Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3016548 - 11/05/12 08:12 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Crappie Luck]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

I apologize to everyone and for my poor choice of words in this thread and guess its better for me to stick to the classifieds.
#3016551 - 11/05/12 08:16 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Crappie Luck]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Interesting , I think GOD we still have a country and jobs at all here with the economy as it is.

#3016573 - 11/05/12 08:28 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: TITANSFAN2104
I apologize to everyone and for my poor choice of words in this thread and guess its better for me to stick to the classifieds.

Thanks. But no one wants you to leave.
This is a forum open to all ideas and opinions. We're not supposed to all agree and you will not be "run oft" because of your opinion.

I do not support unions and I do not agree with their tactics or politics.

But I'll defend your right to be wrong and to do so openly \:D

- Keep it real

#3016651 - 11/05/12 09:23 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: W C]
a retrohillbilly
6 Point

Loc: middle tn

Well, the Titans are union! \:D

#3016655 - 11/05/12 09:27 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: BMan
Actually non union promotes this even more than a union. Buddy system works in non union whereas it doesn't in a union shop.

Do you really believe that? If so, you need a good dose of reality.

Inequity exists everywhere - and unions are just as bad as non-union. Ever throw for a job and the guy who gets it was less worthy than you? Happens every day, doesn't it - but that's too inconvenient for you union drones to admit.

Stupidity is blindly supporting a union who is supposed to make things better, but only lines the pockets of those at the top while they screw the members and the employer. Time for you to put on your big boy undies and accept a few realities of life.

... Seriously...stupidity is defined by your above comment. Like I said the union does make things better where I'm at. JUst look at what you said, the stuff you describe is more rampant in a non union plant. Usually the one that is less worthy always gets the job in a non union simply because of the buddy system whereas if it is a contracted union job ,it goes to the person with the most seniority. What's not right about that ?? You do know a union contract is set forth by the employer and agreed upon by both parties?? So how is the employer getting screwed other than being held accountable for their part of the bargaining agreement ??

.....and have a inferiority complex because you can't make a grown man/woman scared for their job?? I see that all the time and its a humbling experience for bosses to walk through the door thinking they are god then to realize it doesn't work that way. Talk to us as people and not looking down on your employees will get you somewhere. And some people like you can't stand to be thought of as on the same level as someone else. Hope you don't with pro sports cause every one of those guys are union but I guess they don't deserve the money they make as well??

.......You need to open your eyes and do more homework or maybe talk face to face with union members and the way it operates before you get on here making accusations and claiming that you know anything about a union. I could sit here and argue on the internet all day but i don't have time to drive any common sense into your thick skull seeing as that would probably be impossible given your lack of reason or ability to even come with a response that has any legitimate reasoning.

You are out of touch with reality, that much is obvious.

I've worked with union members, both "in the ranks" and as staff. I cannot tell you one situation where the union was beneficial to the company; in fact, I can tell you of more than one instance where union idiocy resulted in shutdowns and increased unemployment. In fact, take a look around union-dominated industries and you'll notice that union membership continues to fall every year. If they're so great, why are they disappearing.

I talk face to face with union members on a daily basis and it's funny, when asked why the dead weight above them has priority over them, and makes more money, and keeps their jobs when layoffs occur... they all get this duuuuhhhhh... Gomer Pyle look because they have no answer other than "it protects all of us." The union should be protecting and promoting the WORTHY employees rather than punishing them so that the unworthy can keep their jobs and drag everyone down.

I find it sad that every comment you make is presented as an us-vs-them environment - that epitomizes the problems with unions. Rather than work together, you guys all have inferiority complexes about management. I attribute that to the fact that you have others get jobs for you, rather than taking responsibility for your own lives.

All unions do at this point is drive up cost, drive down innovation, and stagnate their industry and the economy as a whole. It's obvious to anyone who isn't viewing the world through their union blinders.

#3016776 - 11/05/12 10:58 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

wHat a frIeNd
We haVe iN Y0o0oNyUns .....

#3016837 - 11/05/12 11:52 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Greg .]
Tony(D)
4 Point

Loc: TN

Most companies I have been involved with use Union workers at some point. These are some of this state's largest employers and some are NON UNION as well. That alone goes against the thought that Unions just drive up cost.
The companies use Union because of their trades and because of their flexibility. This is a big plus for companies that want good work done and done on time. Not saying non Union can't compare on some levels but overall Unions must be doing something right if these big name companies are using them as much as they do.

#3016856 - 11/05/12 12:09 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Tony(D)]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Tony(D)
Most companies I have been involved with use Union workers at some point. These are some of this state's largest employers and some are NON UNION as well. That alone goes against the thought that Unions just drive up cost.
The companies use Union because of their trades and because of their flexibility. This is a big plus for companies that want good work done and done on time. Not saying non Union can't compare on some levels but overall Unions must be doing something right if these big name companies are using them as much as they do.

That must explain why the steel and textile industries are doing so well in this country.

Oh, THAT'S RIGHT, they've virtually shut down due to high union cost for low productivity.

HISTORY proves they drive up cost; all the spin on earth can't change that fact.

#3016890 - 11/05/12 12:33 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

That must explain why the steel and textile industries are doing so well in this country.

Oh, THAT'S RIGHT, they've virtually shut down due to high union cost for low productivity.

HISTORY proves they drive up cost; all the spin on earth can't change that fact.

It also explains why there's no NHL season this year. \:\)

#3017008 - 11/05/12 01:38 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
Tony(D)
4 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Tony(D)

There is much more to the decline of both the textile and steel industries than organized labor. It is very easy to say that Unions were the cause but if anyone did their homework on this subject they would find plenty of blame to go around from lack of innovative technological advancements to lackluster management practices and blind eyes to what the world was doing.
Homework skills are lacking.

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (timberjack86, SilverFox, MUP, reloadxx, scn, Poser, 9 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85109 Topics
1028463 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.232 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.