Tndeer Logo

Page 11 of 11 « First<7891011
Topic Options
#2982179 - 10/15/12 08:48 AM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Romney isn't an America hating MUSLIM Marxist.

Fixed it for ya FLTNH. ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#2982324 - 10/15/12 10:36 AM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: MUP]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Yes both need to pass the budget but where you are wrong is they did not have to pass a CR and the CR is not a blank check it is just a "Temp Budget" I know all about budget as that is my Job I am a budget director. The biggest problem is this is a game of chicken and the conservatives always blink. The thing some do not know is it is not just one CR you can have one CR for defense spending and one for other things.
#2982592 - 10/15/12 02:09 PM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: timberjack86]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
 Originally Posted By: AndyW
 Originally Posted By: drrxnupe
 Originally Posted By: Kirk
We have to look at this realistically. We just saw the two men that will be a heart beat away from being President. Our votes really do matter. Can you imagine Biden as President?

Can you imagine Witt Fomney as president?

You might want to wrap your mind around Mitt Romney being the President, because he's going to win in a landslide.
X2! Landslide!!!!

I hope and pray yall are right
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#2983140 - 10/15/12 07:54 PM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: MUP]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: MUP
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Romney isn't an America hating MUSLIM Marxist.

Fixed it for ya FLTNH. ;\)

#2983630 - 10/16/12 06:03 AM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: waynesworld]
griz104
4 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
Yes both need to pass the budget but where you are wrong is they did not have to pass a CR and the CR is not a blank check it is just a "Temp Budget" I know all about budget as that is my Job I am a budget director. The biggest problem is this is a game of chicken and the conservatives always blink. The thing some do not know is it is not just one CR you can have one CR for defense spending and one for other things.

Finally someone who knows the true working of Government and knows that one or two men can't move mountains as some think they can..I think blame can be placed on all 535 of them (435 in the House plus 100 in Senate).. And yet nobody wants to realize that Government is not for the people anymore!

Edited by griz104 (10/16/12 06:07 AM)

#2983663 - 10/16/12 06:52 AM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: griz104]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: griz104
 Originally Posted By: waynesworld

Finally someone who knows the true working of Government and knows that one or two men can't move mountains as some think they can..I think blame can be placed on all 535 of them (435 in the House plus 100 in Senate).. And yet nobody wants to realize that Government is not for the people anymore!

You are forgetting a couple things here.

First off YOU can not elect anybody from a different state, you cannot vote for the people running for Congress in Iowa unless you are a resident of that state.

Second, each party has their party leaders who they mostly follow on most votes.

Third and most important here. The President can be a real LEADER here if he can work with Congress. Obama has a PROVEN RECORD of NOT working with the Republicans at all no mater the issue, to Obama it's either his way or nothing. Romney has a PROVEN RECORD of working WITH the Democrats. As Gov of Mass he worked with a State Legislatures that was made up of 87% Democrats.

All you really want to do is help keep Obama by saying nothing will change.

#2983877 - 10/16/12 09:23 AM Re: Paul Ryan just put the smackdown [Re: Wildcat]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

WC had one really good point above.

You cannot elect in another state...legally anyway.

That is the flaw in our current system. We are subject to the whims and folly of other states bad decisions but have no say in their bad policy.

The original design was popular election of the house
Electoral college election of the president
DIRECT appointment of the Senate by state Governors.

The intentional design had the Senators looking out for the interest of the individual states and could be recalled at will by the governor. This made it VERY VERY hard to pass pork.

The house could come up with whatever tax or spending they wanted but the senate would evaluate each bill by 1. What benefits does my state receive 2. What does it cost us. 3. Will the governor fire me and jerk me outta Washington if I vote for this bill ?

So it was VERY hard to pass most any spending measure. The " I will vote for yours if you vote for mine" BS was much tougher to pull off. You had 99 other Senators giving your proposal the hairy eyeball knowing full well that they could be recalled at a moments notice if they voted for something that didn't directly benefit their state as much or MORE than it cost them.

With passage of the 17th Ammendment (senators elected by popular vote) it provided an enormous layer of protection and insulation on incumbent senators. The direct accountability to the governor and responsibility for doing what is best for the individual State is greatly reduced and replaced by buying votes with pork. With VOTES FOR PORK being the new election model, ALL senators have the direct incentive to blow the budget every single year.

Edited by fishboy1 (10/16/12 09:24 AM)

Page 11 of 11 « First<7891011

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
56 registered (devo1980, volsfan1976, TW, Mickey_mvp, ruger7mag, Mudbone, 8 invisible) and 103 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85145 Topics
1028992 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.221 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.