Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#2993653 - 10/22/12 05:00 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BMan
Faux news? Good grief.

Another libtar(D) pretending to be something else.

Yep, no conservative has ever called Fox News Faux news. No where on Ron Pauls web site have they ever used the word Fux News, only in far left wing web sites and talk forums. he doesn't know anything about Ron Paul and the NRA thing was very old news, go to the NRA web site and they are 100% FOR Romney. He's a liberal Democrat and Obama supporter.

#2993681 - 10/22/12 05:20 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: Crappie Luck]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: NewTN Hunter
Watch out Novocaine. You will soon be branded a cult member.

Been there, done that.

Originally Posted By: Dale3

Novacaine, its a fact, many Ron Paul supporters were his biggest problem and turn off.
Paul had supporters, but he also had Paulys. Theres a BIG differents, and the Paulys cost him and turned people off. Paul supporters will tell you themselves, paulys hurt him and turned people off.
What you said is NOT what i was reffering to and you know it. You just proved it for me,thanks.

Your posts are generally short on facts. It's a fact why? Because you say so.

I'm sure it would make for a better debate experience for you for Paul's supporters to just take the mistruths and assorted fallacies spouted out on here instead of correcting them. Don't let the actions of those defending him affect your judgement of the Congressman.

Originally Posted By: Dale3

Wow, yes Paul has had only one wife, BUT he was not on the stage that night! \:o

Point was they went after Romney for his religion, and he stumped them with his response.
It would have been a great line for "anyone" due to question and where they were taking it.

It was funny, a great come back line that stumped them.

I was no Romney supporter in 2008, but i can appreciate a good line/comeback regaurdless of who says it. Good zingers are good zingers. Something Paulys cant do, thier to closed minded

Sorry you couldnt see it or get it, or appreciate it for your blinders.

If Romney used that line in a debate you should be able to find it. In order for it to be true, it would have to be in a debate that Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, or Sam Brownback were all not in. A similar quote was attributed to Ann Romney in an interview during that campaign, though.

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

Romney may not be the beat all conservative that we'd prefer, but he's a heck of a lot closer to making some needed changes than Ron Paul.

Only time will tell. Romney has the potential to be a great President that truly restores our country. He also has the potential to be a total disappointment - a moderate to liberal establishment sell out. He has been a completely honorable and devout man in his personal life by all accounts. Accounts of his political and business actions portray a less principled man. Again, only time will tell.

I would have preferred that the original post had excluded the section about Ron Paul and instead just compared Romney to Obama.

I do agree with MUP on this though - I definitely know who I'm voting against!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2993714 - 10/22/12 05:49 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: de novo]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Ron Paul has some very excellent positions. Unfortunately he isn't a good enough communicator to get complex issues across clearly in our 5 second sound bite media.

Instead of pouting and throwing a tantrum, Pauly's should be taking the policy positions that are winners grouping together and beating that one drum over and over until it becomes a mainstream issue.

I think Pauls biggest weakness (and best attribute) is that he wants to change everything at once. That is going to be a looser of a proposition in almost any election.

His position on the FED gained enough ground to get a bill passed to Audit the fed. Score!

Instead of hammering this one issue to its conclusion, you have legalizing drugs and a bunch of other stuff distracting from the good work he has done.

#2993781 - 10/22/12 06:49 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: fishboy1]
BowGirl
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Ron Paul opened my eyes that's for sure. He's one of the most important political figures to come around in a while. Hard to find a proven honest politician these days. Those two on the ballot sure wont be, but that's how they rig it to steal tax $$$.

Baaah Baaaaaaaaah sheeple.

#2993812 - 10/22/12 07:06 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: BowGirl]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

I like Paul but he's done. Therefore, the Kenyan must be done away with. That has yet to happen. He and his ilk are not above cheating to maintain office.
#2993861 - 10/22/12 07:26 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: 348Winchester]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

This election is about saving America. Ron Paul, even with his good ideas, cannot save America. Romney might. Taking one's eye off the target at this point will only endanger America further. I am voting to save America, and that means I am voting against Obama and for Romney.

The failure of the Paul supporters to see this only taints Paul's reputation. They are doing him no favors, and they are endangering America. Put America ahead of Ron Paul and vote for Romney. It is our, and our children's, only hope.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2993905 - 10/22/12 07:42 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: 348Winchester]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: In the Middle of no where

I liked Ross Perot as well as Ron Paul ideas, everything they stand for is plausible. Realisticly it will not happen at this time. If you really want something to be different you have to change yourself first.

#2994048 - 10/22/12 08:33 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: citico_tim]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
This election is about saving America. Ron Paul, even with his good ideas, cannot save America. Romney might. Taking one's eye off the target at this point will only endanger America further. I am voting to save America, and that means I am voting against Obama and for Romney.

The failure of the Paul supporters to see this only taints Paul's reputation. They are doing him no favors, and they are endangering America. Put America ahead of Ron Paul and vote for Romney. It is our, and our children's, only hope.

Well said.

#2995368 - 10/23/12 02:39 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: AndyW]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

I've been guilty of voting for the "lesser evil" up until this point. What do we have to show for it?

BOTH major party candidates support:

1. Abortion
2. Gun control
3. NDAA
4. Government bailouts
5. PATRIOT act
6. SOCIALIZED medicine

How's voting for the evil worked for us up to this point? It's gotten us into this mess-that's how.

I'm not voting for Paul because he's not on the ballot, but I'm certainly not voting for candidates who support those items above.

Team Peapicker

#2995453 - 10/23/12 03:24 PM Re: Understand who you are voting for [Re: TX300mag]
OHVATN
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

This is what we have to show for it since 1968:

1968 - Nixon (R)
1972 - Nixon (R)
1976 - Carter (D)
1980 - Reagan (R)
1984 - Reagan (R)
1988 - Bush (R)
1992 - Clinton (D)
1996 - Clinton (D)
2000 - Bush (R)
2004 - Bush (R)
2008 - Obama (D)

Einstein's definition of (collective, national) insanity.

We all deserve a better reason to vote for a candidate for president than [this guy] is not as bad as [that guy].

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (ChadG, rem270, robinhedd, Rebel, mhale22, Ballerski) and 103 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.