Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#2964560 - 10/01/12 05:33 PM Re: All things considered.... [Re: Great White Stalker]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

White flash for me. I sat and watched one of my white flash cams take about 30 pics of a group of does the other evening just as it was getting dark and they never even raised their head at the flash. Its also very common that I get pics of the same mature bucks over and over again at the same camera sites through the year.

#2966239 - 10/02/12 08:32 PM Re: All things considered.... [Re: smstone22]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i just bought a bunch of different lower end white flash cams- 2 different moultrie models, a tasco, and a wildgame innovation. i swear the tasco had the best reviews and has impressed me the most so far, you can get them off walmart.com, shipped to your door for 50.00 bucks. very impressed so far

#2966594 - 10/03/12 07:22 AM Re: All things considered.... [Re: smstone22]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: smstone22
White flash for me. I sat and watched one of my white flash cams take about 30 pics of a group of does the other evening just as it was getting dark and they never even raised their head at the flash. Its also very common that I get pics of the same mature bucks over and over again at the same camera sites through the year.

If your mature deer show no reaction to white-flash, and you get can multiple picture sets of mature bucks at the same location, you are very lucky. This is not the norm. But in that rare situation, I too would stick with white-flash. The quality of the pictures is so much better, with little to no motion blur.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2980600 - 10/14/12 07:44 AM Re: All things considered.... [Re: BSK]
wobblegobble
6 Point

Loc: tn

Community high school should pay more!lol Get a blackflash the best period.

#2980720 - 10/14/12 09:46 AM Re: All things considered.... [Re: wobblegobble]
Columbia Scott
8 Point

Loc: Columbia, Tennessee

I have owned both. I have elected to go with red flash until the black flash cams get much cheaper and better night range. Where I put my cameras is generally pretty close to houses and or roads so I don't want people seeing a white flash trigger and adding my cameras to their pile of stolen cams. I am currently running 4 cameras. 3 Primos Truth 35's and a Scout-guard SG550V. I swap out the cards every two weeks. I average 600 pictures per week on each one. All wildlife. I have seen the red flash scare deer but not very often. The big bachelor groups consistently show up. The battery life on those Primos cams is AMAZING! I have had the same batteries in those cameras since July and last week they were still showing 70% life left in them.

#2980792 - 10/14/12 11:11 AM Re: All things considered.... [Re: Columbia Scott]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

I haven't ran a white flash in quite some time but I have no trouble getting pics of mature bucks up very close with the red flash. I don't think they stick around as long as they would with black flash and after time you will get camera avoidance if there's nothing to draw them in front of it. Example just setting it on a trail they'll just walk out of the detection zone. I am definetly going to go towards the black flash as my budget allows though.

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#2980840 - 10/14/12 11:50 AM Re: All things considered.... [Re: wobblegobble]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: wobblegobble
Community high school should pay more!lol Get a blackflash the best period.

HEARD THAT

#2980988 - 10/14/12 01:55 PM Re: All things considered.... [Re: redblood]
redblood
16 Point

i just put out 2 white flash models and one IR on the farm i just bought. put 2 other white flash models out on my parents farm and my uncles farm. gonna try to determine which models i like best. i wont pay much for a trail camera, i hunt too many places, where they could disappear

#2981162 - 10/14/12 04:16 PM Re: All things considered.... [Re: redblood]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: redblood
i wont pay much for a trail camera, i hunt too many places, where they could disappear

That can be a problem with black-flash. Now the prices have come down as competition has increased, but you're still looking at around $200 for a good black-flash.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2981167 - 10/14/12 04:20 PM Re: All things considered.... [Re: Columbia Scott]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Columbia Scott
I have seen the red flash scare deer but not very often.

We're not talking about flash "spook," where deer jump away from the camera. We're talking more about camera "avoidance," where deer learn to move at greater distances away from the camera or avoid going near the camera at all.

I still have a few old red-glow cams, which I use on the edges of food plots. Rarely do I get pictures of deer reacting negatively to the flash. But I do notice that over time the night-time pictures involve deer farther and farther away from the camera, and if I move the camera to a new location, suddenly the number of close-up pictures greatly increases. This tells me the deer are avoiding the red-glow cameras over time.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (CAW, camohunter3, Deer slayer85, BigPete357, cardia10, gtk) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.