Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 24 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3002913 - 10/28/12 07:08 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
monsterbuck07
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Originally Posted By: eightpointer
I just don't see what all the Bama hype is. They haven't really had a tough schedule. Look who ND has played.

Holy bee geez! Are you serious? Watch them play, cause obviously you haven't yet. This Alabama team is as good if not better than their previous two national championship teams.

Let me guess your a Vol or ND fan

Edited by monsterbuck07 (10/28/12 07:09 AM)

#3002919 - 10/28/12 07:15 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: monsterbuck07]
PalsPal
8 Point

Loc: TN

Bama hopes ND gets there.

Personally, I want to see Oregon/Bama.

#3003132 - 10/28/12 09:09 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: PalsPal]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

I hope Notre Dame goes undefeated and ends up #2. Then they get face an SEC team that will stomp them. I would love to see Lou Holtz spitting and yelling about how great Notre Dame is right before the game. Then watch Mark May laugh at him after the game.

#3003187 - 10/28/12 09:39 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kirk]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Let me guess - most of you thought OU would pound ND in Norman last night...

By the way - that's the first time EVER that Bob Stoops has lost 2 home games in a season at OU, and he has been there a long time.

I did not say that I thought ND was better than Alabama. However, I find it hard to believe that any objective fan who has actually watched them play would not agree that this ND team is for real and is more than "a little above average".

Wait until the strength of schedule numbers come out and then let's see you explain those.

#3003209 - 10/28/12 09:59 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
magician
10 Point

Loc: Gretna, Louisiana

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Alabama will destroy Notre Dame.... and frankly anyone else right now. The defense is punishing and the offense is underrated. Heck neither side of the ball has really even needed to play in the 4th quarter this year.

However I would like to see the game, it would have a strong National appeal. ND is perpetually overrated. Although they are good this year, they need to win at least a mediocre bowl or two before calling them "back".

Roll Tide

LSU fan here and they don't have a chance against Tide next week. ND might do OK against middle tier SEC teams but the big boys would destroy them. I honestly think MSU and A&M would take them too.

Bama Proud, I've known Eddie Lacy since he was six and played at the playground with my son. He was as fast as lightning back then and was nicknamed Speedy. He was a terrific baseball player too.

Edited by magician (10/28/12 10:01 AM)

#3003367 - 10/28/12 11:40 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
You can't see what the hype is because you're viewing the college football world with orange colored glasses.

Who has ND played? Oklahoma hasn't won a big game since 2000 or 2001. Common opponent of ND was Michigan. Bama beat them 41-14 in Dallas. ND beat them 13-6 at home. I realize that isn't a comparison that you'd want to hang your hat on, but that's what we have. So, who else has Notre Dame beaten? Stanford isn't close to the Stanford of the past three years with no Luck, Gerhart and the linemen and receivers they've lost. Oklahoma isn't called Chokelahoma for nothing. Miami? nope. USC is toast. Alabama has to play LSU next weekend and A&M the following week, maybe the SEC East champ if they don't lose a game. The Irish have USC, who lost to ARIZONA today, Pitt, Boston College and Wake Forest left.

I hope that Bama and Notre Dame do meet for the crystal ball. It'll be three titles in four years for the Tide. Not too shabby for all the hype.

I guess with that comment you must think I'm a Vol fan? HAAAAA..Its hilarious seeing all these ND haters.

#3003466 - 10/28/12 12:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Hangnail

Alabama has to play LSU next weekend and A&M the following week, maybe the SEC East champ if they don't lose a game.

But they haven't played them yet... So far Bama has only played lower tier SEC teams, a weak out of conference schedule (save Michigan, who is not that good), and has the best games ahead of it still, even though LSU is not as good as everyone says that they are and A&M is not quite a complete or deep team, either. I think that A&M is a better balanced team than LSU, but not as spectacular defensively, so LSU may have the edge. Also, Texas A&M is in the west, so it cannot be the east champ.

ND has not played a single FCS school, and even the FBS schools that it has played have been mid-to-upper tiered schools when they were scheduled.

That being said, I hope that Bama loses, but I don't expect it. Bama is a well oiled machine that is playing like a good NFL team right now.

And, no, I am not a Vols fan.

#3003495 - 10/28/12 12:51 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

I just don't see what all the Bama hype is. They haven't really had a tough schedule. Look who ND has played.

You haven't watched Alabama play and/or you have no clue about football

#3003504 - 10/28/12 12:56 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Loc: johnson city, tn

I hope ND gets to play bama so bama can destory them and show everybody how good ND really isn't
#3003508 - 10/28/12 01:00 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Look who ND has played.

i know they played and beat that powerhouse 3-5 Purdue by 3 at home...yes, yes, i did see that

Page 2 of 24 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (imograss, waltny, 1 invisible) and 82 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.