Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#2970580 - 10/06/12 12:38 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: Deer Assassin]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin
 Originally Posted By: Dawson
It is funny that Wal-Mart is stocked up with "deer corn" right when season starts. My guy at Williamson County Co-op said they sold out of corn the weekend bow season started. I just don't understand why someone feels proud of killing something over a pile of corn. If they are desperate to feed themselves or their family I would be happy to take them hunting or kill one and give to them. My neighbor had piles everywhere a couple years ago and an automatic feeder. I put a stop to that quick.

same with the folks that hunt over foodplots acorns persimmions

all bait howbeit legal bait but still bait
buck bombs and tink 69 bait

i dont see how people that use the above feel proud

luring a buck in thinking he will get a hot doe instead a lead sammwich
Yeah, kinda like shooting one in a turnip patch. There is a huge difference in planting food sources and using natural food sources rather than pouring out a bag of corn. I am sure you feel pride in shooting your big buck in a garden.

Edited by Dawson (10/06/12 12:39 AM)

#2970590 - 10/06/12 01:11 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: ]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

It is funny that Wal-Mart is stocked up with "deer corn" right when season starts. My guy at Williamson County Co-op said they sold out of corn the weekend bow season started. I just don't understand why someone feels proud of killing something over a pile of corn. If they are desperate to feed themselves or their family I would be happy to take them hunting or kill one and give to them. My neighbor had piles everywhere a couple years ago and an automatic feeder. I put a stop to that quick.

Yeah, kinda like shooting one in a turnip patch. There is a huge difference in planting food sources and using natural food sources rather than pouring out a bag of corn. I am sure you feel pride in shooting your big buck in a garden.

so now a turnip green patch is cheating in your book? are all species of oak or only ones you approve of.what about farms that dont have oaks?

Edited by redblood (10/06/12 01:11 AM)

#2970675 - 10/06/12 06:31 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: redblood]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

My guess on the subject is that this hunter and many many others are just procrastinators. The put it off till they hear there bow hunting buddy talking about the deer he saw bow hunting and they say crap season has started already I need to get a few stands up and get some pics so I'm ready by the time gun season comes around. Just a guess.
#2970706 - 10/06/12 07:09 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: monsterbuck07]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

I dont care what Joe Smoe does on HIS own property. He wants to bait then thats on him. It will be him paying for it not me. We can debate the "ethics" of baiting till the end of time, and never see eye to eye. But if you are trepassing well that pretty cut and dry there.
#2970757 - 10/06/12 08:07 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: monsterbuck07]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

Originally Posted By: monsterbuck07
Did you report it?
nobody in the stand,no laws broken

#2970872 - 10/06/12 10:25 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: Hickory Nut]
IceMann
6 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hickory Nut
You are correct rem270. I was squirrel hunting and came across this scene. I was hunting a piece of property I have permission to hunt on. I was taking a short-cut back to the truck and crossing someone else's field. I don't know the owner. I thought the whole thing looked odd. A new stand put up in an obvious place, a big pile of corn with a trophy rock in the middle of it, 20 feet from the stand. It was the weekend before the archery season opened. My first notion was that someone was trying to bait deer. I thought I would put this photo up on thi site and see what comments from other deer hunters would be.

The only one breaking the law is you mr,.trespasserHickorynut.You even admitted to tresspassing.Now you assume someone is baiting deer???and Illegally hunting over bait..It is not illegal to bait deer, you guys do it all year long, just illegal to hunt over bait..Just what we need another corn police/hunter who breaks the law himself.......

http://10thdtf.com/index.html

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us

#2970879 - 10/06/12 10:28 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: TRIGGER]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
My guess on the subject is that this hunter and many many others are just procrastinators. The put it off till they hear there bow hunting buddy talking about the deer he saw bow hunting and they say crap season has started already I need to get a few stands up and get some pics so I'm ready by the time gun season comes around. Just a guess.

yep

#2970880 - 10/06/12 10:30 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: ]
wayne
8 Point

Loc: Grundy

Just wondering why turnips would be any different than chickory?

http://www.petakillsanimals.com

#2970890 - 10/06/12 10:39 AM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: wayne]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

content Online
I wondered when this thread would show up...don't you guys get tired of beating this bait/non-bait thing over the head every year? Nothing will be resolved except some snide remarks...Bottom line, if it's legal, on your own land, nobody's business..Let's move on...

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#2970972 - 10/06/12 12:41 PM Re: Corn Pile Hunter [Re: Coach]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

Originally Posted By: Coach
I wondered when this thread would show up...don't you guys get tired of beating this bait/non-bait thing over the head every year? Nothing will be resolved except some snide remarks...Bottom line, if it's legal, on your own land, nobody's business..Let's move on...

I dont care about the cornpile. Heck i got one out in Ky and see nothing wrong with it. I want to know about him taking a shortcut across the property and not knowing who owns the land.

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (TAG1, Josiah, Nyper, dh1984, TNRazorback, DKO77, 6 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88888 Topics
1039813 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.243 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.