Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2973331 - 10/08/12 06:12 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: WRbowhunter]
BigD_625
10 Point

Loc: Maury County, TN

Originally Posted By: WRbowhunter
 Originally Posted By: BigD_625
There was a spot on public land we hunted for years on with no competition. It didn't really look like a good spot, so we pretty much had it to our own. We took a good family friend in there a couple of times. Next thing we know, there's someone there every time we tried it. We had to abandon the spot to avoid this type of confrontation. Admittedly, I felt like someone took "our spot" even though it wasn't on private property.

I have one of those spots but I know someday a new crowd will come in and that will be the end my Buddies and I little piece of paradise. Never invite anyone outside the circle.

He was in the circle. We've been hunting with him for years. Couldn't imagine that he would tell. He just let it slip in passing to a neighbor. His neighbor started the snowball.

#2973394 - 10/08/12 07:00 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: BigD_625]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

I don't have private land to hunt, so I'm out in the public domain every season. I try to be respectful of other people's hunts, so, if I cross paths or see another hunter...I quietly back out and find another path to my location...thinking maybe if I jump a deer, it'll run right to the other guy...wish everyone thought like this...on two seperate occasions last year, I ran into non-respectful hunters. We get out to the woods before daylight, set up our blind and sit quietly...this guy drives his atv within 10 feet of my blind!! I know he saw us, he waved on his way by!! Another guy was walking through the woods and didn't see us. I gave a little bob white whistle to quietly announce our presence. You think he quietly backed out? Nope. He waved and walked right through all our shooting lanes, posted up about 150 yards away, and lit up a friggin' cigarette!!! Now, I smoke, and was jonesin' pretty bad, because, again, we got out before daylight, and had not had a smoke all morning!! Talk about P.O.'d!!

Moral of the story? Please be respectful of your fellow hunters!! (climbing off soapbox now)

#2973407 - 10/08/12 07:10 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: TNGunhunter]
yamaha200
4 Point

Loc: seymour

I got on a lease one time in Giles county. There were 6 of us. For 2 days we scouted and hung stands. After everyone found the spot they wanted, I hung my stand last after everyone had thier place picked up. I was seeing deer every morning, and evening. They were crossing to me from one direction in the morning, and from the oppisite direction in the evening. Well I made the mistake telling them. The next trip down, one person hung a stand one direction from me, and another person did the same in the other direction. Needless to say, the cut the deer off from me. Needless to say, I learned the hard way to keep quite !
#2973419 - 10/08/12 07:19 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: TNGunhunter]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I always hear the same story, its my spot. On public land, it is what it is, public. The problem I have is someone putting up 2 or 3 stands and then calling all spots theirs. Thats the reason I carry my stand in and out every time I do. One, so nobody can find my location on public land. Second, so nobody steals it. I had a spot I hunted alot on public land. It was a pretty good walk back in there and I never seen anyone back there in this spot. I climbed this one poplar tree over about a three year period so much the bark was worn off one side. I named the tree the "killin tree". One morning I had a fella walk in on me and seen me perched 30' up the poplar tree. After I left that day I had a bad feeling someone found the spot I had hunted alone for the last few years. Well I went back in there the next Saturday morning and someone had a climber locked to the bottom of the killin tree. I haven't hunted it since, maybe I will hunt it some this year.

#2973563 - 10/08/12 08:42 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: HenryCohunter]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

I was hunting Chuck Swan about 15 years ago. This dude came in on me and set up about 50 yards away. I waved my orange hat and he waved back! After about an hour a spike came up behind me. I had to lean out from the tree and twist around to shoot it. My old .348 rolled him over. I drug it right past him and he looked pissed! He made some smart a$$ comment but I just ignored it. When I got to my truck, the bastard had parked right on top of me where it made it very difficult for me to maneuver my truck out. I got out and took a dump by his truck door where it was highly likely he'd step in it. That'll learn him!
#2973589 - 10/08/12 08:55 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: 348Winchester]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

^^^hahaha...good for you!! I hope he DID step in it!!

#2973594 - 10/08/12 09:01 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: 348Winchester]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
I was hunting Chuck Swan about 15 years ago. This dude came in on me and set up about 50 yards away. I waved my orange hat and he waved back! After about an hour a spike came up behind me. I had to lean out from the tree and twist around to shoot it. My old .348 rolled him over. I drug it right past him and he looked pissed! He made some smart a$$ comment but I just ignored it. When I got to my truck, the bastard had parked right on top of me where it made it very difficult for me to maneuver my truck out. I got out and took a dump by his truck door where it was highly likely he'd step in it. That'll learn him!

Thats the funniest story of this thread \:D

Edited by rem270 (10/08/12 09:01 PM)

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#2973615 - 10/08/12 09:15 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: rem270]
smokepolemonky
6 Point

Loc: Medon/Deanburg. Tn.

348 Winchester that story is the best i ever heard. Glad you did what you did.I would of done the same thing plus took the valve cores out of his tires and screwed the caps back on real loose LOL. Im so glad and appreciate that i have private land to hunt on.

#2973656 - 10/08/12 09:44 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: 348Winchester]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester

OUTSTANDING!!!

#2974603 - 10/09/12 03:52 PM Re: Hunter Harassment on public lands [Re: AndyW]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Boys, your bowels are a weapon! Nothing, I mean nothing, shows someone your distaste for them more than sh!tting on them. I have a couple of instances where I have "learnt" tresspassers with the fragrant produce of my innards.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (bootsinsand, Poser, mjac, dmonty, tn droptine, Grill-n-man, 12 invisible) and 109 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90962 Topics
1062981 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.