Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#2965765 - 10/02/12 02:56 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
LB FANATIC
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Good Lord, Ladies, Bill D. is a great steward for the sport, and I can remember watching his shows long before the crap that goes for fishing shows now.
I pray at 71 I can be doing what he is, please resume the B&M section at your discretion

#2965773 - 10/02/12 03:03 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Originally Posted By: Swamphunter
 Originally Posted By: HUNTFUN07
You say he only catch fish bc he fishes private lakes.

I would like for you to show me where I said this because I never did. In fact, this is what I said:

His methods will catch fish anywhere

I suspect you are having trouble with my posts because your reading comprehension level matches your understanding of basic grammar. Case in point, it's hard to take someone seriously that doesn't know the difference in there, their, and they're. That is a fifth grade skill.

The only thing I stated was watching "Mr. Bill" catch 5 pounder after 5 pounder from the same stocked pond doesn't interest me. He is a great guy and a great fisherman. He can catch fish anywhere and take me to school while doing it. But, catching fish in that pond doesn't take great skill. I have fished similar private lakes.

As far as fish getting educated and learning to recognize lures they see repeatedly, there is a ton of results from research you could read, but I'm not sure your reading comprehension level is high enough.

Your remarks above seems to be on the borderline of personal attacks. I am sure that his opinions were not implying any harm to you. I just didn't seem to think there were any need in attacking a person for not using correct grammer.

#2965828 - 10/02/12 03:46 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Twinshooter]
StalkingWolf
8 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN, USA

Bill is a great fisherman. Don't be dissin Bill!
#2966011 - 10/02/12 05:57 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Twinshooter
Your remarks above seems to be on the borderline of personal attacks. I am sure that his opinions were not implying any harm to you. I just didn't seem to think there were any need in attacking a person for not using correct grammer.

When someone misquotes me, puts words in my mouth that I never said, and tries to say I'm wrong when the facts and science are on my side, I take that as a personal attack. It's common in the tournament fishing world though. Someone fishes a few tournaments and becomes an expert on everything.

And, for the record, it's "grammar".

Dang, you are a "wise one" you must have at least an eighth grade education. If Tndeer would put spell check on here you wouldn't have anything to Bitach about.

#2966124 - 10/02/12 07:20 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

I would love to fish with Bill. Anywhere, no matter the lake or
pond. So much he could teach.

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#2966142 - 10/02/12 07:30 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Twinshooter
Dang, you are a "wise one" you must have at least an eighth grade education. If Tndeer would put spell check on here you wouldn't have anything to Bitach about.

Spell check doesn't know whether you mean there, their or they're. Some things adults should know. After Tndeer adds spell check they should give classes on the proper use of the quote function. That way you would stop putting your comments under my tab.

I don't want to stop putting comments under your tab. I don't mean any harm, just being, or is that been a pest, chumps, or a smuck.
After all I am just trying to drive my count up so that I can be a big boy like you. \:\/

#2967262 - 10/03/12 03:47 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: HUNTFUN07
You say he only catch fish bc he fishes private lakes.

I would like for you to show me where I said this because I never did. In fact, this is what I said:

His methods will catch fish anywhere

I suspect you are having trouble with my posts because your reading comprehension level matches your understanding of basic grammar. Case in point, it's hard to take someone seriously that doesn't know the difference in there, their, and they're. That is a fifth grade skill.

The only thing I stated was watching "Mr. Bill" catch 5 pounder after 5 pounder from the same stocked pond doesn't interest me. He is a great guy and a great fisherman. He can catch fish anywhere and take me to school while doing it. But, catching fish in that pond doesn't take great skill. I have fished similar private lakes.

As far as fish getting educated and learning to recognize lures they see repeatedly, there is a ton of results from research you could read, but I'm not sure your reading comprehension level is high enough.

Wow! I DID NOT mean to offend you! I was just trying to share some facts, opinions, whatever you want to call it. As far as my grammer, i was typing from a smart phone. The best i can do. There are not the easiest to use. I have a college degree and do not worry about correcting grammer on a hunting forum. I spent too many years worrying about that. Im sorry if it was taking out context. Good day!

#2967631 - 10/03/12 08:45 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Living2Hunt]
Bucks & Beards
4 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

I just have fond memories of Bill Dance when I was a young man and when he was first getting started. His show came on the TV real late at night, after Monday Night Football I think. I would stay up late (unknown to my parents) to watch him. Back then he did fish the large lakes in the Mid-South - Sardis, Lakeview, Tunica, Pickwick because my dad and I would fish them on the weekends and I recognized some of the spots I had seen on his TV show. We even saw him on Picwick one day.
As far as his fishing ponds he owns or manages, in my opinion the man has paid his dues and like others have said he has been a great ambassador for the sport and a great rep for the state of Tennessee.

#2967923 - 10/03/12 11:20 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: corymhoward]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

huge fish
#2973345 - 10/08/12 06:24 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER]
Inkstainz
14 Point

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee

I don't care if he caught that in a pond stocked with fish, when they get that big the level of difficulty catching them goes up. This is a beautiful fish and something anybody would be proud of, even Bill Dance who is a legend in his own right. Now I think that the childish attacks on one another are ridiculous and don't belong at TNdeer. Let's leave the grade school games where they belong and that is in grade school.
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (dfleming) and 47 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.