Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2970848 - 10/06/12 10:01 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: landman]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: landman
Do you REALLY think removing the names and doing away with the record books would stop the drive for killing big bucks????

You must have short memories how about the FT CAMPBELL BUST???
Done of those were record book recorded

No of course I don't and I don't think anybody on this thread said that. What it stops is the ego/money driven hunting that is so bad for hunting in general. That is why to delete the names from record books will not hurt hunting, just the record keeping organizations who exist primarily through the fees paid to have animals recorded.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#2971604 - 10/07/12 08:24 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: Pursuit Hunter]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

I have mixed emotions on this...nothing wrong with driving to the check in station with the tailgate down

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#2971626 - 10/07/12 08:48 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: Coach]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Coach
I have mixed emotions on this...nothing wrong with driving to the check in station with the tailgate down

No, there's not anything wrong with being proud of a kill. No one is saying that. The problem is the ego-driven world of inches of antler is all that matters.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2971684 - 10/07/12 10:05 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Coach

No, there's not anything wrong with being proud of a kill. No one is saying that. The problem is the ego-driven world of inches of antler is all that matters.

X2

And I feel somewhat heartened that others are now starting to see what is happening. For so long, it seemed that BSK and I were just crying in the dark. Finally, it is starting to sink in.

#2972681 - 10/08/12 09:29 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: bowriter]
Brno
Button

Loc: Loveland, CO

First: A big THANK YOU to Poser for posting this link.

Second: I'm trying to find out how a column from a small town newspaper in CO found its way to a deer hunting forum in TN.

Poser: Can you tell me how this link came to your attention?

Thanks again for your consideration.
Bron

#2972693 - 10/08/12 09:36 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: Brno]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Brno
First: A big THANK YOU to Poser for posting this link.

Second: I'm trying to find out how a column from a small town newspaper in CO found its way to a deer hunting forum in TN.

Poser: Can you tell me how this link came to your attention?

Thanks again for your consideration.
Bron

No problem. I get Google Alerts for subject matters related to hunting. Over time and through complex analytics, Google's search engine learns what subject matters seem to interest you. This article came up on my feed, the title caught my attention and the content was similar to philosophies often discussed on this forum. (At the very lease, this subject matter never fails to spark passionate debate). I thought it was a good read, so I posted it. Well done, sir.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#2972697 - 10/08/12 09:36 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: Brno]
bowriter
Non-Typical

It is all Poser does. He searches obscure websites for articles he thinks are of interest. I'm glad he does, some of them actually are of interest but he must have a very dull life.

\:\)

#2972730 - 10/08/12 10:04 AM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: bowriter]
Brno
Button

Loc: Loveland, CO

Ahh. The mystery is solved.
Thank you both for your speedy responses...
and everyone else for their commentary.

It's a touchy subject for sure.

#2972912 - 10/08/12 12:50 PM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: BSK]
fairchaser
8 Point

Loc: TN, USA

Originally Posted By: BSK

If all of these recordbooks only entered the buck's information, and NOT the hunter's, I would agree. But the drive of some hunters to get their name in the recordbooks is part of the problem. Because of that, I would list all recordbooks that glorify the hunter as being major negatives.

Since those do not exist, I assume you believe they are all negative. I agree that it may be the drive of some, but why should that ruin it for everyone else? I see this as a good outweighs the bad scenario. JMO.

#2972924 - 10/08/12 12:58 PM Re: Hunt for records destroys hunting [Re: bowriter]
fairchaser
8 Point

Loc: TN, USA

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Why would we lose 1/2 the hunters? I would bet half the hunters don't even know what B& C or P&Y are. There would still be the hunt for horns. It just would not be so commercial and ego driven.

Your kidding right? I've never met a deer hunter who didn't know these organizations. Unless, you are talking all hunters including small game only hunters.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
83 registered (huntintn, wobblegobble, rolltide22, Pine Ridge, ERhunt, Mudbone, 12 invisible) and 146 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85296 Topics
1030871 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.246 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.