Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#2974291 - 10/09/12 11:52 AM Big Bird says STOP!!!
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Big Bird will not be anyone's political puppet.

Sesame Workshop has asked the Obama campaign to take down a new TV ad that prominently features the famous talking bird, in a satirical spot mocking Mitt Romney for calling for an end to PBS subsidies.

"Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down," Sesame Workshop said in a statement.

An Obama campaign official said it has received the request and "will review their concerns."

The statement follows a week of Big Bird saturation in the media and on the campaign trail.

Romney touched off the frenzy when he said at last week's debate he wants to "stop the subsidy to PBS" even though "I like Big Bird."

The line took off on Twitter. "Saturday Night Live" included a Big Bird bit. Obama has repeatedly mocked Romney for the line in his post-debate stump speeches. And the Obama campaign ad released Monday featured a menacing voiceover warning of Romney's anti-Big Bird agenda.

"Big, yellow, a menace to our economy. Mitt Romney knows it's not Wall Street you have to worry about, it's Sesame Street," the voiceover says. "Mitt Romney, taking on our enemies no matter where they nest."

The Romney campaign said its rivals were distracting from bigger issues.

"Four years ago, President Obama said that if you don't have a record to run on, 'you make a big election about small things.' With 23 million people struggling for work, incomes falling, and gas prices soaring, Americans deserve more from their president," spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said.

News Link

#2974335 - 10/09/12 12:14 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QvnHI1K4cIE

#2974376 - 10/09/12 12:34 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson

"Four years ago, President Obama said that if you don't have a record to run on, 'you make a big election about small things.' With 23 million people struggling for work, incomes falling, and gas prices soaring, Americans deserve more from their president," spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said.[/i]

ZING! You go Amanda!!

#2974403 - 10/09/12 12:51 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

\:D \:D \:D @ CL!!!!

#2974429 - 10/09/12 01:17 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

If that's all the Democrats have to run on, let 'em keep on runnin' that stupid commercial.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#2974580 - 10/09/12 03:29 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Rebel]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Rebel
If that's all the Democrats have to run on, let 'em keep on runnin' that stupid commercial.

Yeah, but theres plenty of stupid people who this is just thier kind of ad, on thier level.

I love telling the dem's I run into how i like the new way they split up voting to ease over crowding.
They ask what am i talking about, i say havent you heard? this year Republican vote on Tuesday and Dems on Wensday!

They'er like wow, that is a good idea, wont be so crowded!

You talk about a "heres your sign" moment!

Edited by Dale3 (10/09/12 03:32 PM)

#2974593 - 10/09/12 03:46 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Dale3]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Kevin Madden, a senior Romney adviser, told reporters on board the candidate's plane Tuesday the campaign isn't taking the Obama's latest offensive seriously.

"Right now, you've got 23 million Americans struggling to find work. You've got household incomes going down. You've got a federal deficit, federal debt that's over 16 trillion dollars," Madden said. "I find it troubling that the president's message, the president's focus 28 days out from Election Day is Big Bird."

#2974620 - 10/09/12 04:01 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

A lot of parents look at Big Bird/Sesame St. as the nanny for their kids. Stick'em in front of the tube and they're entertained for hours.

#2974625 - 10/09/12 04:02 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Crappie Luck]
medwc
8 Point

Loc: Clarksville, TN, hunt FCKY an...

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QvnHI1K4cIE

LMBO!!!

That was the best!

#2974636 - 10/09/12 04:11 PM Re: Big Bird says STOP!!! [Re: Dale3]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

Originally Posted By: Dale3
 Originally Posted By: Rebel

Yeah, but theres plenty of stupid people who this is just thier kind of ad, on thier level.

I love telling the dem's I run into how i like the new way they split up voting to ease over crowding.
They ask what am i talking about, i say havent you heard? this year Republican vote on Tuesday and Dems on Wensday!

They'er like wow, that is a good idea, wont be so crowded!

You talk about a "heres your sign" moment!
I think most rely on what the media tells them instead of actually knowing what's really happening and also listening to the commercials.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Cowman71, FULLDRAWXX75) and 59 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.