Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#2970640 - 10/06/12 05:28 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: double browtine]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BSK

Winter is the least dangerous time to feed corn, but really, winter feeding shouldn't be done at all. But for those wanting to run a baited photo census, a small pile of corn to attract deer in front of the camera in winter is more biologically sound than using the same technique in summer, when even small corn piles can quickly become infected with enough aflatoxin to be deadly to wildlife.

#2970643 - 10/06/12 05:40 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: Beekeeper]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

If we put corn out the hogs would wipe it out before the deer got to it!

#2970715 - 10/06/12 07:20 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: TNTomtaker01]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Originally Posted By: TNTomtaker01
Your place your money to buy the licenses if your not hunting it illegally I could care less if you back a dump truck load in there.

Exactly!

#2970737 - 10/06/12 07:49 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: REM7]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

I live in the flat part of Ohio where farm ground is everywhere. Several deer I've taken were filled with corn and typically the deer are heavy. Won a big doe contest one year with a 175 pound doe. My woods right now has more acorns than I've ever seen and once again the deer don't seem to be eating them. They love the beans, corn, alfalfa, grasses, wheat...crops and flower gardens.

Got a pic yesterday of a young 7 pointer, no real mass to speak of, that thing has got to be over 200 pounds. As far as I can see corn has never done a thing to deer except put weight on them. That big doe had a half a bucket full of corn in her.

#2970785 - 10/06/12 08:33 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: nodog]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

This is a cornucopia of opinions and semi-correct biological cornclusions all which, when taken with a grain of corn don't amount to a pile of corn.

Where I hunt (one of the places) owner feeds his cattle. If he put a feed bunk in the woods, could I legally hunt deer and turkeys over it? What if he spilled some on the road through the woods? One of my stands is less than 10-feet from one of the roads. Could I hunt that stand? Would it be ethical or legal?

All this ridiculous bantering has given me corns on both feet. I should have stayed ion the woods this morning but it started raining and got all my bait, as well as my butt, wet.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#2970913 - 10/06/12 11:04 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: bowriter]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: bowriter
This is a cornucopia of opinions and semi-correct biological cornclusions all which, when taken with a grain of corn don't amount to a pile of corn.

Where I hunt (one of the places) owner feeds his cattle. If he put a feed bunk in the woods, could I legally hunt deer and turkeys over it? What if he spilled some on the road through the woods? One of my stands is less than 10-feet from one of the roads. Could I hunt that stand? Would it be ethical or legal?

All this ridiculous bantering has given me corns on both feet. I should have stayed ion the woods this morning but it started raining and got all my bait, as well as my butt, wet.

funny

#2971598 - 10/07/12 08:21 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: Deer Assassin]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin
 Originally Posted By: Master Chief
There are biological reasons

i disagree

tx ky nc oh

all corn states with great deer herds

after CORN harvest in neb iowa ILL and the rain and mold get of the fallen corn those deer arent dying

Yep...and add Michigan to the mix..

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#2971627 - 10/07/12 08:50 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: Coach]
Elmer
6 Point

Loc: Ft. Campbell/Montgomery co.

If its legal who cares? Just because some people like doing it, doesn't mean you need to judge them( as long as its legal). Baiting is going to be legal in tn sooner or later I hope some of the Nancys on here can deal with it.

Disclaimer. I don't/won't ever bait deer, but I won't be the holier than thou crowd if someone else does it legally.

Mathews Reezen, CVA Wolf, 7mmWSM

#2971646 - 10/07/12 09:13 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: Elmer]
Columbia Scott
6 Point

Loc: Columbia, Tennessee

I pour corn in front of cameras then make sure it's gone ten days before I hunt that stand. The best deer I have on camera this year is a 120" 2.5 year old deer. He is young but if I see him he's done for. I don't think it matters how old the deer are that you shoot. You get three bucks a year and your done. We limit ourselves to two on the lease. I took them both last year so if a monster walked out after the second buck I'm just out of luck. I can only shoot does. I might regret my choice to shoot a smaller buck. I've been waiting to see a monster for 25 years so no regrets yet. I've gone years in a row with no bucks just hoping to develop huge bucks..........Still waiting.

#2971659 - 10/07/12 09:32 AM Re: CORN HATERS...... [Re: Columbia Scott]
ROVERBOY
4 Point

Loc: clay

I have put out corn to get good trail cam pics but,most of the time don't fool with it much. Its got expensive and keeping enough out is hard to do sometimes. Almost everything eats corn.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (TN Larry, Brisco Darlin, Team Browning, UTGrad, SDS, leader, 13 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89192 Topics
1043090 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.218 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.