Tndeer Logo

Page 19 of 22 « First<1718192021>Last »
Topic Options
#3025049 - 11/09/12 12:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

A young I have a masters in Accounting with the specialty in tax and I don't need to know where it is I have been over it a lot. That is why I am saying it is not as easy as people think. That is why we get to charge the rates we do for doing taxes \:\)
#3025064 - 11/09/12 12:49 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Yeah but HR Block says maximum refund... GUARANTEED.

#3025073 - 11/09/12 12:57 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
Yeah but HR Block says maximum refund... GUARANTEED.

Obama said unemployment would be what \:\)

#3025090 - 11/09/12 01:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Now that I would agree with you young not that all people in H&R block are bad just not trained for what you pay for. Now days it is not that hard to do simple taxes for yourself.

O and I wont need the number just yet but if my alzheimer's kicks in maybe in the future \:\)

#3025107 - 11/09/12 01:26 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

H&R Block has no accuracy guarantee and if they screw up your taxes, YOU are responsible for penalties and fees.

Most other tax services stand by their product. NOT H&R Block. Ask my parents. They got nailed for 14K worth of back taxes, interest, penalties and fees. because H&R did not file one of my dad's W2's properly and they got audited 5 years later.

#3025184 - 11/09/12 02:09 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

Many of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.

That portion I have highlighted above is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin. Let's just say for now that it is evidence of the cultural/generational divide and the entitlement mentality at the root of many of the problems that threaten to bring this nation down around our heads.

I'll bite. Tie that into entitlement for me.

Your use of the word "forced" strongly implies that there is something unjust about a nation requiring service in return for a free or reduced-price education. It essentially says that all citizens should be entitled to a collge education with no strings attached and nothing required or expected in return just by virtue of the fact that they were born here. That is an entitlement mentality. Also, contrary to your statement, there are other options, Hope scholarships being one that comes immediately to mind.

You cannot tell me that everyone who joins the military did so as their first option in life. A lot of kids sign up because they have no other job prospects and no chance at school. A recruitment officer - many of who are as slick as used car salesmen - convince them to sign up. They sign up to better their lives. If they did it soley for love of God and country you would see more military careers instead 4 and out - they get their benefits and leave.

Serving in the military is an honorable thing. It's a sacrifice. One MOST would not have made if they had other viable options. If you read into that to the point you think I am saying something different - that's your problem.

Your authoritative, arbitrary and broadly general statement about the motivations and options of "MOST" who joined the military leads me to wonder how many of those who have joined since 09/11/2001 are among those you associate with on a regular basis and know well. I will go out on a limb and speculate that it's very few.

So please explain to me why it is wrong. In detail. On so many levels. Change my mind on it. I am completely up for being wrong, but 'God and Country' and 'obligation' is not a valid reason.

If I have to explain the wrongness of your contention that God and Country and obligation are not valid reasons, you would not understand. That contention reinforces my point about the existence of a cultural/generational divide. There is also the matter of the obligation vs. entitlement. If I have to explain that, you also would not understand.
I did not contend that "everyone" who joined the military did so out of patriotic fervor or because it was their first option. I can speak primarily of the very many I know who upon enlistment chose a branch of service and an MOS that virtually guaranteed they would see combat, even though many other far less dangerous MOS options were available to them. Your statments above are elitest, condescending and an insult to all of them, many of whom came from solidly middle class or higher backgrounds. Your rhetoric reminds me of John Kerry's. See video at link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

#3025210 - 11/09/12 02:23 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
waynesworld
8 Point

Crappie that is a lot of taxes and fee's did they settle with the IRS? I am not sure on all tax services but I know some stand behind there calculations. Meaning if the data in is correct then they guarantee the tax will be calculated correctly. A lot of problem I have seen from errors are actually people not claiming deductions that they should be able to but the person taking the info in the beginning did not answer the right questions.

In your parents case if it was really 5 years after they filled there was actually a statue of limitations issue they may have been able to use to get out of it. Just FYI the normal SOL is 3 years after you file. If you understated your income more then 25% then it would be 6 yrs. The IRS will try to get people after the 3 yr mark some times unless you call them on it. That actually happened to me this year. When I filled my taxes a ssn was transposed and it rejected a dependent. When I finally got through to them they corrected it and said I did not owe nothing. Then he said we do have a issue with your 2006 taxes. I told him I am sorry but as the SOL has expired on them I have destroyed them \:\) He then said ok well I will just mark it as settled because of time.

The moral of that is never admit to having anything or agree to anything tell you look into SOL.

#3025227 - 11/09/12 02:34 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Bambi Buster]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

So you did read too much into it. Awesome. I didn't say it wasn't a good deal or a viable option - i said it wasn't a first choice for 'a lot'.

There is definitely a generational divide. Have you seen the elections? Where is the youth vote?

God and Country are GREAT reasons to join the military, but I have to say that the number of those enlisted due to this reason is a small percentage. 9/11 attacks were 10 years ago. Those people who signed up have served and are out. Did 'God and Country' peak during that time - I am 100% sure it did. But kids signing up now were less than 10 years old and learn about 9/11 in school.

'A lot' of these sign up because its a job and they can get a better education. Some sign up because they get to shoot guns and blow stuff up. Some sign up because of God and Country. Some sign up because its what their Dad did and it's kinda expected. Some sign up because they want to help other countries. Some sign up because they can get citizenship.

I'm repeating myself I know. But reading and comprehending is tough to come by these days.

#3025231 - 11/09/12 02:35 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
H&R Block has no accuracy guarantee and if they screw up your taxes, YOU are responsible for penalties and fees.

Most other tax services stand by their product. NOT H&R Block. Ask my parents. They got nailed for 14K worth of back taxes, interest, penalties and fees. because H&R did not file one of my dad's W2's properly and they got audited 5 years later.

You missed the joke, but are you sure?

http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/products/software/popups/accurate_calculations_guarantee_software.html

Edit* this has to do with the algorithms used to calculate the refund. It doesnt not gaurantee you will not screw up entering the info.

Edited by DntBrnDPig (11/09/12 02:37 PM)
Edit Reason: accuracy

#3025250 - 11/09/12 02:52 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

you would be surprised the number of people think that when they go to a H&R block that any mistakes that are made that H&R will pay for under that guarantee but we are a gullible nation \:\) we just proved that.
Page 19 of 22 « First<1718192021>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
15 registered (Diehard Hunter, stik, bigluresonly, Poleaxe, Vermin93, stratos195, 2 invisible) and 53 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96066 Topics
1124884 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.