Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3020599 - 11/07/12 07:09 AM We are now officially outnumbered.
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

It's official. There are more takers than workers.

Believe it or not guys, I was once a Union Man. It wasn't by choice and at the time it made no difference to me... But I hope all of you will read and understand what I'm about to share.

When I was a starving college student, my dad worked as an accountant for International Paper Co. Between semesters, he would help me get a job working at the mill to earn money. The job was always temporary and the pay was very good. But in order to get those jobs, I had to go down to the union hall and sign up for apprentice jobs as a welder or pipefitter. I'll just skip the remaining details and make a short story a little longer...

I work hard. Always have. One night I was working as hard and fast as I could go and my Foreman "Hammerhead" as they called him came walking up to me and started yelling at me. He said, "Boy! if you keep working like that, you're gonna work yourself right out of a job! Slow down, and take your time!"

Over the years I've come to realize that I got ahead in life because I didn't listen to Hammerhead. But now, it's people like him that are in charge of everything. This country is ruined. We are no longer the USA that liberated the world in 1944. We are well on our way to being brought to our knees.

The Hammerheads are in charge. After last night I keep finding myself remembering the last few seconds of ""Invasion of the bodysnatchers" when Donald Sutherland points at his wife and sounds the alarm. From now on, all of us need to be careful what we say and careful of how we associate. Things are going to degrade to a much worse condition in the next 4 years. The dollar colapse will make the Greek financial meltdown look like a Sunday Picnic. See you all on the other side.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3020613 - 11/07/12 07:22 AM Re: We are now officially outnumbered. [Re: Rebel]
Kevin B.
8 Point

Loc: Hardin County

I agree with this. Because it makes sense. And because I FEEL something dreadful coming. I don't normally place much merit in my feelings, as it could be that I just need a TUMS or ROLAIDS. But I will say this: I, as a Conservative Republican, have been guilty of NOT watching and keeping up with the news. But who can ya trust these days? Yes...I watch the Fair and Unbalanced Fox news. But it seems that everyone has an agenda. I wish that we had a totally neutral news channel, 24 hrs a day, that was TOTALLY into sharing the news without putting a spin on it. So that I could have a resource for gathering facts and then making a decision on what to stand for or what NOT to stand for.
I hope that my post is not hi-jacking the essence of your thread. I fully agree with you. I am just using this moment to say that I am gonna start taking a more pro active roal on learning!!!! What is REALLY happening!!! And I DO see where the last 4 years have been very detrimental to our country. I just feel let down by my countrymen. Could the MAJORITY (who voted Obama back into office) REALLY be right? No....I don't think that they can be right. But I DO think that America is trending toward immoraltiy. I watch a TV channel called AntennaTV. All they show is the old shows. Adam 12. Dragnet. Father knows best. MAUDE (she's an early example of Hollywood taking up the Liberal agenda). I watch it just to see what ISSUE they are pushing in that episode. But by and large...when TV shows where black and white, there was MUCH more morality. Hollywood was careful not offend the moral majority. We were a majority back then. Now we are not. And like you said: We ARE officially outnumbered!!! And it grieves my guts! Great thread and thanks for starting it.

Edited by Kevin B. (11/07/12 07:23 AM)

#3020638 - 11/07/12 07:39 AM Re: We are now officially outnumbered. [Re: Kevin B.]
BluegrassDan
4 Point

Loc: Elizabethton, Carter County, T...

Kevin, I responded to one of your other posts, so I'll try not to be redundant.

People are no less moral today than they were back 50 years ago. The only difference is that they didn't talk about their "immoralities" publicly as often.

Ask any racial minorities if they'd like to go back to the days of the 1950s when they could be treated so badly by "the majority" you speak of.

#3020757 - 11/07/12 08:52 AM Re: We are now officially outnumbered. [Re: BluegrassDan]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BluegrassDan
People are no less moral today than they were back 50 years ago. The only difference is that they didn't talk about their "immoralities" publicly as often.

To that, I would say you are full of dung....

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (Hardwoodmaterials, tn gunman, Vermin93, m_allison71, spur necklace 3, DIRTTRAX, 4 invisible) and 89 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88137 Topics
1032497 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.265 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.