Tndeer Logo

Page all of 22 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3020890 - 11/07/12 09:57 AM Post here - you don't need a link
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Here's an open thread.

Post all your random thoughts without fear of the thread being locked.

Thanks

#3020939 - 11/07/12 10:14 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Random thought...... Israel is screwed.
#3020949 - 11/07/12 10:18 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: preds1
Random thought...... Israel is screwed.

Iran is screwed. Israel knows they go alone now and will probably bomb them soon.

Journal: http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3020951 - 11/07/12 10:18 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

content Online
With Pot becoming legal in Colorado, "Rocky Mountain High" will take on a whole new meaning...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3020959 - 11/07/12 10:24 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Rebel]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Is the Republican party relevant? This was our election to lose; and WE LOST.

#3020965 - 11/07/12 10:27 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: AndyW]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: AndyW

When the dung for brains and lazy takers out number the common sense working makers.... it will happen every time.

#3020966 - 11/07/12 10:27 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: AndyW]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I don't blame the Republicans or Romney. I blame the voters.

We didn't take the senate either. It's not the person, it's the "Outdated" idea of liberty.

Too many people look at Europe and think THAT is what we need here.

#3020980 - 11/07/12 10:34 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Is there any way to avoid paying income tax or social security so as to invest it into our own private retirement?

I'm tired of the government waste of my tax dollars and I'm not supporting a bunch of moochers with my earned tax money.... They can get off their lazy rear and make their own money....

#3020996 - 11/07/12 10:39 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

I hope the GOP learned a lesson.

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3020999 - 11/07/12 10:39 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
RKenney
10 Point

Loc: Maury Co.

Stock market down over 300 right now. I wonder why?
#3021007 - 11/07/12 10:41 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
thetoolman
8 Point

Loc: Charlotte, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
Is there any way to avoid paying income tax or social security so as to invest it into our own private retirement?

I'm tired of the government waste of my tax dollars and I'm not supporting a bunch of moochers with my earned tax money.... They can get off their lazy rear and make their own money....

Not work, about the only way I am aware of.

"Vegetarian" old Indian word for Bad Hunter

http://www.completepctherapy.com

#3021014 - 11/07/12 10:42 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Rebel]
Kevin B.
8 Point

Loc: Hardin County

The election showed in clear detail the moral decline of this country. It is no longer a country that has God and the Holy Bible as its Standard!!!!! Oh yes...there are still Christians here. There are still God fearing men here. But last nite proved the we are a minority now. Americas now has an immoral majority.
I was looking at Facebook this morning. I discovered that the church that my momma went to before succumbing to Alzhemier's (she is bedfast now, with a feeding tube, here at the house, like she wanted it, with me as her primary caregiver) is pastored by a lady (???) named Helen who is a staunch supporter of Hussein Obama. I also have a sister who is an out-of-the-closet lesbian who also is a staunch supporter of Obama (naturally). The Facebook update said: Helen So and so (pastor of momma's church) and So an so Blankenship (my sister) LIKED a link. It was a Victory link of Obama. I was not surprised about my sisters support of his liberal agenda. But the Pastor of a church??? My own momma's church??? Personally, I share Paul the Apostle's views about who SHOULD and and who SOULD NOT hold positions of leadership in the church. In short: We are drifting away, rapidly, from a Bible-based country. And yes, we WERE a Bible based country at one point.
Look at the old sit coms and weekly series TV shows of he 50's and 60's. Husband and wife weren't even seen in the same bed!!!! Now, you can flip on your TV and instantly see fornication, homosexuality in action, and all manner of avarice goes flooding through your eye-gate and into your head. It is THEN that a decision should be made. Is what I am looking at OKAY? Or is it unacceptable for a God-fearing man to look at it?
I SHOULD say that the remote should be snatched away from its holder and the tube flicked off. But better yet, a small sledge hammer should be used on the screen. Or better yet, tape targets to the screen and haul it to the local range. Use that shiny new Ruger 10-22 on it. But do I do that? No. I'm a freakin hypocrite. But I'll say this much. With God's help, I'm going to start living my life according to what that BOOK says. I refuse to go down with the ship. And I refuse to take that BROAD path which leads to destruction. This is just what I'm feeing today. I hope and pray to God that I can live up to Godly standards.

#3021020 - 11/07/12 10:44 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Kevin B.]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Look for your doctor to retire soon.
Look for your parents to die sooner.

#3021095 - 11/07/12 11:22 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Rush just summed it up as well as it can be .... It's hard to beat Santa Claus when a country has so many dependent children voting.

#3021097 - 11/07/12 11:23 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: farmin68]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online
It's official. There are more takers than workers.

Believe it or not guys, I was once a Union Man. It wasn't by choice and at the time it made no difference to me... But I hope all of you will read and understand what I'm about to share.

When I was a starving college student, my dad worked as an accountant for International Paper Co. Between semesters, he would help me get a job working at the mill to earn money. The job was always temporary and the pay was very good. But in order to get those jobs, I had to go down to the union hall and sign up for apprentice jobs as a welder or pipefitter. I'll just skip the remaining details and make a short story a little longer...

I work hard. Always have. One night I was working as hard and fast as I could go and my Foreman "Hammerhead" as they called him came walking up to me and started yelling at me. He said, "Boy! if you keep working like that, you're gonna work yourself right out of a job! Slow down, and take your time!" Over the years I've come to realize that I got ahead in life because I didn't listen to Hammerhead. But now, it's people like him that are in charge of everything. This country is ruined. We are no longer the USA that liberated the world in 1944. We are well on our way to being brought to our knees.

The Hammerheads are in charge. After last night I keep finding myself remembering the last few seconds of ""Invasion of the bodysnatchers" when Donald Sutherland points at his wife and sounds the alarm. From now on, all of us need to be careful what we say and careful of how we associate. Things are going to degrade to a much worse condition in the next 4 years. The dollar colapse will make the Greek financial meltdown look like a Sunday Picnic. See you all on the other side.

Deo Vindice

#3021108 - 11/07/12 11:29 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Rebel]
farmin68
16 Point

I'm not giving up yet. In 2014, 23 of 30 U.S. Senators up for reelection are Dems. They can't afford to be very radical between now and then.

#3021116 - 11/07/12 11:33 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

We didn't take the senate either. It's not the person, it's the "Outdated" idea of liberty.

Crappie nailed it.

My own sister in law once tole me we need to be more like Europe.

#3021121 - 11/07/12 11:34 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
recurve60#
4 Point

Loc: Rock Island

Blacks, illegal aliens and gays outnumber what use to be the backbone of this nation.

What use to be is no more, and will never be again without catastrophic downfalls in goverment and economics.

Catastrophy is the only reset button. I don't know if that will ever happen.

#3021126 - 11/07/12 11:42 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: recurve60#]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Ignorance outnumbers us all and THAT is what matters.

You can be black, like a stiff one after work, be in this country illegally and STILL recognize communism and national suicide when you see it. History is neutral and it's there for all to see.

But ignorance, now THERE is a condition that can't see the stupid coming

#3021130 - 11/07/12 11:45 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
recurve60#
4 Point

Well like I said...it is what it is and will continue.

This is the new America. Get use to it.

#3021141 - 11/07/12 11:50 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: recurve60#]
recurve60#
4 Point

CL ...I'm on the same page as you. I just used different words.

Going to crawl in my hole now.

#3021145 - 11/07/12 11:51 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: recurve60#]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

One Fox exit poll had 15% of those polled who said that the President's handling (photo op) of Hurricane Sandy was the most important issue in the election. Really? ??

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3021150 - 11/07/12 11:53 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: recurve60#]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: recurve60#
Blacks, illegal aliens and gays outnumber what use to be the backbone of this nation.

They are still the minority but there are millions of brainwashed whites who will eagerly vote with them that tips the scale.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3021151 - 11/07/12 11:54 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
recurve60#
4 Point

How did he handle it?

What exactly did he do?

#3021156 - 11/07/12 11:56 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
de novo
10 Point

I would avoid private retirement accounts. With all the unfounded pensions and public accounts it has long been rumored that the government will simply confiscate private funds for the public good. You know make the rich pay their fair share.

#3021159 - 11/07/12 11:56 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
recurve60#
4 Point

The brainwashed whites have always been there. What I listed above is the straw that breaks the camels back. This is the new America from here on.
 Originally Posted By: Novocaine

They are still the minority but there are millions of brainwashed whites who will eagerly vote with them that tips the scale.

#3021161 - 11/07/12 11:57 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

One Fox exit poll had 15% of those polled who said that the President's handling (photo op) of Hurricane Sandy was the most important issue in the election. Really? ??

Wow.

All you have to do is get your picture taken and leave 2 million of your own voters to freeze to death and the country will love you.

Bizarre doesn't even begin to describe this mess

#3021162 - 11/07/12 11:58 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: recurve60#]
recurve60#
4 Point

Reagan couldn't have won this election.

#3021163 - 11/07/12 11:58 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: recurve60#]
de novo
10 Point

How did he handle it?

What exactly did he do?

He did nothing.

He posed beside the POS republican governor Chris Christie. Romney should backhand that fat bastard!

#3021164 - 11/07/12 12:01 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Yep, that's what O'Reilly was talking about.

That's all it took to turn it all around.

Romney was behind before the debates then after that caught and passed Obama. Sandy stoped Romney and Obama kept in the public eye looking like a president in the storm and it's aftermath. it was just enough to catch and pass Romney in the last polls.

#3021170 - 11/07/12 12:06 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online
Rush is on right now, his main comment is "we're outnumbered" - same thing I posted around 830 this morning. Get used to it, we are now the minority and losing ground each day.

Deo Vindice

#3021173 - 11/07/12 12:11 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
southernhunter
8 Point

Loc: alabama

well friends, theres alot i could say but the bottom line is .the end is coming and its starting to unfold right before our own eyes . hold onto your faith and share it with as many as you can. the rest of amercia is brainwashed and have slipped to a point of no return .just like the day of noah and JESUS. its very sad but the book says its going to happen and i believe it will soon..
#3021186 - 11/07/12 12:19 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: southernhunter]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

Not so random thought:

I will no longer play by their rules. My number one priority is surviving in the post election world. All means at my disposal will now be utilized.

#3021204 - 11/07/12 12:27 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
BMan
16 Point

They obviously weren't paying attention to anything other than the photo op.

People are starving on Staten Island; fuel is nowhere to be found; power and heat are still nonexistent for over a million people.

For some reason, though, the MSM hasn't paid any attention to any of that. I wonder why...

#3021223 - 11/07/12 12:36 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: BMan]
preds1
12 Point

I must say I got a kick out of all the liberal greenies fighting over gas after the storm. I thought they'd be rejoicing.
Oh the irony..... \:\)

#3021232 - 11/07/12 12:40 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: BMan]
de novo
10 Point

Hind sight is 20/20. I'm not sure how the outcome could have turned out differently, but with hindsight what would you have liked to see Romney or the Republicans do differently?

1. Vice President choice - Romney got zero from Paul Ryan. Not the youth vote, not even the Wisconsin vote. Playing the race card, Condoleeza or Rubio may have garnered more electoral support.

2. Play it safe? - after trouncing Obama in debate one Romney was advised to avoid contentious debate and just look Presidential. He missed several chances in the 3rd debate to publicly challenge Obama.

3. Character assassination - Romney refused to play dirty. Romney's name was repeatedly trashed by Obama and his surrogates. Romney chose to take the high road (similar to McCain's strategy) and not challenge Obama's history, religion, citizenship. Romney never called him a socialist, Marxist, etc. he always insited he was a good guy with misdirected political ideas.

4. Challenge the media. Two of the four debate "moderators" were all in for Obama/Biden. The media ignored Benghazi and Sandy's aftermath.

5. We can't underestimate the effect Christie's bear hug and effusive praise did to undecided voters looking for a reason to vote Obama.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1107/breaking13.html

#3021241 - 11/07/12 12:42 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Kirk]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

1- I will not comply

2- Our enemies know we are weak and will strike us soon to cut the head off of the Zionist snake.

3- Israel will attack soon. If you have the capability and means to store fuel long term, now is the time.

4- Finalize your preparations.

5- If you are invested in the USD get out.

6- My wife works for a Physician with a private practice and my Brother in Law is a Cardiologist with a private practice. The chance to repeal Obamacare ended yesterday. They both have explained to me in detail of the Obamacare train wreck headed our way and it is truly frightening. If you have any major surgery that you have been putting off get in done NOW. Many practices will be CLOSING.

7- The Federal Reserve has us in the fast lane to the fiscal cliff and all of the libErAls in this country just cut off the brake pedal and through it out the window. Mandatory tax increases and military spending cuts are just around the corner.

Thank you libEraLs, you wanted this and now we ALL are going to pay dearly. Enjoy you free stuff while it lasts.

#3021249 - 11/07/12 12:47 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
preds1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

6- My wife works for a Physician with a private practice and my Brother in Law is a Cardiologist with a private practice. The chance to repeal Obamacare ended yesterday. They both have explained to me in detail of the Obamacare train wreck headed our way and it is truly frightening. If you have any major surgery that you have been putting off get in done NOW. Many practices will be CLOSING...... or accepting cash only.

My brother's a doctor. Just wanted to reaffirm this one FLTN.
Stay sick my friends.......

#3021257 - 11/07/12 12:50 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

6- My wife works for a Physician with a private practice and my Brother in Law is a Cardiologist with a private practice. The chance to repeal Obamacare ended yesterday. They both have explained to me in detail of the Obamacare train wreck headed our way and it is truly frightening. If you have any major surgery that you have been putting off get in done NOW. Many practices will be CLOSING...... or accepting cash only.

Yep, good quality Healthcare is about to become a luxury for the affluent and nonexistent for the common American.

Thank you liBerAls

#3021258 - 11/07/12 12:50 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online

One of my best friends has a family practice. He has stopped taking medicare patients. He also says he'll go to cash only and retire much sooner than he had planned. He said he "won't work as a government employee".

Deo Vindice

#3021296 - 11/07/12 01:07 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Yep, good quality Healthcare is about to become a luxury for the affluent and nonexistent for the common American.

Thank you liBerAls

That could be a blessing in disguise.... kill off many of the dung-for-brains people in this country.

#3021299 - 11/07/12 01:09 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

I would avoid private retirement accounts. With all the unfounded pensions and public accounts it has long been rumored that the government will simply confiscate private funds for the public good. You know make the rich pay their fair share.

I'm sorry Novocaine.... I was playing coy... I would be investing in survival materials

"retirement"..... early.

#3021321 - 11/07/12 01:16 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
RKenney
10 Point

Loc: Maury Co.

It sounds like a lot of you are describing communism. Last I heard, this form of government does work very well.
#3021326 - 11/07/12 01:20 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

I'm failing God right now. The church I attend always talks about getting out of your comfort zone and helping those you would never do otherwise.

My problem is, I could care less about those outside my comfort zone (i.e., conservative-minded). I actually hope for the demise of people that vote democrat. I hope they feel the hardships firsthand of what they have created. I hope they feel anguish by the lack of true healthcare in the future.

Maybe I'll get over this but right now I have a white-hot hate for the majority of the country, most of my co-workers and even an in law or two.

My wife asked this morning if I needed talking off the ledge. I said nope I needed talking out of the bell tower (joking- nobody report me). But truly- I will never help another lib- EVER!

Not sure if this is the Christian thing to think but then again- what would Joan of Arc, Washington, etc... do?

#3021327 - 11/07/12 01:21 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
whistlinwingman
8 Point

Loc: Morristown

Only thing I can figure is Romney was wrong on his "47 percent". It appears to be more like 51 percent.

#3021328 - 11/07/12 01:22 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: whistlinwingman]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

^^^^^^ yep

#3021354 - 11/07/12 01:33 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
whistlinwingman
8 Point

Loc: Morristown

I can relate totally with you PIC.

I have tried to go out of may way to hold a common sense conversation and approach with some libs. I end up getting discusted with them everytime. I try to remember that they could spend eternity in hell, but it doesn't bother me as bad as it should.

#3021368 - 11/07/12 01:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online
In the midterm 2014 elections, Obamaunists will blame the Republican House for all that's going wrong... Heck they have already started doing that and the media is right there with them.

Deo Vindice

#3021382 - 11/07/12 01:51 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Rebel]
de novo
10 Point

It could be worse...

You could have given over $70 million to Republicans in this election and still lost.

ala Sheldon Aldeson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/sheldon-adelson-donations_n_1910094.html

#3021427 - 11/07/12 02:12 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I am over this forever. I will begin making changes in my financial situation now, while I still have the opportunity. Buy American? Only if it is produced in a right to work red state. But I will no longer invest in America, it no longer exists. My next call is to my accountant to find out how I can minimize taxes on my liquidation, and I'm sending it to another country. Fortunately I have relatives out of country who can guide me.

My biggest concern is my kids. They don't deserve what is heading towards them like a speeding train. It brings tears to my wife's eyes to think what this country is setting them up for. I don't cry, but I could for them.

There is a term that accurately describes the selling of ones virtues for free stuff. It is called whoring and that is what half this country is. And their pimp is the media.

I am reminded of the words of Reagan: I didn't leave the democrat party, it left me. In my eyes, I am not leaving America, it has left me. I am contacting my reps, most good men, and demanding they get our troops home. There is nothing left for them to defend so they shouldn't be asked to sacrifice for something that won't sacrifice for them.

I have no pride in what this country is now, only memories of what we once were. My kids don't even have that.

I am a reflective person, and I might regret these words. But I cannot imagine a scenario where that will happen.

PS - Read my signature. We are there.

Edited by citico_tim (11/07/12 02:12 PM)

-Thomas Jefferson

#3021444 - 11/07/12 02:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: citico_tim]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I'm with you Tim. So sorry to see it in print though \:\(

#3021449 - 11/07/12 02:19 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

My goodness citigo tim...you read my mind and posted my thoughts.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3021466 - 11/07/12 02:25 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: citico_tim]
AndyW
10 Point

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
In my eyes, I am not leaving America, it has left me.

There it is, right there. \:\(

#3021490 - 11/07/12 02:37 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: AndyW]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

America has rotted from core. Like a big oak tree. It will fall.

Who will be left to rebuild?

US?

The Obamanation?

The Muzzies?

The Commies?

????

#3021501 - 11/07/12 02:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
southernhunter
8 Point

Loc: alabama

Lord help us all . We see going to need it more than ever .
#3021544 - 11/07/12 03:01 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: citico_tim]
Backstrapcrazy
8 Point

Loc: powell , Tennessee

What i have been thinking, and could not have said any better

Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding

#3021557 - 11/07/12 03:06 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Backstrapcrazy]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I'm right there with you.

As much as I hate it knowinbg it WILL hurt my family mambers and my friends I say let it all happen. To hell with them and the American that is today. I hope we DO go over the cliff that's coming.

One thing is 100% fior sure, starting today I will never again buy anything made in and of the blue states or order anything from them. I'll do my best to buy from red states with a right to work law and buy overseas.

#3021579 - 11/07/12 03:21 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Starting today we're not buying anything except things we'll need to survive and stocking up on things that will not always be as readily available.

Might as well spend them savings. They are not going to be worth S*** down the road.

#3021644 - 11/07/12 03:53 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

America has rotted from core. Like a big oak tree. It will fall.

The great oak tree had stood on a hill over the Hudson, in a lonely spot of the Taggert estate. Eddie Willers, aged seven, liked to come and look at that tree. It had stood there for hundreds of years, and he thought it would always stand there. Its roots clutched the hill like a fist with fingers stuck into the soil, and he thought if a giant were to seize it by the top, he would not be able to uproot it, but would swing the hill and the whole of the earth with it, like a ball at the end of a string. He felt safe in the oak tree's presence; it was a thing that nothing could change or threaten; it was his greatest symbol of strength.

One night, lightning struck the oak tree. Eddie saw it the next morning. It lay broken in half, and he looked into its trunk as into the mouth of a black tunnel. The trunk was only an empty shell; its heart had rotted away long ago; there was nothing inside - just a thin gray dust that was being dispersed by the whim of the faintest wind. The living power had gone, and the shape of it left had not been able to stand without it.

Atlas Shrugged

#3021652 - 11/07/12 03:57 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

We're screwed
#3021656 - 11/07/12 04:00 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online
I may finally go and visit Wes Parrish. I need to find out how to keep the Obamunist's hands out of my pockets as quickly as possible.

Deo Vindice

#3021659 - 11/07/12 04:04 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

I think John Boehner will sell us down the pike too. He's an establishment GOP puke that is satisfied where he's at. We need a Rand Paul as speaker.

#3021662 - 11/07/12 04:06 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
I think John Boehner will sell us down the pike too. He's an establishment GOP puke that is satisfied where he's at. We need a Rand Paul as speaker.

Now what would make you say something like THAT? /sarc

Boehner Extends Olive Branch To Obama on 'Fiscal Cliff'

House Speaker John Boehner offered Wednesday to pursue a deal with a victorious President Barack Obama that will include higher taxes "under the right conditions" to help reduce the nation's staggering debt and put its finances in order.

"Mr. President, this is your moment," Boehner told reporters, speaking about the "fiscal cliff" that will hit in January. "We want you to lead."

Boehner said House Republicans are asking Obama "to make good on a balanced approach" that would including spending cuts and address government social benefit programs.

"Let's find the common ground that has eluded us," Boehner said while congratulating the president on winning a second term.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49731550

#3021667 - 11/07/12 04:11 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Its over were screwed.

#3021687 - 11/07/12 04:21 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: timberjack86]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

What else did you all think Boehner was going to do??

The only thing he had left was to compromise or keep it the same it was the last 2 years. It depends on if Obama meets him halfway but if not them Boehner better not cave in.

You all know that taxing the rich will not do anything at all. You can tax them at 100% and Obama would have spend it in less than 2 months.

EVERYBODYS taxes WILL go up next year, bank on it. I for one am all for letting them go up. That's what the MAJORITY voted for, let them get it. The bad part is we will have to take it too.

#3021714 - 11/07/12 04:27 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

I want the tax increases to crucify the roaches that live off of us. I hope they can't afford a gallon of gas, I hope they can't afford clothes.

#3021735 - 11/07/12 04:39 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
uplandhunter
Button

Loc: Somewhere ,TN

Racism is alive and well I see! It really is sad that so many of these views are so full of bad information. Where is the godliness in you people? With the thoughts that are portrayed here I hate to call myself a member of this board . These statements are nothing more than hate messages!
#3021741 - 11/07/12 04:43 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Well....Bye

#3021746 - 11/07/12 04:46 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
AndyW
10 Point

Originally Posted By: uplandhunter
Racism is alive and well I see! It really is sad that so many of these views are so full of bad information. Where is the godliness in you people? With the thoughts that are portrayed here I hate to call myself a member of this board . These statements are nothing more than hate messages!

Take your six posts and via con dios.

#3021749 - 11/07/12 04:48 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
BMan
16 Point

Where was race mentioned anywhere?

This, from the guy who was whining the game warden wasn't treating him fairly.

Go back under your bridge, troll.

#3021756 - 11/07/12 04:56 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

What do you mean by "you people"?

#3021766 - 11/07/12 05:04 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
Kevin B.
8 Point

ˇAdiós!

#3021771 - 11/07/12 05:08 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Kevin B.]
Kevin B.
8 Point

My own sister just made a post on facebook " Mitt Romney can take his folder and shove it!"
I unfriended her. I have a first cousin who is just as bad. Unfriended her too. I ain't waking up every morning and seeing the uneducated drivel that pours forth from those people, I don't care if we have the same blood or not.

#3021787 - 11/07/12 05:19 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Kevin B.]
de novo
10 Point

My facebook account was cleansed this morning as well. I had a few vaguely familiar folks from high school that I haven't heard from in twenty years decide to pop off this morning. See ya.

#3021798 - 11/07/12 05:22 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I cleaned out my facebook account months ago. I almost never get on it since my nephew married the "anti-everything America" liberal more than half my family is eating up everything she says.

#3021803 - 11/07/12 05:24 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Kevin B.]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

Originally Posted By: Kevin B.
My own sister just made a post on facebook " Mitt Romney can take his folder and shove it!"
I unfriended her. I have a first cousin who is just as bad. Unfriended her too. I ain't waking up every morning and seeing the uneducated drivel that pours forth from those people, I don't care if we have the same blood or not.

Same here Kevin- Unfriended a person because she posted "Thank God I now don't have to take out my vagina with a butter knife and hide it"

Maybe I should look at the bright side. I can go to some states and get stoned, knock some skank up and throw her a couple hundo for an abortion. Then I can turn homo and marry a dude, maybe even a drag queen. Even after all that if I find myself unhappy I can get a DR to assist in ending my own life.

Our once great country is screwed. Re-naming our nation USSA wouldn't even work- we are far worse

#3021807 - 11/07/12 05:26 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

The one and ONLY racists posted made here is the one YOU just made. You are HIDING behind Obama's race because you cannot defend his POLITICES. YOU are USING Obama's race, NOT us.

Guys what he's saying is if we don't agree with Obama's politices and support him we are racists, THE VERY SAME THING THEY CALLED EVERYBODY 4 YEARS AGO.

NOBODY on here gives a crap about Obama's color but YOU. It's his POLITICES we don't like.

YOU can take YOUR racists crap out with you when you leave.

#3021809 - 11/07/12 05:26 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
citico_tim
10 Point

With 6 posts, I don't consider you a member. Just another brainwashed proggie parasite. So, have you gotten your birth control pills yet?

-Thomas Jefferson

#3021813 - 11/07/12 05:30 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
de novo
10 Point

The thread had nothing to do with race before your interjection.
Since you brought it up Obama received 71% of the Hispanic, 69% of the Jewish, 73% of Asians, and upwards of 93% of the black vote according to exit polls. (I would wager actual totals were even higher).

In contrast, Mitt Romney, meanwhile, won about 59 percent of the white vote.

The election was all about race. Over 70% of the other races voted against the white guy pledging to fix the broken country. Policies, religion, morality, experience, platforms etc. didn't matter.

#3021879 - 11/07/12 06:04 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
farmin68
16 Point

Well....Bye

Crappie, you beat me to it. He can go pound sand.

#3021880 - 11/07/12 06:04 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
7mminatree
6 Point

Loc: Unicoi Tn.

I still plan on dying a free man! no matter what!
#3021910 - 11/07/12 06:26 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: 7mminatree]
preds1
12 Point

I'd vote for Herman Cain and Allen West over Biden and Kerry every day of the week.

Some people just lap up that racist crap....... good grief.

#3021912 - 11/07/12 06:26 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: 7mminatree]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Judge Napolitano says the kenyan can easily ban guns in a roundabout way by declaring that ammo is enviromentally hazardous, and will need to be confiscated. He also stated that more liberals will be appointed to the supreme court in order to take more of our rights.

#3022161 - 11/07/12 08:27 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: dr]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Random thoughts huh....... How about random suggestions and a statement.....

Read the Patriots by John Wesley Rawles......

In the past it was "walk softly and carry a big stick" today it would be wise to learn to "carry quietly"

Random thought.... If all the people who voted red stopped spending any money they didn't HAVE to for the next 4 years it would do two things...
1. You would be in a better position to take back control of your part of the world.

2. What would it do to the economy/what message would it send?

Just rambling thoughts I have been having. I am not going into my hole yet..... but I am going to be camped a little closer to it from now on.

#3022172 - 11/07/12 08:30 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Fordman]
Fordman
12 Point

Last random thought or staement.... anything you put on the internet leaves a distinct electronic finger print... tndeer, facebook,,,,, you get the point...
#3022287 - 11/07/12 09:30 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Fordman]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Awesome book. Fordman

#3022291 - 11/07/12 09:33 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Fordman]
uplandhunter
Button

Loc: Somewhere ,TN

Bman or boy no whining here and I am far from being a troll. I have done more for my country than most men here. The only whining I have read is from those that are crying about Obama being re- elected. I keep ten toes to the floor and won't run or hide from any so call man. I am just not a coward and I call it like I see it. Any man that wants to test the waters just let me know I will oblige you!!!!!
#3022311 - 11/07/12 09:47 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

I would say being very concerned rather than crying.....

#3022442 - 11/08/12 12:11 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

I look at my post from 30 October on the election prediction thread. Not far off at all. No prescience was required on my part; the obvious was plain to see.

I then read all the other posts there, shake my head and wonder how so many could have been totally oblivious to what has been going on for at least a generation now.

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
Obama by at least 15 electoral votes, called by two or more major networks no later than midnight CST. \:\(

I'll go further out on a limb and predict the Democrats will pick up seats in the House and Senate. \:\(

#3022509 - 11/08/12 04:56 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
BMan
16 Point

Bman or boy no whining here and I am far from being a troll. I have done more for my country than most men here. The only whining I have read is from those that are crying about Obama being re- elected. I keep ten toes to the floor and won't run or hide from any so call man. I am just not a coward and I call it like I see it. Any man that wants to test the waters just let me know I will oblige you!!!!!

Another keyboard tough guy.

You can't hide from your posts, and I doubt you've done more for your country than most of the people on this board.

Take your little troll butt back to the nowhere you think you're a big man in, and leave the internet to the adults.

C-ya, chump.

#3022585 - 11/08/12 06:28 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

You are nothing but a racists, you USE another mans race for your own puropses and then hide behind it. YOU made the ONLY racists post. You say you put your 10 toes on the ground but in your last post YOU put your 10 toes on another mans color. We talk POLITICES here, take YOUR race crap somewhere else where it's wanted.

#3022802 - 11/08/12 08:24 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: uplandhunter]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Did you learn to be so ignorant...or were you just born that way?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

#3022850 - 11/08/12 08:52 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: 7mminatree]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Originally Posted By: 7mminatree
I still plan on dying a free man! no matter what!

A-freaking-men!!!!!!

#3022983 - 11/08/12 09:59 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: RKenney]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

This forum is embarrassing some times. All the people with conspiracy theories and things like 'the Kenyan rigged the election' should stop embarrassing the rest of us.

The GOP lost because they ran ROMNEY. No one trusts the guy so much that they elected Obama again after 4 years of watching the debt go higher and higher and the HUGE uncertainty of 'Obamacare'.

Plus, the way the congress has - everything he has tried to do shows how much bi-partisan effort they are putting in. Wake up. Republicans are more at fault here.

Edited by Crappie Luck (11/08/12 10:05 AM)
Edit Reason: seriously?

#3022985 - 11/08/12 10:00 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Oh do tell what they have blocked?

#3022989 - 11/08/12 10:03 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Hey, I'm Republican.. but really? How can you deny that this is the least productive congress...

#3022993 - 11/08/12 10:04 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

http://pewresearch.org/databank/dailynumber/?NumberID=1415

#3022995 - 11/08/12 10:06 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Which branch of congress refuses to bring bills up for a vote?
Who controls that branch of congress?

#3023004 - 11/08/12 10:09 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Which branch of congress refuses to bring bills up for a vote?
Who controls that branch of congress?

Crappies right.

Every year Obama send Congress his budget after the State of the Union speech. The Republican controlled House passed 5 different budgets in the last 3 years and the Democrat controlled Senate blocked them all. Every Republican knows this.

#3023034 - 11/08/12 10:26 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online
I'm seriously considering an Escape Plan. Costa Rica is looking better by the day.

After the Civil War a large number of U.S. (Thats Un-repentant Southerners for those of you who don't know) citizens moved to Brazil. Maybe I'll look them up...

Deo Vindice

#3023046 - 11/08/12 10:41 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Rebel]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

The reason Obama won, is that a large percentage of the population (51%) wants Big Government. They want free education, free medical care etc., a cradle to grave Nanny State. The majority is so uneducated to reality that they do not understand that the government does not have anything that it down not take from someone else. They believe in the "Money Tree" vision, that the government can just continue to print money and give it away.

Edited by worriedman (11/08/12 10:42 AM)

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3023052 - 11/08/12 10:44 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: worriedman]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Red State Trade Coalition-

I was talking to a few folks at work yesterday about taking our business needs to red states rather than blue from now on. While not the owner, I do quite a bit of out of state purchases.

#3023054 - 11/08/12 10:45 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: worriedman]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: worriedman
The reason Obama won, is that a large percentage of the population (51%) wants Big Government. They want free education, free medical care etc., a cradle to grave Nanny State. The majority is so uneducated to reality that they do not understand that the government does not have anything that it down not take from someone else. They believe in the "Money Tree" vision, that the government can just continue to print money and give it away.

Yep 51% today. In a couple years or more it'll be 60%. Our government is lost to the takers.

Deo Vindice

#3023079 - 11/08/12 11:02 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Rebel]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

It's not the fall into socialism that is the problem.
It will be the sudden stop.

Prepare

#3023084 - 11/08/12 11:05 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

#3023091 - 11/08/12 11:15 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Come on. Where is anyone lobbying for free education? They are lobbying so people, like me, who graduated college don't spend the rest of their life paying off student loan debt. I've heard from other people that the answer is to not steer kids towards college - which is retarded since we are already behind as a country in math and sciences.

The medical care is a debate that has to be had. I pay freaking $560 a month for my wife and 2 kids. That's absurd! Plus my maximum out of pocket costs are $5000. What is Obamacare going to do for that? So far, I have seen nothing but prices going up.

The system needs adjusting, but life as we know it isn't over.

And about the Democrats rejecting the Republican budget - it was widely known the budget they were presenting was so far right that there was no chance of it being approved. Democrats thought it favored the rich too much and left the poor out to dry. There is a balance some where.

#3023105 - 11/08/12 11:27 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig
Come on. Where is anyone lobbying for free education? They are lobbying so people, like me, who graduated college don't spend the rest of their life paying off student loan debt.

Which is it? You just argued both sides of the issue. Not everyone can afford college, not everyone should go.

it was widely known the budget they were presenting was so far right that there was no chance of it being approved.

Far right? I think you mean it was "solvent". if you have any examples of what "Far Right" means in terms of fiscal policy, please post them.

I'm Curious how a budget that had bi-partisan HOR support can be "Far right"

Besides, what does not being able to pass have to do with not bringing it up for a VOTE at all?

One is the "Obstruction" you spoke of, the other is how govt. should work.

Maybe voting on issues at all is just too "Far right"

#3023137 - 11/08/12 12:00 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

Come on. Where is anyone lobbying for free education? They are lobbying so people, like me, who graduated college don't spend the rest of their life paying off student loan debt.

Who should be paying off your loan? Keyword: your.

#3023144 - 11/08/12 12:04 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go? Good solution. Then we can all work at Walmart and outsource all the technology and science jobs out to other countries.

Thank you for your contribution to "saving the US from a collapse."

Whats the point of wasting peoples time on something you know isn't going to pass? Inefficiency is how the govt should work? Well it's working great.

By the way, I can't find any records of a Democrat endorsing the actual legislation Ryan pitched for the House budget plan. I check a bunch of fact checkers and they all say there wasnt any. Ryan-Wyden wrote up a white paper but it was not a piece of legislation. Ryan's plan was not the same.

#3023157 - 11/08/12 12:12 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k

Dont' borrow 80K for a career that pays 35K

Sure you can afford 80K if you get a degree in something that is marketable.
If a persona cannot weigh the merits of a degree -vs- the financial benefits of having it, they are the ones that DO NOT NEED TO GO>

#3023165 - 11/08/12 12:18 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Dont' borrow 80K for a career that pays 35K

Better yet, don't borrow any. I didn't.

Worked full time and went to college too. Took six years and I sacrificed a lot. Oops, I forgot - I am now a Democrat...no more sacrificing for me!!!

#3023168 - 11/08/12 12:21 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Looks like we have an impersonator. Sorry but you are no Republican. You sound more like a Democrat with every post.

As for fact checkers, far left web sites are not true fact checkers, they only tell you whet they want you to know.

Simply go to the United States Congress web stie and look up the bills. The Democrats in the House did NOT endorse it, they VOTED FOR IT. To say a Democrat never endosed it is not true. The vote count and who voted for and against it is right there in the record. Remember the House passed 5 different budgets in the last 3 years.

You have $80K worth of school debt, that's YOUR FAULT.

By the way, using the word retarded is your generations "n" word. You all use it because you know that the people that are retarded will not hit back.

#3023169 - 11/08/12 12:23 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go? Good solution. Then we can all work at Walmart and outsource all the technology and science jobs out to other countries.

Maybe we should tell the states to quit paying their tenured professors so much. That would drop the cost of tuition. I have 10 people that work in my department. A few have a high school ed. some have a year or two of college and a couple have trade or tech type degrees. They ALL have paid their loans, if any off. THEN I have a guy that decided he would go to some prestigious elitist university. He now owes them 180K in student loans. And now he whines about how much the entry level pay of our industry is.

Who's the real idiot in this picture???? I have no sympathy for people that have tons of money sunk into student loans. They should've worked bussing tables instead of partying.

#3023173 - 11/08/12 12:24 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

By the way, I lost my hearing when I was 6 years old but I still went though UK for 4 full years and didn't own a dime when I finished. I went on to have several successful business before I retired 10 years ago at 50 and the govt didn't help me at all.

#3023179 - 11/08/12 12:27 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
de novo
10 Point

And about the Democrats rejecting the Republican budget - it was widely known the budget they were presenting was so far right that there was no chance of it being approved. Democrats thought it favored the rich too much and left the poor out to dry. There is a balance some where.

Ryan's extreme budget plan calls for deficits for TEN years and there was no actual cuts. He simply held spending at current levels and did away with the yearly increases. This plan was no where near the fiscal responsibility the country needs. And yet this is labeled as extreme?

#3023199 - 11/08/12 12:37 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Camp David
12 Point

Dog gone it, maybe somebody should pay off my mortgage.

#3023205 - 11/08/12 12:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Camp David
Dog gone it, maybe somebody should pay off my mortgage.

I suspect you're not the right shade.

#3023213 - 11/08/12 12:46 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Society is trying to turn MEN into safe, sensitive, civilized creatures.......more like women. AND we have let it happen! We sit around and plink on a computer and act like we are doing something that matters. GET OFF OUR COLLECTIVE BUTTS AND CHANGE THIS COURSE.

We are warriors at heart. We have set idly by and let this Government rip away all the things we need to be men. I am not a Safe, Sensitive, Civilized creature. I AM A MAN! I pledge to start acting like one from now on. I like guns. I love my family and my God. Don't mess with any of them and I will be safe and civilized to be around. Mess with one and the full measure of my abilities for destruction will be unleashed.

That is where I stand.

#3023216 - 11/08/12 12:47 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

The 2nd amendment says we have the right to bear arms.

So I want to know when the govt. is going to buy me more guns \:\)

#3023243 - 11/08/12 01:02 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Kirk]
AndyW
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Kirk
Society is trying to turn MEN into safe, sensitive, civilized creatures.......more like women. AND we have let it happen! We sit around and plink on a computer and act like we are doing something that matters. GET OFF OUR COLLECTIVE BUTTS AND CHANGE THIS COURSE.

We are warriors at heart. We have set idly by and let this Government rip away all the things we need to be men. I am not a Safe, Sensitive, Civilized creature. I AM A MAN! I pledge to start acting like one from now on. I like guns. I love my family and my God. Don't mess with any of them and I will be safe and civilized to be around. Mess with one and the full measure of my abilities for destruction will be unleashed.

That is where I stand.

YES!!!!!!

#3023279 - 11/08/12 01:34 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

My student loan debt is now down to $13k, started at $35k. I don't make $35k although pretty much the majority of technology jobs do start out at that around here, thanks for all your assumptions though. Pretty sure there is a market for technology.

I work hard for everything I have. Besides loan debt, the only other debt I have is my mortgage. I guess I could have sacrificed and not lived in my own home...

I'm glad you graduated from a state school with no debt. You sir, are a minority. How many scholarships did you get and what were they for?

Look I haven't received any Government hand outs. I took loans for school so I can have a better future for my family and I. If you have issues with that, I(on to

I voted for Romney so I guess my impersonation is going a little far.

It's probably true that I am not a Republican, my view points line up more with a libertarian point of view.. I guess what makes me so different than the majority of you, is that I keep an open mind on issues.

Edited by Crappie Luck (11/08/12 08:10 PM)
Edit Reason: trying to get banned?

#3023294 - 11/08/12 01:48 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

Where did you come up with the $80k number?

BTW, no need for the "something you can lick" comment. It's a little childish, don't you think?

I'm glad you went to college to improve your future. My only issue would be with someone having the opinion that I should somehow pay for it.

#3023322 - 11/08/12 02:02 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

You're absolutely right. I should have said something like 'i'll take my guns, god, and family and stick up for what I believe in'.

That would have gotten me a little more respect in this political forum. lol.

#3023329 - 11/08/12 02:07 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dienamic
4 Point

Loc: East TN

Here's my take:
To vote you should
1. Make over 30K in gross income or have served in the military
2. NOT be on any kind of gov't assitance program
3. Be of a minimum age of 30

There, problem solved. Pie in the sky I know...

#3023513 - 11/08/12 04:27 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dienamic]
citico_tim
10 Point

I see we have someone posting who expects more free stuff. "Free education"? No such thing. Somebody has to pay for it, as long as it is not them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3023550 - 11/08/12 04:46 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

You're absolutely right. I should have said something like 'i'll take my guns, god, and family and stick up for what I believe in'.

Maybe that and avoiding words like "retarded."

#3023622 - 11/08/12 05:51 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

My student loan debt is now down to $13k, started at $35k. I don't make $35k although pretty much the majority of technology jobs do start out at that around here, thanks for all your assumptions though. Pretty sure there is a market for technology.

I work hard for everything I have. Besides loan debt, the only other debt I have is my mortgage. I guess I could have sacrificed and not lived in my own home...

I'm glad you graduated from a state school with no debt. You sir, are a minority. How many scholarships did you get and what were they for?

Look I haven't received any Government hand outs. I took loans for school so I can have a better future for my family and I. If you have issues with that, I have something you can lick on to get over it.

It's probably true that I am not a Republican, my view points line up more with a libertarian point of view.. I guess what makes me so different than the majority of you, is that I keep an open mind on issues.

I'd suggest dont go get something YOU want, that you think YOU cant afford, then after doing so, complain about how much it cost and think others should buy it for you.
You knew it before you did it.
" I took loans for school so I can have a better future for my family and I" thats the CHOCIE YOU made,so stop complaiming about what YOU chose to do and think other should foot YOUR bills for it.

No what make you so different from the rest of us is, you want someone else to pay for what YOU wanted.
We all worked hard also, we also wanted a better life for our family's, the problem is, we could provide even a better life than we are for our familys if the government wasnt over dipping and taking so much of our money to give to others who want a free hand out. who are unwilling, not unable to take care of themselves
You better consider your self blessed that you could and have done what you have,and hope that this is the hardest thing you have to deal with in life. Life not sunshine and rainbows, heres a tip, you got to be tuff to get old, it aint easy.

Edited by Dale3 (11/08/12 06:16 PM)

#3023654 - 11/08/12 06:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Look I haven't received any Government hand outs. I took loans for school so I can have a better future for my family and I. If you have issues with that, I have something you can lick on to get over it.

YOU are the one that has issues, you posted them all in your last 3 posts and you can't ever see it.

You come on here complaining about a $85K student loan and YOU wanted to make an issue of that and now tell us it was $35K. Don't come in here and LIE then except anybody to ever respect you. Then you want "FREE" education. You made the issues not us. I'm not the only one that saw them, look at the others posts, they all are posting about what YOU posted.

#3023675 - 11/08/12 06:32 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
preds1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Camp David

Maybe that and avoiding words like "retarded."

I do like my guns, especially this time of year. I do believe in God and not ashamed of it. And family is the most important thing to me on this earth.
Not all people think like me and that's perfectly ok. \:\)

#3023694 - 11/08/12 06:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Maybe retarded is a good word for this thread since you all seem slow.

I never said I wanted a FREE education. I never said I had $80k in debt. Go back and read my posts again - you may be deaf but certainly not blind right?

I never asked for anyone to pay my loans. Find that in my posts.

My whole point in posting is the sky is not falling. I see now my error.

Go buy your gold, stock up on water and ammo, get your dual citizenship, learn how to fly a plane, keep your bugout bags at hand... they are coming for you. Or you know.. complain on the internet.

#3023698 - 11/08/12 06:44 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

I do like my guns, especially this time of year. I do believe in God and not ashamed of it. And family is the most important thing to me on this earth.
Not all people think like me and that's perfectly ok. \:\)

I like my guns, I live for God, and I love my family. Never said it was a bad thing.

But its nice to hear someone who says not all people think like me and thats ok. Cause thats a rarity in the political forum.

#3023759 - 11/08/12 07:07 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

Maybe retarded is a good word for this thread since you all seem slow.

I never said I wanted a FREE education. I never said I had $80k in debt. Go back and read my posts again - you may be deaf but certainly not blind right?

I never asked for anyone to pay my loans. Find that in my posts.

My whole point in posting is the sky is not falling. I see now my error.

Go buy your gold, stock up on water and ammo, get your dual citizenship, learn how to fly a plane, keep your bugout bags at hand... they are coming for you. Or you know.. complain on the internet.

You're still young (i.e., use of retarded thinking it's funny). As someone else said, life is tough and you don't get old without learning that.

As I said to someone on another thread, I hope you never have any "retard" children, but if you did, you might understand how offensive and immature that is, yet you have used it twice now. You think that's something new and hip? It's not.

You didn't say you wanted a FREE education, I agree. You did, however, suggest you shouldn't have to pay for it all. Again, that was your decision and you owe the money, not me.

BTW, you are the one who mentioned $80k in student loans. I asked where that came from and you didn't answer. Were you not trying to suggest that you had $80k in loans? Now you say you have less than half of that?

#3023782 - 11/08/12 07:16 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Glad to see TNDeer is so politically correct now. I cant count how many racist comments I've seen on here and you've keyed in on retarded.

I'm sorry that offends you and i will try to not use it.

The $80k in debt is from the news saying that some kids after going through undergrad and grad schools are over $80k in debt. They werent forced to go through school, no. But we are behind in educating our kids. India is kicking our arse. Education is key.

#3023787 - 11/08/12 07:18 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Fordman
12 Point

If you take out student loans they exactly why in the hell should you not have to pay them back? You knew what they were when you took them...If you buy an 80k home are you going to make the payments or let it get foreclosed on? I am sorry it looks as if most of America defaulted on their student loans and had the repo man come get their brains as of late. Also why do people NEED student loans? I got my degree by going to college when I could while serving on active duty. My brother lived like a monk worked two jobs and paid for his education.... A student loan is like a new car.... you may WANT one but you don't need one.
I guess the question is why should the rest of America carry a penny of burden for anyone's educational debt?
Healthcare really? If you want cheaper healthcare you can get another job with better benefits or you work to see the CEO's of all the insurance companies dragged in front of congress to explain it. Yes Insurance is highway robbery but its the INSURANCE SYSTEM not the HEALTHCARE SYSTEM in America.

#3023799 - 11/08/12 07:23 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: preds1]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

It is funny watching people debate on school loans and how education should be free and everyone should be able to get a collage degree. And others talking about why it cost so much.

In order to look at this problem you need to look at 2 issues the first is cost of an education and the next is who should pay for it.

Fist is why is the cost of collage increased so much?

Has the quality improved more? no if anything because of the need to push people though it has declined just like HS education.

So is supply and demand out of wack? I would have to say no if anything with the exception of a few degree's the supply is more then the demand.

So what drives the cost up look at the housing market it has a similar problem. The govt. yes in the promise all these politicians to make education available to all it guarantee you loans. Then when they set how much you can borrow so the collage raises the fee's because it pays the professors more and they teach less and publish more BS in a lot of cases.

Now I am for education I have a masters in accounting as well as my wife. We also had to borrow money to go. I went to school after I had kids to pay for and worked full time and still had to borrow money but that was my choice. My wife did not have school loans when we married as she had paid off her undergrad. Then we decided to get the masters and borrowed it. We borrowed more then we should have but that was our choice. We are responsiable for the loan and will pay it off.

It goes back to the problem is you have to take responsibilities for your action. But the govt needs to not make it so easy for some of these kids to make these choices. When a school pushes loans to a 18-21 year old to 80k for a job that avg 30k a year there has to be some accountability to the schools and lenders. Just like there should have some accountability to the lenders and processors to 100=200k home loans to people who were living on welfare.

#3023803 - 11/08/12 07:25 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Fordman]
Camp David
12 Point

Thank you Fordman, as you taught Dpig something they didn't teach in college.

Edited by Camp David (11/08/12 07:26 PM)

#3023816 - 11/08/12 07:31 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
Fordman
12 Point

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
It is funny watching people debate on school loans and how education should be free and everyone should be able to get a collage degree. And others talking about why it cost so much.

In order to look at this problem you need to look at 2 issues the first is cost of an education and the next is who should pay for it.

Fist is why is the cost of collage increased so much?

Has the quality improved more? no if anything because of the need to push people though it has declined just like HS education.

So is supply and demand out of wack? I would have to say no if anything with the exception of a few degree's the supply is more then the demand.

So what drives the cost up look at the housing market it has a similar problem. The govt. yes in the promise all these politicians to make education available to all it guarantee you loans. Then when they set how much you can borrow so the collage raises the fee's because it pays the professors more and they teach less and publish more BS in a lot of cases.

Now I am for education I have a masters in accounting as well as my wife. We also had to borrow money to go. I went to school after I had kids to pay for and worked full time and still had to borrow money but that was my choice. My wife did not have school loans when we married as she had paid off her undergrad. Then we decided to get the masters and borrowed it. We borrowed more then we should have but that was our choice. We are responsiable for the loan and will pay it off.

It goes back to the problem is you have to take responsibilities for your action. But the govt needs to not make it so easy for some of these kids to make these choices. When a school pushes loans to a 18-21 year old to 80k for a job that avg 30k a year there has to be some accountability to the schools and lenders. Just like there should have some accountability to the lenders and processors to 100=200k home loans to people who were living on welfare.

Wise words there.

#3023823 - 11/08/12 07:34 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

lol, the only thing he taught me is everyone who got an education that came away with no student loan debt (so far in this thread) has trouble reading and comprehending.

I feel like I am saying it over and over and over again.

I haven't once said education should be free or someone should pay for my loans. I said it was EXPENSIVE. Making it UNAVAILABLE for lower income people.

May of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.

Waynesworld is the only one who has made any sense.

#3023844 - 11/08/12 07:52 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Fordman
12 Point

lol, the only thing he taught me is everyone who got an education that came away with no student loan debt (so far in this thread) has trouble reading and comprehending.

I haven't once said education should be free or someone should pay for my loans. I said it was EXPENSIVE. Making it UNAVAILABLE for lower income people.

Forced to join the Military? OK and the problem with serving for a degree is what exactly? If you want something then you do what you have to do to obtain it. Going in the military is not "forced" on anyone. Its a choice and a [censored] good one as most of today's youth would benefit from some discipline being taught to them before they go ruin the rest of their lives. Trust me when I say going into the military is not "Forced" on anyone. Those who choose to serve to obtain a degree pay much much more then any student loan you could ever obtain.
Low income? seriously your going to play that card? That's where you don't understand. If someone is low income and wants to better themselves then it a CHOICE, and an honorable one at that. Saying low income people are forced to join the military is like saying fat assed Rosie was forced to eat twinkies her whole life... Wrong its a choice and when you make a choice there are always other options.

#3023845 - 11/08/12 07:52 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

In our countries desperate search for social and economic equality, one basic thing is forgotten.

We are not equal. To be equal we would all be 6'4 with amazing speed, a full head of hair, zero body fat and an IQ of 140.

We all have different talents and skill sets. Some people are blessed with amazing physical strength, others are blessed with mental strength. Very few possess both. Some are lucky enough to have a little of each.

So..... why aren't we on our soap boxes wanting the government to offer free gym memberships to the mentally gifted?

We expect free education for the less motivated students.

#3023859 - 11/08/12 07:59 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Nobody is ENTITLED to a college education.

You should study hard, EARN a spot, and pay your way. PERIOD

Education has been hijacked by the left. Say education and people automatically think they have to finish HS, Spend a pile of money and go to college.

A generic college degree has become the most over rated, over priced, poor value foisted on the gullible public since the New(raw) deal. Certain specialties still give a good return on investment but the majority of bachelors degrees are a waste of money.

Education has become another indoctrination vehicle and wealth sucking scam from the same crooks who brought us Social Security (ponzi scheme) and the Community Reinvestment Act..... All programs aimed at "helping" the poor but really designed to fleece the crap out of them instead.

Anybody else notice how the worst government scams which cause the most harm are programs to "help" the poor?

#3023864 - 11/08/12 08:01 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Fordman
12 Point

Come on. Where is anyone lobbying for free education? They are lobbying so people, like me, who graduated college don't spend the rest of their life paying off student loan debt. I've heard from other people that the answer is to not steer kids towards college - which is retarded since we are already behind as a country in math and sciences.

The medical care is a debate that has to be had. I pay freaking $560 a month for my wife and 2 kids. That's absurd! Plus my maximum out of pocket costs are $5000. What is Obamacare going to do for that? So far, I have seen nothing but prices going up.

The system needs adjusting, but life as we know it isn't over.

OK all joking aside here. You may have not gotten 80K in student loans... your open mind is to be admired.Please tell me why a person who borrows 80K, your number not mine, should not have to pay it back even if it takes a lifetime? Whats the average 80k home loan take to pay off...30 years? There in lies the issue right there. If someone take a lifetime to pay off 80K for a student loan they wasted a lot of time trying to get smarter.

#3023873 - 11/08/12 08:05 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Please. Please. Please. Read.

You are right, the price of a good education to make our next generation competitive should not take a lifetime to pay off.

#3023879 - 11/08/12 08:07 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

sorry but a education is more available to a low income person more then a mid income because of the grants to low income people.
#3023881 - 11/08/12 08:10 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

That's probably true.

#3023886 - 11/08/12 08:11 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Fordman
12 Point

You are right, the price of a good education to make our next generation competitive should not take a lifetime to pay off.

Help me understand why a 40K car can be paid off in 60 payments but an 80K education cant be paid off in 120 payments? I think the answer is because most people assume that a degree means high pay when it in fact does not. I also think many people leave college buy homes, cars, and start families and the student loans is what gets tagged as the "burden". The truth is the burden is that to many college graduates leave school already living beyond their means and it just snowballs from there.

#3023894 - 11/08/12 08:14 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

It's the government that holds the blame for the costs of college.

You can buy a degree fom any university you wish.

#3023897 - 11/08/12 08:18 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

With that logic, it shouldn't take a lifetime so my family and I can live where we want, yet we initally took on a 30-year loan so we could.

Should it take that long? Actually it won't, as we did without many things and worked our cans off to get it paid off in half that time.

Nobody bailed us out. We never expected, or asked, anyone to pay a debt we took on by our own decision. We knew the costs up front and agreed to the terms.

#3023903 - 11/08/12 08:21 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

You're agreeing with yourself?

#3023925 - 11/08/12 08:30 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: 348Winchester]
waynesworld
8 Point

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
It's the government that holds the blame for the costs of college.

You can buy a degree fom any university you wish.

Yes

It has to do with the govt setting prices and by making funding available with no risk to lender and the school. And no one will be held responsible.

#3023944 - 11/08/12 08:37 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

Glad to see TNDeer is so politically correct now. I cant count how many racist comments I've seen on here and you've keyed in on retarded.

I'm sorry that offends you and i will try to not use it.

Offend me? I'd think a college grad would be embarrassed.

#3023954 - 11/08/12 08:40 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
waynesworld
8 Point

Don't get me wrong though assisting people to be able to get an education is not bad in itself but we need to have checks and balances to stop from people having debt that is out of control to the degree they have. Also making people accountable for the decisions they make. I know when I borrowed money I borrowed more then I needed and used the money to do things I wanted to do. But I am paying for that, and I expect to.
#3023960 - 11/08/12 08:43 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Camp David, please just stop.. Your embarrassing yourself. I saw you take down the racist comment post.. I guess because you realized you were wrong. Using the word 'retarded' is not being racist. Bad choice of word, sure, but not racist.

Then you quoted me and said I was answering myself when I used my own quote so I wouldnt have to type it again because people cant read. Apparently you can't either.

Just stop. Your signature is starting to look like a cry for help.

#3023970 - 11/08/12 08:48 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Waynesworld, you are exactly right. Kids get out of college, start their family, buy a house, get force fed credit card applications and before they know it are in over their head.

It's their responsibility - but that doesnt mean there shouldnt be a system to keep all that in check. Colleges are the ultimate used car dealer and they streamline the loan application process. The actual cost and terms of the loan is often cloaked in jargon

#3023983 - 11/08/12 08:52 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Camp David
12 Point

I think the word you meant is
"you're," but I can't read too well.

#3024032 - 11/08/12 09:11 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Camp David]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Congrats. You win, you got me.

You're.. Your... what was I thinking.

Hats off to you sir.

#3024040 - 11/08/12 09:16 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

The Deermunists love it when we eat our own.

#3024056 - 11/08/12 09:22 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Koyodiak]
BMan
16 Point

If you can't afford to go to college, work hard, save your pennies, and go later.

Don't want to wait, so you take out loans? Then man up, shut your yap, and pay them back.

BTW, nobody is forced to join the military; it's been a volunteer force since the mid-70s.

#3024088 - 11/08/12 09:35 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Koyodiak]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

Nevermind

Edited by SilverFox (11/08/12 09:47 PM)

#3024096 - 11/08/12 09:40 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: BMan]
de novo
10 Point

The problem with college loans is government interference. The government backs the loans so there is little risk to the lender. In fact it is beneficial to the lender to loan the maximum amount of money because the US Taxpayer has his back. Colleges can increase tuition and everyone is happy except for the honest borrowers who will pay their debt or the taxpayer on the hook for the deadbeat. Then congress passes laws that make it nearly impossible shake your student loan debt even

No government involvement means the lenders would be stingy with the money and tuition would have to decrease.

#3024121 - 11/08/12 09:52 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: de novo]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

I think, quite simply, that our country has been taken over by spoiled feral children.

What's going to happen when the free ice cream and cookies run out?

#3024146 - 11/08/12 10:10 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Greg .]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

I make 6 figures a year and do not have a college degree. 4 year degrees are overrated IMO.

#3024174 - 11/08/12 10:36 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
waynesworld
8 Point

I make 6 figures a year and do not have a college degree. 4 year degrees are overrated IMO.

Yes in some jobs they are exp when u have a deg in some of the wall thing
There are some jobs it would b better to get vocational type training then work or just work first but we push all the kids to college.

#3024327 - 11/09/12 06:08 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

Did you EVER think if EVERYONE missed what your saying, maybe just maybe its not them(EVERYONE), BUT YOU who miss spoke, or who's unclear or who's now flip flopping trying to blame EVERYONE else?
Im not smart, dont claim to be, not collage educated, heck i cant even spell, but i got enough commen sense to get unlike you, if you got 20 piling in on one, that the ONE is wrong or at best has misrepersented themselves, BUT your not claimming really you misrepersented yourself, your blaming everyone for not getting what you said.

NOw your either back tracking on what you said, OR you didnt articulate(i had to spell check that one) very well what you were saying and NOW your trying to blame us for not gettin it.

I cant spell, but im pretty sure that puts it all on you, not anyone here to blame for your lack to correctly explain yourself.
You dont need a collage degree for commen sense. Infact commen sense will take you way father than any degree, if you have both, THEN YOUR COOKING WITH FIRE!

I think if NOBODY got what i was saying, instead of telling THEM to go back and read what i said and blaming them, I myself would be going back and reading it, and see I didnt articulate(copy and pasted from above, didnt have to spell check)myself correctly and take responsibilty for it.

At least that how a red neck hillbilly backwoods 12th grade public school educated commen sense old fart hard working man, who provied a good life for his family and himself with what the government would let him keep and they didnt take from him and his family to give to other unwilling to care for themselves from tessessee see it.

Edited by Dale3 (11/09/12 06:34 AM)

#3024368 - 11/09/12 06:39 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Dale3

Did you EVER think if EVERYONE missed what your saying, maybe just maybe its not them(EVERYONE), BUT YOU who miss spoke, or who's unclear or who's now flip flopping trying to blame EVERYONE else?
Im not smart, dont claim to be, not collage educated, heck i cant even spell, but i got enough commen sense to get unlike you, if you got 20 piling in on one, that the ONE is wrong or at best has misrepersented themselves, BUT your not claimming really you misrepersented yourself, your blaming everyone for not getting what you said.

NOw your either back tracking on what you said, OR you didnt articulate(i had to spell check that one) very well what you were saying and NOW your trying to blame us for not gettin it.

I cant spell, but im pretty sure that puts it all on you, not anyone here to blame for your lack to correctly explain yourself.
You dont need a collage degree for commen sense. Infact commen sense will take you way father than any degree, if you have both, THEN YOUR COOKING WITH FIRE!

I think if NOBODY got what i was saying, instead of telling THEM to go back and read what i said and blaming them, I myself would be going back and reading it, and see I didnt articulate(copy and pasted from above, didnt have to spell check)myself correctly and take responsibilty for it.

At least that how a red neck hillbilly backwoods 12th grade public school educated commen sense old fart hard working man, who provied a good life for his family and himself with what the government would let him keep and they didnt take from him and his family to give to other unwilling to care for themselves from tessessee see it.

Dale, you got it. He backpealed on every single post, one right after the other. All anybody has to do is re-read his posts in order and it's right there for all to see.

#3024370 - 11/09/12 06:40 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
I don't have a college degree, yet I make more than my mother who is in the Education field with 2 masters degrees. I am business partners with people who are in their 20's and RETIRED, earning multiple 6 figure range a month.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the President doesn't control your income...YOU DO. Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL YOUR OWN FINANCIAL SITUATION. There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden. I know that for a fact! I look forward to tax season now!

There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden.

Care to name them sinde you KNOW it for a fact??

#3024378 - 11/09/12 06:45 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
Dale3
8 Point

I don't have a college degree, yet I make more than my mother who is in the Education field with 2 masters degrees. I am business partners with people who are in their 20's and RETIRED, earning multiple 6 figure range a month.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the President doesn't control your income...YOU DO. Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL YOUR OWN FINANCIAL SITUATION. There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden. I know that for a fact! I look forward to tax season now!

you better be taken care of your mama, or this old man gonna come kick your behind
Just kidding, but i do have a couple of sons who need your help, then i be kicking thier behinds if tyhey didnt take care of thier mama and me LOL

Edited by Dale3 (11/09/12 06:49 AM)

#3024410 - 11/09/12 07:05 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
Dale3
8 Point

you better be taken care of your mama, or this old man gonna come kick your behind
Just kidding, but i do have a couple of sons who need your help, then i be kicking thier behinds if tyhey didnt take care of thier mama and me LOL

Dale, my mom is taken well care of. She is a member of my business team and makes as much, or a little more each week working part time with me than she does at her regular J.O.B.. \:\)

I was just messing with ya, glad for you and your mother

#3024478 - 11/09/12 07:50 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

There are actually businesses out there you can own that makes taxes REWARDING instead of a burden.

Care to name them sinde you KNOW it for a fact??

Check out the tax advantages for owning a home based business.

EVERY mile you drive working your biz you are paid back 55.5 cents a mile(Actually went up this year). A portion of your house payment, utilities, cell phone bills, etc (based on the size of the office in your house) is a write off. Clothing, food on business trips, meetings, etc is all written off. To name a few.

Last year, after 9 months working my new business, I made nearly 6 figures. I didn't pay but $1,280 in taxes.

The tax laws are on the books, for all to learn and use them to your advantage.

I've been doing that for the last 10 years, my brother has been doing that since 1972, they made changes certain tax laws since then.

What your talking about is "tax WRITE-OFFS" or "LOOPHOLES".

Better check with your CPA again. You can ONLY claim a certain portion on each item you list and not all of it. You can have a 300,000 square foot house and a 200,000 square foot office in that same house and you can only claim a "small" part of that in your taxes.

One thing for sure, if your CPA is doing it wrong it WILL catch up to YOU and YOU pay it all.

#3024498 - 11/09/12 08:02 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

I'm not going to bash you - and at this point seeing as you already have the debt, following my advice below is moot...

What I advocate is that anyone who wishes to obtain higher ed - they should work before college in order to save money up for it; then work during college to pay for it. When the money runs out, pull out of school until sufficient funds are available. This takes planning and sacrifice - a couple of things many abhor.

Now, this will force a budget upon the youngling teaching this person a lot more about life than just partying with the college buds. It will also weed out those who really don't have the ability to obtain a college degree; don't have the desire to obtain a college degree; or both.

College education is not for everyone. Just as universal suffrage has forever damaged our political system, trying to get 100% of the populace to be college grads has damaged our higher education system.

Focusing upon tech and vocational schools are another path that I highly advocate

#3024520 - 11/09/12 08:17 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: TennesseeRains]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Not one path is good for all. I'm 30 years old. Have a house with some acreage, couple cars, family, 2 kids, and a good job. The path I took worked great for me. The only debt I have is the remaining student loan and my house.

I know of lot of people I went to High School with that took the route of getting a job and trying to go to college when they can. They are still in the same job and don't have enough credits to get an Associates. On the flip side my Dad doesn't have a degree and makes more money than I do working on the railroad. But what gives you a better chance in life. A degree or not having one?

Oh and I never once flip flopped anything I said and I stick to it. Go back and READ with those paid off college degrees and experienced business minds you are so proud of.

It's like reading Fox News in here. Is Karl Rove still saying Romney can win Ohio?

#3024929 - 11/09/12 11:40 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

That portion I have highlighted above is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin. Let's just say for now that it is evidence of the cultural/generational divide and the entitlement mentality at the root of many of the problems that threaten to bring this nation down around our heads.

#3024930 - 11/09/12 11:42 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Wildcat. Thanks for the concern, but had you read my post carefully, you would have seen that I said a portion of those van be written off. Seeing as my CPA world for the IRS for 30 years, I would guess she knows what she is doing.

Young I would not use that statement as a fact. Working for the IRS makes no matter on weather they know what they are doing. I have seen where the IRS can not agree with each other on what is deductible. Also you would be amazed on the times the IRS is wrong. Also what they did in the IRS matters on if they even have knowledge of the code. Some agents have never read the code as a lot of tax prepares have not read any of it. Also the CPA behind a name does not mean they understand all the law either. But it does say they have a general knowledge and can memorize some of it. \:\)

#3024956 - 11/09/12 12:00 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
de novo
10 Point

Last year, after 9 months working my new business, I made nearly 6 figures. I didn't pay but $1,280 in taxes.

The tax laws are on the books, for all to learn and use them to your advantage.

Does this $1280 include Social Security and Medicaid or only federal income taxes?

#3024965 - 11/09/12 12:06 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: In the Middle of no where

Edited by Encore Eye Candy (11/09/12 12:06 PM)

#3024988 - 11/09/12 12:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
waynesworld
8 Point

When you make a statement on the tax law being clear about anything that shows you do not know the law.

Funny you mention science

Albert Einstein admitted, "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

#3025022 - 11/09/12 12:28 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Ok where are the laws for home based business deductions. I will give you a tip it is not a publication printed by the IRS.
#3025044 - 11/09/12 12:37 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
waynesworld
8 Point

None of that web site has the law in it. It is just someone idea's on what are deductible and what are not. As I stated before it is not as clear as you think. Now you may claim some things that an agent may challenge but you may also not be claiming some things that you could.

All that is not to turn people off of owning there own business as that is a great sealing of being your own boss. But you have to understand that some things are not as clear as you may think. Taxes is one of them and the fact that someone worked for the IRS doesn't mean they know what they are doing as a statement of fact. The person you have may be the best person in the word on taxes I don't know or care. If you are happy with them then that is what matters. As the fact is if you are audited you will be the only one responsible for what is on the paper.

#3025045 - 11/09/12 12:39 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Bambi Buster]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Many of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.

That portion I have highlighted above is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin. Let's just say for now that it is evidence of the cultural/generational divide and the entitlement mentality at the root of many of the problems that threaten to bring this nation down around our heads.

I'll bite. Tie that into entitlement for me.

You cannot tell me that everyone who joins the military did so as their first option in life. A lot of kids sign up because they have no other job prospects and no chance at school. A recruitment officer - many of who are as slick as used car salesmen - convince them to sign up. They sign up to better their lives. If they did it soley for love of God and country you would see more military careers instead 4 and out - they get their benefits and leave.

Serving in the military is an honorable thing. It's a sacrifice. One MOST would not have made if they had other viable options. If you read into that to the point you think I am saying something different - that's your problem.

So please explain to me why it is wrong. In detail. On so many levels. Change my mind on it. I am completely up for being wrong, but 'God and Country' and 'obligation' is not a valid reason.

#3025048 - 11/09/12 12:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Encore Eye Candy

LOL. True story. I was thinking the other day about all these 'young' democratic nations we are trying to spawn and the crooked people taking charge... It's not that different then here.. they just are more polished turds.

#3025049 - 11/09/12 12:41 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
waynesworld
8 Point

A young I have a masters in Accounting with the specialty in tax and I don't need to know where it is I have been over it a lot. That is why I am saying it is not as easy as people think. That is why we get to charge the rates we do for doing taxes \:\)
#3025064 - 11/09/12 12:49 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Yeah but HR Block says maximum refund... GUARANTEED.

#3025073 - 11/09/12 12:57 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

Yeah but HR Block says maximum refund... GUARANTEED.

Obama said unemployment would be what \:\)

#3025090 - 11/09/12 01:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: ]
waynesworld
8 Point

Now that I would agree with you young not that all people in H&R block are bad just not trained for what you pay for. Now days it is not that hard to do simple taxes for yourself.

O and I wont need the number just yet but if my alzheimer's kicks in maybe in the future \:\)

#3025107 - 11/09/12 01:26 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: waynesworld]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

H&R Block has no accuracy guarantee and if they screw up your taxes, YOU are responsible for penalties and fees.

Most other tax services stand by their product. NOT H&R Block. Ask my parents. They got nailed for 14K worth of back taxes, interest, penalties and fees. because H&R did not file one of my dad's W2's properly and they got audited 5 years later.

#3025184 - 11/09/12 02:09 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Many of those get forced to join the military because they have no other option.

I'll bite. Tie that into entitlement for me.

Your use of the word "forced" strongly implies that there is something unjust about a nation requiring service in return for a free or reduced-price education. It essentially says that all citizens should be entitled to a collge education with no strings attached and nothing required or expected in return just by virtue of the fact that they were born here. That is an entitlement mentality. Also, contrary to your statement, there are other options, Hope scholarships being one that comes immediately to mind.

You cannot tell me that everyone who joins the military did so as their first option in life. A lot of kids sign up because they have no other job prospects and no chance at school. A recruitment officer - many of who are as slick as used car salesmen - convince them to sign up. They sign up to better their lives. If they did it soley for love of God and country you would see more military careers instead 4 and out - they get their benefits and leave.

Serving in the military is an honorable thing. It's a sacrifice. One MOST would not have made if they had other viable options. If you read into that to the point you think I am saying something different - that's your problem.

Your authoritative, arbitrary and broadly general statement about the motivations and options of "MOST" who joined the military leads me to wonder how many of those who have joined since 09/11/2001 are among those you associate with on a regular basis and know well. I will go out on a limb and speculate that it's very few.

So please explain to me why it is wrong. In detail. On so many levels. Change my mind on it. I am completely up for being wrong, but 'God and Country' and 'obligation' is not a valid reason.

If I have to explain the wrongness of your contention that God and Country and obligation are not valid reasons, you would not understand. That contention reinforces my point about the existence of a cultural/generational divide. There is also the matter of the obligation vs. entitlement. If I have to explain that, you also would not understand.
I did not contend that "everyone" who joined the military did so out of patriotic fervor or because it was their first option. I can speak primarily of the very many I know who upon enlistment chose a branch of service and an MOS that virtually guaranteed they would see combat, even though many other far less dangerous MOS options were available to them. Your statments above are elitest, condescending and an insult to all of them, many of whom came from solidly middle class or higher backgrounds. Your rhetoric reminds me of John Kerry's. See video at link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

#3025210 - 11/09/12 02:23 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
waynesworld
8 Point

Crappie that is a lot of taxes and fee's did they settle with the IRS? I am not sure on all tax services but I know some stand behind there calculations. Meaning if the data in is correct then they guarantee the tax will be calculated correctly. A lot of problem I have seen from errors are actually people not claiming deductions that they should be able to but the person taking the info in the beginning did not answer the right questions.

In your parents case if it was really 5 years after they filled there was actually a statue of limitations issue they may have been able to use to get out of it. Just FYI the normal SOL is 3 years after you file. If you understated your income more then 25% then it would be 6 yrs. The IRS will try to get people after the 3 yr mark some times unless you call them on it. That actually happened to me this year. When I filled my taxes a ssn was transposed and it rejected a dependent. When I finally got through to them they corrected it and said I did not owe nothing. Then he said we do have a issue with your 2006 taxes. I told him I am sorry but as the SOL has expired on them I have destroyed them \:\) He then said ok well I will just mark it as settled because of time.

The moral of that is never admit to having anything or agree to anything tell you look into SOL.

#3025227 - 11/09/12 02:34 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Bambi Buster]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

So you did read too much into it. Awesome. I didn't say it wasn't a good deal or a viable option - i said it wasn't a first choice for 'a lot'.

There is definitely a generational divide. Have you seen the elections? Where is the youth vote?

God and Country are GREAT reasons to join the military, but I have to say that the number of those enlisted due to this reason is a small percentage. 9/11 attacks were 10 years ago. Those people who signed up have served and are out. Did 'God and Country' peak during that time - I am 100% sure it did. But kids signing up now were less than 10 years old and learn about 9/11 in school.

'A lot' of these sign up because its a job and they can get a better education. Some sign up because they get to shoot guns and blow stuff up. Some sign up because of God and Country. Some sign up because its what their Dad did and it's kinda expected. Some sign up because they want to help other countries. Some sign up because they can get citizenship.

I'm repeating myself I know. But reading and comprehending is tough to come by these days.

#3025231 - 11/09/12 02:35 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Crappie Luck]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

H&R Block has no accuracy guarantee and if they screw up your taxes, YOU are responsible for penalties and fees.

Most other tax services stand by their product. NOT H&R Block. Ask my parents. They got nailed for 14K worth of back taxes, interest, penalties and fees. because H&R did not file one of my dad's W2's properly and they got audited 5 years later.

You missed the joke, but are you sure?

http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/products/software/popups/accurate_calculations_guarantee_software.html

Edit* this has to do with the algorithms used to calculate the refund. It doesnt not gaurantee you will not screw up entering the info.

Edited by DntBrnDPig (11/09/12 02:37 PM)
Edit Reason: accuracy

#3025250 - 11/09/12 02:52 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

you would be surprised the number of people think that when they go to a H&R block that any mistakes that are made that H&R will pay for under that guarantee but we are a gullible nation \:\) we just proved that.
#3025272 - 11/09/12 03:12 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

So you did read too much into it. Awesome. I didn't say it wasn't a good deal or a viable option - i said it wasn't a first choice for 'a lot'.

There is definitely a generational divide. Have you seen the elections? Where is the youth vote?

God and Country are GREAT reasons to join the military, but I have to say that the number of those enlisted due to this reason is a small percentage. 9/11 attacks were 10 years ago. Those people who signed up have served and are out. Did 'God and Country' peak during that time - I am 100% sure it did. But kids signing up now were less than 10 years old and learn about 9/11 in school.

'A lot' of these sign up because its a job and they can get a better education. Some sign up because they get to shoot guns and blow stuff up. Some sign up because of God and Country. Some sign up because its what their Dad did and it's kinda expected. Some sign up because they want to help other countries. Some sign up because they can get citizenship.

I'm repeating myself I know. But reading and comprehending is tough to come by these days.

...As is the ability to write and speak concisely. The same can be said for any understanding of the concepts of service, obligation and earning worthwhile things rather than being entitled to them. It's all part of the cultural/generational divide of which I wrote.

#3025336 - 11/09/12 03:46 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Bambi Buster]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

I understand that you're a military guy, and obviously proud of it. And that's awesome. But the fact remains - people sign up for various reasons. I'm not sure why that upsets you or how that makes me entitled.

I have a friend who served in the Marines. He joined because he had lost his job and his wife and needed a 'fresh start' and a job. He went to Iraq - the second time.

He is a devout Christian but didn't join for 'God and Country' as his primary reason. Is his service any less righteous to you?

#3025401 - 11/09/12 04:34 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

I understand that you're a military guy, and obviously proud of it. And that's awesome. But the fact remains - people sign up for various reasons. I'm not sure why that upsets you or how that makes me entitled.

I have a friend who served in the Marines. He joined because he had lost his job and his wife and needed a 'fresh start' and a job. He went to Iraq - the second time.

He is a devout Christian but didn't join for 'God and Country' as his primary reason. Is his service any less righteous to you?

First and by far most importantly, I am not a military guy. I detest posers and never want to be mistaken for one. Though that was an incorrect assumption on your part, I can understand how you might have made it since I post frequently on military topics. Never once have I claimed or even hinted insofar as I know, here or elsewhere, that I served in the military. I do have the privilege of counting among my friends a great many who did and currently do. I make no apologies for being supportive, defensive and protective of them.

Having made that clear I hope, on to the matter at hand. I have literally several dozen friends who served in the Marine Corps and nearly as many in the Army. Nearly all are combat arms MOSs if you know what that means. I know of not a single one among them who was "forced" to join the military because it was his only other option for college. If you recall it was that contention of yours that prompted my original post. According to your story , that was not your friend's motivation either.

As for the "righteous" of your USMC friend's service, I do not recall having previously made reference to righteousness, nor in the case of the service of someone I've never met and know nothing about, would I presume to. Something about "reading into" and reading comprehension comes to mind here.

One other thing. Although motivations for enlisting vary, those who have seen combat, fired shots in anger, and returned fire will tell you it is ultimately not about God, country, apple pie, flag, baseball or tuituion assistance. It is about the men fighting alongside you. That, however, was not the subject of this discussion.

#3025486 - 11/09/12 05:59 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Bambi Buster]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

First and by far most importantly, I am not a military guy. I detest posers and never want to be mistaken for one. Though that was an incorrect assumption on your part, I can understand how you might have made it since I post frequently on military topics. Never once have I claimed or even hinted insofar as I know, here or elsewhere, that I served in the military. I do have the privilege of counting among my friends a great many who did and currently do. I make no apologies for being supportive, defensive and protective of them.

Having made that clear I hope, on to the matter at hand. I have literally several dozen friends who served in the Marine Corps and nearly as many in the Army. Nearly all are combat arms MOSs if you know what that means. I know of not one who was "forced" to join the military because it was his only other option for college. If you recall it was that contention of yours that prompted my original post. According to your story , that was not your friend's motivation either.

As for the "righteous" of your USMC friend's service, I do not recall having previously made reference to righteousness, nor in the case of the service of someone I've never met and know nothing about, would I presume to. Something about "reading into" and reading comprehension comes to mind here.

One other thing. Although motivations for enlisting vary, those who have seen combat, fired shots in anger, and returned fire will tell you it is ultimately not about God, country, apple pie, flag, baseball or tuituion assistance. It is about the men fighting alongside you. That, however, was not the subject of this discussion.

Bambi Buster might not have served in the military, but he serves those who do. Bambi Buster had a long career in law enforcement and was on the front lines in this country on a daily basis and was willing to sacrifice his life for guys like me; nonmilitary and not in law enforcement. That in my eyes and heart is as good as our troops.

My son is in the military and is surrounded by young men who joined the service for love of country, nothing else. Now he is looking to exit the military because of his unwillingness to serve under the command of our current and future CIC.

My father and father in law both served in the military for their love of this country. My father in law was a P.O.W. in Germany. He is buried in the Florida National Cemetery. We will make our annual Veterans Day trek up there this Sunday out of respect for his sacrifice and all of the outstanding Americans surrounding him I have multiple cousins who are currently in the military for love of country. To say "most" of our troops sign up for "free stuff" is an insult to them and an insult to my family.

But then again, you are right. Here is some of the "free stuff" he received:

#3025546 - 11/09/12 06:51 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Thanks for your son's service and families sacrifices. My intention is not to insult your family.

Based on my own experiences and my own conversations with newly enlisted kids about why they joined the Navy, Reserve, Air Force, Army, Marines - the amount of kids who said 'I love my country' can be counted on one hand (maybe even one finger).

If that is true about your sons peers, that's awesome.

#3025580 - 11/09/12 07:12 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Not one path is good for all. I'm 30 years old. Have a house with some acreage, couple cars, family, 2 kids, and a good job. The path I took worked great for me. The only debt I have is the remaining student loan and my house.

I know of lot of people I went to High School with that took the route of getting a job and trying to go to college when they can. They are still in the same job and don't have enough credits to get an Associates. On the flip side my Dad doesn't have a degree and makes more money than I do working on the railroad. But what gives you a better chance in life. A degree or not having one?

Oh and I never once flip flopped anything I said and I stick to it. Go back and READ with those paid off college degrees and experienced business minds you are so proud of.

It's like reading Fox News in here. Is Karl Rove still saying Romney can win Ohio?

BS.

You went from 85K to 35K and said you was a Republican and then a Libertarian. That's just two things, the rest of your posts are the same over and over. You backpeal so much that you seem to be trying to pass Rachel Maddow record of bacpealing.

#3025611 - 11/09/12 07:20 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Again you're deaf not blind. Read. Which is what post over and over.

Quote me where I said I had 85k in debt, please. I vote Republican but would have voted Paul if he had a chance in Hades.

Glad to see the bitter old man is back though.

#3025633 - 11/09/12 07:27 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Again you're deaf not blind. Read. Which is what post over and over.

Quote me where I said I had 85k in debt, please. I vote Republican but would have voted Paul if he had a chance in Hades.

Glad to see the bitter old man is back though.
Nope, I'm not the only one that called you out. EVERYBODY did. YOU are the blind one. The sad thing about it is you are blind to yourself while everybody sees it and has posted about it. no wonder your complaining about your school loans, they didn't teach you anything.

#3025639 - 11/09/12 07:29 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Hey, I'm Republican.. but really? How can you deny that this is the least productive congress...

See this???

YOU did say you was a Republican.

I'm watching the UK-Maryland game

#3025737 - 11/09/12 08:17 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

I vote Republican. There are really only two viable options right? What good does a vote do for Paul?

I think the reason everyone jumped on me, besides me trolling, is because there is a little bit of life shattering disbelief that everything you hold dear is not a popular opinion anymore. Trumpitis. Wiki page pending.

Plus, someone *cough* said that I wanted the government to pay for my Education and then like flies on stink a bunch more of you latched on to lay little eggs. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It helps me when I talk about politics to my democratic friends and they lay out Republican stereotypes. I see where they come from now. And yes, I have Democratic friends that i have not deleted from my Facebook account because I think differently or they have a different idea about America.

#3025876 - 11/09/12 09:47 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
waynesworld
8 Point

So what is your experence on conversations with enlisted kids?
I would bet with mine I could not count on both hands the ones that joined and said or talked about the love of country was reason for joining. But I will tell you that collage is not the top reason not even close. I know you may have all the answers But I was a RINC for a med station in OK and put over 100 kids in myself. People say the collage benifit when they are telling there parents that they want to join or the teachers that try to talk them out of it.

But your comment about kids joining the military because they have to for an education was wrong.

Thanks for your son's service and families sacrifices. My intention is not to insult your family.

Based on my own experiences and my own conversations with newly enlisted kids about why they joined the Navy, Reserve, Air Force, Army, Marines - the amount of kids who said 'I love my country' can be counted on one hand (maybe even one finger).

If that is true about your sons peers, that's awesome.

#3026045 - 11/10/12 07:03 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

I vote Republican. There are really only two viable options right? What good does a vote do for Paul?

I think the reason everyone jumped on me, besides me trolling, is because there is a little bit of life shattering disbelief that everything you hold dear is not a popular opinion anymore. Trumpitis. Wiki page pending.

Plus, someone *cough* said that I wanted the government to pay for my Education and then like flies on stink a bunch more of you latched on to lay little eggs. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It helps me when I talk about politics to my democratic friends and they lay out Republican stereotypes. I see where they come from now. And yes, I have Democratic friends that i have not deleted from my Facebook account because I think differently or they have a different idea about America.

NO thats not why, except in your own mind apprently. Your the one who needs to go back and READ your own post. On school loans you post
"They are lobbying so people, like me, who graduated college don't spend the rest of their life paying off student loan debt"
and you also complain about how much your medical care cost.

Then your very next post about student loans is
"There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go? Good solution. Then we can all work at Walmart and outsource all the technology and science jobs out to other countries"

WE dont know and we cant read your mind, and seeing as how you DIDNT say, your refuring to something you read or saw in the news about 80k loans and not yourself, when you just said before that how YOU and others shouldnt have to pay on laons for the rest of your life
ANYONE like all of us, who read that , would get from it, your talking about free educations or at the very least help paying your loans off and that you had loans for 80k.
Its not till much later you complain about paying your loans of 35k.
Saying EVERYONE cant comprehend, read, blind, ect.... NO you just dont , or didnt articulate very well, or you dont write what your thinking and think we should know what your thinking and ment, and then you slam everyone for not knowing what you were thinking and ment, claim we're not capable of comprehending your writings.

If you read what you wrote, and not thinking and knowing what you did, you have come to the very same conclusions as us.

Like i said before, im not very smart and dont claim to be, but some of these people on here your acussing of lacking the ability to comprehend, are pretty intelligent people, thier not mind readers like you must assume they should be, but there are some with very good intelligents on here.
You misrepersented your thoughts. Worse part you keep telling everyone to read read read, which when we do, we still reach the same conclusions, seeing as how you didnt bother to put in writing what you knew and were thinking.

I'm not a good debater and i know it, you seem to think you are, maybe I'm wrong about that , but that what i get from you. TIP. Good debaters dont name call or try to belittle those thier debating. I might do something like that myself, but like i said i sux at debtaing.

Edited by Dale3 (11/10/12 07:12 AM)

#3026484 - 11/10/12 02:16 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

your very next post about student loans is
"There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go?

ANYONE like all of us, who read that , would get from it, your talking about free educations or at the very least help paying your loans off

This is what you just said. I just cleaned it up to make sure it stood out. By 'middle grounds of paying the rest of your life and affordable education' - you came up with me referring to free education? I'm sorry but yes, apparently it is all in my mind, that in no way that says or infers free education or you paying my bills.

Thinking outside of the box it could mean putting limits on educational loans, low interest loans, could be tax breaks for completing various degrees of education the same way you do for having a kid or buying a house. Money saved could go towards loans.

I'm sorry the $80k comment WAS misleading. I was throwing out a familiar number - I do see how everyone could have thought so. But once I clarified - the confusion should have been cleared up and we could have talked about something constructive like ways to make education affordable and a viable options WITHOUT getting someone to pay their loans. Instead people just seem to want to argue what I did not / did say even after clarification. Even if I was complaining at the cost of Education and Health Care - so what? It's friggin high.

I probably egged it on, so I apologize for that. There is a fight or flight instinct in everyone - I very rarely get the flight even though I should.

#3026545 - 11/10/12 03:07 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

your very next post about student loans is
"There is a middle ground between paying for the rest of your life for $80k worth of school debt and affordable education. No one can afford $80k. So no one should go?

ANYONE like all of us, who read that , would get from it, your talking about free educations or at the very least help paying your loans off

This is what you just said. I just cleaned it up to make sure it stood out. By 'middle grounds of paying the rest of your life and affordable education' - you came up with me referring to free education? I'm sorry but yes, apparently it is all in my mind, that in no way that says or infers free education or you paying my bills.

Thinking outside of the box it could mean putting limits on educational loans, low interest loans, could be tax breaks for completing various degrees of education the same way you do for having a kid or buying a house. Money saved could go towards loans.

I'm sorry the $80k comment WAS misleading. I was throwing out a familiar number - I do see how everyone could have thought so. But once I clarified - the confusion should have been cleared up and we could have talked about something constructive like ways to make education affordable and a viable options WITHOUT getting someone to pay their loans. Instead people just seem to want to argue what I did not / did say even after clarification. Even if I was complaining at the cost of Education and Health Care - so what? It's friggin high.

I probably egged it on, so I apologize for that. There is a fight or flight instinct in everyone - I very rarely get the flight even though I should.

There you go again, thinking we should know what your thinking instead of you saying what your thinking. Also I said but you chose not to refer to that part, i said "or at the very least help paying your loans off" Now if you would think outside the box, this could mean many different ways of help on your loans you were speaking of. LOL

Its alright, you just made alot of assumptions that we should know what you knew and were thinking, we could have talked about something constructive like ways to make education affordable and a viable options once you cleared it up , but you were to busy calling everyone crazy and unable to comprehend ect.... for not being mind readers.

PS i KNOW you didnt use the word crazy, so dont go there

Edited by Dale3 (11/10/12 03:21 PM)

#3026571 - 11/10/12 03:49 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Dale, lol.. I have no clue what that means. I think I am at fault for having the assumption people were critical thinkers.

I wish I would have led the thought process more instead of reacting to statements like "so NOW you want US to pay for YOUR loans! Rabble rabble rabble" (which I didn't use that word.. but i thought it :-) ) If the conversation would have went there this wouldn't have been such a colossal waste of time.

I'm done with it anyway.. This thread should be labeled 'Group Think' instead of Political Discussion.

Good luck with the deer season (and the next 4 years).

#3026635 - 11/10/12 04:59 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: farmin68]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: AndyW

When the dung for brains and lazy takers out number the common sense working makers.... it will happen every time.

Originally Posted By: Kevin B.
The election showed in clear detail the moral decline of this country. It is no longer a country that has God and the Holy Bible as its Standard!!!!! Oh yes...there are still Christians here. There are still God fearing men here. But last nite proved the we are a minority now. Americas now has an immoral majority.
I was looking at Facebook this morning. I discovered that the church that my momma went to before succumbing to Alzhemier's (she is bedfast now, with a feeding tube, here at the house, like she wanted it, with me as her primary caregiver) is pastored by a lady (???) named Helen who is a staunch supporter of Hussein Obama. I also have a sister who is an out-of-the-closet lesbian who also is a staunch supporter of Obama (naturally). The Facebook update said: Helen So and so (pastor of momma's church) and So an so Blankenship (my sister) LIKED a link. It was a Victory link of Obama. I was not surprised about my sisters support of his liberal agenda. But the Pastor of a church??? My own momma's church??? Personally, I share Paul the Apostle's views about who SHOULD and and who SOULD NOT hold positions of leadership in the church. In short: We are drifting away, rapidly, from a Bible-based country. And yes, we WERE a Bible based country at one point.
Look at the old sit coms and weekly series TV shows of he 50's and 60's. Husband and wife weren't even seen in the same bed!!!! Now, you can flip on your TV and instantly see fornication, homosexuality in action, and all manner of avarice goes flooding through your eye-gate and into your head. It is THEN that a decision should be made. Is what I am looking at OKAY? Or is it unacceptable for a God-fearing man to look at it?
I SHOULD say that the remote should be snatched away from its holder and the tube flicked off. But better yet, a small sledge hammer should be used on the screen. Or better yet, tape targets to the screen and haul it to the local range. Use that shiny new Ruger 10-22 on it. But do I do that? No. I'm a freakin hypocrite. But I'll say this much. With God's help, I'm going to start living my life according to what that BOOK says. I refuse to go down with the ship. And I refuse to take that BROAD path which leads to destruction. This is just what I'm feeing today. I hope and pray to God that I can live up to Godly standards.

Originally Posted By: farmin68
Rush just summed it up as well as it can be .... It's hard to beat Santa Claus when a country has so many dependent children voting.

YEA ALL THE ABOVE SUMS IT UP SOMEWHAT. WE ARE NOT THE MAJORITY NOW WE ARE LOST.

#3026918 - 11/10/12 08:10 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Locksley]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

YES! So where can we compromise to get votes back?! It WILL take compromise. What programs are worth keeping?

I loved Romney's statement in the 'Big Bird' debate. With ever decision you gotta ask "is this worth borrowing money from China?".

It's gonna be a hard one to swallow. But if we dont, do you think the majority is going to change their mind?

#3027122 - 11/10/12 11:56 PM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Tnscooter63
6 Point

Loc: Oakland TN

Compromise isnt the answer...Bring the media to a place where it isnt bias again possibly thru thier sponsers. Maybe a boycott or petition to atleast get thier attention. Emphasize of the good we can and do and not what others perceive as the bad we always do. There is alot we could have done differently including not talking about rape, especially if you cant articulate a sensible sentence. But compromise has always be perceived as weakness to libs and gotten us trashed. And most of all would be to keep working on stopping polls fraud.

Edited by Tnscooter63 (11/10/12 11:57 PM)

#3027205 - 11/11/12 07:29 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Tnscooter63]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

That's definitely an option. But if it doesnt work then there is the risk of 16 years of being out of touch, out dated. Then 16 year of work would be harder to 'un do'. You know what I mean?

Obviously any voting fraud would be horrible. But focusing on it would increase the perception of the Republican Conspiracy Theorists. I know Trump and his Kenyan charge had good intentions but if further separated potential voters, IMO.

#3027294 - 11/11/12 08:15 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Tnscooter63]
Dale3
8 Point

How about instead compromise, a of a middle of the road moderate, we run a conservative on being conservative, who not a stick in the mud, someone who can fire people up, get people excited, make them beleave he can feel thier pain, relate too, for the people who vote on emotion. Someone who a great speaker/preacher, pump up the people, take it to the opponent,call them out kind of leader. Someone who you dont fall asleep while he's talking, but makes you want to hear more.

Compromise is why we are where we are.
Compromise is nothing more than flip flopping.
Compromise is a moderate canidate.
Compromise is what caused, what was it 16-17 millon of the base not to vote in 2008.
Compromise cause even 3 millon less to turn out in 2012.
Compromise is what Romney did in 3rd debate, and when he lost the race.
Compromise is why we cant even get the republican conservative voters to turn out, thier sick and tired of it.
Until you can get your own voting base to turn out and support you, you dont need to be worring about how to compromise to get votes from the other side.
Every time we compromised, by running such a canidate, we've lost. You think we learn.
Everytime the Dem's have won, it's been with a I feel your pain, someone people relate to kind of guy. Heck i even liked Clinton,as sorry as he was. He just has that kind of personality.
Everytime they won, we had a stick in the mud moderate,cause we thought we needed to compromise.
We can get all the votes we need from the other side with someone people can relate too, someone who fires them up, someone who make them beleave he can feel thier pain. Most of them,not all, vote on emotions, not policy. They didnt know or care what they stood for, just how they looked and sounded and made them feel.

Edited by Dale3 (11/11/12 08:42 AM)

#3027369 - 11/11/12 09:03 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Dale3]
Locksley
16 Point

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Flanders_Fields

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=flanders+field+&qpvt=flanders+field+&FORM=IGRE

Edited by Locksley (11/11/12 09:03 AM)

#3027374 - 11/11/12 09:07 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Locksley]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

That's a great poem. But is this about Veterans Day or symbolic for something else?

#3027385 - 11/11/12 09:21 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Locksley
16 Point

That's a great poem. But is this about Veterans Day or symbolic for something else?

IT IS VETERANS DAY . I Think we can remember the ones that gave their all so we can debate why they served in the wars our country has been in . I served because I thought it was the right thing to do and my fathers and uncles all served in WW-II all but the two working on Oak-ridge. I know some that ran off to Canada and became politicians later after the Vietnam war and Jimmy Carter pardoned them all . Well but that seemed a cowards way out to me.

#3027442 - 11/11/12 09:57 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: Locksley]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

I understand its Veterans Day. I didn't know if it was for Veterans Day (like the poem intended) or it was symbolic for the topic of discussion (i.e. 'Impending Death of America' at the hands of the Democrats) It kinda came out of no where and is deserving of its own thread.

That's why I asked. Thanks for your service - and your families dedication to serving.

#3027468 - 11/11/12 10:26 AM Re: Post here - you don't need a link [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Locksley
16 Point

I understand its Veterans Day. I didn't know if it was for Veterans Day (like the poem intended) or it was symbolic for the topic of discussion (i.e. 'Impending Death of America' at the hands of the Democrats) It kinda came out of no where and is deserving of its own thread.

That's why I asked. Thanks for your service - and your families dedication to serving.

WELL I gave it a thread on the General forum SO the sacrifices of the past generations will be seen by the new ones.

Page all of 22 12345>Last »

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (wolfpack, JWhite1301) and 74 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.039 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.