Topic Options
#3017640 - 11/05/12 07:22 PM Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
November "after the election" surprise

November surprise: EPA planning major post-election anti-coal regulation

President Obamaís Environmental Protection Agency has devoted an unprecedented number of bureaucrats to finalizing new anti-coal regulations that are set to be released at the end of November, according to a source inside the EPA.

More than 50 EPA staff are now crashing to finish greenhouse gas emission standards that would essentially ban all construction of new coal-fired power plants. Never before have so many EPA resources been devoted to a single regulation. The independent and non-partisan Manhattan Institute estimates that the EPAís greenhouse gas coal regulation will cost the U.S. economy $700 billion.

The rush is a major sign of panic by environmentalists inside the Obama administration. If Obama wins, the EPA would have another four full years to implement their anti-fossil fuel agenda. But if Romney wins, regulators will have a very narrow window to enact a select few costly regulations that would then be very hard for a President Romney to undo.

Environmentalists at the EPA pulled this trick before in 2000 when the Clinton administration rushed out a finding that Mercury emissions from power plants were a growing public health threat pursuant to the Clean Air Act. That finding did not regulate power plants itself, but it did force the Bush administration to begin a lengthy regulatory process. The Obama EPA has estimated that this regulation alone will cost the U.S. economy $10.9 billion a year.

Reached for comment, Romney spokesman Ryan Williams said:

President Obama wonít tell the voters of the Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania the truth about his plans to shut down the coal industry. Even after he loses on Tuesday, it appears that the President will still try to continue his efforts to kill their jobs and drive up their energy prices. Mitt Romney is committed to reversing the damage caused by the Obama Administrationís disastrous liberal agenda as soon as he takes office.

#3018289 - 11/06/12 07:57 AM Re: Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

If he's re elected today, he'll begin to implement his real agenda;

the destruction of Capitalism.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3018332 - 11/06/12 08:14 AM Re: Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket [Re: sgtwebb1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
 Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
If he's re elected today, he'll begin to implement his real agenda;

the destruction of Capitalism.

Even if he isn't defeated his lame duck session could be dangerous.

#3018377 - 11/06/12 08:29 AM Re: Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I don't think we can even grasp the damage a second obama term could do. He has a knack for doing end-runs around Congress, denies the obvious and sees the world through a controlling government glasses. Add the assault on fossil fuels to the new taxes, plus the cost of obamacare, and we're screwed. I have as much faith in his ability to meaningfully cut spending as I do in my ability to run a marathon.
#3018382 - 11/06/12 08:33 AM Re: Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

3%

#3018402 - 11/06/12 08:44 AM Re: Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama's master plan is to level the palying field. He will destroy this country's abaility to function as a "Superpower". In 4 years he has demolihed our economy. We have the largest known reserves of coal, natural gas and recently, we have retgained the advantage in oil reserves. Yet, Obama's policies have crippled us to the point that we turn back the heat in our homes and wait for the next increase in our utility bills.

If he gets reelected or not, it will be a decade or more before this country can get back to where it was economically. We could be energy independent, but instead we're being brought to our knees.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3018723 - 11/06/12 10:46 AM Re: Your electricity bills will necessarily skyrocket [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
3%

I'm all in

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AdamMcK, purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer
13113 Registered Users
Who's Online
77 registered (260rem, Team Browning, iowavf, Timber Ghost, jmoreland, mossyhorns300, 11 invisible) and 112 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13113 Members
42 Forums
89413 Topics
1045706 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.249 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.