I doubt it.

let me guess, you are union guy.

#3016075 - 11/04/12 09:07 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: ]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Tony(D)
Yup, They took care of it. In a Union you have a contract agreement and it spells out breaks and other things. I know that management and salaried employees appreciate that they have a "contract" signed when they are employed so why all the Hatin' when Union employees do it.

Maybe they hate that "collective" part Eh?

"United We Stand Divided We Fall"

Yea, I have seen how unions work where I work..... pathetic....

Some things can be done by a "regular" guy and should not be worried about by a "union" guy.... So much BS to go through to get a dang phone line or network cable unplugged from one wall outlet and moved to another... it's just plum STUPID!!!

I wouldn't expect to get paid for "lunch" breaks.... I haven't been compensated for as many years as I have been working as far as I know....

You shouldn't need a union to dictate your job.... your skills, work ethic, attitude, and person should secure your own employment.

That money going for dues, well that could just as easily go towards my own bills/debts....

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3016090 - 11/04/12 09:14 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: ]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Tony(D)
DOL:

Federal law does not require lunch or coffee breaks. However, when employers do offer short breaks (usually lasting about 5 to 20 minutes), federal law considers the breaks as compensable work hours that would be included in the sum of hours worked during the work week and considered in determining if overtime was worked. Unauthorized extensions of authorized work breaks need not be counted as hours worked when the employer has expressly and unambiguously communicated to the employee that the authorized break may only last for a specific length of time, that any extension of the break is contrary to the employer's rules, and any extension of the break will be punished.

Bona fide meal periods (typically lasting at least 30 minutes), serve a different purpose than coffee or snack breaks and, thus, are not work time and are not compensable.

Interesting that the union drone ignores the fact that states have volumes of laws regulating working hours, breaks, etc.

#3016095 - 11/04/12 09:15 PM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Tar12]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Tar12
I have worked both union and non-union over the years and I am currently working union as a Teamster.I have seen people fired in a non union shop just because someone did not like somebody..that is BS. I have seen people hired in and make more money than someone who is equally skilled because he is dating the owners daughter..more BS. It is a historical fact that the wages are driven down in right to work states. Who does this benefit? The employers only is who.How can you argue against a better life and better wages,health care,benefits, and working conditions? Excuse me if I do not understand your logic on this...please explain.....

Maybe you can explain the "fairness" in the dead weight getting paid more than the harder workers who don't have seniority.

THAT's BS. And that's why unions are destructive. They protect the unworthy at the expense of the worthy.

And there's no way you can spin that.

#3016253 - 11/05/12 01:39 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Originally Posted By: BMan
I have worked both union and non-union over the years and I am currently working union as a Teamster.I have seen people fired in a non union shop just because someone did not like somebody..that is BS. I have seen people hired in and make more money than someone who is equally skilled because he is dating the owners daughter..more BS. It is a historical fact that the wages are driven down in right to work states. Who does this benefit? The employers only is who.How can you argue against a better life and better wages,health care,benefits, and working conditions? Excuse me if I do not understand your logic on this...please explain.....

Maybe you can explain the "fairness" in the dead weight getting paid more than the harder workers who don't have seniority.

THAT's BS. And that's why unions are destructive. They protect the unworthy at the expense of the worthy.

Actually non union promotes this even more than a union. Buddy system works in non union whereas it doesn't in a union shop. Is it right that in a non union that your best friend/family member is boss and let's you get away with murder while putting more of a work load on others and giving them no option but to do it or be fired?? Wal mart is a prime example, for those who know or have family that work there know exactly what I mean. They would greatly benefit from a union as they are treated like dirt. A union is nothing more than q system of checks and balances. You do your job and I do mine,if you can't then you and only you suffer the consequence. Non union will place the burden on other employees without hesitation especially if its their buddy getting out of the work !!
It's amazing how many here don't have a clue what a union does or how the.business of a union is conducted yet they preach against them. O was gonna JUst withdraw from this conversation but the fighting side of me can't JUst sit back and read all the ignorance spewed over this topic.
The best thing any of you can do if you have never worked in,around or with a union is quit advertising your stupidity and stick with whatever it is you "think" you do best because JUst by reading this thread there are only a couple who even have the slightest idea as to how a union works.

#3016254 - 11/05/12 02:15 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Actually non union promotes this even more than a union. Buddy system works in non union whereas it doesn't in a union shop. Is it right that in a non union that your best friend/family member is boss and let's you get away with murder while putting more of a work load on others and giving them no option but to do it or be fired?? Wal mart is a prime example, for those who know or have family that work there know exactly what I mean. They would greatly benefit from a union as they are treated like dirt. A union is nothing more than q system of checks and balances. You do your job and I do mine,if you can't then you and only you suffer the consequence. Non union will place the burden on other employees without hesitation especially if its their buddy getting out of the work !!
It's amazing how many here don't have a clue what a union does or how the.business of a union is conducted yet they preach against them. O was gonna JUst withdraw from this conversation but the fighting side of me can't JUst sit back and read all the ignorance spewed over this topic.
The best thing any of you can do if you have never worked in,around or with a union is quit advertising your stupidity and stick with whatever it is you "think" you do best because JUst by reading this thread there are only a couple who even have the slightest idea as to how a union works.

#3016282 - 11/05/12 05:09 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: BMan]
Tar12
4 Point

Loc: USA Indiana

What union shop was is it that you worked at that allows dead weight to stay on? I do not know about other union shops but if you do not perform your duties where I work you are GONE PERIOD!The only dead weight we have is in our non-union management!They can screw up day after day(and they do)and they keep their jobs be damned! No spin here just facts...

#3016313 - 11/05/12 05:46 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Tar12]
BMan
16 Point

What union shop was is it that you worked at that allows dead weight to stay on? I do not know about other union shops but if you do not perform your duties where I work you are GONE PERIOD!

Priceless! Delusional, but priceless nonetheless.

I'll give you just one example of first-hand experience with the dead weight effect. First job out of HS, union shop at a manufacturing plant. "Rate" was 33 runs per 8 hours. While I was still TRAINING I was turning out over 40 runs/8 hours with fewer rejects than the "experienced" old timers.

Our shift - 3rd shift, all new guys who didn't understand that unions stood for doing as little as possible and holding the company hostage - started running 45+ consistently and were threatened by the other two shifts.

What were you saying about dead weight?

#3016314 - 11/05/12 05:50 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: TITANSFAN2104
Actually non union promotes this even more than a union. Buddy system works in non union whereas it doesn't in a union shop.

Do you really believe that? If so, you need a good dose of reality.

Inequity exists everywhere - and unions are just as bad as non-union. Ever throw for a job and the guy who gets it was less worthy than you? Happens every day, doesn't it - but that's too inconvenient for you union drones to admit.

Stupidity is blindly supporting a union who is supposed to make things better, but only lines the pockets of those at the top while they screw the members and the employer. Time for you to put on your big boy undies and accept a few realities of life.

#3016340 - 11/05/12 06:26 AM Re: NJ union thugs turn help away [Re: Tar12]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

What union shop was is it that you worked at that allows dead weight to stay on?

IBEW 558 at TVA Muscle Shoals, AL. It always has and always will.

Page 4 of 8 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (matt_brown, TS_13, woodchuckc, JoninTN, wskp11, Deck78, 13 invisible) and 112 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88948 Topics
1040557 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.217 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.