Tndeer Logo

Page all of 24 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3002780 - 10/27/12 11:25 PM The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

It's awesome and it's been a long time coming. Oh, how I would love to see them win out. That is all, thanks.

#3002787 - 10/27/12 11:39 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

i want to see them whip bama

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3002806 - 10/27/12 11:56 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Better watch a game from the 1970's if you want to see the Irish beat Alabama. Ain't happening this year, not even close.
#3002822 - 10/28/12 01:00 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
rutdog
6 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

Alabama is tough,i dont see anyone touching them this year
#3002823 - 10/28/12 01:03 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: rutdog]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

I just don't see what all the Bama hype is. They haven't really had a tough schedule. Look who ND has played.
#3002829 - 10/28/12 01:13 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
JLeòdhas
Spike

Loc: Hamilton, Alabama

Would like to see ND and Alabama in the BCS game, since it has been a few years when they played last. Should be a good game for the ages. RTR!!!

#3002836 - 10/28/12 02:07 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: JLeòdhas]
Hangnail
12 Point

You can't see what the hype is because you're viewing the college football world with orange colored glasses.

Who has ND played? Oklahoma hasn't won a big game since 2000 or 2001. Common opponent of ND was Michigan. Bama beat them 41-14 in Dallas. ND beat them 13-6 at home. I realize that isn't a comparison that you'd want to hang your hat on, but that's what we have. So, who else has Notre Dame beaten? Stanford isn't close to the Stanford of the past three years with no Luck, Gerhart and the linemen and receivers they've lost. Oklahoma isn't called Chokelahoma for nothing. Miami? nope. USC is toast. Alabama has to play LSU next weekend and A&M the following week, maybe the SEC East champ if they don't lose a game. The Irish have USC, who lost to ARIZONA today, Pitt, Boston College and Wake Forest left.

I hope that Bama and Notre Dame do meet for the crystal ball. It'll be three titles in four years for the Tide. Not too shabby for all the hype.

#3002899 - 10/28/12 06:50 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Originally Posted By: eightpointer
I just don't see what all the Bama hype is. They haven't really had a tough schedule. Look who ND has played.
really??? ND is a little above average with a non existent schedule. Alabama is a model of consistency putting up over 33 points a game and average margins of victory of 20+ points. This is a better ,more balanced team than either of the previous NC teams they have had. They are not flashy ,that is why they are not fun to watch.

#3002902 - 10/28/12 06:57 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Time will tell....... Not sure can say Notre Dame is for real yet... I can say that about Bama... \:\)

The reason why I'm not sold on ND is because of their schedule.

Edited by gator-n-buck (10/28/12 06:57 AM)

#3002910 - 10/28/12 07:05 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: gator-n-buck]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Alabama will destroy Notre Dame.... and frankly anyone else right now. The defense is punishing and the offense is underrated. Heck neither side of the ball has really even needed to play in the 4th quarter this year.

However I would like to see the game, it would have a strong National appeal. ND is perpetually overrated. Although they are good this year, they need to win at least a mediocre bowl or two before calling them "back".

Roll Tide

#3002913 - 10/28/12 07:08 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
monsterbuck07
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Holy bee geez! Are you serious? Watch them play, cause obviously you haven't yet. This Alabama team is as good if not better than their previous two national championship teams.

Let me guess your a Vol or ND fan

Edited by monsterbuck07 (10/28/12 07:09 AM)

#3002919 - 10/28/12 07:15 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: monsterbuck07]
PalsPal
8 Point

Loc: TN

Bama hopes ND gets there.

Personally, I want to see Oregon/Bama.

#3003132 - 10/28/12 09:09 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: PalsPal]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

I hope Notre Dame goes undefeated and ends up #2. Then they get face an SEC team that will stomp them. I would love to see Lou Holtz spitting and yelling about how great Notre Dame is right before the game. Then watch Mark May laugh at him after the game.

#3003187 - 10/28/12 09:39 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kirk]
Vermin93
12 Point

Let me guess - most of you thought OU would pound ND in Norman last night...

By the way - that's the first time EVER that Bob Stoops has lost 2 home games in a season at OU, and he has been there a long time.

I did not say that I thought ND was better than Alabama. However, I find it hard to believe that any objective fan who has actually watched them play would not agree that this ND team is for real and is more than "a little above average".

Wait until the strength of schedule numbers come out and then let's see you explain those.

#3003209 - 10/28/12 09:59 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
magician
10 Point

Loc: Gretna, Louisiana

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Alabama will destroy Notre Dame.... and frankly anyone else right now. The defense is punishing and the offense is underrated. Heck neither side of the ball has really even needed to play in the 4th quarter this year.

However I would like to see the game, it would have a strong National appeal. ND is perpetually overrated. Although they are good this year, they need to win at least a mediocre bowl or two before calling them "back".

Roll Tide

LSU fan here and they don't have a chance against Tide next week. ND might do OK against middle tier SEC teams but the big boys would destroy them. I honestly think MSU and A&M would take them too.

Bama Proud, I've known Eddie Lacy since he was six and played at the playground with my son. He was as fast as lightning back then and was nicknamed Speedy. He was a terrific baseball player too.

Edited by magician (10/28/12 10:01 AM)

#3003367 - 10/28/12 11:40 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
eightpointer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
You can't see what the hype is because you're viewing the college football world with orange colored glasses.

Who has ND played? Oklahoma hasn't won a big game since 2000 or 2001. Common opponent of ND was Michigan. Bama beat them 41-14 in Dallas. ND beat them 13-6 at home. I realize that isn't a comparison that you'd want to hang your hat on, but that's what we have. So, who else has Notre Dame beaten? Stanford isn't close to the Stanford of the past three years with no Luck, Gerhart and the linemen and receivers they've lost. Oklahoma isn't called Chokelahoma for nothing. Miami? nope. USC is toast. Alabama has to play LSU next weekend and A&M the following week, maybe the SEC East champ if they don't lose a game. The Irish have USC, who lost to ARIZONA today, Pitt, Boston College and Wake Forest left.

I hope that Bama and Notre Dame do meet for the crystal ball. It'll be three titles in four years for the Tide. Not too shabby for all the hype.

I guess with that comment you must think I'm a Vol fan? HAAAAA..Its hilarious seeing all these ND haters.

#3003466 - 10/28/12 12:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Alabama has to play LSU next weekend and A&M the following week, maybe the SEC East champ if they don't lose a game.

But they haven't played them yet... So far Bama has only played lower tier SEC teams, a weak out of conference schedule (save Michigan, who is not that good), and has the best games ahead of it still, even though LSU is not as good as everyone says that they are and A&M is not quite a complete or deep team, either. I think that A&M is a better balanced team than LSU, but not as spectacular defensively, so LSU may have the edge. Also, Texas A&M is in the west, so it cannot be the east champ.

ND has not played a single FCS school, and even the FBS schools that it has played have been mid-to-upper tiered schools when they were scheduled.

That being said, I hope that Bama loses, but I don't expect it. Bama is a well oiled machine that is playing like a good NFL team right now.

And, no, I am not a Vols fan.

#3003495 - 10/28/12 12:51 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

You haven't watched Alabama play and/or you have no clue about football
Toyota
Apple

#3003504 - 10/28/12 12:56 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Loc: johnson city, tn

I hope ND gets to play bama so bama can destory them and show everybody how good ND really isn't
#3003508 - 10/28/12 01:00 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Look who ND has played.

i know they played and beat that powerhouse 3-5 Purdue by 3 at home...yes, yes, i did see that
Toyota
Apple

#3003561 - 10/28/12 01:35 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
eightpointer
14 Point

Played a lot of College ball have ya Beachguy..HHAAAAAAAA!
#3003568 - 10/28/12 01:37 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

aint played a lick. ive watch enough to know a good team though. stick around, youll get it..HHAAAAAAAA!
Toyota
Apple

#3003593 - 10/28/12 01:53 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin

Thats Funny! LOL

#3003762 - 10/28/12 03:40 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: muddyboots]
Hangnail
12 Point

There isn't a team Notre Dame has played that would be anything but middle of the road in the SEC. I don't think Oklahoma would be doing so well in the SEC as they've lost to both teams they've played with any kind of defense, K-State and Notre Dame. I don't have any hate for the Irish, just thinking that before someone crowns them as "back", they need to win something. I'm one of the people that thought Oklahoma would beat them, but Big Game Bob just can't seem to win the big games. It'll all sort itself out in about three or four weeks.
#3003768 - 10/28/12 03:43 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: muddyboots]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Latest AP poll. Top 5

1 Alabama (60)
2 Oregon
3 Kansas State
4 Notre Dame
5 LSU

Will really be interesting how the BCS shuffles this week.

#3003781 - 10/28/12 03:59 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Wrangler95
16 Point

Loc: Celina,Tn

Originally Posted By: beachguy

You haven't watched Alabama play and/or you have no clue about football

Alabama would do to Notre Dame what they did to Michigan.Alabama plays the toughest scehdule in the nation,they play in the SEC!
Psalms 37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked

#3003810 - 10/28/12 04:27 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Wrangler95]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Wrangler95
Alabama would do to Notre Dame what they did to Michigan.Alabama plays the toughest scehdule in the nation,they play in the SEC!

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good football debate...

As of 10/22, Notre Dame's average strength of schedule ranking from the BCS computers was 15.8. Alabama's was 36.4. These rankings do not include the results of yesterday's games.

10/22 BCS Strength of Schedule

I don't think many people would put money on Notre Dame to beat Alabama. I know I wouldn't. However, if you don't think Notre Dame is one of the better teams this season then you either aren't watching their games or you don't know a balanced football team when you see one. Defensively they are as good as anyone in the country, except Alabama. Offensively they are not great, but they are becoming more consistent, they are physical, and they are making few mistakes. They have worn teams down this season, not unlike Alabama. Barring something unexpected, they should win out or finish with one loss. If either occurs they will land in a BCS game - possibly against the SEC. Then we'll see what happens.

#3003825 - 10/28/12 04:40 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
JQT
TnDeer Old Timer
6 Point

Loc: Knoxville,Tn.

Bama would beat ND for 1 main reason. They have more speed in key positions than ND. But, don't forget ND would get a call or 2 from the refs that would make it more even....
#3003828 - 10/28/12 04:42 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: rutdog]
JSassassin
8 Point

Loc: white bluff

Originally Posted By: rutdog
Alabama is tough,i dont seeanyone touching them this year

Bama dont have half the team they had last year, rest of the SEC not all that great this year... with the exception of florida who obviously can still choke it.. \:D i am hoping for a K-STATE VS BAMA final
. ;\)

Edited by JSassassin (10/28/12 04:52 PM)

#3003839 - 10/28/12 04:53 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: JSassassin]
eightpointer
14 Point

Opinions sure nuff vary but Just playing in the SEC don't make Bama the best. The SEC teams they have played just aint all that great. Who..Vols?? HAA Hardly. Can they beat ND? I can't say. But Everybody keeps saying week in week out ND gonna lose. They have stuck in there so far. WE will see what happens. I personally think Kansas State is bout the strongest.
#3003844 - 10/28/12 04:56 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

ND couldn't beat a middle of the road SEC team..... A&M, Miss ST., Miss, and SC

Edited by gator-n-buck (10/28/12 04:57 PM)

#3003852 - 10/28/12 05:00 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Oh ok. So you just stirring, gotcha.
Toyota
Apple

#3003856 - 10/28/12 05:01 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: gator-n-buck]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
how come u didn't mention Georgia? I think sc is a bit better than than a middle of road sec squad.

#3003868 - 10/28/12 05:04 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Mudbone]
eightpointer
14 Point

Georgia sure is hard to figure. Good coach and Jarvis sure is the real deal. But one week they look like super bowl quality and the next week they look like a middle school team.
#3003885 - 10/28/12 05:10 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Mudbone]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
how come u didn't mention Georgia? I think sc is a bit better than than a middle of road sec squad.
If LSU beats Bama, they will play in the SEC game. If GA loses to either Miss or AUB, than FL would play in the SEC game.

All these teams are still in it and SC is not. These teams have proved it on the field..... That's why I picked the teams I did.... \:\)

#3003886 - 10/28/12 05:12 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Nope.... Put the facts and what happened on the field.... Not what fans think with rose color glasses on.... \:\)

#3003893 - 10/28/12 05:14 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Georgia sure is hard to figure. Good coach and Jarvis sure is the real deal. But one week they look like super bowl quality and the next week they look like a middle school team.

Like notre dame vs Purdue 20-17 this year? That's a good point, it's hard to get theses kids to play lights out each week.
Toyota
Apple

#3003898 - 10/28/12 05:15 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: gator-n-buck]
beachguy
10 Point

Nope.... Put the facts and what happened on the field.... Not what fans think with rose color glasses on.... \:\)
I wasn't replying to you
Toyota
Apple

#3003905 - 10/28/12 05:17 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

I wasn't replying to you

My bad..... Carry on.... \:\) Go Gettem.....

#3003911 - 10/28/12 05:21 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: gator-n-buck]
beachguy
10 Point

It's sad we gotta defend the sec. 6 straight BCS ships. Then some loser puts it together one year and we are all suppose to drop everything.....please!
Toyota
Apple

#3003923 - 10/28/12 05:27 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Anybody who thinks ND could play with the SEC and stand a chance of winning against Bama, lsu, florida, sc, ga, miss st obviously doesnt watch sec teams play
#3003929 - 10/28/12 05:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

I love to see em play Bama,so Bama can put them in their place.But,ND will lose to someone they shouldnt,always do

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3003995 - 10/28/12 06:10 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Football Hunter]
Hangnail
12 Point

Notre Dame has three or four players that will play on Sundays. Alabama has a bunch on both sides of the ball, with a coaching staff that knows what to do with them. Kelly hasn't ever had a defense before. His Cincinnati teams had offense, but couldn't line up on the other side of the ball. Notre Dame sure didn't wear down Michigan, Purdue, Stanford or BYU. I don't think any of these teams stay on the field with four or five SEC teams, especially Alabama.
#3004000 - 10/28/12 06:12 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

When is the last time ND was even mentioned in college footballs top teams....???? Now some think they can play with the big boys....... "Not"
#3004119 - 10/28/12 07:10 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: gator-n-buck]
shelbydeer
8 Point

Loc: memphis

Vols fan here! No one is stopping Alabama right now. Their offense is improving and underrated. ND would get beat by three or four teams in the sec Any day of the week
#3004187 - 10/28/12 07:36 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Vermin93
12 Point

It's sad we gotta defend the sec. 6 straight BCS ships. Then some loser puts it together one year and we are all suppose to drop everything.....please!

Who is saying to drop everything? Why don't you put a few more words in people's mouths? Maybe we should ban all talk here about any team except Alabama? Would that make you feel respected?

Man, talk about a conference homer. You can't admit that a non-SEC 8-0 football team might be pretty good.

By the way, what are the chump teams on Alabama's schedule? I'm curious why they only have the 36th ranked schedule at this point.

#3004267 - 10/28/12 07:59 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

Vermin, you act like the Irish have done something special, and the talking heads are right there with you. I'd love to see a Bama/Irish title game. It would resemble last Saturday's Bama/Miss.St. game with the Irish maybe looking at being shut out well into the fourth quarter. I don't think their defense could hold the Alabama offense to less than 30. Here's to hoping this game happens.
#3004310 - 10/28/12 08:09 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
eightpointer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: tn_duckman
Anybody who thinks ND could play with the SEC and stand a chance of winning against Bama, lsu, florida, sc, ga, miss st obviously doesnt watch sec teams play

I respectfully disagree duck.

#3004328 - 10/28/12 08:17 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
beachguy
10 Point

Who is saying to drop everything? Why don't you put a few more words in people's mouths? Maybe we should ban all talk here about any team except Alabama? Would that make you feel respected?.....Not a BAMA fan

Man, talk about a conference homer. You can't admit that a non-SEC 8-0 football team might be pretty good.....ND is good

By the way, what are the chump teams on Alabama's schedule? I'm curious why they only have the 36th ranked schedule at this point.....Alabama is on a 56-6 run, they are destroying everyone they play. ND has had 2 or 3 squeakers, right?
Toyota
Apple

#3004406 - 10/28/12 08:52 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
tn_duckman
4 Point

I just dont see ND hanging with any of the top sec teams

#3004435 - 10/28/12 09:00 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

I just dont see ND hanging with any of the top sec teams

me too i see them beating them

on things I dont need

#3004444 - 10/28/12 09:03 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
tn_duckman
4 Point

I definitely dont see them beating them.. most of their games against any decent team have been close

Edited by tn_duckman (10/28/12 09:05 PM)

#3004509 - 10/28/12 09:17 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
Vermin93
12 Point

Kelly hasn't ever had a defense before. His Cincinnati teams had offense, but couldn't line up on the other side of the ball.

Notre Dame has given up one less touchdown (7) than Alabama (8) so far this year. Notre Dame is winning primarily with defense. I thought that was pretty obvious to people who follow the sport nationally.

#3004632 - 10/28/12 09:45 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

I definitely dont see them beating them.. most of their games against any decent team have been close

and alabama has played who

30-13 over oklahoma isnt close

on things I dont need

#3004648 - 10/28/12 09:52 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Bama has killed Michigan, ole miss, miss st, mizzou

20-17 over purdue
13-6 over mich
20-13 over stanford in ot
17-14 over byu

i dont see that being to impressive

#3004741 - 10/28/12 11:32 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
Hangnail
12 Point

Good lord. Of the eight touchdowns scored against Alabama this year, half have been against third stringers, guys that won't play against LSU and likely not against A&M. Notre Dame hasn't played anyone that has done anything in years, with the exception of Stanford. However, Stanford this year moving forward isn't the same Stanford of the LUCK years and won't be. Harbaugh players are going to be gone over the next couple of years, right along with the threat of being good. Oklahoma hasn't won squat in a decade.

There isn't anyone the Irish have played that wouldn't be fighting for their lives to make a bowl game if they were in the SEC. I make this comment because I do follow college football and I don't get a paycheck for doing it.

#3004787 - 10/29/12 12:07 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
eightpointer
14 Point

ND hasnt had a rushing td scored on em yet if I'm not mistaken.
#3004795 - 10/29/12 01:26 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Stanford did in ot..... The one that was plain as day but didn't count. I don't care about either of them but replay more than gave enough to overturn that call. I wouldn't be afraid to say if tn had any glimmer of a defense that they could beat ND. As said earlier Nd hasn't played anyone that's even middle tier sec talent yet. Alabama beats everyone good,bad,decent by 4 touchdowns. I think most will see ND about like miss state until they actually beat someone. Most would argue before this past weekend that state is better or just as good as the Irish but look what happened to them this past Saturday. Bama is more impressive this year than the previous 3. This team does not make mistakes and that's what wins ball games when you have their talent
#3004797 - 10/29/12 01:31 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Opinions sure nuff vary but Just playing in the SEC don't make Bama the best. The SEC teams they have played just aint all that great. Who..Vols?? HAA Hardly. Can they beat ND? I can't say. But Everybody keeps saying week in week out ND gonna lose. They have stuck in there so far. WE will see what happens. I personally think Kansas State is bout the strongest.

You just missed the whole point. You say kstate is the strongest yet they have had some sqeakers against a couple not so good teams. Yet bama is beating the weak teams as well as the mid tier teams they have played easily. Bama hadn't had any close games. So my point is if bama is killing the same level of talent that ND and k state are barely getting by , how could you not agree Alabama is way better than those teams???

Edited by TITANSFAN2104 (10/29/12 01:33 AM)

#3004802 - 10/29/12 02:48 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
RKenney
10 Point

Loc: Maury Co.

ND does look good, much to the delight of the press. They have always been a "media darling", often when their record wasn't good.
#3004840 - 10/29/12 04:47 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: RKenney]
beachguy
10 Point

Oh well, lots of ball to be played. Don't matter, my vols still SUCK! lol
Toyota
Apple

#3004851 - 10/29/12 04:54 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
JSassassin
8 Point

Loc: white bluff

Opinions sure nuff vary , I personally think Kansas State is bout the strongest.

;\)

#3005005 - 10/29/12 07:22 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: gator-n-buck]
DOC1187
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Time will tell....... Not sure can say Notre Dame is for real yet... I can say that about Bama... \:\)

yep

#3005958 - 10/29/12 02:46 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Wish ND had to play KState this weekend. I'm tellin ya they'd lose.

#3006046 - 10/29/12 03:24 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: DOC1187]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: DOC1187

yep

im not sold on bama cause of their schedule

on things I dont need

#3006073 - 10/29/12 03:43 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
Hangnail
12 Point

One team is looking at possibly winning it's third national title in four years. The other hasn't won a title in over twenty years and will revert to treading water in college football next year. Yep, tough choice there.

Edited by Hangnail (10/29/12 03:43 PM)

#3006359 - 10/29/12 06:34 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
eightpointer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: TITANSFAN2104

You just missed the whole point. You say kstate is the strongest yet they have had some sqeakers against a couple not so good teams. Yet bama is beating the weak teams as well as the mid tier teams they have played easily. Bama hadn't had any close games. So my point is if bama is killing the same level of talent that ND and k state are barely getting by , how could you not agree Alabama is way better than those teams???

DUDE...I aint missed a point at all. I just don't think Bama has played anybody any tougher than ND has. And say what you want..but I think Stanford and Oklahoma and BYU are tougher than anyone Bama has played. But again..thats just my opinion.

#3006365 - 10/29/12 06:37 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

.thats just my opinion.

I agree!
Toyota
Apple

#3006381 - 10/29/12 06:46 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
tn_duckman
4 Point

DUDE...I aint missed a point at all. I just don't think Bama has played anybody any tougher than ND has. And say what you want..but I think Stanford and Oklahoma and BYU are tougher than anyone Bama has played. But again..thats just my opinion.

I think BYU and Stanford and Oklahoma are not that good.. they dont play the same scale of schools Bama does.. The only team i would worry about beating Bama is Oregan because their offense is so dang fast

#3006394 - 10/29/12 06:53 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

DUDE, opinions don't matter.... Yours or mine. The truth with the facts show Alabama crushing everyone while ND has squeaked by. Spin it however you want , its the truth and byu and Stanford.....really...... Come on man.... Oklahoma ehhh somewhat of an argument but they historically have talent yet never seem to win the important ones. Look at common opponents and that will tell you the story!! If you watch the Michigan /bama game then the michigan/ND game and come away saying notre dame is better than bama, well then there is no hope for you and you are going off your love for the team and not being objective at all. For what its worth I am a UT fan... \:\)

#3006437 - 10/29/12 07:15 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Let's face it, who knows.... Neither team has played anyone yet..... Mich. and Ok are the only two teams that I can even consider as being good.....

Time will tell.... \:\)

#3006558 - 10/29/12 08:23 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
Kimberman
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Stanford did in ot..... The one that was plain as day but didn't count. I don't care about either of them but replay more than gave enough to overturn that call. I wouldn't be afraid to say if tn had any glimmer of a defense that they could beat ND. As said earlier Nd hasn't played anyone that's even middle tier sec talent yet. Alabama beats everyone good,bad,decent by 4 touchdowns. I think most will see ND about like miss state until they actually beat someone. Most would argue before this past weekend that state is better or just as good as the Irish but look what happened to them this past Saturday. Bama is more impressive this year than the previous 3. This team does not make mistakes and that's what wins ball games when you have their talent

I was going to point out that ND should be 7-1, Stanford's back made the endzone on his final push, but as usual ND gets the call to go their way and they picked up a W they didnt deserve. Alabama made a 7-0 Miss State team look silly. Add me to the list of those who woould love to see a Alabama vs ND championship game. I would say...34-3 Alabama, with the 3rd string playing most of the 4th quarter.

#3006568 - 10/29/12 08:27 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kimberman]
eightpointer
14 Point

Even the head ump said he would have made the same call. Keeping on bringing that up is like bringing up the loss by Vandy to UT with the controversial ending. Vol fans sure do hate on ND...
#3006585 - 10/29/12 08:35 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kimberman]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Kimberman

I was going to point out that ND should be 7-1, Stanford's back made the endzone on his final push, but as usual ND gets the call to go their way and they picked up a W they didnt deserve. Alabama made a 7-0 Miss State team look silly. Add me to the list of those who woould love to see a Alabama vs ND championship game. I would say...34-3 Alabama, with the 3rd string playing most of the 4th quarter.

ill take you money andy \:D

on things I dont need

#3006701 - 10/29/12 09:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kimberman]
Vermin93
12 Point

Sigh....had Stanford been awarded the TD it would have made the score 20-19 in OT. If Stanford had made the extra point it would have been 20-20 and a 2nd OT would have ensued. I'm not sure what logic Titansfan is using to automatically equate that to a Stanford win. Furthermore, the game was worked by PAC-12 referees. Referees from the visiting team's conference work the Notre Dame home games because Notre Dame football is not in a conference. Over the years the visiting conference referees have made plenty of controversial calls in favor of the visiting team. In this case the PAC-12 referees ruled the Stanford runner down. The Big East referees in the replay booth said the evidence to overturn the play was inconclusive. His elbow was arguably down, hence inconclusive. Additionally, the video clearly shows the line judge running in to stop the play and the Notre Dame linebackers disengaging from the play prior to the Stanford back squirming over the goal line. Stanford can blame their conference referees for that one.

You can't possible watch much Notre Dame football if you're going to claim they usually get calls to go their way. Perception is not reality. Here's a blatant example for you against the same Stanford team in 2007. The Big East referees on the field made the correct call and the PAC-12 referees in the replay booth incorrectly overturned in. The fix was in, but Notre Dame still won.

2007 vs. Stanford - David Grimes Catch

There's been plenty more over the years.

Nice try, but FAIL!

#3006725 - 10/29/12 09:48 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

Notre Dame shouldn't have been in that kind of game with Stanford if they were the next coming, no pun intended. Stanford had some carry over love from last year, as did Michigan. If the Irish play Alabama, Oregon or K State in a bowl game, they'll be field dressed by midway through the third quarter. Don't see a way for them to stop those offenses. The Irish offense is, oh, pedestrian by any measure. Good luck with that.
#3006767 - 10/29/12 10:25 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93

Sigh....had Stanford been awarded the TD it would have made the score 20-19 in OT. If Stanford had made the extra point it would have been 20-20 and a 2nd OT would have ensued. I'm not sure what logic Titansfan is using to automatically equate that to a Stanford win. Furthermore, the game was worked by PAC-12 referees. Referees from the visiting team's conference work the Notre Dame home games because Notre Dame football is not in a conference. Over the years the visiting conference referees have made plenty of controversial calls in favor of the visiting team. In this case the PAC-12 referees ruled the Stanford runner down. The Big East referees in the replay booth said the evidence to overturn the play was inconclusive. His elbow was arguably down, hence inconclusive. Additionally, the video clearly shows the line judge running in to stop the play and the Notre Dame linebackers disengaging from the play prior to the Stanford back squirming over the goal line. Stanford can blame their conference referees for that one.

You can't possible watch much Notre Dame football if you're going to claim they usually get calls to go their way. Perception is not reality. Here's a blatant example for you against the same Stanford team in 2007. The Big East referees on the field made the correct call and the PAC-12 referees in the replay booth incorrectly overturned in. The fix was in, but Notre Dame still won.

2007 vs. Stanford - David Grimes Catch

There's been plenty more over the years.

Nice try, but FAIL!

Your right you did fail as I never said Stanford should have won the game. I said they had a rushing touchdown against them that was negate due to a poor call and the refusal of refs to overturn a call here lately. And to eightpointman, the head ref always say that in the midst of a controversial call because they can't set a standard of being wrong and reversing every play. And the referrel to the Ut vandy game is way out of context as the 1 ref made the wrong call (even though they claimed whistles never blown) and tried to say he was down but wasn't even close. And why are we even talking about games 5 years ago.??
This current years game, in no shape, form or fashion was his elbow down he was on top of players and the whistle was never blown. Fact is he laid on his back and stretched that ball over the goal line before losing possession or any knee,butt or elbow hit the ground. If you choose to believe that he was down well that shows your true agenda as an Irish fan and not recognizing what the announces and 99% of people watching knew the call should be. I understand as an Irish fan the call went your way, game over your happy but as an objective fan , I way that was a td with sufficient evidence to overturn. Unless they didn't have all the same angles we had on tv. There was only one angle that made me say "yes that's a td "

Edited by TITANSFAN2104 (10/29/12 10:36 PM)

#3006769 - 10/29/12 10:27 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
eightpointer
14 Point

I could see you talking about their offense a little...but their defense?? Not given up a rushing td all year. Manti, Nix, many more that are tough as nails. And again everybody wants to talk about the Stanford game. Even if they had given them the td it would have just tied the game..
#3006789 - 10/29/12 10:50 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

I could see you talking about their offense a little...but their defense?? Not given up a rushing td all year. Manti, Nix, many more that are tough as nails. And again everybody wants to talk about the Stanford game. Even if they had given them the td it would have just tied the game..

I'm not saying they are horrible or even average. They are undefeated and that means something. You praise their defense yet what powerhouse offenses have they held in check?? Oklahoma?? Maybe but the fact is a lot of defenses in bowl games have held those potent big 12 defenses to nothing in years past. That being said no other team they have beat is considered an offensive force if they seem to be ,all you have to do is look who they scored all those points on. Are they a good team ? Yes!! Can thy be competitive with bama? I don't see it !! Let's just wait and see what happens in the bowl games , if they prove themselves then I will be a believer !!

#3006791 - 10/29/12 10:52 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

content Online
I'm a Notre Dame fan and have been my whole life. Grew up in Indiana, attended quite a few games and follow them as closely as I can. I watched the ND-USC game in the delivery room while my first child was born. I'm ate up with 'em.

Coach Kelly HAS done an OUTSTANDING job in South Bend and they ARE a darn good team, and 100% for real which is the title of this thread anyway.

I do not believe that they are on Alabama's level yet, but absolutely believe them worthy of the praise they are currently receiving in polls and media.

#3006796 - 10/29/12 10:59 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: AndyW]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Originally Posted By: AndyW
I'm a Notre Dame fan and have been my whole life. Grew up in Indiana, attended quite a few games and follow them as closely as I can. I watched the ND-USC game in the delivery room while my first child was born. I'm ate up with 'em.

Coach Kelly HAS done an OUTSTANDING job in South Bend and they ARE a darn good team, and 100% for real which is the title of this thread anyway.

I do not believe that they are on Alabama's level yet, but absolutely believe them worthy of the praise they are currently receiving in polls and media.

You are exactly right, I guess I got caught up with the bama convo and rolled with it. No pun intended. \:\)
They are in my book a little above where boise was a few years ago. Beat a big name team in a bowl game and they are back. They have made huge strides since last year as they couldn't get out of there own way . I just can't stand Lou tholtz , he picks them when everyone in the country knows they don't have a prayer. He turns a lot of other fan bases off to them because of his stupidity. I love laughing at him though.

#3006843 - 10/30/12 04:04 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
bowhunterfanatic
8 Point

Loc: McNairy County

content Online
This thread cracks me up. If some people on here knew half as much about deer hunting as they think they know about football they'd be tagging out on booners every year in TN.

If 6 NCs in a row isn't enough to make you realize that playing "mediocre" SEC teams week in and week out is still tougher than what any computer model says about a team's schedule from another conference, maybe this will.

Latest projections from ESPN's football gurus project nearly 50% of the first round of the NFL draft to be made up of players from the SEC. That alone should tell you how tough the conference is.

ND has a very solid D, but their O would struggle to score one single time against a top SEC D like Alabama or Florida. On the other hand, it's hard to say if their D could stop a faster stronger offense that many SEC teams would put on the field. I really hope they get to play the loser of the SEC champ. in a BCS bowl and prove how good they are...or aren't.

#3006922 - 10/30/12 06:22 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: bowhunterfanatic]
Model70Man
12 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

content Online
ND is not as good as their ranking. The BCS ranked 4 thru 9 in the poll will destroy ND.
Zeiss Victory Varipoint #60 Illuminated

#3007173 - 10/30/12 09:37 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Model70Man]
THE DUKE
6 Point

Loc: Lebanon,Tennessee

Things would change alot if ND wimps would join a conference, but they don't so they can get that easy @ large. They should'nt be bcs contenders because they refuse to join a conf. They get 1 or 2 so so teams a yr and the rest is some sort of military branch.
#3007321 - 10/30/12 11:05 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: THE DUKE]
eightpointer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: JOSEY WALES
Things would change alot if ND wimps would join a conference, but they don't so they can get that easy @ large. They should'nt be bcs contenders because they refuse to join a conf. They get 1 or 2 so so teams a yr and the rest is some sort of military branch.

Why should they? Its a free country. They don't need to.

#3007361 - 10/30/12 11:43 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
THE DUKE
6 Point

Loc: Lebanon,Tennessee

Thats fine if they don't want to, just can't play in any bcs bowls, why are they special everybody has to, it's not fair to the one's that are to have to win there conf and ND gets in there with 2-3 loses and knocks them out. Seen it happen many times over the yrs.
#3007363 - 10/30/12 11:44 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

ND would suffer a bad one against Bama but to say they couldn't beat MS State right now is pathetic. I dare say they give Fl all they want as well as GA and SC.

Funny how all the Vols fans go to 'default' SEC setting when their team couldn't beat the Sisters of the Blind right now.

#3007406 - 10/30/12 12:07 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Loc: knoxville

I watched the Stanford ND game and the officiating was pitiful on ND last possesion in regulation 1) a late hit/pf that wasnt late on the QB that gave them a first down and 2) a pass interference call on the same drive to keep it alive. Not to mention the two times Stanford got into the end zone on their possesion in OT. ND was given that game by the officials, I hope they got the game ball for it. The media and talking heads love them some ND especially since its been awhile since they were relevant. I dont see them loseing until USC so I guess we will get this cramed down our throat by the media about how good they are till then lol. Are they good yes but not anywhere near Alabama good.
#3007414 - 10/30/12 12:15 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: NICHOLS3]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

I guess they could be talking about Grueden coming to TN.

#3007853 - 10/30/12 05:09 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
eightpointer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
ND would suffer a bad one against Bama but to say they couldn't beat MS State right now is pathetic. I dare say they give Fl all they want as well as GA and SC.

Funny how all the Vols fans go to 'default' SEC setting when their team couldn't beat the Sisters of the Blind right now.

Great post.. Vol fans love to hate on ND! HAA KInda like they say..dont hate me cause you aint me...

#3007957 - 10/30/12 06:27 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

happy Online
What did the Alabama graduate say to the Tennessee graduate?

Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order please?.........

#3007966 - 10/30/12 06:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Rackseeker]
Hangnail
12 Point

Rackseeker, check those two colleges' academic standings and I think you'll find it would be the other way around. Hate to say it, but Alabama is a better school than Tennessee in both football and academics.
#3008028 - 10/30/12 07:10 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

nothing to do with a default setting. What's pathetic is that year after year after year those teams you just listed consistently have won bowl games over the so called best of the rest and yet people still seem to make absurd statements such as this ^^^^^^^^^^^
Not saying notre dame is bad but if they would have played the same schedule as UT they would have 3-4 losses right now. You will laugh at my opinion just as 99% of the country will laugh at yours !!

#3008036 - 10/30/12 07:16 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

happy Online
Rackseeker, check those two colleges' academic standings and I think you'll find it would be the other way around. Hate to say it, but Alabama is a better school than Tennessee in both football and academics.

Nobody said you couldn't be smart and work at McDonalds also. I'm just pokin fun today. I'm the last person that needs to be discussing college football.LOL.......

#3008054 - 10/30/12 07:25 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Rackseeker]
Hangnail
12 Point

As you've noticed, there are no Einsteins on this site, so you're in good company.
#3008090 - 10/30/12 07:44 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

As you've noticed, there are no Einsteins on this site, so you're in good company.
hey... I didn't vote for obama!!!

#3008098 - 10/30/12 07:48 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Rackseeker]
Vermin93
12 Point

These jokes about Alabama graduates serving Tennessee graduates got me wondering which SEC programs do the best job of sending their football student athletes into the real world with a college diploma. The numbers below are the 2011-2012 graduation success rates for football student athletes.

No surprise to see Vanderbilt on top in the SEC, but LSU in 2nd place was a surprise to me. Guess I had the wrong perception.

Columbia University-Barnard College 100
Dartmouth College 100
Bucknell University 98
Yale University 98
Cornell University 97
Furman University 97
Northwestern University 97
University of Notre Dame 97
University of Pennsylvania 97
Brown University 96
Davidson College 96
Harvard University 96
Lafayette College 96
Boston College 94
University of Dayton 94
University of Miami (Florida) 94
University of Richmond 94
Valparaiso University 94
College of the Holy Cross 93
Rice University 93
Duke University 92
Colgate University 91
Pennsylvania State University 91
Rutgers, State Univ of New Jersey, New Brunswick 91
Stanford University 90
College of William and Mary 90
Villanova University 89
Wofford College 89
Princeton University 88
U.S. Military Academy 88
Monmouth University 87
University of New Hampshire 87
Towson University 87
U.S. Naval Academy 87
Samford University 86
U.S. Air Force Academy 86
Wake Forest University 86
Vanderbilt University 85
Elon University 85
Drake University 84
Miami University (Ohio) 84
South Dakota State University 84
Northern Illinois University 83
University of Iowa 82
Boise State University 81
University of Central Florida 81
Duquesne University 80
University of San Diego 80
Utah State University 80
Colorado State University 79
Georgetown University 79
Syracuse University 79
Texas Christian University 79
West Virginia University 79
Gardner-Webb University 79
California Polytechnic State University 77
Eastern Illinois University 77
Louisiana State University 77
University of Northern Iowa 77
University at Albany 76
Butler University 76
Fordham University 76
Marist College 76
University of Alabama 75
Clemson University 75
University of Florida 75
University of Illinois, Champaign 75
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 75
University of Nevada 75
Tulane University 75
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University 75
University of California, Davis 74
University of Memphis 74
The Ohio State University 74
Ohio University 74
Southern Methodist University 74
University of Washington 74
The Citadel 73
Coastal Carolina University 73
Illinois State University 73
Louisiana Tech University 73
University of Maine, Orono 73
University of Missouri, Columbia 73
North Dakota State University 73
Wagner College 73
Alabama State University 72
University of Kansas 72
Lehigh University 72
University of Montana 72
Northern Arizona University 72
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale 72
Marshall University 71
University of Southern Mississippi 71
Arkansas State University 70
University of Cincinnati 70
Indiana University, Bloomington 70
University of Pittsburgh 70
University of Tulsa 70
Bowling Green State University 69
University of Connecticut 69
University of Georgia 69
University of Michigan 69
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 69
University of Northern Colorado 69
Robert Morris University 69
Tennessee Technological University 69
Texas A&M University, College Station 69
University of Virginia 69
California State University, Fresno 68
University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68
Saint Francis University (Pennsylvania) 68
Eastern Kentucky University 67
McNeese State University 67
University of Nevada, Las Vegas 67
Western Carolina University 67
Western Kentucky University 67
Western Michigan University 67
University of Idaho 66
University of North Texas 66
Southeastern Louisiana University 66
Temple University 66
Texas Tech University 66
University of Utah 66
Western Illinois University 66
University of Central Arkansas 66
Charleston Southern University 65
Jacksonville University 65
University of Kentucky 65
University of Maryland, College Park 65
University of Massachusetts, Amherst 65
Middle Tennessee State University 65
University of Wisconsin, Madison 65
Appalachian State University 64
Auburn University 64
Liberty University 64
Michigan State University 64
Norfolk State University 64
University of Oregon 64
San Diego State University 64
University of Toledo 64
Arizona State University 63
Baylor University 63
Brigham Young University 63
University of Colorado, Boulder 63
Eastern Washington University 63
University of Louisville 63
Stony Brook University 63
University of Wyoming 63
Austin Peay State University 62
University at Buffalo, the State University of New York 62
University of California, Los Angeles 62
Iowa State University 62
James Madison University 62
North Carolina State University 62
Oklahoma State University 62
Southeast Missouri State University 62
East Carolina University 61
New Mexico State University 61
University of New Mexico 61
Nicholls State University 61
Sam Houston State University 61
Indiana State University 60
Mississippi State University 60
Northwestern State University 60
Oregon State University 60
Alcorn State University 59
University of Mississippi 59
Portland State University 59
Purdue University 59
University of Louisiana at Lafayette 59
University of Tennessee at Martin 59
Delaware State University 58
University of Hawaii, Manoa 58
Howard University 58
Kansas State University 58
Southern University, Baton Rouge 58
Missouri State University 58
Texas State University-San Marcos 58
Tennessee State University 58
University of Tennessee, Knoxville 58
University of Texas at Austin 58
University of Texas at El Paso 58
Virginia Military Institute 58
University of Akron 57
University of Alabama at Birmingham 57
Ball State University 57
Central Connecticut State University 57
University of Delaware 57
Kent State University 57
Murray State University 57
University of Southern California 57
Troy University 57
Montana State University-Bozeman 56
University of Rhode Island 56
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 55
Florida State University 55
Georgia Institute of Technology 55
University of Houston 55
University of South Carolina, Columbia 55
Youngstown State University 55
California State University, Sacramento 54
Jacksonville State University 54
Morgan State University 54
University of Louisiana at Monroe 54
University of Arizona 53
University of South Florida 53
Washington State University 53
Eastern Michigan University 52
Florida Atlantic University 52
Jackson State University 52
Prairie View A&M University 52
Sacred Heart University 52
Bethune-Cookman University 51
Hampton University 51
North Carolina Central University 51
University of California, Berkeley 48
San Jose State University 48
South Carolina State University 48
Weber State University 48
Central Michigan University 47
University of Oklahoma 47
Southern Utah University 46
Alabama A&M University 45
Morehead State University 45
Georgia Southern University 44
Florida A&M University 42
University of Arkansas, Pine Bluff 42
Florida International University 40
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 40
Grambling State University 38
North Carolina A&T State University 38
Savannah State University 38
Texas Southern University 38
Stephen F. Austin State University 36
Idaho State University 35
Mississippi Valley State University 33

#3008151 - 10/30/12 08:08 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Is that just graduation rates?? If so Tennessee hasn't had a Sr in 3 years. \:\) they keep getting kicked off by the new coaches.
#3008173 - 10/30/12 08:16 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
eightpointer
14 Point

Just to be very clear here....I like ND and don't like the Vols. I also like Vandy...Having said all that...please don't take none of this garbage from me personally. Hell..I couldn't get in Vandy or ND if I had a million bucks..happy huntin fellas. and oh...also am a Spurrier fan. HHAAAAA..
#3008331 - 10/30/12 09:43 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

I don't think anyone is taking it personal. In the end its just football and until the teams we are discussing actually play , then we really don't know who would win!! It's just fun to speculate and give other people grief ,it all goes full circle and what goes around comes around. Trust me ....I know.... Go vols!!!
\:\)

#3008410 - 10/30/12 10:48 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Vermin93
12 Point

I'm glad some at least some agree that 2012 Notre Dame > 2012 SEC with the exception of Alabama.

Me and Lou a few years ago. I wonder who will retire from ESPN first - Lou or Corso?

#3014204 - 11/03/12 04:12 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

Just curious but what is Pitts record?
Toyota
Apple

#3014219 - 11/03/12 04:29 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

ND is looking real good against Pitt \:D
#3014247 - 11/03/12 05:01 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
beachguy
10 Point

Didn't Pitt lose to Youngstown state or am I thinking of some other team?
Toyota
Apple

#3014255 - 11/03/12 05:13 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Yep they lost to Youngstown St their first game
#3014301 - 11/03/12 05:44 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
beachguy
10 Point

Ouch, that pick is gonna hurt
Toyota
Apple

#3014309 - 11/03/12 05:50 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Well guess today answered the op question!! Wow pitt
#3014313 - 11/03/12 05:52 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
beachguy
10 Point

\:\) and now the refs step in, jeeze
Toyota
Apple

#3014318 - 11/03/12 05:56 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Vermin93
12 Point

I had a feeling someone would dig up this thread.

Classic trap game. It's not over yet. Good teams find a way to win in situations like this. Let's see what happens...

#3014319 - 11/03/12 05:56 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Its pretty bad since ND is so "good" the refs have to hand them the game against Pitt
#3014323 - 11/03/12 06:00 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Still...looks like pitt found a way to give it to them. They shouldn't even be in the game as bad as they are
#3014326 - 11/03/12 06:01 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
tn_duckman
4 Point

The refs gave ND that touchdown when they called pass interference on Pitt
#3014334 - 11/03/12 06:05 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
beachguy
10 Point

Good teams find a way to win in situations like this

True!

Edited by beachguy (11/03/12 06:05 PM)
Toyota
Apple

#3014352 - 11/03/12 06:29 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
beachguy
10 Point

oh my!
Toyota
Apple

#3014353 - 11/03/12 06:29 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Well can pitt get a point?????
#3014363 - 11/03/12 06:32 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
beachguy
10 Point

Jeeze
Toyota
Apple

#3014367 - 11/03/12 06:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Nope... Lol . I think the Irish gets them here
#3014374 - 11/03/12 06:37 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
beachguy
10 Point

On the miss FG, why didn't they run it to the midde of the field?
Toyota
Apple

#3014376 - 11/03/12 06:40 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
monsterbuck07
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Same question I asked......

#3014377 - 11/03/12 06:40 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
beachguy
10 Point

BALLGAME
Toyota
Apple

#3014382 - 11/03/12 06:43 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
AndyW
10 Point

content Online
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real.

#3014385 - 11/03/12 06:46 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: AndyW]
beachguy
10 Point

lol heck ya, they really hammered mighty PITT

at home
Toyota
Apple

#3014387 - 11/03/12 06:47 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

ND beat Pitt defiantly a #1 team ha
#3014388 - 11/03/12 06:49 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: AndyW]
Vermin93
12 Point

Amen, brother! After a long drought the magic is back!

Epic comeback after an awful 3 quarters of football.

Everett Golson grew up a lot during that game. Kelly finally has his kind of QB. The future looks very bright for ND!

Time to celebrate!

#3014390 - 11/03/12 06:50 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
beachguy
10 Point

IMO,
1.BAMA
2.Oregon

3.-25. Everybody else
Toyota
Apple

#3014394 - 11/03/12 06:52 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
beachguy
10 Point

Amen, brother! After a long drought the magic is back!

Epic comeback after an awful 3 quarters of football.

Everett Golson grew up a lot during that game. Kelly finally has his kind of QB. The future looks very bright for ND!

Time to celebrate!

So last week BAMA hasn't played anybody, this week PITT = New England Patriots? Ok then, I get it
Toyota
Apple

#3014396 - 11/03/12 06:54 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
AndyW
10 Point

content Online
IMO,
1.BAMA
2.Oregon

3.-25. Everybody else

I'd buy into that, sorta. Bama and Oregon are definitely the cream of the crop.

But my Irish are finding ways to win, even the ugly ones. There wont be an asterisk beside today's W.

#3014407 - 11/03/12 07:04 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Vermin93
12 Point

lol heck ya, they really hammered mighty PITT

at home

Welcome to college football. Apparently you haven't followed it very long. These are young men and every week is different in this game. That's why it's such a great sport and better than the NFL, in my opinion. Do you think maybe Pitt was a little more amped up to play a 9-0 rival like Notre Dame than they were to play Youngstown State? This game was Pitt's 2012 Super Bowl. Next week the ND game will be BC's Super Bowl and the week after that the ND game will be Wake Forest's Super Bowl. ND played sloppy, turned it over in the endzone, missed a FG, missed a PAT, fumbled on the goal line, and still found a way to win.

By the way - the mighty SEC Florida Gators beat a very mediocre Missouri team in The Swamp by whopping 7 points today, so what's your point again?

Very few college teams can bring their A or B game every week of the season. Good teams find a way to win when they bring their C or D game.

You know the Irish are back when the haters swarm. Keep on hating, brother!

#3014409 - 11/03/12 07:06 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: AndyW]
tn_duckman
4 Point

I think its funny how you guys are saying ND is the real deal.. they barely beat Pitt and it was with a little help from the refs at that

The pass interference call on Pitt was a horrible call and gave ND a first down which lead to a TD which should have never happened

#3014410 - 11/03/12 07:06 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
beachguy
10 Point

You got a good team! Enjoy it
Toyota
Apple

#3014436 - 11/03/12 07:26 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

I think its funny how you guys are saying ND is the real deal.. they barely beat Pitt and it was with a little help from the refs at that

The pass interference call on Pitt was a horrible call and gave ND a first down which lead to a TD which should have never happened

and bama will get beat tonight

a&m whipped miss (no body) ST

on things I dont need

#3014823 - 11/03/12 11:02 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
beachguy
10 Point

and bama will get beat tonight

You better stick with hunting boss
Toyota
Apple

#3014824 - 11/03/12 11:03 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
tn_duckman
4 Point

^^haha i agree with beach
#3014873 - 11/04/12 12:25 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
BamaProud
12 Point

Notre Dame is a good football team this year and things appear to be heading in the right direction, but until they win a BCS game they aren't back. How long has it been since they have won a meaningful bowl game?

I agree that even good teams struggle at times, but its usually not against a 4-4 Big East team.

#3014942 - 11/04/12 05:52 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

What's really sad is Brian Kelly showed up for his interview for the TN football job with an orange tie on. Tennessee, obviously, didn't hire him.

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3014975 - 11/04/12 06:45 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: pastorbmp]
rutdog
6 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

ND would have a hard time hanging with vandy in my opionion
#3014986 - 11/04/12 07:00 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: rutdog]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

IMO, Pitt loss because they could not call a decent play in the 4th qtr. They should have won by simply capatalizing on NDs mistakes and get a few first downs late in the game. They quit playing, imo. When the Irish are faced with a pass rush and a team that actually has a great offense, it could get ugly. What was Mizz 4-4...?

At home, an undefeated team ranked in the top ten should beat an opponent that is not ranked, by two tds or more...every time.

ND got outplayed by an unranked team and should have loss, if not for a missed chipshot field goal in OT......They thought they could simply show up at home and win ....well, they won, but it took a bit of irish luck to get it done...

congrats to the irish.....but, no national title for you.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3015235 - 11/04/12 11:17 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Bottom Hunter]
beachguy
10 Point

Strength of schedule:

alabama-17
k state-33
ND-16
Oregon-47
florida-6
georgia-39
fsu-108
Toyota
Apple

#3015245 - 11/04/12 11:31 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: rutdog]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: rutdog
ND would have a hard time hanging with vandy in my opionion

Oklahoma would probably have a hard time hanging with them too, huh? Vandy would probably roll Stanford and Michigan as well, right?

Sorry, but some of these opinions are just silly. Vandy has beat absolutely nobody.

#3015249 - 11/04/12 11:37 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
IMO, Pitt loss because they could not call a decent play in the 4th qtr. They should have won by simply capatalizing on NDs mistakes and get a few first downs late in the game. They quit playing, imo. When the Irish are faced with a pass rush and a team that actually has a great offense, it could get ugly. What was Mizz 4-4...?

At home, an undefeated team ranked in the top ten should beat an opponent that is not ranked, by two tds or more...every time.

ND got outplayed by an unranked team and should have loss, if not for a missed chipshot field goal in OT......They thought they could simply show up at home and win ....well, they won, but it took a bit of irish luck to get it done...

Notre Dame has not had a home field advantage for many years. They play as good or better on the road for reasons I will never understand. It is maddening to ND fans. Sometimes I wish they would play their whole schedule on the road.

#3015274 - 11/04/12 12:08 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

I hope that Notre Dame gets their BCS game and it's the Sugar Bowl. I'd like to see them get a handful of LSU or Florida. I don't see Georgia making it unless they win the SEC title. It's football, so anything is possible. Well, except the Irish winning.
#3015289 - 11/04/12 12:25 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
AndyW
10 Point

content Online

Notre Dame has not had a home field advantage for many years. They play as good or better on the road for reasons I will never understand. It is maddening to ND fans. Sometimes I wish they would play their whole schedule on the road.

^^^This. ND Stadium holds just north of 80,000 people. Roughly 5000 of that is student section and the rest is crusty old season ticket holders that either cant or wont scream on 3rd and long when ND is on defense.

Thankfully Coach Kelly brought in the songs between plays such as Crazy Train and Enter Sandman to breathe some life into the place.

#3015307 - 11/04/12 12:47 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Just for fun I compared the two teams: Vandy and Notre Dame

Notre Dame: 9-0
Has scored 240 points and Allowed 105 points
Played 4 ranked teams (2 teams ranked in top 10. (8 Oklahoma, #10 Mich State, Michigan #18 and Stanford #17)

As of week 11 Oklahoma is ranked #14 and Mich State is not ranked, Michigan is not ranked, Stanford is #16)

Vanderbilt: 5-4
Has scored 302 points and Allowed 81 points
Has played 3 teams ranked on top 10 (4 Florida, 5 Georgia and 9 South Carolina)

As of week 11 Georgia is ranked #5, Florida is ranked #7 and South Carolina is #12

#3015317 - 11/04/12 12:53 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kirk]
beachguy
10 Point

and.......
Toyota
Apple

#3015400 - 11/04/12 02:17 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

and.......

That is how they compare on points scored and points allowed. Notre Dame is undefeated and ranked in the top 5 and Vanderbilt is 5-4 and isn't ranked.

In my personal opinion, Notre Dame could not play an SEC schedule and do any better than Texas A&M or Mississippi State has. I think they could beat Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Auburn, Mizzou and Arkansas this year. I don't think they could beat Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. They might take out SC now that Lattimore is out.

I am not sure about Texas A&M and Mississippi State. 50/50 at best on those games.

#3015513 - 11/04/12 04:03 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Vermin93
12 Point

Kirk - just for fun I decided to also compare the two teams: Vandy and Notre Dame

Vandy scored 147 of their 302 total points against 2-7 Presbyterian (does this school really even have a football team?), 0-9 Massachusetts (one of the worst football teams in the world) and 1-9 Kentucky (the joke of SEC football). Teams like Presbyterian and Massachusetts will never in a million years find themselves on Notre Dame's football schedule. Notre Dame has beaten every team they've played. Vandy has lost to every respectable team they've played. About the only thing the two programs have in common right now is that they both do an exceptional job of graduating their football players.

Florida beat a bad Missouri team in The Swamp by a whopping 7 points yesterday. Does that mean Florida is no good? No, it most likely means they took Missouri for granted and didn't show up to play. It happens in college football - a lot. ND could easily hang with Florida, Georgia, SC, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and even with LSU due to the Les Miles factor. Alabama would beat Notre Dame, in my opinion.

Don't look now, but Notre Dame is only going to get better in the next few years:

Team Recruiting Rankings - Class of 2013

After hiring 3 totally unqualified head coaches during the past 15 years, Notre Dame finally has a competent college head football coach that knows how to develop players, hire good assistants, recruit top high school talent and most importantly develop a culture and attitude of winning (Tennessee sure could use a coach like that). In February Notre Dame will sign another recruiting class loaded with top high school talent on both sides of the ball, including 12 players that were offered football scholarships by Alabama, Florida or LSU. We have beat this horse to death in this thread, but Notre Dame is back so probably best to get used to it.

Edited by Vermin93 (11/04/12 04:04 PM)

#3016250 - 11/05/12 01:15 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

Kirk - just for fun I decided to also compare the two teams: Vandy and Notre Dame

Vandy scored 147 of their 302 total points against 2-7 Presbyterian (does this school really even have a football team?), 0-9 Massachusetts (one of the worst football teams in the world) and 1-9 Kentucky (the joke of SEC football). Teams like Presbyterian and Massachusetts will never in a million years find themselves on Notre Dame's football schedule. Notre Dame has beaten every team they've played. Vandy has lost to every respectable team they've played. About the only thing the two programs have in common right now is that they both do an exceptional job of graduating their football players.

Florida beat a bad Missouri team in The Swamp by a whopping 7 points yesterday. Does that mean Florida is no good? No, it most likely means they took Missouri for granted and didn't show up to play. It happens in college football - a lot. ND could easily hang with Florida, Georgia, SC, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and even with LSU due to the Les Miles factor. Alabama would beat Notre Dame, in my opinion.

Don't look now, but Notre Dame is only going to get better in the next few years:

Team Recruiting Rankings - Class of 2013

After hiring 3 totally unqualified head coaches during the past 15 years, Notre Dame finally has a competent college head football coach that knows how to develop players, hire good assistants, recruit top high school talent and most importantly develop a culture and attitude of winning (Tennessee sure could use a coach like that). In February Notre Dame will sign another recruiting class loaded with top high school talent on both sides of the ball, including 12 players that were offered football scholarships by Alabama, Florida or LSU. We have beat this horse to death in this thread, but Notre Dame is back so probably best to get used to it.

Notre Dame is a good team this year, but just because they are recruiting well doesn't mean they will get better. Recruiting is a big part of it, but it takes a few years to see if coaches can recruit and DEVELOP the right players. Also, your kidding yourself if you think Notre dame could easily hang with with Florida, Georgia, SC, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and LSU.

You said you thought Bama would beat ND...well not even Bama "easily" hung with LSU...and I suspect Texas A&M and GA or FL in the SEC c-ship game will be a struggle. The SEC is that good. 5 of the top 8 teams in the current BCS and 6 National championships is no coincidence.

#3016675 - 11/05/12 09:42 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
AndyW
10 Point

content Online
Notre Dame is a good team this year, but just because they are recruiting well doesn't mean they will get better. Recruiting is a big part of it, but it takes a few years to see if coaches can recruit and DEVELOP the right players.

Coach Kelly has a history of coaching his kids up and developing them to their absolute maximum potential. He did that at Grand Valley State, Western Michigan, again at Cincinnati and now at Notre Dame. ND will be a part of the conversation as long as he is skipper.

UT SCREWED UP when they didnt hire him.

#3016700 - 11/05/12 09:58 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: AndyW]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Notre Dame is the luckiest most over ranked team this year. Pitt should have never lost that game, yes Pitt the same team that got beat this year by Youngstown State had Notre Dame beat at ND.
#3016721 - 11/05/12 10:20 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: NICHOLS3]
Kingston
8 Point

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns

Notre Dame should have lost 3 times Saturday!
But they didn't.
Alabama barely beat LSU-no small feat but they otherwise haven't really played anyone.
From what I have seen so far-Oregon and Kansas St. should be in Nat Championship if it were to be played right now.

That is JMHO

#3016757 - 11/05/12 10:45 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
beachguy
10 Point

are you serious? That was the first time BAMA has trailed in the fourth quarter in 2 years.

The current Strength of schedule:

alabama-17
k state-33
ND-16
Oregon-47
florida-6
georgia-39
fsu-108

Edited by beachguy (11/05/12 10:46 AM)
Toyota
Apple

#3016769 - 11/05/12 10:53 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Kingston
8 Point

what part of: "That is JMHO" did you miss?

#3016773 - 11/05/12 10:55 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

are you serious? That was the first time BAMA has trailed in the fourth quarter in 2 years.

The current Strength of schedule:

alabama-17
k state-33
ND-16
Oregon-47
florida-6
georgia-39
fsu-108

You beat me to it lol, I was looking up schedules when you typed this.

#3016783 - 11/05/12 11:02 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
Hangnail
12 Point

Notre Dame is more lucky than good. It will catch up. USC will likely win their game later this month. Don't play a conference title game, similar to K-State. Alabama, Oregon and K-State say a prayer every night that the Irish are their opponent in the NC game.

Alabama beat LSU at LSU, the highest ranked one loss team at #5.Mettenberger played the game of his life, much like Garcia at South Carolina back in 2010. Never played as well again. They've got A&M this Saturday and likely Georgia in the SEC title game. They'll play for the NC if they win out. They'll have, by far, the strongest strength of schedule before bowl games of anyone.

Oregon hasn't played a team with a defense at all, and won't until bowl time. They'll probably play UCLA or USC in Pac 12 title game. Big woop. If they win out, they'll be playing in BCS title game.

K State offense is their QB. Bottle him up and they can't score more than 10 points on any of the above teams. Don't play a conference title game. If all three above win out, K-State gets left out of title game.

BTW, all this info and a dollar, plus tax, will get you a cup of coffe in most establishments with a drive through window.

#3016832 - 11/05/12 11:50 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
Kingston
8 Point

D***,
Thought this was Tennessee site. \:D
Never seen so much Crimson love in my life around Tn.
In MY OPINION Alabama showed the world Saturday night that they are beatable.LSU played like they had nothing to lose and gave the best fight yet.
I'm just uncertain whether Bama can outscore either of those two other teams. I am certain that 50+ points wouldn't be given up but either would score decent points on Bama.
And, BTW-I'm not a Bama hater at all.

#3016844 - 11/05/12 11:57 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
beachguy
10 Point

lol i just like college football, especially sec. Everyone said the same thing in 2010 about auburn. Oregon was averaging 49 a game, only scored 19 on auburn. And auburn had a average D. Lots of ball to be played
Toyota
Apple

#3016868 - 11/05/12 12:14 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Kingston
8 Point

lol i just like college football, especially sec. Everyone said the same thing in 2010 about auburn. Oregon was averaging 49 a game, only scored 19 on auburn. And auburn had a average D. Lots of ball to be played

Yes, but Auburn was averaging 42+ ppg and barely hit 22 and Oregon supposedly had a a bad D.

All of this proves that there should be a playoff! And not just 4 teams in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3016878 - 11/05/12 12:18 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
beachguy
10 Point

speaking of ND,

Notre Dame survived a potentially self-inflicted mistake Saturday, one that could have put its perfect season in further jeopardy.

When Pitt's Kevin Harper missed a 33-yard field goal in the second overtime that would have ended the game had it gone in, the Irish had Bennett Jackson and Chris Brown, both of whom wear No. 2, on the field together.

By rule, Notre Dame should have been penalized and the Panthers should have gotten a first down.

"No exception to [the rule]," coach Brian Kelly said during his Sunday teleconference. "It was a coaching mistake. ... We've got to do a better job -- an oversight that can't happen."

Kelly said he noticed the gaffe right after the play.

Pitt ended up kicking a field on its next drive to start the third overtime before Everett Golson rushed for the game-winning touchdown.

Notre Dame had been penalized for a similar mistake once earlier this season, when Dan McCarthy and Justin Ferguson, both No. 15, were on the kick return unit together in Week 2 against Purdue. Ferguson has since changed his jersey to No. 82.

"We have an easy way for us to make sure that this doesn't happen again," Kelly said. "[Jackson and Brown] won't be on the field again. It's on me now, so I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen."
Toyota
Apple

#3016903 - 11/05/12 12:46 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Oregon has a high powered offense, but a crummy D. That will burn them. ND is highly overrated. Right now the finals should be Bama vs. Kstate.

#3016929 - 11/05/12 12:57 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: JeepKuntry]
Hangnail
12 Point

LSU did show how to beat Alabama, but the problem is there isn't another LSU out there.
#3016950 - 11/05/12 01:08 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
beachguy
10 Point

That is a great point
Toyota
Apple

#3017465 - 11/05/12 05:54 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
beachguy
10 Point

LSU did show how to beat Alabama,

did they? LSU didnt win though. So....................... ;\)
Toyota
Apple

#3017781 - 11/05/12 08:19 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Hangnail
12 Point

If a blind mule had been the LSU defensive coordinator, LSU would have continued to play the same defense that had kept Alabama in check for the second half. But no, Chavis acted like he was at UT playing Florida and let his team get beat. So yes, they did show how to beat Alabama, they just didn't beat them.
#3018054 - 11/06/12 04:17 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
beachguy
10 Point

lol I get what you're saying. However, I thought BAMA had a bad game and Metz had the game of his life. Not to take anything away from lsu but BAMA's pass D wasnt very aggressive and I still don't understand why they quit running earlier. It was a classic!
Toyota
Apple

#3018070 - 11/06/12 05:11 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
ridgewalker
4 Point

Loc: marion

LSU did show how. 1. You need to have just as good atheletes on both sides of the ball.2 You need two weeks to prepare.3 You need to have the loudest crowd in college football.4 You need to have AL turn the ball over a couple of times.5 Your QB needs to play better than he has ever played in his life.6 Motivation factor like getting shutout in the NC game.7 AL quaterback needs to have his worst game at the same time. It will prob take a while for whoever is goin to do this to put the plan in action.
#3018229 - 11/06/12 07:11 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
BamaProud
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Kingston
D***,
In MY OPINION Alabama showed the world Saturday night that they are beatable.LSU played like they had nothing to lose and gave the best fight yet.
I'm just uncertain whether Bama can outscore either of those two other teams. I am certain that 50+ points wouldn't be given up but either would score decent points on Bama.

Did they show they are beatable...or unbeatable? I guess it depends on your perspective.

#3018236 - 11/06/12 07:15 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
BamaProud
12 Point

LSU did show how to beat Alabama, but the problem is there isn't another LSU out there.

Great point.

#3018243 - 11/06/12 07:19 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
beachguy
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Kingston
D***,

Did they show they are beatable...or unbeatable? I guess it depends on your perspective.
\:D
Toyota
Apple

#3018280 - 11/06/12 07:52 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Kingston
8 Point

It was one of the best games I've watched all season for sure. In my opinion it showed that Bama is beatable. Not saying anyone will, but the game showed some weakness' on their team.
Again-give us an 8 or 16 team playoff and let them have at it!

#3018282 - 11/06/12 07:54 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

so LSU showed the world that it is possible to BEAT an unbeaten team.....not sure I understand the concept...lol.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3018295 - 11/06/12 07:59 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Bottom Hunter]
beachguy
10 Point

so LSU showed the world that it is possible to BEAT an unbeaten team.....not sure I understand the concept...lol.
thats what I'm saying
Toyota
Apple

#3018307 - 11/06/12 08:03 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kingston
8 Point

Well bless your soul BH \:\)
Didn't realize you were into NCAA football.
Showed some weakness' that possible future teams will look at frame by frame.
And BTW-I am well aware that LSU LOST THE GAME. LOL

I said earlier that this was JMHO-is that not one of your old favorite lines? LOL

#3018451 - 11/06/12 08:56 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Notre Dame is a good football team this year and things appear to be heading in the right direction, but until they win a BCS game they aren't back. How long has it been since they have won a meaningful bowl game?

I agree that even good teams struggle at times, but its usually not against a 4-4 Big East team.

I'm a huge ND fan but BP is right.

#3018488 - 11/06/12 09:09 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Kingston
8 Point

Give us 8 or 16 teams in a playoff. You would get at least 3-4 SEC teams and ND, ORE,KSU, OK and have em go at it!!
My money would be on the SEC, but it would give those others an opportunity.

#3018512 - 11/06/12 09:15 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
BamaProud
12 Point

Right now if you had an 8 team playoff, you would have 5 SEC teams in it...that is if the playoff simply included the best 8 teams in the Nation.

#3018562 - 11/06/12 09:34 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Kingston
8 Point

That works for me. Hey'll they beat the crap out of each other all season, let them keep slugging it out through a playoff.
Last man(team) standing!

#3038287 - 11/17/12 09:49 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kingston]
Vermin93
12 Point

Bump!!!

#3038290 - 11/17/12 09:52 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

on things I dont need

#3038298 - 11/17/12 09:57 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
BamaProud
12 Point

Baylor is opening the door a little wider for Alabama to get back into the NC game.

Stanford is hanging in there with Oregon too. GO Stanford!

#3038300 - 11/17/12 10:00 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Vermin93
12 Point

Notre Dame vs Alabama would be old school and totally awesome.

#3038310 - 11/17/12 10:11 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
beachguy
10 Point

Getting interesting now
Toyota
Apple

#3038325 - 11/17/12 10:19 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
BamaProud
12 Point

Getting interesting now

Absolutely. ...I had this weekend pegged as a boring football weekend. I have been thoroughly entertained.

Stanford taking Oregon to Overtime. #1 is going down and maybe #2.

Roll Tide.

#3038328 - 11/17/12 10:21 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
beachguy
10 Point

OT game to decide if SEC goes to BCS Championship
Toyota
Apple

#3038336 - 11/17/12 10:31 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
beachguy
10 Point

AFFLACK
Toyota
Apple

#3038337 - 11/17/12 10:31 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Vermin93
12 Point

Wow! What a night of college football. Absolutely incredible!

#3038339 - 11/17/12 10:33 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
AndyW
10 Point

content Online
\:\)

#3038345 - 11/17/12 10:36 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: AndyW]
BamaProud
12 Point

Well that should put Notre Dame at #1 and Bama at #2. I don't see any scenario where the SEC isn't in the BCS Championship Game now....and it could easily be 2 SEC teams again! (if Notre Dame loses)

#3038349 - 11/17/12 10:42 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
wayne
8 Point

Loc: Grundy

content Online
Well that should put Notre Dame at #1 and Bama at #2. I don't see any scenario where the SEC isn't in the BCS Championship Game now....and it could easily be 2 SEC teams again! (if Notre Dame loses)

What if UGA beats Bama in Atlanta?

http://www.petakillsanimals.com

#3038350 - 11/17/12 10:44 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Hangnail
12 Point

I read where Barkley's shoulder is separated. If that is true, it will be Notre Dame and either Bama or Georgia most likely in the NC game. I don't know if Oregon will be able to stay ahead of Georgia or not. The Dawgs really got thumped by South Carolina. It will make for some interesting discussion for sure.
#3038354 - 11/17/12 10:48 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: wayne]
BamaProud
12 Point

Originally Posted By: wayne

What if UGA beats Bama in Atlanta?

UGA would go to the NC Game.

#3038358 - 11/17/12 10:58 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
tn_duckman
4 Point

i hope its bama whipping ND in the nat champ

Roll tide!!

#3038362 - 11/17/12 11:06 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: tn_duckman]
Vermin93
12 Point

I think Notre Dame will improve to 6-1 against Alabama if they meet in the BCS championship game.

#3038365 - 11/17/12 11:09 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

I think Alabama would simply embarrass ND.

#3038369 - 11/17/12 11:13 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Vermin93
12 Point

Doubt it.

On a related note, Bear Bryant was 0-4 against Notre Dame. Doh!

#3038376 - 11/17/12 11:25 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

Do you have a point regarding the Bear? You know he isn't coaching at Alabama today don't you? ...but then again ND hasn't been relevant since those times either.

Hopefully we will get to see the matchup, it would be the most watched game of all time, it would cost 2K for the nose bleed tickets.

...brazillions of foosball fans would be watching as Alabama mopped the floor with the Irish. \:\)

#3038379 - 11/17/12 11:38 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Vermin93
12 Point

Do you have a point regarding the Bear?

Yes...he never beat Notre Dame...in 4 tries. \:\)

#3038380 - 11/17/12 11:40 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

I'll put 50 bucks on Alabama Beating them if the matchup happens. Charity Bet?

#3038423 - 11/18/12 04:27 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Do you have a point regarding the Bear?

Yes...he never beat Notre Dame...in 4 tries. \:\)

heck bama may get beat by auburn

well naw but georgia yes

on things I dont need

#3038436 - 11/18/12 05:08 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

When Nick Saban has a month to prepare, he has never lost...Alabama will embarrass Notre Dame given the opportunity.

I say Notre Dame had to be careful against USC, even if Barkley doesn't play, you know they have a 5-star Qb just sitting back waiting to replace him!

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#3038467 - 11/18/12 06:21 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kevin]
PalsPal
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Kevin
When Nick Saban has a month to prepare, he has never lost...

How do you explain a 7-6 bowl record \:D ?

This sets up perfectly for Richt to get his first shot at a national championship. But, they would probably blow it.

#3038590 - 11/18/12 07:58 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: PalsPal]
Hangnail
12 Point

I think the month to prepare talk is based solely on Saban's last three BCS games. Don't forget Alabama lost in 2008 to Utah. As far as what happened forty years ago, Texas is 7-1 against Alabama. All those wins from decades ago didn't help Texas in 2009. Nothing is the same except the shape of the ball.

There is absolutely nothing Notre Dame can do offensively that Alabama can't stop. We've been hearing about the Irish and their front seven since September, but they've never lined up against anything like what Alabama can put on the field, including Stanford. Bama's played several defenses that are as good as Notre Dame. May not matter, as Georgia can beat Alabama if Alabama doesn't execute. Hopefully, Georgia will wear that all black getup like the last time they played.

#3038837 - 11/18/12 11:47 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
BamaProud
12 Point

Alabama will be a 40+ betting line favorite against Auburn, 14-17 point favorite in the SEC Championship game against GA and 14-17 point favorite against ND.

...my 50 dollar charity bet still stands if any ND fans are really as confident as they claim. money can go to TNdeer or a charity of the winners choice.

football played in the 70s and 80s has nothing to do with what is happening today. Until ND wins a BCS game they are still irrelevant.

I am not a Nd hater like I might sound, merely a realist.

#3047912 - 11/25/12 10:01 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
BamaProud
12 Point

Bump for Vermin or any other ND Coolaid Drinkers. Charity bet still stands if its a Bama/ND BCS Championship match-up.

#3047916 - 11/25/12 10:03 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
eightpointer
14 Point

So would you say Bama had a tougher schedule than ND?
#3047948 - 11/25/12 10:32 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

the schedules are close, the results are not.
Toyota
Apple

#3047959 - 11/25/12 10:43 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
eightpointer
14 Point

Say what you will. Bottom line...there is one undefeated team..it aint Alabama. They had their chance and blew it. They may get another and they may kill ND..but at his point they don't belong in the #1 spot.
#3047963 - 11/25/12 10:46 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Hangnail
12 Point

I would say that Alabama would be 12-0 with Notre Dame's schedule, yes. I also think Notre Dame would be 10-2 with Alabama's schedule with losses to LSU and A&M. Stanford is a good team, but they don't have the horses or even a Horse to beat The Tide. West Coast teams have great skill position players but they lack the athleticism across the board that the top SEC schools have. It's college football and anything can happen in one game, but I'd take my chances.
#3047972 - 11/25/12 10:53 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
beachguy
10 Point

but at his point they don't belong in the #1 spot.

i agree with that
Toyota
Apple

#3047975 - 11/25/12 10:55 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
beachguy
10 Point

West Coast teams have great skill position players but they lack the athleticism across the board that the top SEC schools have.

did LSU beat oregon last year? and auburn beat oregon also in 2010 BCSCG?
Toyota
Apple

#3047979 - 11/25/12 10:57 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
beachguy
10 Point

football played in the 70s and 80s has nothing to do with what is happening today.

but they OWN the BEAR! \:D an absolutley hilarious statement WOW! \:D
Toyota
Apple

#3047987 - 11/25/12 11:09 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
BamaProud
12 Point

So would you say Bama had a tougher schedule than ND?

Both teams had schedule that looked tough in August...notsomuch anymore. Since AL plays one more game against a top 5 team in the SEC championship game I give Alabma them the edge in toughness of schedule.

...and that isn't just my opinion
http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Edited by BamaProud (11/25/12 11:11 AM)

#3047990 - 11/25/12 11:13 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
BamaProud
12 Point

football played in the 70s and 80s has nothing to do with what is happening today.

but they OWN the BEAR! \:D an absolutley hilarious statement WOW! \:D

You misspelled irrelevant. \:D

#3047993 - 11/25/12 11:15 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
BamaProud
12 Point

but at his point they don't belong in the #1 spot.

i agree with that

X2...ND deserves to be #1 by default...simply because they haven't lost. But they are not the best team.

#3047995 - 11/25/12 11:17 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
eightpointer
14 Point

I'd have to disagree with that. Bama would have never beaten Stanford and doubtful with Oklahoma. They got trounced by a Freshman QB at home with A&M and the only reason they beat LSI is because Les ran about 4 crazy plays. LSU had em beat.
#3047998 - 11/25/12 11:21 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: eightpointer]
BamaProud
12 Point

Stanford is a good team...OU is garbage. What is your definition of trounced. Alabama was in it till the very end. And that freshman QB will win the Heisman

Edited by BamaProud (11/25/12 11:23 AM)

#3048006 - 11/25/12 11:28 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: BamaProud]
Hangnail
12 Point

Bama wouldn't beat Stanford? Really? Stanford would be a three loss team in the SEC East or West. Johnny Football is doing what no other QB has ever done, including Newton, so give him his props this year. I look for him to have a less productive 2013.

eighpointer, what kind of TV do you watch? I need one, then maybe obama wouldn't be going into his second term.

#3048025 - 11/25/12 11:40 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

heck bama couldnt beat Utah what conference was they in

i bet ga might beat them but no doubt
bama is weak they played the weakest schedule in sec
they couldnt beat A&M (which is not a real sec team)

notre dame will make bama fans cry come Jan

if the bear cant beat ND saban cant either

on things I dont need

#3048042 - 11/25/12 11:52 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
eightpointer
14 Point

Bama wouldn't beat Stanford? Really? Stanford would be a three loss team in the SEC East or West. Johnny Football is doing what no other QB has ever done, including Newton, so give him his props this year. I look for him to have a less productive 2013.

eighpointer, what kind of TV do you watch? I need one, then maybe obama wouldn't be going into his second term.

My TV is a real one..not one covered in orange. Vol fans jump on the Bama wagon when the Vols aint worth a crap. I've rooted for ND and Vandy forever.

#3048047 - 11/25/12 11:55 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
Hangnail
12 Point

That there's some more post DA. Kinda like arguing about plumbing with a fourth grader. I'll give ya that Georgia might with the SEC, but the rest is, well, idjit talk. If Georgia beats Alabama, Georgia beats the Irish by 10+. Notre Dame isn't built to play teams with athletes at every position. Take a good look.
#3048048 - 11/25/12 11:56 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
Hangnail
12 Point

eightpoiinter, who the hell you callin' a vol fan????
#3048057 - 11/25/12 12:04 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
eightpointer
14 Point

HHAAAAAAAAAA. Strike a nerve?
#3048058 - 11/25/12 12:04 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
beachguy
10 Point

eightpoiinter, who the hell you callin' a vol fan????
Toyota
Apple

#3048072 - 11/25/12 12:21 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Hangnail]
beachguy
10 Point

That there's some more post DA. Kinda like arguing about plumbing with a fourth grader..
\:D so you know DA
Toyota
Apple

#3113642 - 01/07/13 09:01 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
Kimberman
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Bump!!! LMAO!!!

#3113651 - 01/07/13 09:02 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Kimberman]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

LOL \:D

Μολων λαβε

#3113665 - 01/07/13 09:05 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
beachguy
10 Point

You'd have better chance of stealing AJ's girlfriend
Toyota
Apple

#3113721 - 01/07/13 09:18 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: beachguy]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

this game just proves how over rated nd is how dominate sec is and its freaking crazy manti was even in the heisman race he is way over rated as is all of nd team. standford would get killed in the sec and so would ou. johnny football is the real deal.

#3113733 - 01/07/13 09:21 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: deerhunter10]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Ouch... Pulling up old post....
#3113767 - 01/07/13 09:27 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Deer Assassin]
09FX4
4 Point

Loc: Arlington

heck bama couldnt beat Utah what conference was they in

i bet ga might beat them but no doubt
bama is weak they played the weakest schedule in sec
they couldnt beat A&M (which is not a real sec team)

notre dame will make bama fans cry come Jan

if the bear cant beat ND saban cant either

Oh really?

#3113773 - 01/07/13 09:30 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: 09FX4]
deerhunter10
10 Point

09fx4 hahahaha I think we are watching two different games...

#3113780 - 01/07/13 09:32 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: deerhunter10]
Timber Ghost
8 Point

Loc: Tn. Blount( Seymour)

content Online
WOW, just WOW!!

#3113795 - 01/07/13 09:35 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Timber Ghost]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

SO BAD!!!!! ROLLLLLLL TIDE ROLLLLLLLL ......... IRISH ........ WHAT A JOKE!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3113796 - 01/07/13 09:35 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: deerhunter10]
09FX4
4 Point

Loc: Arlington

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
09fx4 hahahaha I think we are watching two different games...

I think you misunderstood. DA said bear couldn't beat ND neither could Saban. Looks like Sabans doin the job to me!

#3113801 - 01/07/13 09:36 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: 09FX4]
deerhunter10
10 Point

oh my bad lol

#3113837 - 01/07/13 09:46 PM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: deerhunter10]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Don't give up on ND just yet! They've always been a 4th quarter team and Brent Musberger says so! \:\)

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3114015 - 01/08/13 01:13 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Rebel]
BamaProud
12 Point

This thread is a very entertaining read in retrospect.

I think Alabama would simply embarrass ND.

Doubt it.

On a related note, Bear Bryant was 0-4 against Notre Dame. Doh!

Brian Kelly is 0-1 against Saban \:\) ...he knew he was beaten at halftime:

ESPN's sideline reporter, Heather Cox, had a gem of a question for Kelly as he came off the field: "Where do the fixes need to come in the second half?"

Kelly's response? Well, maybe if Alabama forgets about coming back out of the locker room…

"Uh, maybe Alabama doesn't come back in the second half," Kelly said. "It's all Alabama. We can't tackle them right now and… who knows why. You know, they're big and physical. I guess I do know why. It's just that our guys have not tackled the way they have all year.

#3220932 - 04/13/13 07:33 AM Re: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are for real [Re: Vermin93]
beachguy
10 Point

Let me guess - most of you thought OU would pound ND in Norman last night...

By the way - that's the first time EVER that Bob Stoops has lost 2 home games in a season at OU, and he has been there a long time.

I did not say that I thought ND was better than Alabama. However, I find it hard to believe that any objective fan who has actually watched them play would not agree that this ND team is for real and is more than "a little above average".

Wait until the strength of schedule numbers come out and then let's see you explain those.
Toyota
Apple

Page all of 24 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
150 registered (TNTomtaker01, TN Larry, gatodoc, MickThompson, dmoser.270, Florida Cracker 971, 15 invisible) and 171 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90917 Topics
1062384 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.092 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.