is where the dem's out smart us, they know it and use it. They just proved it without any dout now. Obama was elected and re-elected base on nothing but feelings.
The GOP needs to get, we need someone from a humble background, who can relate to these feelings only americans, who a minority, who a great speaker who can make them think he/she FEELS thier pain, someone they can relate too,someone they think, walked in thier shoes.
GOP needs a leader who can destroy the class and race cards and some silver spooned rich white guy as wrong as it gets for these clueless feelings only americans who votes you must have at least a part of.

GOP should have gotten this before now, and for sure after 2008

#3021828 - 11/07/12 05:38 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
The difference between me and Mitt Romney is I pull hair, bite, eye gouge, punch, kick, choke, smash testicles. Once I am done with you you know your azz has been kicked.

Romney pulled a McCain.

Romney surpised me in first debate,he really going to take it to Obama, THEN he went from playing to win, to playing not to lose, with only a field goal lead and to much time left in the game. Or like you say, he went McCain on us.
Made no sense to me, why in heck you go from being behind to ahead in one 90 minute deabte, and think after you did that, you should change to the exact oppisite.
He had a chance after first debate that i never really would have thought he ever have. He blew it. Some blame Sandy, but he was already losing momentum before that, due to last 2 debates.
Thats where he lost any chance he had
I agree FLTENNHUNTER1, he should have went for the kill.

Last debate was compleatly insane, he sounded more like an Obama supporter, somone from Obama's super pac.
Only thing more insane than his last debate performance was listening the next day to the so-called experts claim he did the right thing, handle it perfect. OMG, made me want to up chuck

Edited by Dale3 (11/07/12 05:47 PM)

#3021892 - 11/07/12 06:10 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Dale3]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Romney was never my first choice, but once again the Establishment GOP had their way with us.

#3021919 - 11/07/12 06:31 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: dr]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

If a moderate/liberal republican can lose a radical leftist you know the country's in trouble my friends.

No true conservative will ever be elected by the Jersey Shore masses. Just the way I see it.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3022003 - 11/07/12 07:10 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: preds1]
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

The hurricane helped Obama. Guys we need a new party. The GOP just isn't cutting it
#3022056 - 11/07/12 07:32 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Beardendy88
The hurricane helped Obama. Guys we need a new party. The GOP just isn't cutting it

The media's whitewash of the hurricane definitely helped zerO.

The recovery efforts in the northeast make Bush's response to Katrina look like a work of art. zerO and his minions have essentially ignored the victims - well, after the photo op, anyway.

#3022058 - 11/07/12 07:33 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
backwoodsoutfitters
4 Point

Loc: West TN

The reason Romney lost is because so many blacks and latinos voted for Obama. They are running our country now.

#3022137 - 11/07/12 08:15 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: backwoodsoutfitters]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

What most people fail to realize is this: The WHOLE country has moved to the left. Today's Ultra Conservatives are like yesterday's Republicans, Today's Republicans are like yesterday's Democrats, and today's Democrats are extreme leftists. I've been a registered Democrat my whole life, but my ideals are more aligned with today's Republicans than these ultra left liberals that call themselves Democrats these days. At least, that's the way I see it imo.

#3022157 - 11/07/12 08:26 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: TNGunhunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Romney got 16,000,000 less votes than McCain. Obama won. Because we didnt vote. Blame it on whatere but you have to cast votes to win elections

#3022163 - 11/07/12 08:28 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Crappie Luck]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Romney got 16,000,000 less votes than McCain. Obama won. Because we didnt vote. Blame it on whatere but you have to cast votes to win elections

There is absolutely no excuse for this whatsoever!!!!!!

#3022379 - 11/07/12 10:45 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: AndyW]
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

16 million stayed home ( which I find hard to believe )
71% Hispanics for Obama
54% women

we got screwed by a bunch of fools

#3022407 - 11/07/12 11:08 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Dale3]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: Dale3
To me, its the GOP elite and conservatives for the most part who dont get, its more about feelings for most americans, not right, wrong, conservative, moderate, or facts.

You have to win the vote of the american people first, and most of them are clueless,dumb whatever you want to call it and base thier vote on feelings only.
This is where the dem's out smart us, they know it and use it. They just proved it without any dout now. Obama was elected and re-elected base on nothing but feelings.
The GOP needs to get, we need someone from a humble background, who can relate to these feelings only americans, who a minority, who a great speaker who can make them think he/she FEELS thier pain, someone they can relate too,someone they think, walked in thier shoes.
GOP needs a leader who can destroy the class and race cards and some silver spooned rich white guy as wrong as it gets for these clueless feelings only americans who votes you must have at least a part of.

GOP should have gotten this before now, and for sure after 2008
You nailed it. Most of us cannot relate to a guy who made $23mil last year without lifting a finger. He hasn't the foggiest what its like to wonder if you are going to have enough money to pay your house note next month or your utility bill. Last time the GOP nominated a guy who was too old to be president. I think the party is being run by robber barons,which will kill the party(and the country) if they don't wake up.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

#3022418 - 11/07/12 11:17 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

yes. we need to start the Conservative Party

#3022431 - 11/07/12 11:46 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Poser]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: Poser

Agree on #8 and some of the other points. Akin in Missouri and Mourdock in Indiana are political fools who should have been taken out back and kicked in the groin until they resigned their nominations. What's frustrating to me is how the GOP continuously allows themselves to be painted as the only extremists on the subject of abortion (fools like Akin and Mourdock don't help).

Romney - opposes abortion except in cases of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is threatened.

Obama - supports abortion for any reason between conception and birth regardless of ability to pay (i.e. taxpayer funded abortion on demand at any time during a 9 month pregnancy)

Now, who is the extremist on abortion? Romney? Obama? Both?

Polls show that a slight majority of Americans support abortion rights, but they want it to be heavily restricted. Obama and the Democrat party platform supports abortion on demand without restriction. A majority of Americans don't want that. Why is the GOP not able to articulate Obama's extreme position to the American people? Think about it - was Obama ever forced to communicate his position on the abortion to the extent that Romney was? No! He gives the standard "I support Roe vs Wade" response and leaves it at that. The media never asked him to elaborate and Romney never called him on it. If the GOP candidate is going to openly oppose Roe vs. Wade then they owe it to their constituents to expose the Democrat position to the American people. They failed to do so yet again and for that there is no excuse.

#3022533 - 11/08/12 05:31 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Vermin93]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
 Originally Posted By: Poser

Agree on #8 and some of the other points. Akin in Missouri and Mourdock in Indiana are political fools who should have been taken out back and kicked in the groin until they resigned their nominations. What's frustrating to me is how the GOP continuously allows themselves to be painted as the only extremists on the subject of abortion (fools like Akin and Mourdock don't help).

Romney - opposes abortion except in cases of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is threatened.

Obama - supports abortion for any reason between conception and birth regardless of ability to pay (i.e. taxpayer funded abortion on demand at any time during a 9 month pregnancy)

Now, who is the extremist on abortion? Romney? Obama? Both?

Polls show that a slight majority of Americans support abortion rights, but they want it to be heavily restricted. Obama and the Democrat party platform supports abortion on demand without restriction. A majority of Americans don't want that. Why is the GOP not able to articulate Obama's extreme position to the American people? Think about it - was Obama ever forced to communicate his position on the abortion to the extent that Romney was? No! He gives the standard "I support Roe vs Wade" response and leaves it at that. The media never asked him to elaborate and Romney never called him on it. If the GOP candidate is going to openly oppose Roe vs. Wade then they owe it to their constituents to expose the Democrat position to the American people. They failed to do so yet again and for that there is no excuse.

By the third debate Romney was to busy being Obama #1 cheerleader and agreeing with Obama on most everything and patting him on the back for the good job he done.

If romney didnt call him out on it n first debate, wasnt no way he was in 2nd and 3rd Debate, Obama had won Romney over. After hearing Romney in 3rd debate i think Romney may have voted for Obama himself.
The next day, the so call expert, claiming Romney did exactly the right thing. He looked very presidential. I dont know how they could tell what Romney looked like, Romney head was so far up Obama a%*^.
It wasnt Sandy the storm, it wasnt Christy's bear huggin Obama, It was Romney's 3rd Debate
Frist debate Romney, no one seen it coming from Romney and Obama didnt even show up.SO romney kicked tail, 2nd debate Romney did so so, tie for most part, but just the fact Obama showed up, many felt he won.
3rd debate Obama showed up, Romney sux up! GAME OVER.

Romney was going down before Sandy ever hit and Christy ever bear huged Obama

Abortion was never the deciding factor
I never felt Romney could beat Obama, until the frist debate happened. I thought WOW never thought Romney would go there,be like that. I got pumped up, then 2nd debate i sprung a leak, 3rd debate i had a blow out, and crashed

Edited by Dale3 (11/08/12 05:44 AM)

#3022569 - 11/08/12 06:13 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Hello??????

How many times did I get on people here and other talk forms about getting out there and voting???? How many times did I post between 10 and 17 million conservatives either did not vote or wrote someone else in in 2008 and that was one thing Obama and the liberals counted on?????

How many times did I jump on people saying the primiries were over and their guys lost???

The conservatives killed themselvs AGAIN.

AND they are already blaming it on everything else except themselves.

Edited by Wildcat (11/08/12 06:14 AM)

#3022601 - 11/08/12 06:39 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Wildcat]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Hello??????

How many times did I get on people here and other talk forms about getting out there and voting???? How many times did I post between 10 and 17 million conservatives either did not vote or wrote someone else in in 2008 and that was one thing Obama and the liberals counted on?????

How many times did I jump on people saying the primiries were over and their guys lost???

The conservatives killed themselvs AGAIN.

AND they are already blaming it on everything else except themselves.

Many, many times WC.

Lay the blame at the feet of the American people. The idiots who voted for him and the traitors who didn't show up to vote against him.

#3022797 - 11/08/12 08:22 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Yep!

I figured it all out last night! I drive a beat up 12 year old car with 282,000 miles on it; my house is falling down (literally) and I can't afford to fix it; and I NEVER have money that is not already spoken for...

Heck - I'm the 99%!!!

Screw it - I'm a Democrat. Just where to I sign up for all the free stuff?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3022856 - 11/08/12 08:56 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: backwoodsoutfitters]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: backwoodsoutfitters
The reason Romney lost is because so many blacks and latinos voted for Obama. They are running our country now.

Actually the reason he lost was that LESS people voted for Romney than they did McCain.

APATHY my friends is the cancer our party suffers from.

#3023013 - 11/08/12 10:17 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

Actually the reason he lost was that LESS people voted for Romney than they did McCain.

APATHY my friends is the cancer our party suffers from.

I contend that our party is done. If 4 years of an Obama presidency didn't motivate the entire R voter base, its OVER.

#3023067 - 11/08/12 10:51 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: AndyW]
Beardendy88
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

Romney was not a strong candidate and was not a strong conservative. He was more moderate so it did not really excite people but you would think 4 more years of the Kenyan would motivate them enough. During the primaries I loved Rick perry until he starred talking about illegals. I think Herman Cain would have been a strong candidate. I think Cain or Perry could have probably beat Obama but hindsight is 20/20
#3023087 - 11/08/12 11:08 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

There was report after report of record long lines and historic turnout for Romney.

Now we hear there was 7 million fewer voters for Romney than McCain.

One of the two is false.

I'll keep to myself which I think is the lie.

#3023123 - 11/08/12 11:47 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
de novo
10 Point

The motivation to defeat Obama was there. The excitement through rallies and fundraising was there. We had thousands of people in Ohio and Pennsylvania and Colorado walking one or two miles in the cold to hear a Romney speech. I do not buy the apathy explanation.The election was lost through either demographics or fraud, possibly a combination of both.

We have an election system based on the honor system. Early voting, absentee voting, no ID voting, etc. all invite election fraud. Our Constitution calls for an election DAY. Active military excluded, IMO, you should have to show up at the polling place, wait in line, show an ID, and have your finger dipped in the ink used in Iraq.

In the words of Joseph Stalin -

" it is enough for the people to know there was an election. The people who cast their votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything!"

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3023415 - 11/08/12 03:13 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

In the primaries it was anyone but Romney for most of us,and for good reasons. but we were divided over who that should be and eveytime it looked like someone would take the spot, the Romney camp and the GOP elite took them out,we let them take them out, and they shoved Romney down our throats. They had the money and controll

We didnt feel Romney could win with the ammo they have to use against him, guess what we were right.

I didnt feel like Romney had a chance till after the first debate,he suprised me, then what does he do, he did the Romney flip flop in the next debates, game over.

Edited by Dale3 (11/08/12 03:51 PM)

#3023430 - 11/08/12 03:28 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Dale3]
griz104
4 Point

Loc: Nashville

Romney lost because he stood for nothing and he stood for everything. As Governor he was pro-choice and anti-#$%$ault weapons as a presidential candidate he was anti-choice and pro-#$%$ault weapons. As a candidate he said he'd eliminate FEMA and give the function to the 50 states or private companies (yeah that will work) but then along came Sany and he said he would not eliminate FEMA. He said he created jobs while at Bain then it came out all he did was take money from companies leaving the companies to go bankrupt and the jobs lost. He was for elimination of don't ask don't tell then he said it was a mistake to eliminate it. He was a proponent of campaign spending limits but then he said any attempt to limit campaign financing was an attack on freedom. He was for the McCain bill to overhaul immigration then he was against it and signed a bill to authorize state troopers to round of illegal immigrants. At one time he supported Roe v. Wade then he wanted it overruled, same thing for stem cell research, he was for it then he turned against it. Romney did whatever was expedient to help his political ambitions. But the thing that bothered me most he said he was going to fight deficits by lowering revenue of which the wealthy again would get the lion share. He said this would be revenue neutral but never said what he would get rid of to offset the drop in revenue. How any thinking, country loving person could support this #$%$ is beyond me.

Edited by griz104 (11/08/12 03:31 PM)

#3023501 - 11/08/12 04:12 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Beardendy88]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

20 people have posted on this topic, and I assume that these 20 voted for Romney, although there may be a non-voter or two in the group(not unusual). Obama won. The only thing that any of us can do about it for the next four years, is to make sure that you vote for people in the mid-terms(two years hence) that will counter the executive branch. I've lived a long time by understanding that I do not agonize over something that I have no control over, as in who is president for the next four years. I have a life other than this activity and plan to devote my entire time to it. For those of you who do not, have fun and watch your blood pressure! lol

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

#3023568 - 11/08/12 04:56 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: 4onaside]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
20 people have posted on this topic, and I assume that these 20 voted for Romney, although there may be a non-voter or two in the group(not unusual). Obama won. The only thing that any of us can do about it for the next four years, is to make sure that you vote for people in the mid-terms(two years hence) that will counter the executive branch. I've lived a long time by understanding that I do not agonize over something that I have no control over, as in who is president for the next four years. I have a life other than this activity and plan to devote my entire time to it. For those of you who do not, have fun and watch your blood pressure! lol

Yet you are reading and posting yourself, that makes you #21 LOL

#3023666 - 11/08/12 06:22 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: griz104]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: griz104
Romney lost because he stood for nothing and he stood for everything. As Governor he was pro-choice and anti-#$%$ault weapons as a presidential candidate he was anti-choice and pro-#$%$ault weapons. As a candidate he said he'd eliminate FEMA and give the function to the 50 states or private companies (yeah that will work) but then along came Sany and he said he would not eliminate FEMA. He said he created jobs while at Bain then it came out all he did was take money from companies leaving the companies to go bankrupt and the jobs lost. He was for elimination of don't ask don't tell then he said it was a mistake to eliminate it. He was a proponent of campaign spending limits but then he said any attempt to limit campaign financing was an attack on freedom. He was for the McCain bill to overhaul immigration then he was against it and signed a bill to authorize state troopers to round of illegal immigrants. At one time he supported Roe v. Wade then he wanted it overruled, same thing for stem cell research, he was for it then he turned against it. Romney did whatever was expedient to help his political ambitions. But the thing that bothered me most he said he was going to fight deficits by lowering revenue of which the wealthy again would get the lion share. He said this would be revenue neutral but never said what he would get rid of to offset the drop in revenue. How any thinking, country loving person could support this #$%$ is beyond me.

I have no idea where you got your info but more than 90% of it is dead wrong. Most of those are lies Obama and the Democrats painted against Romney before the debates so it looks like you fell for them hook, line and sinker.

#3023937 - 11/08/12 08:35 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: backwoodsoutfitters]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Really? You must be posting from Colorado right? First off who gives a rats [censored] what color any voter is? As long as its a legal vote it really does not matter. Obama won because the republicans didn't run a conservative. I see no reason to play the race card because someone voted. We should be playing the stupid card on those who didn't vote.

#3023947 - 11/08/12 08:38 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Fordman]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Fordman

Really? You must be posting from Colorado right? First off who gives a rats [censored] what color any voter is? As long as its a legal vote it really does not matter. Obama won because the republicans didn't run a conservative. I see no reason to play the race card because someone voted. We should be playing the stupid card on those who didn't vote.

All the racial aspects aside for a moment, do you really believe that?

#3023964 - 11/08/12 08:46 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Bambi Buster]
Fordman
12 Point

No I don't think Romney was conservative enough to win. Do you think he was? Its matter of opinion I know but mine is republican party beat themselves out of the last two elections by being afraid to put a real conservative candidate on the ticket.
#3023978 - 11/08/12 08:51 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Fordman]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

No I don't think Romney was conservative enough to win. Do you think he was? Its matter of opinion I know but mine is republican party beat themselves out of the last two elections by being afraid to put a real conservative candidate on the ticket.

I don't believe there are enough conservatives in the electorate for ANY conservative to win. I am not convinced that a Paul/West ticket or a Palin/Nugent would have fared any better than Romney/Ryan.

#3024002 - 11/08/12 09:00 PM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Bambi Buster]
Fordman
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I don't believe there are enough conservatives in the electorate for ANY conservative to win. I am not convinced that a Paul/West ticket or a Palin/Nugent would have fared any better than Romney/Ryan.

I cant say that given the current crop of Americans that you may not be right.

#3024247 - 11/09/12 04:12 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Fordman]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I think the biggest reason Romney lost is the MSM.

For months you didn't hear anything longer than a 5 second sound bite from Romney but thousands of hours of media coverage selectively telling you what he said, what he meant, and the liberal lie/spin on his policy.

Look at how posters on here think the Ryan budget plan was "far right" throwing grandma off a cliff. When the FACT was that it simply froze spending at its current levels. NOT responsible enough.

If the average American who gets their "news" from nightly television started getting BOTH sides of the story.... there would be a great deal of enlightenment. I don't believe that over half of Americans are socialists, racists, and stupid.

I DO believe that over half of Americans are victim of a systematic ongoing propaganda campaign that is designed to keep us in the dark while the government politically connected class robs us blind.

#3024278 - 11/09/12 05:01 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: fishboy1]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: fishboy1

For months you didn't hear anything longer than a 5 second sound bite from Romney but thousands of hours of media coverage selectively telling you what he said, what he meant, and the liberal lie/spin on his policy.

Look at how posters on here think the Ryan budget plan was "far right" throwing grandma off a cliff. When the FACT was that it simply froze spending at its current levels. NOT responsible enough.

If the average American who gets their "news" from nightly television started getting BOTH sides of the story.... there would be a great deal of enlightenment. I don't believe that over half of Americans are socialists, racists, and stupid.

I DO believe that over half of Americans are victim of a systematic ongoing propaganda campaign that is designed to keep us in the dark while the government politically connected class robs us blind.

More than anything else that is it. We are products of our environment and if your environment is steeped in the MSM bias you have a bias you are not even aware of. And I will admit it can go the other way too. When it was Katrina, all we got was reports of Bush's failure, but with Sandy it was how Obama road in to rescue. Didn't matter that people are still suffering. They're irrelevant. And the silence on the Benghazi disaster and coverup is deafening. Then there is the success of job creation as unemployment goes up.

Tyrants are well aware of how to condition the unthinking, the Soviets and Communist China have made it into an art form and our MSM has learned their lessons. It works. If it didn't we wouldn't have those things called commercials.

We can even see it here. The issue isn't student loans, it is the constantly increasing rise in the cost of an education that requires some to unthinkingly borrow their future. The MSM's propoganda works best on the naive young and the elderly with declining cognitive abilities. In just 13 months UT raised it's tuition over 20% so it can build newer facilities, a golf course, solar powered IPad charging stations, and above average pay raises for people who do nothing. I attended this past summer and went in to get my ID. There were 13 women sitting around, watching youtube videos while I was the only customer. They jumped at the chance to help me, to do something other than kill time. Five people to do one person's job. But cut costs? Never!! Just vote themselves more. They are unaccountable to noone, but the reported problem is the student loans needed to support their addiction to spending. And the unthinking fall for it.

But that is not how the media frames it, the increasing costs are irrelevant, it is the loans that pay for it that are the problem. Let's get the gubmint, (you and I), to cover it instead of requiring discipline in spending. And of course those foolish enough to borrow their future are going to be all for it.

Edited by citico_tim (11/09/12 05:10 AM)

-Thomas Jefferson

#3024287 - 11/09/12 05:20 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: fishboy1]
Dale3
8 Point

I think its clearer than ever now what lost it for him now that we know the voter turn out for him was lower than 2008.
It was last two debates, for sure the last one. He was down before first debate, came out of it ahead and for the first time had the base fired up about him, then he went McCain on them in the next debates, thinking he had the base locked down and in his pocket. WRONG, voter turn out shows he didnt have even the base votes. He fired them up, then turned them off, and im sure many of them also thought he or anyone would beat Obama easy, and they just didnt bother voting again for someone who let them down in the last debates.
So called experts were all high fives about how he did in last debates and how it was the right thing, its was for the independent and womens votes, problem was, he hdidnt have the base secured like he thought, he turned them off , they refused to turn out. It was very moderate flip flopish Mitt

#3024301 - 11/09/12 05:32 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Fordman]
Dale3
8 Point

A real conservative(dont have to be extream Ron Paulish) and someone who wasnt worried about taking it to Obama and calling him out, for fear of looking Racist, or as they also liked to say disrespectful of the president. You got to earn respect!

#3024500 - 11/09/12 08:04 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Dale3]
darn2ten
8 Point

Loc: lincoln co. tn.

content Online
I'm not racist, or trying to sound racist. But does anyone truly believe if Obama had been white and done the job he's done the last four years that he would have got the turnout from people of color that he did? Imho, theres no way. Ohio,Florida,Virginia, and a few others where close enough it would have made the difference. Many voted on skin color alone, I saw plenty of evidence to support this and I live in a small rural area, I could only imagine what the big urbane areas where like.
#3024504 - 11/09/12 08:06 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: Bambi Buster]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I don't believe there are enough conservatives in the electorate for ANY conservative to win.

I'm inclined to agree here.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3024566 - 11/09/12 08:48 AM Re: 10 Reasons Romney Lost [Re: fishboy1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

YEP.

I told a radio show host the next morning that the media was the biggest winner of all.

They lied, hid stories and were biased beyond belief and the American Idol crowd bought it.

Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (stilllookin, volsfan1976, dralarms, cdw338, postal rage, .444 Marlin, 11 invisible) and 135 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93172 Topics
1088306 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.121 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.