Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3013341 - 11/02/12 08:59 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Wildcat]
Big Ben
10 Point

Loc: North of Nashville across the ...

AFTER...TIME....ALL....AFTER... \:D Thats what the edit button is for. But don't let a good rant go to waste.

#3013345 - 11/02/12 09:03 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Big Ben]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Big Ben
AFTER...TIME....ALL....AFTER... \:D Thats what the edit button is for. But don't let a good rant go to waste.

You must be drunk tonight and probably will be for the next week when Obama loses.

LOL!!!!

#3013585 - 11/03/12 07:05 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Wildcat]
Big Ben
10 Point

Loc: North of Nashville across the ...

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: Big Ben

You must be drunk tonight and probably will be for the next week when Obama loses.

LOL!!!!

Guess you haven't been paying attention again. I am going to write in my cat Frank for President...Vote for the ammendment to the state consitution for hunting/fishing as a right. And vote for my neighbor for state rep..who BTW is a R. The D he is running against has been in office 16 years, not a bad guy but time to give someone else a chance. Rest is unapposed or I will just pass on. Here I go messing up the total vote count again. And since I don't drink but maybe 3 or 4 beers a year, I will be safe to come drive you home \:\) And congrats on the first post I have seen you make without all the cap's.

#3013766 - 11/03/12 09:20 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: W C]
griz104
4 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: W C
Yet another reason I loathe unions wherever they exist. Crews from Alabama utilities turned away in NJ because they're non union. Let 'em go without power for weeks on end. The people in the region deserve what they get out of this stupidity.

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

The above story should have started with Once Upon A Time..
I know that you guys have been drinking from the same scum pond that Ole Mitty is drinking from and would love to think that the above story is the truth..But those that do not drink from that same pond know the truth..Although i am sure all the know it alls will think otherwise..For the light shines on them!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/who-is-t...heir-statement/

Edited by griz104 (11/03/12 09:24 AM)

#3013929 - 11/03/12 11:06 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: griz104]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Thanks for clearing that up grizz..........your link 100% confirms my post that opened this thread. Be sure to read all the way down........

Shortly before 3pm ET, Governor Christie’s office gives us an official statement on this issue:

“We are welcoming whatever help comes in, union or non-union, to assist with the recovery.”
The governor’s official statement, while helpful going forward, doesn’t exactly address what may have happened in the past.

In the meantime, the Newark Star Ledger is reporting that NJ unions are not blocking the workers:

“We take crews as they become available,” said Ron Morano, a spokesman for Jersey Central Power & Light. “Everyone understands this is an all-hands-on-deck event.” He(Morano) said crews from throughout the nation were now working in JCP&L’s service area, including from California, Idaho, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan and North Carolina.
The Alabama utility company seems to contradict that statement. From the Decatur Utilities press release on the issue:

Decatur Utilities sent a 6-man crew to the Northeast Wednesday, October 31st, bound for Seaside Heights, NJ, to assist with power restoration. Communications with Seaside Heights was poor due to lack of cell phone service in the area. Upon arriving at a staging area in Virginia, crews were held in place pending clarification of documents received from IBEW that implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the New York and New Jersey areas. It was and remains our understanding that agreeing to those requirements was a condition of being allowed to work in those areas.
Further investigation into the story first carried by WAFF TV in Alabama has confirmed what the press release states.

Is it possible that the Decatur Utilities crew was turned away for not joining the IBEW? Yes. And there are many people involved who are saying that’s exactly what happened.

Additionally, last night on Fox Business, Ray Hardin, the general manager of Decatur Utilities explained the issue to Stuart Varney. Stating that the company’s crews were in a staging area in Virginia when the IBEW sent documents requiring union membership before they could do any work. The company would not agree to unionizing their employees at this time and told their employees to return home to Alabama.

#3013935 - 11/03/12 11:12 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: W C]
Inkstainz
14 Point

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee

Look I'm in a union here in Memphis. Most of the guys that I know here would have let the crew go up there to work. Problem is that New Jersey and New York unlike Tennessee is NOT a right to work state. Basically they don't have to let you do anything if you don't abide by what they want you to. Well it will probably come back and bite them in the butt. However all you guys that are anti-union should realize that if it wasn't for the unions, you would have no lunch breaks or other breaks and work weeks would not be 40 hours. Maybe a history lesson is in order before you bash them.
#3013950 - 11/03/12 11:26 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: griz104]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: griz104
Yet another reason I loathe unions wherever they exist. Crews from Alabama utilities turned away in NJ because they're non union. Let 'em go without power for weeks on end. The people in the region deserve what they get out of this stupidity.

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

I know that you guys have been drinking from the same scum pond that Ole Mitty is drinking from and would love to think that the above story is the truth..But those that do not drink from that same pond know the truth..Although i am sure all the know it alls will think otherwise..For the light shines on them!!

Except that story does nothing to dispel the original story. Christie can say "we'll take everyone" all he wants, but the fact of the matter is, someone lower on the food chain makes the decisions. And apparently they turned them down.

Now that they've been exposed, is it any wonder the union leaders royalty are circling the wagons and trying to save face?

I'll trust one Alabaman over 100 New Jersey union thugs any day of the week.

#3014011 - 11/03/12 01:04 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I believe the story and what makes it sad is that it is believable.

Having said that, I will also say that earlier this week I passed through a small tn town and saw utility trucks pulling out and I knew where they were going. I was thankful and proud of those guys.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3014057 - 11/03/12 01:49 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: griz104]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: griz104

I guess the member on here that saw the convoy of utility truck headed back to Alabama was seeing things too....

#3014071 - 11/03/12 01:55 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

More "Liars"

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/theres...-to-join-union/

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (John3, ruger7mag, Plateau Hunter, Snowwolfe, stylishblueticks, eddie c, 13 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92997 Topics
1086720 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.108 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.