Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2971182 - 10/06/12 05:48 PM Re: White Collar Deer Hunting [Re: TRIGGER]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
 Originally Posted By: double browtine
I used to have some old VHS tapes of some old hunters that first started filming there hunts. I forget there names. They hunted in michigan and used bear bows, warren and sweat stands and made mock scrapes and hunted over them. They would shoot whatever walked by. Doe, five pointer, whatever came by got an arrow. Cant remember the guys name. VHS player ate it several years ago. It wasnt Noel Feather but during that time. I would love to see these "pro" hunters of today that hunt the best, largest, unpressured farms, go to public hunting areas and see if they could be successful in killing a monster buck. They need to have a big buck challenge and get about 5 of the top tv hunters let em draw names for five public hunting areas and see who comes out on top then. It would be so funny to watch them filming and then have an elmer walk under there stand!

I like that idea. I would watch.

Trigger, you might be surprised. I don't know how you would pick the top five but I can think of five that would probably do very well.

See, about 25 years ago, in MO, we did just exactly that only there were no cameras. There were five pieces of property, all about the same size, about 600-acres and five hunters who had never seen any of the property before. No fields or crops, just hardwoods like in a national forest or a big WMA. We were around something called Russell Mountain, a little southeast of Eminence. On Tuesday, we drew for property. Wed. we scouted, just that one day. We had about 600 acres each.

Thursday we started hunting. We were allowed to scout and hang stands or hunt. The limit was two deer either sex, bucks had to be at least 8-points or 16" inches. It was not a contest,no prizes, just bragging rights. Funny, there wasn't even much bragging. But, there was a lot of help and cooperation when it was time to blood trail or look for one.

Saturday, every hunter had killed at least one buck, three hunters had killed two. There were two does killed. Oh, I forgot to mention, it was a bow hunt.

One of most fun things I ever did and for about the only time I ever saw it, egos were checked at the door. I am not sure if all of the other four are still alive, I have lost touch. I think three of tme are. I know one has gone on.

But that is exactly what you are talking about. I can pick five today who will surprise the heck out of you. I would almost bet they would not be the five you would think of. One might be.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#2971258 - 10/06/12 07:20 PM Re: White Collar Deer Hunting [Re: bowriter]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Its business for those guys you mentioned....If there was'nt money to be made, they would not be doing it. If you start looking at it for anything other than that, you will be disappointed.

As far as the buck commander guys, willie robertson is just expanding the company from the Duck hunting side of it. And has been very successful at doing that. He is also responsible for the "duck dynasty". I don't really care for the duck commander guys. I know too many who have hunted with them, and heard too many similar stories, but no one will doubt the Robertson's abilities to find, and kill ducks. Their good people, just not fun to hunt with.
I understand what your saying, but its nothing more than a job, no different than you or I going to work. BTW, those wildgame nation guys are idiots. If there not, then they do a hell of a job at acting like idiots.

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#2971303 - 10/06/12 07:52 PM Re: White Collar Deer Hunting [Re: rukiddin?]
catsbackr
4 Point

Loc: Hixson, TN.

Larry Weishuhn is about the only one I like.
#2971309 - 10/06/12 07:57 PM Re: White Collar Deer Hunting [Re: catsbackr]
Jer
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory, TN

It does seem to be one big infomercial.....

#2971315 - 10/06/12 08:04 PM Re: White Collar Deer Hunting [Re: bobthebowhunter]
Devin2009
4 Point

Loc: Mt.Pleasant Tn.

Originally Posted By: bobthebowhunter
Definition-Folks that have more money than hunting skills.
Example-Wildgame Nation, Buck Commander, ect ect

Hey, Mr. Country Music star, here's brand new everything and some sugar beat crush bait. Let my boys take you out and see if you can miss. Just don't forget to plug the sponsors for most of the time.

Outdoor channel is ruining the image of hunting. Some of them boys don't know what real hunting is all about.

Sorry for the rant. I feel better.

Someone seems jealous.....I bet given the chance you would be right their in the thick of them. I bet most would.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
31 registered (rem270, BigPete357, Tn Medic, killerford, Patriot123, cdw338, 4 invisible) and 97 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99539 Topics
1171061 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.