Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3014103 - 11/03/12 02:25 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: griz104]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: griz104
 Originally Posted By: W C
Yet another reason I loathe unions wherever they exist. Crews from Alabama utilities turned away in NJ because they're non union. Let 'em go without power for weeks on end. The people in the region deserve what they get out of this stupidity.

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

The above story should have started with Once Upon A Time..
I know that you guys have been drinking from the same scum pond that Ole Mitty is drinking from and would love to think that the above story is the truth..But those that do not drink from that same pond know the truth..Although i am sure all the know it alls will think otherwise..For the light shines on them!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/who-is-t...heir-statement/

Re-read the story again.

What you posted says it WAS TRUE,

What it says is "the information given to the Alabama workers over the phone was not true". So someone LIED to the Alabama workers. Sounds like a uniomn member.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie addressed the Alabama utility controversy during his afternoon press conference on Friday.

In short, he says the Alabama workers were on their way to New Jersey and called someone (it’s unknown who) while in Virginia. That’s when they were told they couldn’t help if they were non-union. Christie says they were given “bad information,” and such a requirement does not exist. He also said he’s talked with all the power companies involved and assured the public that if such a requirement was in place, he would exercise his power as governor to override it.

#3014673 - 11/03/12 09:03 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Wildcat]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Let me get this straight liBeRals, this thread isn't true and Benghazi was because of an anti-muzzy youtube video.

Got it.

#3014768 - 11/03/12 10:12 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

"There is no spoon"

The Matrix

#3015509 - 11/04/12 04:01 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Inkstainz]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: Inkstainz
all you guys that are anti-union should realize that if it wasn't for the unions, you would have no lunch breaks or other breaks and work weeks would not be 40 hours. Maybe a history lesson is in order before you bash them.

What a load of B.S. Even slaves had lunch and water breaks. Your YOONyun has succeeded with the propaganda they have been feeding you.

#3015517 - 11/04/12 04:06 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: TITANSFAN2104

I'm also in a union and if we didn't have It we would be working for minimum wage.
I have worked union as well as non union and a union only keeps the hiring,firing,wages and overall general treatment of employees fair.

Bull! You would be working for a wage that rewards you for your skills and what you can offer your employer or, if you are self-employed, the value you offer in the product or service you produce and provide.

As for fair, that is a weather condition.

#3015547 - 11/04/12 04:26 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: farmin68]
Big Ben
10 Point

Loc: North of Nashville across the ...

Let's see...A non-union company from Alabama don't want their workers to join a union while out of state on a job. There is such a thing as temp membership in some places FWIW. All one has to do is pay dues while on that job then withdraw when the job is over. My guess they are afraid those workers would like working under union rules and working conditions and return to Alabama and want to keep those rules and working conditions once back home. So they recall their workers or threaten dismissal if they do join.

#3015569 - 11/04/12 04:41 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: farmin68]
Tar12
4 Point

Loc: USA Indiana

I have worked both union and non-union over the years and I am currently working union as a Teamster.I have seen people fired in a non union shop just because someone did not like somebody..that is BS. I have seen people hired in and make more money than someone who is equally skilled because he is dating the owners daughter..more BS. It is a historical fact that the wages are driven down in right to work states. Who does this benefit? The employers only is who.How can you argue against a better life and better wages,health care,benefits, and working conditions? Excuse me if I do not understand your logic on this...please explain.....
#3015674 - 11/04/12 06:03 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: farmin68]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Inkstainz
all you guys that are anti-union should realize that if it wasn't for the unions, you would have no lunch breaks or other breaks and work weeks would not be 40 hours. Maybe a history lesson is in order before you bash them.

I'm pretty sure the Dept. of Labor handles that.... not the union.

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3015728 - 11/04/12 06:31 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Big Ben]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Big Ben
Let's see...A non-union company from Alabama don't want their workers to join a union while out of state on a job. There is such a thing as temp membership in some places FWIW. All one has to do is pay dues while on that job then withdraw when the job is over. My guess they are afraid those workers would like working under union rules and working conditions and return to Alabama and want to keep those rules and working conditions once back home. So they recall their workers or threaten dismissal if they do join.

You don't know it but you just posted what is WRONG with unions.

They went up there for a Emergency Disaster !!!! They went up there to HELP OUT. But by what YOU posted the unions said NO, they HAVE to join the union to help them out.

#3015855 - 11/04/12 07:25 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Wildcat]
griz104
4 Point

Loc: Nashville

It was the same exact way when the Trade Towers went down..Only Union workers were allowed on site..And will be more then willing to bet the next one will be Union only also..Guess that is why the Unions are hated so much.. They know what Brotherhood is about and will stand together..Maybe a few could learn a lesson from them!
Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (Snake, Backstrapcrazy, CATCHDAWG, chrmayo, wayne, ruger7mag, 16 invisible) and 146 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89344 Topics
1044879 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.288 seconds in which 0.02 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.