Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3020437 - 11/07/12 03:53 AM Life goes on
LUNGBLOOD
4 Point

Loc: Soddy Daisy

I normally don't post in this forum. Politics just turns me off so bad. I voted for Romney because he was to me the lesser of two evils. The biggest question I have this morning before I go sit in a stand all day is. Was he the best candidate that the republicans could come up with? I have been a republican up until this point but quiet frankly I am really sick of the whole two party system and the way our government goes about its business. I am 45 years old and after this election I have just simply had enough of both democrats and republicans. I will always vote because of the great sacrifices that have been made for me to do so but my vote will never again be based on political party. The system is in need of a complete overhaul. I am an American citizen and I am sick and tired of it. I guess I am an independent now. That is all. Carry on folks and have a great and safe hunting season.
#3020441 - 11/07/12 04:25 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: LUNGBLOOD]
Tar12
4 Point

Loc: USA Indiana

You are not the only one that feels that way my friend.It is all about the PARTY and keeping their jobs. No elected official appears to have our interests in mind.There has to be a better way.
#3020449 - 11/07/12 04:58 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: Tar12]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I feel pretty much the same. When the "conservative" party tries to promote a "middle of the road" candidate, a good percentage of that conservative base will become disingenuous to the conservative banner imo. The lesser of two evils....yes, that's what I voted for too, but wasn't my candidate of choice from the beginning either.

On a side note, kinda, I believe America as a whole, has become blinded to the fact that evil exists, and wouldn't know it if it came up and asked them for their vote.... \:\(

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3020494 - 11/07/12 05:53 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: MUP]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Sure he was the guy who lost to the guy who lost to Obama in 2008. Those at the top of GOP, the GOP elite, are clueless! They got this Idea that moving to the middle, middle of the road is at people want, and what it takes to win. WRONG! when are tey going to get it. anyone should have beat Obama, but he played all of his cards,lied to the mass, and won.
Until the GOP gets conservitives, want a conservitive, not a middle of the road, move to the middle, somewhat conservitive!
Then they need to get this person needs to be a leader, this person needs to have come from nothing, to relate to those who have nothing, made it on thier own and not because they were born with a silver spoon. Someone who parents had nothing, so they could reach tthose people Herman Cain was the best the PUBS had. Like it or not, he was a self made man who came from nothing, he could have related to those people. He was fighting a first black president, race card would have been deleated, race card like it or not is why obama was elected and re-elected.
Obama won cause he was against the evil white rich man. Cain was not the smartest of those running, nor the most conservitive.
He was the best and only one who could of beat Obama. If Obama had been white, AONYONE could have beat him.
Paul was the most conservitive but he couldnt beat no one and his FP was insane, even though Paulys didnt see it. you cant be so selfish as to want and expect everything you want. You have to have someone who can appeal to a bigger base. GOP ELIET thinks that the middle.
After this and conservitives being so upset, i see a thrid party, and for many years the conservitive votes are going to be split between the GOP and the new third party and the libs are going to have a field day for many years until one comes out on top.

#3020507 - 11/07/12 06:11 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Sorry Dale but I don't agree.

The numbers don't lie. Obama won the left AND most of the middle which carried the day. Had Romney won the middle then he would have won.

Until that person everybody wants STEPS UP and runs the Republican Party cannot just pick one and push him like some people believe. He/she has to win in the primaries.

One thing is certain, a third party GUARANTES a liberal form of govt for years to come. The liberals KNOW this and every four years come out of the woodwork pushing a third party and write-ins while in truth they vote liberal themselves. We saw it here and on other talk forums several times.

Ron Paul did not turn me off to him, his cult did. Ryan Paul is my Senator and I did vote for him both in the primary and general election. He didn't have the cult folowing. IF he runs in 4 years and doesn't have the cult then I will vote for him again.

Everybody wants another Reagan. Reagan was a conservitive but he appealed to everybody across the board, he appealed to the strong conservitives, the middle and a lot of the democrats. THAT'S why he won both times.

#3020610 - 11/07/12 07:20 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: Wildcat]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Sorry Dale but I don't agree.

The numbers don't lie. Obama won the left AND most of the middle which carried the day. Had Romney won the middle then he would have won.

I'm afraid the middle is liberal. I think this country has shifted to a left leaning country, Well it proved it last night. There is no way unless this country is now a majority of liberal dumbmasses(in the words of neil bortz) that Obama could win AGAIN. I don't care who is running against him.

#3020692 - 11/07/12 08:17 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: huntinkev]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

Yep, the republican base was fired up. I know people that haven't voted in decades that pulled the lever for Romney.

The sad reality is we are now outnumbered. It was not that the conservative base stayed home, it's that the independents are actually liberals.

It is what it is.

#3020765 - 11/07/12 09:00 AM Re: Life goes on [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

I'll say this:

The coal industry will get theirs.

I'll never send a dime of my money to help ANY lib city or state or individual.

I know what states I will never spend a dime in.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (BamaProud, Bigg E, Deer Assassin, biglefty20, edtcase, stik, 12 invisible) and 142 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85678 Topics
1035395 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.214 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.