Tndeer Logo

Page 203 of 255 « First<201202203204205>Last »
Topic Options
#3005346 - 10/29/12 10:10 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: preachermantom
Are we getting next Generation ready?

A couple of things here I want to point out:

1. V.7 tells us Joshua and his generation followed the Lord.

2. V.10 tells us that the next generation did not know the Lord or what He had done for Israel! Something is very wrong here. It tells me that Joshua and his generation may have been faithful but they did not a very good job of passing along the Lord to the next generation. Let me be clear here that we have a job to do with the next generation. This is the most important job we have! This job is to train our children in the Lord! Ask yourself...how are you doing in this training right now?

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

It is not the churches job, they are to help you but the main responsibility is yours!

3. V.11-13 tells us what happens when our children do not get the training from us!

Brothers and sisters look at society, look at our schools, colleges, even our declining churches...what are we doing? Failing God! Failing ourselves. Failing our children. Don't compare to everyone else, do what God wants you to do, train your children and yourselves in the Lord!

Tom

Amen PMT.. It seems to me there was a time when ALL this was common place throughhout the day of most children. They were taught at home (for the most part) and then even in school etc. Now, we are faced with leadership who does not believe in the true God so it's a situation where if children arent taught at home, they have 0 exposure for the most part. Scary times we are living and as you said, it's up to US as parents to teach our children and to lead them in the right direction.

#3005549 - 10/29/12 11:25 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Right on Scott!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3007089 - 10/30/12 08:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Envy

In the past several weeks we have at times we have looked at the "seven daily sins" study we are doing at church right now. Today I wan to continue that and look at ENVY. We see envy in the very front part of the bible:

Genesis 4:2-8

2 Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3 And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the Lord. 4 Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering, 5 but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.

6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

8 Now Cain talked with Abel his brother;[a] and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.

Wow! Among other things we see here that Cain was envious of Able that God accepted his offering and not Cains. It made Cain so mad that he killed his brother over it. I hope and pray our envy will never lead us to that! But envy can cause us much harm if we do not keep it under control.

Envy is dangerous to us because it is a direct disobedience to God's command "to love our neighbors as ourselves".

Matthew 22:39

And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

We are also told in the Word that "love does not envy!"

1 Corinthians 13:4

4 ; love does not envy

So let me sum all this up for you. You see when we envy it is selfish! What I want, how I want it, and when I want it. We resent others for what they have and we are at odds with their good. Godly love on the other hand is being selfless, sharing, giving, wanting others to have good before yourself!

So this morning, does envy have control of you or do you have control of envy? If envy has a hold on you this is what you have to look forward too:

James 3:16

16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3008807 - 10/31/12 08:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Marriage-the beginning

I have had a request to a devotion on marriage. Sadly the divorce rate is sky high (over 50%) and what is even more troubling is that the church divorce rate is no better! So I can't cover marriage in one devotion as I try to keep them as quick reads. I will do several devotions over marriage in the next few days. Let's start where it all began!

Genesis 2:20-24

20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23 And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones

And flesh of my flesh;

She shall be called Woman,

Because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Well here it is my friends, where God instituted marriage. There are several things I want you yo notice here.

1. In v.20 We are told "there was not a helper comparable to him". This is very important to catch. Men we are not above our wives, nor are wives above the husbands. We are helpers to one another. We must keep this in the front of our minds!

2. This should have been first! As I said earlier God instituted marriage not us! We are told in we are not to break what God has brought together here:

Matthew 19:6

So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Take your marriage very seriously.

3. In v.24 the Word tells us to leave mom and dad and be joined to each other to become one flesh. This is very important not to read over without thinking about it. When married we are to be one flesh with each other. Make decisions together. Have children together. Live together. A problem comes about when we keep brings mom and dad from one side to our business. Now there is nothing wrong with getting advice from moms and dads as long as we are both agreeable to it, but big problems come when inlaws are in our business on a regular basis!

4. On a final note...marriage is man and woman. No where in scripture do you see it any other way!

That's it for today, we will dig deeper tomorrow, God bless.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3008836 - 10/31/12 09:04 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen

#3008867 - 10/31/12 09:25 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Amen PMT!

#3010344 - 11/01/12 08:10 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

My step-sister passed so I won't be able to post devotions for a few days. Be back soon.

Jesus Christ

#3010574 - 11/01/12 10:09 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

2 Timothy 2:10 says Jesus “abolished death” through the Gospel. If you’re a child of God, then death has been made un-true. Ultimately it can’t hurt you anymore.

This points to our future in becoming like Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:54-55 “When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

Prayers for you and your family PMT! You know far better than I, that those leaving here who are right with the Lord will be much better off for having made that journey

#3010628 - 11/01/12 10:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks Scott, prayers continued Tom.

#3016344 - 11/05/12 06:29 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thank you Scott, much appreciated.

Jesus Christ

Page 203 of 255 « First<201202203204205>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
MisquitoNet, strutter rutter, SAUM, Hunter11, nikko610
13076 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (D84, Southpaw, BamaProud, Plain Old Dave, FLTENNHUNTER1, hunter drew, 13 invisible) and 127 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13076 Members
42 Forums
87991 Topics
1031379 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.315 seconds in which 0.065 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.