Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#2981561 - 10/14/12 07:51 PM Lease Member Etiquette Question?
lpo1981
6 Point

Loc: Dickson, TN

So I have a question about lease member etiquette or respectfulness to other members and was looking for some input to see if our group of guys is wrong and off base.
We had a previous Kentucky lease and moved to this peice of property 3 years ago when it became available, its a much larger peice of property so we allowed some of the old members of the lease stay on it which included to local guys who own adjoining property to this lease. Now we have no rules as to claiming stands or spots its open to everybody. But when we started we were informed by the local guys that they didn't want anybody hunting on the upper end of the property that adjoined there's cause they have food plots and that took there time and money to put them in and they didn't feel it was rite for everybody to be able to hunt that. So we all respected there request and none of us have ever hunted there food plots and permanent stands. Several of us have camped out the last 3 years on the lower end of the property 300 acres. 4 of us have had tripod feeders out with cameras the last few months and just found out this past weekend that the 2 local guys have been hunting the lower end every day almost the last 2 weeks and they informed one of our other members and they would continue to hunt the property like that till gun season opened and they would move back to there stands. And they continued to hunt this weekend on the lower end despite the fact that several of out members brought there kids for juvenile hunt this weekend including one of them setting up 200-300yds from a kid. So the president of the club was contacted who is also one of the guys in our group of 4. He approached the 2 local guys and asked them about hunting the lower end of the property and they stated they could do whatever they wanted or hunt wherever cause there are no claimed spots on this lease. But when he told them the same would apply for us to be able to hunt there food plots they both stated that it wasn't fair for us to be able to that cause it was there time and money to put those in. The president then said well we have feeders and mineral sites on the lower end and there reply was well that doesn't count and isn't the same as putting in a food plot. Were also pretty sure they have been checking our pulling our sd cards out of our cameras and returning them a few days later. I know we have no permanent stands, no claimed spots. Think this boils down more to a respect thing and the fact that we respected there request and didn't intrude on there area or food plots and maybe we expected the same treatment or repect from them. Oh on a side note there not hunting any of there food plots or permanent stands there for gun season.. sorry for the long rant...

#2981585 - 10/14/12 08:05 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: lpo1981]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

If it were me and I was planning on keeping the lease, I would seriously look into doing several things. 1st, not much you can do for this season without causing major friction, but as soon as season is over I would look at forming a board. Look at some of the established hunting clubs and formulate some "club rules" with consequences / fines for breaking said rules. They can decide if they want to stay or not. I've never been a club member anywhere, but when I looked at a hunt club in Hardin County this year, they had what I believe was a "common sense" set-up. They were picky about their memberships (not driven by $) to help create a friendly membership environment, common sense rules that did not change daily (unless it was a safety issue). Again, I've never been a member, didn't join this club either (little too far to drive), but again, it's YOUR club...don't make it harder than it has to be dealin' with not so friendly folks...just my two cents.

#2981595 - 10/14/12 08:12 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: TNGunhunter]
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

I take it that the adjoining land they own is not a part of the lease and if that is the case I can respect that, but in no way should any of the (lease part) become a sanctuary if the group does not agree with it.
Did they plant these plots on the leased part or on their own land?

#2981603 - 10/14/12 08:16 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: TNGunhunter]
Backstrapcrazy
6 Point

Loc: powell , Tennessee

I'm sorry , I missed the Question?
#2981618 - 10/14/12 08:21 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: Backstrapcrazy]
Southern Sportsman
6 Point

Loc: West TN

If they don't want the other lease members hunting "their" plots, then they should have leased all of it themselves, or they should have bought it outright. But if I was leasing 300 acres, I would hunt all 300 acres. If you're excluded from hunting a portion of the lease, then you should be paying less to reflect that.

It's hard dealing with people some times, but you just need to explain that the lease is a joint venture, and therefore everything is open to everyone. You'll just have to find a fair way of determining who hunts what.

#2981620 - 10/14/12 08:22 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: Backstrapcrazy]
Savage
8 Point

Loc: Crossville, TN

Their claim on food plots should have only extended the first year. After that, there should have been money from dues to put in group food plots that eere everyone's. it's not hard to find members for a good ky lease.

#2981631 - 10/14/12 08:26 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: Savage]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

You said that y'all allowed them to stay, well tell them it's time to go

#2981654 - 10/14/12 08:34 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: easy45]
Pursuit Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Way out there

Originally Posted By: easy45
You said that y'all allowed them to stay, well tell them it's time to go
Yep! There's enough difficult people in the world without sharing a hunting lease with them.

http://www.pursuithunting.com
http://www.pursuitland.com

#2981661 - 10/14/12 08:36 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: easy45]
Roost 1
10 Point

Loc: KY

Seems like y'all got a couple of selfish members...

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P

#2981669 - 10/14/12 08:38 PM Re: Lease Member Etiquette Question? [Re: Savage]
turk870
6 Point

Loc: centerville

been tring to get them kicked out since we got it back,they are the reason we lost it the first time,let them try that stuff on the other side of the lease and it will get bad.the origanal members are still pi@#%$ about loosing it not to mention they are a source of constant drama and problems.thats the main reason we dont go on that side cause it could get ugly.some of the stuff that went on this weekend(from what i heared wasnt up there)with it being juv.is unexcusable as far as im conserned(and i dont even have kids).i also think they are killing more than one buck,no way to prove it but i passed his son about every morning last year of gun season and he killed that one last yr during mzl.

Edited by turk870 (10/14/12 08:55 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
79 registered (TN RDG RNR, Beekeeper, TNTomtaker01, Tnscooter63, OneShot, Pine Ridge, 14 invisible) and 140 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85291 Topics
1030864 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.269 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.