Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456
Topic Options
#2975885 - 10/10/12 02:30 PM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: Winchester]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Winchester
I think the record books should definitely exist, but with only the deer and their exceptional features listed, no Hunters name unless you request it. This puts it all back to admiring the animal, not who killed it!

I can absolutely agree with that Winchester. Who isn't amazed and transfixed by the very outer limits of what Nature can produce? I am.

Quote:
I know many young people and adults alike are duped in to thinking the wrong thing from watching many shows and reading many trophy reports. That said, it takes a pretty naive and gullible person to believe everything he reads and see's on TV/Internet. As I have said before, common sense goes a long way, just unfortunate that its not nearly as COMMON as it needs to be!!!

The one major downside to the idea that TV hunting shows are "just entertainment," or that a little common sense will solve the problems, is that it has been proven over and over and over again that propoganda works. Hear/see something enough times, and it WILL sink into your subconcious. This is the sound scientific basis of advertising, marketing and political rhetoric. Companies/politicians spend so much on these things because they WORK.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2975932 - 10/10/12 02:56 PM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

I agree 100% of all in the above posts.

I also have no problem with record books. I just don't want the hunter's name included. I was a member of P&Y for nine years although I never sent a head in or had one scored for "the book". The book standard of 125" was a measure we used to rate bucks. Then, it became a measure of success. Then, something I can't expalin.

Today I hate it when I hear, "Will he book?" There should only be one measure of whether or not a hunter shoots a buck. Assuming it is legal, that one measure should be, does he want to shoot him? Nothing else matters. Not one thing.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (WORM82, utfan1, TN Whitetail Freak, ultra mag, fredfred, Gobblrgttr, 12 invisible) and 132 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95786 Topics
1121422 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.