Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

Nice

#2975882 - 10/10/12 02:29 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: WVBOWHUNTER
agree.. Devastating results. This broadhead is a fire and forget style. Meaning if it hits the deer its dead regardless of where. Wish I would have taken a picture of the doe I killed Monday with my rage 2 blade. Smoked her and it was a head shot. Looked like I took a axe to her head. It was a clean pass through too, cleared the skull out the lower neck and sunk into about 6" of dirt.

Are you sure you want to say that? I have a lot of rifles and I would never say that about any of them. Plus just a few days ago, on this forum, were posts about bad results with Rage and oother heads.

I'd give that ridiculous statement some thought and maybe spend some time practicing so I would not hit them in the head. Unless, that is where you were aiming in which case this post is useless.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#2975903 - 10/10/12 02:44 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: bowriter]
Savage
8 Point

Loc: Crossville, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
agree.. Devastating results. This broadhead is a fire and forget style. Meaning if it hits the deer its dead regardless of where. Wish I would have taken a picture of the doe I killed Monday with my rage 2 blade. Smoked her and it was a head shot. Looked like I took a axe to her head. It was a clean pass through too, cleared the skull out the lower neck and sunk into about 6" of dirt.

Are you sure you want to say that? I have a lot of rifles and I would never say that about any of them. Plus just a few days ago, on this forum, were posts about bad results with Rage and oother heads.

I'd give that ridiculous statement some thought and maybe spend some time practicing so I would not hit them in the head. Unless, that is where you were aiming in which case this post is useless.

I actually made a post about a decent buck I shot at 31 yds, but stuck the deer in the shoulder with a 2 blade rage. I got barely 4" of penetration and the arrow literally bounced out of the deer. He went 40 yds, licked himself off and started picking acorns again. Tracked him 200 yds up hill, 2 hrs later, before we lost blood.

#2975944 - 10/10/12 03:00 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: Savage]
bowriter
Non-Typical

There you go.

#2975946 - 10/10/12 03:02 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: bowriter]
richmanbarbeque
16 Point

Loc: Middle, Tn

I agree, BW.

#2975951 - 10/10/12 03:07 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: richmanbarbeque]
Kingston
8 Point

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns

Shot placement Shot placement Shot placement Shot placement

#2975994 - 10/10/12 03:38 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: Savage]
birddog
12 Point

Loc: Seymour, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Savage

I actually made a post about a decent buck I shot at 31 yds, but stuck the deer in the shoulder with a 2 blade rage. I got barely 4" of penetration and the arrow literally bounced out of the deer. He went 40 yds, licked himself off and started picking acorns again. Tracked him 200 yds up hill, 2 hrs later, before we lost blood.

I would say that is more if a arrow and bow issue instead of a BH issue. probably to light of an arrow.

#2976114 - 10/10/12 05:34 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: Kingston]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Kingston

If I really get down and dirty and honest, that's exactly why I use expandables. If I had hit that deer in that particular place with the worst broadhead on the market, it would have still killed her.

I feel that expandables fly straighter than fixed blades. I suck at tuning my bow, so I take the easy way out. I need all the help I can get.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#2976215 - 10/10/12 06:49 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: gil1]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: gil1
 Originally Posted By: Kingston

If I really get down and dirty and honest, that's exactly why I use expandables. If I had hit that deer in that particular place with the worst broadhead on the market, it would have still killed her.

I feel that expandables fly straighter than fixed blades. I suck at tuning my bow, so I take the easy way out. I need all the help I can get.

Give Gil a Dewey button. That is exactly why mechs. were designed, for those who can't tune bows or broadheads. The early ones were deplorable. The ones they make today, most of them, do a great job. None of them, repeat none of them, will kill anything with a bad shot.

Anyone who thinks otherwise and takes a bad shot thinking the bh will the difference, has no business bowhunting.

#2976468 - 10/10/12 09:14 PM Re: Rage 3-Blade Expandables [Re: Andy S.]
docpoco
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Well Dang. 3 bladed are on sale everywhere because everyone apparently think like I do... I had no idea they had been ok d.

Good move.! And nice shot!

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (260rem, Remington742, GreatWhiteHunter, KillenTime, 8kler, buckaroo, 8 invisible) and 127 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93195 Topics
1088511 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.099 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.